IN IN - Diamond Bynum, 21, & King Walker, 2, Gary, 25 July 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So any suggestions on how to sleuth this? I don't know what to do not being in the area. Expounding on my earlier idea, I have thought about sharing the link to their FB missing page on the Chicago BLM page (it's public, and I didn't look to see if there was a group for the Gary area) but I don't want to offend anyone. I just want ideas on how to get the word out. A 2 year old with a vulnerable adult needs to be a priority!

Thanks. I'm a bit shamed to admit that the only reason I haven't posted on this thread is that I didn't know where to start. I didn't know what I could possibly do to help, especially being far away. I check on Diamond and King every evening to see if there's any news. I'm not very adept at 'sleuthing' but I am more than happy to devote some time and energy to help finding/getting the word out about these two. If anyone has any suggestions of how I can help, I'd be grateful!

I also check in on Diamond and King almost every day, but haven't posted much on the thread. I think a social media push would be a great idea to get the word out. I am certainly willing to help.

I read about this case on another forum. Last I heard the Silver and Amber alerts were in effect. Is that still the case? I know the guy they thought had them was released correct?

I also am not a good sluether, and I'm not sure where Gary is, but I'm in Ohio and would like to help.

Gary is in Indiana just around Lake Michigan from Chicago. On the south tip of Lake Michigan actually, not far from the IN/IL border, it might go all the way to the border, but I'm not 100% sure. I've had to drive through there on my way to Toronto several times.

Exactly, Pepe. Thanks for coming over, please encourage others (especially those bored witless on Deorrs thread ;)) to get their butts over here and get sleuthing - at least there is more to go on and the family would be so appreciative! I wonder if people are put off by spotting an adult in the thread title, not realising she has the mental age of a child, maybe assuming it's a domestic matter.

It's midnight so bed time for me, hopefully next time I check in you'll have persuaded everyone to come over here and we'll be on thread 2. I can dream....

It sounds like she's not only childlike mentally but also her size -- a 4'8" adult and particularly one with disabilities should be fairly easy to spot if she were simply wandering around out there somewhere. That makes me think she's not. And if not, where is she? And the baby is almost certainly with her wherever she is.

I agree with you for sure that she should have been spotted at this point, especially if King is still with her. So where are they? It's so worrisome that no one has seen them. I can't imagine them just going off into the wilderness from Gary. And like I said if they were in an abandoned building why didn't they ever come out for food or another reason? How has no one seen them. The only other reason I can think of is that they either got in a car with the wrong person or met the wrong person who decided to take advantage of the situation and one of them was the target and the other one was in the way, which isn't going to end well. I hope to God they somehow just found some nice person who has taken them in and supported them but why not call the police? This whole thing makes no sense in any way I can think of, and it's just heartbreaking.

I'm in Chicago and while I don't watch the news I know this story has really quieted down around here. The poor toddler that was found in the lagoon made huge headlines here -- even though we as a city seem numb to death -- but not much news in a few weeks. Today one of our local new stations confirmed the baby in the lagoon in not King: http://wgntv.com/2015/10/14/no-match-between-garfield-park-remains-missing-gary-toddler/

I know they always thought this was the case but DNA has confirmed it.

I definitely think King will be wherever his aunt is. I do not believe she is responsible or did anything to harm the child. If they wandered off I find it so hard to believe they wouldn't have been found. It makes me think they were purposely hidden. I lean towards child was harmed then his aunt because she was there. It could be vice versa too but King was just a baby. I think police suspect somebody close to them and they are ether waiting for said person to slip or, well, feel they have other things to do. Between Gary and Chicago there are plenty of empty houses to hide people. Then of course there is Lake Michigan.

It upsets me that two precious and vulnerable people are getting so little attention. And just like anywhere else, Chicago has a very short attention span. I hope somebody says something soon!

I am relieved that the Garfield Park baby is not King. But where are Diamond and King?

I agree with you for sure that she should have been spotted at this point, especially if King is still with her. So where are they? It's so worrisome that no one has seen them. I can't imagine them just going off into the wilderness from Gary. And like I said if they were in an abandoned building why didn't they ever come out for food or another reason? How has no one seen them. The only other reason I can think of is that they either got in a car with the wrong person or met the wrong person who decided to take advantage of the situation and one of them was the target and the other one was in the way, which isn't going to end well. I hope to God they somehow just found some nice person who has taken them in and supported them but why not call the police? This whole thing makes no sense in any way I can think of, and it's just heartbreaking.

I agree with your thinking. I think they would have been noticed. I lean towards somebody close and maybe that's why the police haven't made huge moves. Could they be watching and waiting? Do you think there is any possibility Diamond accidentally hurt King (and I say that in the truest sense of the word) and anger overtook somebody close to them?

In no way do I want to imply guilt where this is no evidence but just brainstorming. If that was the case maybe they knew Diamond and King shouldn't have been left alone together so whoever is responsible needed to cover multiple people's butts.

I hope somebody took them in! Seems unlikely they wouldn't have called the police yet but I hope that's the case.

This thread is tough because there is just nothing new. I've been following for almost the whole time, but there is such a lack of info and new news.

Usually with a case there is a general "feeling" among posters about what might have gone on, at least to some degree. I'm not really getting anything from this case.

There are really only a finite amount of things that could have happened.

1. The original facts are incorrect and one or both disappeared at some other point.
2. Diamond and King left the house together unharmed, then met with foul play and one or both are captive or deceased.
3. Diamond and King left the house together unharmed, and remain unharmed, but are being harbored by some unknown party, or are living together by themselves (unlikely by King's age and Diamond's cognitive age).
4. Diamond and King left the house together unharmed, got lost or separated, and are now captive/deceased from foul play or natural causes (exposure, hypo/er-thermia), and met these fates separately or together.
5. Diamond and King were kidnapped/harmed at the house and one or both are captive or deceased.
6. One or both have been found (alive or deceased) but not identified, such as if Diamond were in a hospital but not identified. (seems unlikely)

I saw via the face book flyer below, that the family believes they have gotten lost and cannot find their way back. If true, something had to happen to them when they were lost. If Diamond has something like Prader-Willi syndrome, I cannot imagine that someone did not report her wandering around, especially if King was still with her. The question would be where would they go, presumably to get food? I would put up flyers near where they think they would have gone (maybe a mcdonalds or someplace that a kid would want to go?), and ask people/employees who were there that day to say if they saw them? I am sure that has been done...

https://www.facebook.com/DiamondByn...0179693715335/930181200381851/?type=3&theater

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prader–Willi_syndrome (Link to info on Prader-Willi Syndrome, though I am not sure if that has been specified as Diamond's condition. It would explain the constant need to eat, cognitive issues, and short stature.)

This thread is tough because there is just nothing new. I've been following for almost the whole time, but there is such a lack of info and new news.

Usually with a case there is a general "feeling" among posters about what might have gone on, at least to some degree. I'm not really getting anything from this case.

There are really only a finite amount of things that could have happened.

1. The original facts are incorrect and one or both disappeared at some other point.
2. Diamond and King left the house together unharmed, then met with foul play and one or both are captive or deceased.
3. Diamond and King left the house together unharmed, and remain unharmed, but are being harbored by some unknown party, or are living together by themselves (unlikely by King's age and Diamond's cognitive age).
4. Diamond and King left the house together unharmed, got lost or separated, and are now captive/deceased from foul play or natural causes (exposure, hypo/er-thermia), and met these fates separately or together.
5. Diamond and King were kidnapped/harmed at the house and one or both are captive or deceased.
6. One or both have been found (alive or deceased) but not identified, such as if Diamond were in a hospital but not identified. (seems unlikely)

I saw via the face book flyer below, that the family believes they have gotten lost and cannot find their way back. If true, something had to happen to them when they were lost. If Diamond has something like Prader-Willi syndrome, I cannot imagine that someone did not report her wandering around, especially if King was still with her. The question would be where would they go, presumably to get food? I would put up flyers near where they think they would have gone (maybe a mcdonalds or someplace that a kid would want to go?), and ask people/employees who were there that day to say if they saw them? I am sure that has been done...

https://www.facebook.com/DiamondByn...0179693715335/930181200381851/?type=3&theater

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prader–Willi_syndrome (Link to info on Prader-Willi Syndrome, though I am not sure if that has been specified as Diamond's condition. It would explain the constant need to eat, cognitive issues, and short stature.)

What an insightful post! Thank you so much for this. This is exactly what this forum needs. People thinking and throwing things out there for us to ponder. I, too, hope that they are just lost. But you would think that they would have been spotted by now.

Keep up the good work sleuthers.

What an insightful post! Thank you so much for this. This is exactly what this forum needs. People thinking and throwing things out there for us to ponder. I, too, hope that they are just lost. But you would think that they would have been spotted by now.

Keep up the good work sleuthers.

I think the absolute best we can hope for at this point, is that something was going on that nobody knows about, or at least hasn't been made public... and some kind person(s) are harboring Diamond and King for their safety. Maybe one or both were abused by someone (not saying it was family, just anyone, a neighbor, whatever) and some person stepped in and said, "you guys come stay here where you're safe"... Of course they would be wrong to do so, since King is a minor and possibly someone has custodial care of Diamond, but that's about the best we can hope for. A well-intentioned gesture made by someone who didn't want to involve LE. I would bet the odds on that are pretty astronomical, but it's about the only logistical scenario where they could both be safe.

More than likely though, somehow they left the house and met foul play. I would assume it was soon after they left, by someone who lives very nearby (less than five blocks), and probably knows the family. I would bet Diamond was the target and King was collateral damage, or King was the target and Diamond was killed because she could have identified them. I would doubt they were targeted together.

However, have we heard from LE that they agree with the family's assessment that they probably left the house together?? I'd like to know what LE thinks.

I think the absolute best we can hope for at this point, is that something was going on that nobody knows about, or at least hasn't been made public... and some kind person(s) are harboring Diamond and King for their safety. Maybe one or both were abused by someone (not saying it was family, just anyone, a neighbor, whatever) and some person stepped in and said, "you guys come stay here where you're safe"... Of course they would be wrong to do so, since King is a minor and possibly someone has custodial care of Diamond, but that's about the best we can hope for. A well-intentioned gesture made by someone who didn't want to involve LE. I would bet the odds on that are pretty astronomical, but it's about the only logistical scenario where they could both be safe.

More than likely though, somehow they left the house and met foul play. I would assume it was soon after they left, by someone who lives very nearby (less than five blocks), and probably knows the family. I would bet Diamond was the target and King was collateral damage, or King was the target and Diamond was killed because she could have identified them. I would doubt they were targeted together.

However, have we heard from LE that they agree with the family's assessment that they probably left the house together?? I'd like to know what LE thinks.

The bolded (bbm) could be a possibility ... but while I could see someone not involving DCFS with Diamond due to her age, it would absolutely blow my mind if someone took King with the idea of protecting him and *didn't* contact DCFS. But at the same time, there are people with genuine distrust of DCFS who might want to avoid them altogether. And they may believe that an informal custody change isn't that big of a deal. Wouldn't King at some point need medical care? Vaccinations or WBVs? Informal custody isn't going to hack it at that point.

It's possible that Diamond and King left together (to go on a walk, ice cream truck, what have you) and had an accident of some kind. I remember driving through Gary as a kid, and it was a tough city even back then. Maybe King darted off or Diamond got lost trying to find him. *Someone should have stumbled across them, though! And even if they weren't aware that these two were missing, the pair themselves would have given off HUGE red flags.

I can see them having an accident of some kind -- being hit by a car (train? light rail? Do they have those in Gary?) without anyone knowing (or, in the car scenario, someone covering it up). Falling into a basement in an abandoned house. Getting stuck somewhere (again, maybe abandoned house). Meeting with foul play after leaving the house. Being lured for nefarious purposes after getting lost. I'm afraid the odds of a happy ending are low, but I keep Shawn Hornbeck in my mind and remember his miracle. Maybe there's another miracle for Diamond and King.

Just popping in. I have followed this case. I don't post because I don't have anything useful to add. I share the poster on My Facebook page and I pray for them. I think part of the problem is there really isn't any hinky circumstances available to lead from. I feel as though they wandered into a vacant house and encountered foul play.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Diamond and King are not forgotten. I wish I could offer more than prayers for a safe recovery and sharing on SM.

Who is Kings Mom and DAD?

This is exactly what I was thinking about earlier! I am not sure that has ever been made clear or even mentioned. From what I gather, Diamond's parents are the ones looking for them both. I guess maybe I need to go back and read from the beginning...

This is exactly what I was thinking about earlier! I am not sure that has ever been made clear or even mentioned. From what I gather, Diamond's parents are the ones looking for them both. I guess maybe I need to go back and read from the beginning...

Its very confusing!
Her FB says she graduated High School! How could someone with the mentality of a 7 yr old finish HS?

I think she watches this Little one And left with him.
I think some things are going unsaid here.

If she was out roaming the streets with a baby they would have been found,

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298
Back