Found Safe IN - Bryson Muir, 14, *poss in danger*, Logansport, last seen leaving Ohio w/his mother, Kristen Muir, Servant Leader’s Foundation, 16 Jun '24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So what's going on with his siblings? How old are they? Where are they?
(yes, I saw someone mention that his mom had a breastfeeding infant, but I think there are more siblings who are closer to Bryson's age.)

And this cult encourages men to have many, many children, no doubt to populate the cult and 'allow' multiple wives. KGB said on one of his posts that he is hoping to have 90-something children, and that is why he's ok if he doesn't have access to his first five. Grrrrr!

I see so much of my own past in this story. When my then spouse and all his siblings joined the church of yahweh, and left our state and moved to Abilene, and gave up every dime they had.....only to learn they were abusing the kids and wanted to hand out my 5 year old stepdaughter as a wife...

This kind of stuff is common and all over. This cult is no different than the one that infected my own family. I have zero love for this cult in any way.

I understand that it must be difficult for pro-athletes, who are worshipped from a young age and get paid a lot, despite in many cases coming from non-wealthy families. What happens when the applause stops? It seems that some look to extreme religion and assume a leadership position. Unfortunately they don't understand that they aren't smarter than the average bear. They are just people like the rest of us.

I understand that the NFL and the NBA (and no doubt other pro leagues) try to provide some guidance to the young kids that come into the sport, but so many of them still end up in trouble.

I guess we are all at fault as a society since we put these people up on a pedestal. We pay a lot of money to watch them play and to entertain us. I've often wondered who could afford to go to a pro game. It's no longer a case of taking the family to see some games. Most of the seats are corporate. We have lost our way. Of course some young athletes get a leg up and make the most of it. But there are so many cases where that is short-lived.

What happened to Daniel Muir? What happened to KGB? These men thought they were gods. But they are just human like the rest of us.

I hate to quote this source, and possibly others have posted these details, but here are a couple of future dates to note for this case.

Following a thorough search, Bryson was found on Wednesday. Both Daniel Muir and his wife were taken into custody. The couple now faces charges of domestic battery and obstruction of justice. They have been held without bond and are under a no-contact order with their son. The no-contact order is scheduled for review on July 16, and a jury trial has been set for Nov 4.
BBM.

Daniel Muir recruited to religious 'cult' by ex-NFL star and convinced teammate

So the non-contact order will be reviewed on July 16.
Jury trial is initially scheduled for Nov 4.

I understand that it must be difficult for pro-athletes, who are worshipped from a young age and get paid a lot, despite in many cases coming from non-wealthy families. What happens when the applause stops? It seems that some look to extreme religion and assume a leadership position. Unfortunately they don't understand that they aren't smarter than the average bear. They are just people like the rest of us.

I understand that the NFL and the NBA (and no doubt other pro leagues) try to provide some guidance to the young kids that come into the sport, but so many of them still end up in trouble.

I guess we are all at fault as a society since we put these people up on a pedestal. We pay a lot of money to watch them play and to entertain us. I've often wondered who could afford to go to a pro game. It's no longer a case of taking the family to see some games. Most of the seats are corporate. We have lost our way. Of course some young athletes get a leg up and make the most of it. But there are so many cases where that is short-lived.

What happened to Daniel Muir? What happened to KGB? These men thought they were gods. But they are just human like the rest of us.
I think a big draw is the sense of community and being part of a team. When you've been a member of a team and everything in your life is centered on that team, it can be an unwelcomed jolt when that team is no longer there. Even everyday people who retire experience this sense of loss. Some people have a hard time with school graduations for similar reasons. When my kids grew past the little-kid stage, I missed my mommy group and it took awhile to adjust (but part of growing myself was making those adjustments without joining a cult!).

What scares me about this particular cult is athletes at that high of a level as playing for college or NFL are really experienced at pulling together with strategy and leadership against a tough opponent. They know how to get back up when knocked down hard. They aren't going to fizzle and break apart because the law is after them, in other words.

jmo

I’m a little behind now that he was found safe.
not sue is this article has been shared. Hoping someone will get a copy of the court docs.

I think a big draw is the sense of community and being part of a team. When you've been a member of a team and everything in your life is centered on that team, it can be an unwelcomed jolt when that team is no longer there. Even everyday people who retire experience this sense of loss. Some people have a hard time with school graduations for similar reasons. When my kids grew past the little-kid stage, I missed my mommy group and it took awhile to adjust (but part of growing myself was making those adjustments without joining a cult!).

What scares me about this particular cult is athletes at that high of a level as playing for college or NFL are really experienced at pulling together with strategy and leadership against a tough opponent. They know how to get back up when knocked down hard. They aren't going to fizzle and break apart because the law is after them, in other words.

jmo
Agreed.
You made some excellent points !

I’m a little behind now that he was found safe.
not sue is this article has been shared. Hoping someone will get a copy of the court docs.

Yet it’s still stating BM found ‘safe and unharmed’ whilst the parents have been charged with battery seems contradictory.

I am happy that this young man has been found and is safe. I believe the family is definitely in a restrictive cult situation. I would like to point out that there are multiple religions that have similar fringe elements which expect total submissiveness and use corporal punishments on women and children as well as men who are lower ranked. It is interesting that we don't call some of these sects "cults" and determine them to be under the guise of religious freedom. IMHO, none of these organizations should be considered religious. It is easy to see with this group but, why is it so hard to see in other groups?

I am happy that this young man has been found and is safe. I believe the family is definitely in a restrictive cult situation. I would like to point out that there are multiple religions that have similar fringe elements which expect total submissiveness and use corporal punishments on women and children as well as men who are lower ranked. It is interesting that we don't call some of these sects "cults" and determine them to be under the guise of religious freedom. IMHO, none of these organizations should be considered religious. It is easy to see with this group but, why is it so hard to see in other groups?
I was involved in a group very much like this. Until you know about it, and how evil it is, many times you don't see it until it is clearly obvious. For me I came along after my ex had left the house of yahweh, but he and his family kept many of the beliefs, and for me since I knew him before he was in the cult, it was very obvious.

jmo
This is one of many reasons why many soldiers sign up for multiple overseas deployments. Sebastian Junger addressed this a few years ago in a slim but excellent book called "Tribe."

This part from Chapter 2 of the Sports Illustrated article makes me very worried for the children.

This is specifically referring to Dowell's (leader/founder of the Straightway "cult") compound in Tennessee...not the Indiana one where Daniel Muir is the local head. But elsewhere in the article there were also quotes from KGB, the other ex-NFLer associated with Straightway that got into trouble with the law(at the Wisconsin location) where he said children must be obedient, and although he used "the rod" on his children he now wishes he had been tougher. He also referred to his children as his property.

This group is dangerous to women and children.

CHAPTER 2: Inside the Troubling Past of the ‘Cult’ Former Packers Star KGB Has Joined
Is there a list of states in which they operate?

There's a cult nearby where I live. The driveway is quite long; although, the large building itself is visible from the highway. A friend of mine attempted to check it out. He was met partway up the driveway by an armed guard who informed him that access was by invitation only. Scary stuff. They should have their tax-free status revoked imoo.

I wonder how old his siblings are. (I believe he has 2 brothers.)
Bryson is over 6 feet tall at 14 years old. I wonder if Daniel was finding that a threat, as no doubt the teenager was 'flexing his muscles' and trying to figure out who he is.
Have any of the other siblings been abused? LE needs to find out.

And, since Daniel is the head of the Indiana 'chapter' of Straightview, is this a theme he has spread and allowed in the other families there in Logansport? Further investigation is needed for the other families as well.
I really doubt that he's flexing his muscles or testing any waters. Sadly, just listen to what he told his Grandmother. I'm fine. I deserved it. (paraphrasing)

jmoo and omo religious abuse by warping a child's view of God, the one relationship in which everyone should feel total acceptance, it's the most damaging of all forms of abuse. Again, only my opinion.

I hope and pray that Bryson is safe, and I hope he gets appropriate therapy so that he can heal, in all ways.

Kristen Muir is nursing a 8-month-old child.

Child Services on Wednesday took all the Muirs’ children into their care, although authorities have not said how many children the pair has. The Muirs married in 2009.

In the court documents, Child Services also found the Muirs’ other children may have been disciplined. In the court documents, children with redacted names reported during interviews on June 27 that they’d previously been “whooped” with a green water hose on the legs, arms and butt.

Also from the above linked article:

Ministries, issued a video response on the Muir’s arrests. He says the raid happened while “the Israelites were in prayer,” and all happened over “an allegation” made to Child Services.

“No one really knows what happened,” Dowell said.

The head pastor also says that, while he imagines the fallout from the “allegation” will not end well, the church “will not take any of this lying down.”

“We’re coming. You better believe we’re coming,” Dowell said. “We’re going to see how funny everything is when the smoke clears and when you really truly find out they made a mountain out of a molehill.”

I-Team 8’s Cat Sandoval on June 27 spoke to the family’s neighbors, who declined to be on camera for fear of retaliation. However, they described the Muirs’ Logansport property and the Straitway Truth Ministry as “scary,” “creepy” and “cult-like.” Multiple “no trespassing” signs line the property gates. Some neighbors told Sandoval on June 27 they have heard gunshots from the property in the past.

Kristen Muir is nursing a 8-month-old child.

Child Services on Wednesday took all the Muirs’ children into their care, although authorities have not said how many children the pair has. The Muirs married in 2009.

In the court documents, Child Services also found the Muirs’ other children may have been disciplined. In the court documents, children with redacted names reported during interviews on June 27 that they’d previously been “whooped” with a green water hose on the legs, arms and butt.

That article is wild , Iguess now we wait til 7/16.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamieoconnor
Back