IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Um. I’m gonna just start out by saying on March 9th, at approximately 1:15PM Amiah Robertson was last seen alive, and well with Robert Lyons in the 200 block of South Holmes, Robert Lyons was driving a 1996 Izuzu Rodeo, maroon in color. It is in poor condition. Robert stayed on the Southwest side of Indianapolis until 10:00PM, when he returned back to the mother, Amber Robertson, alone, without Amiah.

According to the transcript of the press conference shared here, he remained in the SW area.
Press Conference Amiah Roberston, 3/23/2019

According to the transcript of the press conference shared here, he remained in the SW area.
Press Conference Amiah Roberston, 3/23/2019

"Q: Do you know where Robert Lyons is now?

LS: Uh, no.

Q: When was the last time you saw him, or talked to him?

LS: Um, I’m not real sure, I know he was released on a separate, unrelated charge, um, about 3 or 4 days ago.

Q: Lieutenant, put this into context, she went missing or was last seen alive and well on March 9th, she wasn’t reported missing until a week later. Is that concerning in this situation?

LS: Well it’s very concerning, and uh, you know I think that that has led to some of the difficulties we’ve had in tracking down exactly what happened."

How close are they to the "exactly what happened" explanation?

Anyone done any research here for any cases of a missing child of that age (under 1) close to that area? Anything turn up?
The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Baby Lisa Irwin from KC, Missouri but that case is 8 or so years old and that's still nearly 2 hours away.
Is there a separate thread here on WS for this recently found baby?

ETA I didn't see a thread for this baby, so I created one in the Unidentified section
MO - MO - Columbia - Baby - <1 year - Remains Found at Edge of McKnight Tire Parking Lot

Last edited:
Anyone done any research here for any cases of a missing child of that age (under 1) close to that area? Anything turn up?
The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Baby Lisa Irwin from KC, Missouri but that case is 8 or so years old and that's still nearly 2 hours away.
Is there a separate thread here on WS for this recently found baby?

ETA I didn't see a thread for this baby, so I created one in the Unidentified section
MO - MO - Columbia - Baby - <1 year - Remains Found at Edge of McKnight Tire Parking Lot
. I hope this is her that baby girl deserves to be laid to rest

I was hopeful she was found when I saw activity on this thread.

It seems unlikely that is her, but I guess it is possible. He was missing for hours one day and/or someone may have helped him.

Jmo.

If the tire shop in Columbia, MO was closer to the interstate I would come closer to believing this could be Amiah. Unless he knows someone in Columbia I seriously doubt it is her.

I know we want her found, I just don't think Columbia, MO is where she. imo

If the tire shop in Columbia, MO was closer to the interstate I would come closer to believing this could be Amiah. Unless he knows someone in Columbia I seriously doubt it is her.

I know we want her found, I just don't think Columbia, MO is where she. imo

One can't deny though that the vehicle he was driving may very likely have blown a tire and I doubt he had Triple A ;)

I think it is unlikely too but it is clearly an infant that passed some time ago.

Jmo.

I honestly think this case has a bunch of lying adults not being straight with police. Some lying when they are not even involved.
bbm
Yes, but they may be afraid of saying anything about anything. No excuses, but LE can be very intimidating, especially when a baby is missing, and certainly LE means business. Maybe something bad happened and a neighbor knew nothing about it, but her son, daughter or brother is due in court or has violated parole, etc. She's not gonna talk about anything except to say as much nothing as possible -- "I've been in bed sick and I haven't seen or heard anything," or similar, in hopes that LE won't come back and knock on her door.

My thoughts at the start that poor Amiah had been sold. JMO
Wouldn't surprise me -- they could've done the deal at the Motel 6 or wherever her "date" was supposed to be. Quick exchange -- anonymous. Nobody knows where the buyer or seller lives. Perfect. Lock the door, do the deal. Wham-bam, done.

(And please let this not be so.)

Well, except for the innocence part. I know it's unlikely to be true and what likely happened to Amiah, and I'm not going to be crushed by finding out it happened again. Resigned to the inevitable.

Hope isn't logical. It's just...hope.
bbm
You're right, it's not logical, but it's what we've got. We here at WS rarely get good news on cases we follow, and we have pretty reliable hinky meters, but we do get good news every now & then. And how we carry on when we do - :) :D :cool: ;) - we get to smile and feel very good when it is good.

That's why we simply must hope, we can't not hope.

Wouldn't surprise me -- they could've done the deal at the Motel 6 or wherever her "date" was supposed to be. Quick exchange -- anonymous. Nobody knows where the buyer or seller lives. Perfect. Lock the door, do the deal. Wham-bam, done.

(And please let this not be so.)

I'm praying it's not the case but just had an awful feeling about it. If it turns out that way I'll be the first one in floods of tears, she is a beautiful looking baby.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smiley35
Back