IN IN - Chynna, 26, & Blake Dickus, 10, Franklin, 24 July 2006

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
fozzybear said:
I read that Blake was the only child of both the mother and the father. Also, since his wife was also murdered, in my opinion, maybe it would be only natural for both of them to want to fall back on eachother for some support seeing how both of them know what eachother's going through??? IDK...this is just so sad.

ITA. Especially if she is not in a relationship, I think it would be very normal to lean on one another to remember Blake's too-short life.

A woman I know lost her son to a severe lung infection last spring. During the 2 weeks he was in ICU and fighting for his life, his biological father was invited to the hospital. This was someone the son had only met once before in his life, yet they all felt it was a healing moment.

Also, depending on what was decided about Blake's body, they may have been going somewhere together to scatter his ashes.

Cops: Burglary may yield clues in Franklin killings | IndyStar.com

... "We are releasing this information now because some of the things of interest to us would not surface immediately," Police Chief John Borges said in a statement. "We have reason to believe that there may be an individual(s) who have information pertinent to this investigation, that for unknown reasons, have yet to come forward..."

Police did not expand on the possible connection between the burglary and the slayings, but they did say they would like to talk to anyone with an unusual or unnatural interest in the crime.

"In the weeks after the crime, everyone was interested in the case," Borges said in an interview. "But an unnatural interest would not surface until much later, and that's the person or persons we want to identify..."

Dickus found his wife and son and is not considered a suspect in the case by police.

No updates on her mother's site since December 2006. I hope the killer does not get away with this.

Police still hopeful of solving '06 slayings | IndyStar.com

"Priority number one for this agency is to solve this crime, and I believe we will do it," Tennell said...

Tips about the case are still coming in, Tennell said, and several investigators are working on it. "There are people we are following up on, but we have not identified a specific target," he said. "Further information will be released either at the anniversary or after."

Tennell said he hopes evidence from the crime scene that was turned over to the Indiana State Police lab will yield new clues.

The community will release balloons at 7 p.m. Tuesday in front of the Johnson County Courthouse in memory of Blake and Chynna Dickus.

I figured out this weekend that I have a sort of link to this crime. I happen to work part-time and only every so often with a woman who at the time of the murders lived directly next to the Dickus family. It came up this weekend when she was discussing sending Chynna's mother a card to mark the year anniversary. She told me a few things that she observed that I want to share, but I would like to ask her permission first.

But first, my question is if they have said where the 2x4 that was found with blood on the end came from? Do they know where it originated? From the house or a nearby construction site?

It's been so long since I've looked over the information about this case that I don't remember much at all about the evidence. Does anyone else remember information about the 2x4?

I hadn't heard about a 2x4 but it fits my theory. I believe a construction worker may have been the killer. I had read that it was a C.P. Morgan housing division. I also live in a housing division that was full of new homes being built. A construction worker wold not seem out of place.
I figured out this weekend that I have a sort of link to this crime. I happen to work part-time and only every so often with a woman who at the time of the murders lived directly next to the Dickus family. It came up this weekend when she was discussing sending Chynna's mother a card to mark the year anniversary. She told me a few things that she observed that I want to share, but I would like to ask her permission first.

But first, my question is if they have said where the 2x4 that was found with blood on the end came from? Do they know where it originated? From the house or a nearby construction site?

OT~ HI My Little sister!!!!!

I hadn't heard about a 2x4 but it fits my theory. I believe a construction worker may have been the killer. I had read that it was a C.P. Morgan housing division. I also live in a housing division that was full of new homes being built. A construction worker wold not seem out of place.

Article mentions 2 by 4 board:
". . . Investigators said the home was torn up, and that they also found a 2-by-4 board that had blood on one end. . . ."
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/9569462/detail.html

and ". . . Investigators reported finding blood throughout the home and a two-by-four board that had blood on one end. . . ."
http://www.wishtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5191964&nav=0Ra7

This almost sounds like a spree type of killing done by about two people, one that wields the 2 by 4 and one that uses the knife, each feeding off the attention of the other watching them do their part in the crime.

I suspect that one is quite a bit smaller than the other but that's just a guess based on some of the details I read in news reports. I think the knife wielder is possibly the dominant person in the relationship with his partner but again that's just a guess based on some of the details I read in news reports.

I am almost surprised that a video of the attack taken by the perps did not surface on you tube as this almost has that sort of feel to the crime.

Doc- Thanks for finding those links that mentioned the 2x4.

Your theory is a good one, but I can't say that I see this being a two-person crime. If it was two people, it most likely would have been pre-planned and I don't see that in this. It was the middle of the day and with the rage that seemed to be directed towards Blake, I think this was something personal. But that's JMO.

IndyGal - Hello sister!

Doc- Thanks for finding those links that mentioned the 2x4.

Your theory is a good one, but I can't say that I see this being a two-person crime. If it was two people, it most likely would have been pre-planned and I don't see that in this. It was the middle of the day and with the rage that seemed to be directed towards Blake, I think this was something personal. But that's JMO.

IndyGal - Hello sister!
You are most welcome.

As to the 2 or more people involved: One victim(the boy) according to news reports was attacked with choking and beating and was killed by blunt force trauma. And yet both the boy and his mom were also stabbed. To me this sounded like one person had a knife and used it on both victims and one person had no knife and so used a more "hands on" choking and beating attack and finally resorted to the board to kill his victim. It seems too much to think that the person with the knife put it away and then choked the boy and then beat him with the board and then took the knife out again and stabbed both the boy and the woman.
There were two victims and I think it took two people to simultaneously subdue them using different style attacks and different weapons. Short of seeing the crime scene evidence and the bodies all I can do is guess that there were 2 perps who had different styles of combat and thus different weapons.

This way it shapes up that The knife wielder was attacking the woman and perhaps the boy tried to intervene and was stabbed too but then the other person got the boy off the knife wielder, choking and beating him and finally killing him with the board. To me that makes more sense than a single attacker switching modes of attack and using a knife on both victims and then putting away the knife and strangling the boy and then using a different weapon the required more effort (the board) on just the boy.

Of course this is all just guesswork on my part and in time we may know the true answers.

Over time, I've come to think that perhaps the intended victim was Chynna and that maybe the perp didn't even know that Blake was there. Perhaps Blake tried to help his step-mom and even knocked the knife out of the perp's hand temporarily and so the perp fought off Blake with his fists after casting Chynna aside. At the end, he may have attacked Blake with the knife to be sure he was dead after the perp regained his weapon.

It's horrible even to think about.

Over time, I've come to think that perhaps the intended victim was Chynna and that maybe the perp didn't even know that Blake was there. Perhaps Blake tried to help his step-mom and even knocked the knife out of the perp's hand temporarily and so the perp fought off Blake with his fists after casting Chynna aside. At the end, he may have attacked Blake with the knife to be sure he was dead after the perp regained his weapon.

It's horrible even to think about.
You guys are good here!! Seeing how this happened near me, it strikes my intrest. I do believe on the news they sadi the husband didnt attend the memorial. If that is true isnt that a bit strange? You guys should know by know, Indy always suspects those close at home...LOL Sorry.

OT~ Jen I know you have the skills which is why I got you to join. Make me proud!!:blowkiss: :blowkiss:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaximusWolff
Back