In her shoes...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotcha...I guess as good a story as any. So Casey "borrowed" money? That's a new one.

She owed "something" to the bad guys. Maybe it was drugs, maybe it was a loan shark. Maybe she witnessed a mob hit? She swore she wouldn't tell, and to make sure that she kept her mouth shut, they took Caylee with a promise to give her back when the coast was clear.

This is also why Cindy said Casey would be called "Mother of the year" when it was all over- Casey kept mum to protect her daughter/family even though she was being crucified by the press and was a penal system martyr.

JoAnn_W
really not starting to believe Casey's lies, lol

...and she is now sitting in jail for well over a year for what reason?

She got herself in there by lying to the police to protect her daughter. She's not sitting there voluntarily. Her lies got her charged. Now she has to defend herself. She will be vindicated at trial and declared mother of the year.

JoAnn_W

She owed "something" to the bad guys. Maybe it was drugs, maybe it was a loan shark. Maybe she witnessed a mob hit? She swore she wouldn't tell, and to make sure that she kept her mouth shut, they took Caylee with a promise to give her back when the coast was clear.

This is also why Cindy said Casey would be called "Mother of the year" when it was all over- Casey kept mum to protect her daughter/family even though she was being crucified by the press and was a penal system martyr.

JoAnn_W

She will still call her MOTY when she is sitting on Death Row. That's how deep in denial they are.:innocent:

She will still call her MOTY when she is sitting on Death Row. That's how deep in denial they are.:innocent:

Having been in denial myself, I really don't fault them for it. I believe they (Cindy) will snap out of it, though. Just not sure when.

JoAnn_W

Comes back to the same problem she has with the Imaginanny, who is the drug dealer? Name? Associates? Last known address? Phone numbers?

Caylee is dead, there is no reason to protect these people.
The state is looking to kill Casey, she is not protecting them out of self preservation.

Imaginary Drug Dealers are not going to help her anymore than the Imaginary Nanny helped her avoid indictment.

That's why I think the Jesse-selling-Caylee-to-unknown buyers story works better. She only has to prove she associated with Jesse and made calls to him around the time Caylee went missing.

Since Jesse, not KC, knew the child-buyers, then she doesn't have to prove they exist...

That's why I think the Jesse-selling-Caylee-to-unknown buyers story works better. She only has to prove she associated with Jesse and made calls to him around the time Caylee went missing.

Since Jesse, not KC, knew the child-buyers, then she doesn't have to prove they exist...

But why didn't she report him-- or Caylee missing?

JoAnn_W

JoAnn_W

So she stole AH's checkbook to pay off the loan shark and decided she really needed those sexy white sunglasses instead?

Having been in denial myself, I really don't fault them for it. I believe they (Cindy) will snap out of it, though. Just not sure when.

JoAnn_W

I don't fault them being in denial. But I have a MAJOR problem with their lies and tampering with evidence. As many on here know, this case has made me a staunch believer in the DP. When I joined this forum I was dead set against it. I lost a brother and a SIL to a brutal murder in 2008. Even then I didn't believe in the DP and we went to the DA and begged him not to seek it. But this case has made me do a total 360. They have lied and connived to cover up what she has done and I feel NO sympathy for them at all. In the beginning? Yes I did. But not Now!

So she stole AH's checkbook to pay off the loan shark and decided she really needed those sexy white sunglasses instead?

Nah. But petty theft is just one of her habits and can't get her the death penalty.

Actually- what she was doing was practicng her latest scam. If it worked well, she could have gotten the 25 grand she needed and Caylee would be safe today.

JoAnn_W

I don't fault them being in denial. But I have a MAJOR problem with their lies and tampering with evidence. As many on here know, this case has made me a staunch believer in the DP. When I joined this forum I was dead set against it. I lost a brother and a SIL to a brutal murder in 2008. Even then I didn't believe in the DP and we went to the DA and begged him not to seek it. But this case has made me do a total 360. They have lied and connived to cover up what she has done and I feel NO sympathy for them at all. In the beginning? Yes I did. But not Now!

Well, they all have a nasty habit of believing the end justifies the means. Casey would lie and steal- Cindy will tamper and lie.

JoAnn_W

Oh, that is the beauty of drug dealers/mafia people. They have fake names and addresses and no one knows nothing . She met her dealer at Bar X.

She knew if she coughed them up that her daughter, parents and brother and grandparents would all be killed.

Also, she used the "nanny" excuse for her overbearing mother. She admits to lying, not being a good liar. She tried the nanny story with the detectives, but it all fell apart because she was just a scared mommy junkie afraid to give up the dealer because when she was arrested she thought Caylee was still alive.

She's kept mum about this to everyone but Baez. The prosecution is spending all their time and resources on ripping apart the nanny story- only to be shocked when Baez team readily admit she lied about the nanny.

How am I doing walking in her criminal mind shoes?

JoAnn_W

This might make a nice One Street Hill episode for KC but it doesn't really jive with real life. First of all, nobody thought she was a junkie - even the people she was around 24/7. All they noticed was a slight spike in smoking weed and maybe a few pills. If she was into anyone for serious money - drug dealers don't bother kidnapping a child, they just off the person who owes them. She couldn't have owed anyone that much unless she was a huge traficker, and even so, they would not have gone after her family - she's not a middle-management member of some cartel despite her delusions of grandeur. Not to mention that anyone who had been around KC for five minutes would know she could freaking care less if any of her family disappeared (with the possible exception of her brother it would be completely in her self interest to have them dead or gone). And I'd think she would have been flush enough while her new career was "picking up" to not have to constantly steal from family and friends like the silly little moocher she was.

And dragging Jesse into some little suburban white-bread drug fantasy would be truly idiotic, even for JB. I think the prosecution could make short work of any attempt to pin this on a life of crime.

And even if they couldn't, all it would do is help prove felony manslaughter rather than premeditated murder. The sentence is the same - the difference is absolutely moot for all intents and purposes.

Nah. But petty theft is just one of her habits and can't get her the death penalty.

Actually- what she was doing was practicng her latest scam. If it worked well, she could have gotten the 25 grand she needed and Caylee would be safe today.

JoAnn_W

BBM
Wanna buy a bridge.............;)

BBM
Wanna buy a bridge.............;)

Now why would I wanna buy your bridge when I got my own to sell, LOL.
I'll tell you what- I'll buy yours if you buy mine. You go first. Trust me- I'm a doctor :)

JoAnn_W

Now why would I wanna buy your bridge when I got my own to sell, LOL.
I'll tell you what- I'll buy yours if you buy mine. You go first. Trust me- I'm a doctor :)

JoAnn_W
I think I'll pass. ;):woohoo:

This might make a nice One Street Hill episode for KC but it doesn't really jive with real life. First of all, nobody thought she was a junkie - even the people she was around 24/7. All they noticed was a slight spike in smoking weed and maybe a few pills. If she was into anyone for serious money - drug dealers don't bother kidnapping a child, they just off the person who owes them. She couldn't have owed anyone that much unless she was a huge traficker, and even so, they would not have gone after her family - she's not a middle-management member of some cartel despite her delusions of grandeur. Not to mention that anyone who had been around KC for five minutes would know she could freaking care less if any of her family disappeared (with the possible exception of her brother it would be completely in her self interest to have them dead or gone). And I'd think she would have been flush enough while her new career was "picking up" to not have to constantly steal from family and friends like the silly little moocher she was.

And dragging Jesse into some little suburban white-bread drug fantasy would be truly idiotic, even for JB. I think the prosecution could make short work of any attempt to pin this on a life of crime.

And even if they couldn't, all it would do is help prove felony manslaughter rather than premeditated murder. The sentence is the same - the difference is absolutely moot for all intents and purposes.

Bolded by me. Actually, drug dealers do not have a uniform code. On the other hand, taking kids for a bad dope deal is not uncommon.

JoAnn_W

As long as we are playing this game, let's assume the babysitter/Zanny story is true.
If I had a nanny whom I trusted, and I went one day to pick up my daughter and she was not there, and the nanny's cell was "no longer in service" I would not assume my daughter had been kidnapped. I would start calling hospitals and the police to see if there had been an accident. I would think something had happened to both of them, not that my fabulous, nanny had stolen my baby.

Exactly, I think KC had a chance to think this through while in jail the first go round, that is why her story changed to her family that Zani actually threw her down in Blanchard Park and stole Caylee....but by that time, it was too late to use that one with the police because she had lawyered up....Jose would not let KC put that theory out there because he too sees it as a better scenario to defend his client. IMO

Replying to myself. Here's a link talking about the massive problem of kidnappings mixed with drug dealers:
http://newsmax.com/Newsfront/phoenix-drug-kidnappings/2009/02/17/id/328325

JoAnn_W

Mexican cartels in the border states do pose a problem. FL's drug trade is not yet dominated by them although they are making inroads there over the South Americans - primarily the Colombians who have dominated for the last several decades. But I still say she doesn't show any of the red flags necessary to bring the drug card into it. But even if she did, I doubt a jury is going to think that a risky, illegal lifestyle is a mitigating factor in putting your child in danger and then failing to report a "crime" when it happens.

Neither she or her family showed the slightest bit of concern for their well-being during the time she was on bail, with the exception being worried about the protestors outside the house. Their primary objective, it would seem, was to find anyone else to throw under the bus.

Personally, I think a jury will feel that any spoiled, irresponsible single mother who would allow a baby to be in enough danger to be kidnapped and then steals money from friends to party for a month after the child is supposedly taken, instead of even attempting to look for her or report her missing, then ultimately acts angry that she's inconvenienced by being arrested (not to mention obstructs the investigation by lying and refusing to cooperate), would deserve the same kind of conviction as murder. If that would be the defense's best shot, they might as well say KC accidentally killed her and put duct tape on her mouth. The subsequent lying, partying and stealing is what will do her in, regardless of how it happened, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela