IN IN - Delano Wilson, 1 mo., Indianapolis, 27 Aug 2014 - #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cancelled Amber Alerts... can that also mean the details of the alert are proven to be false, such as no car, wrong color, etc.? Or do they only cancel of the child is found, either way?

Huh ? In other words no one looking outside this immediate area will find this sweet , innocent, needy baby because he is within the area that the local media provides news to .

IMO something is going down. No planned searches???? It has only been a few days. I think they have some proof of something.

The no planned searches has me floored. Could these 2 be rolling all over each other????

This only happened Wed. I have seen searches go on for weeks. Watsup????

Shades of Lisa Irwin, IMO. 911 call logged as a robbery, then the...oh, also, btw my baby is missing. Not buying it.

This poor baby boy. I hope they find him soon, although the outcome will probably not be good. :(

Okay listening to the 911 call, it sounds to me like someone reading. When she asks for a description of the kidnappers, he lists what the guy is wearing: red shirt, blue shorts & black, blue, red jordans. When she asks him to repeat, he repeats in the same order. Like he is reading from something.

Who is he talking to in the background prior to talking to the ambulance services?

Some reporter better start asking the hard questions! What in heaven name? AA cancelled because it had reached maximum effectiveness? I wasn't aware AA's had short shelf life?!

Who is he talking to in the background prior to talking to the ambulance services?

The mother, perhaps? Who just happened to be seen by a local business owner walking down the street in the same exact area just after the 911 call was placed.

MEDIA ADVISORY – IMPD REQUEST CANCELLATION OF AMBER ALERT

INDIANAPOLIS – The Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department (IMPD), with the assistance of several local, state, and federal agencies have spent that last three days searching for 6-week-old, Delano Wilson, who was reported missing on Wednesday, August 27, 2014 during an alleged robbery.

On Wednesday, an Amber Alert was requested from the Indiana Clearing House which manages the Amber Alert program for the state. The Amber Alert was issued in conjunction with the in-progress hourly radio broadcasts to all Marion County law enforcement officers, internal department communications, use of the department’s social media links, and regional messaging to outside agencies. Detectives have followed up on all the information received from the public. Unfortunately, the information received did not shed any light on the whereabouts of Delano.

When the Amber Alert was first issued, investigators received numerous tips. However, over the last six hours investigators have only received two calls. The activation of an Amber Alert requires IMPD investigators to manage and monitor a 24hr Amber Alert hotline.

Over the past three days, Missing Person detectives believe the Amber Alert message has reached its maximum audience. With the decrease in tips, detectives have requested the cancellation of the Amber Alert. Detectives feel confident the continued use of the department’s internal messaging, use of its social media links, continued coverage by local media, and information for the public is sufficient and yields the best opportunity to find Delano. Additionally, detectives believe that the Amber Alert has increased awareness surrounding Delano's alleged abduction. The cancellation of the Amber Alert does has no barring on the active investigation into Delano's abduction. IMPD will continue to use all necessary resources and techniques to bring Delano back home.

Officers will continue to be on high alert but at this time no further searches are being planned. If information is received which provides reliable information on a location of Delano or a suspect, IMPD will take immediate action. Detectives will continue to follow-up on the investigative information and distribute information to the public when appropriate. Again, anyone with information on the whereabouts of Delano is asked to call 911 or text 888777 keyword “IMPD” with information.

https://local.nixle.com/alert/5258743/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members