Found Deceased IN - Jacqueline Watts, 33, Columbus, 3 March 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She walked through water. Dogs can smell a cadaver, not someone who was made to walk through water.

A hunter would know this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dogs would track to waters edge though... correct? Tracking dogs follow scent of any person not just a cadaver.

Thank you for this & the article. I sadly suspect this is close to what happened. A hazard in the river is getting a foot or arm trapped in a submerged tree or rock and not being able to free it in time. The rivers are muddy enough that a body may not be seen until it washes up.

MOO and I am still wondering how she could have gotten in the position to slip or fall in. I don't know that an autopsy, if it reveals drowning as a COD, will bring any resolution absent an additional obvious injury (like a gunshot wound).

Also, doesn't explain why dogs weren't able to track her from her car.

Dogs would track to waters edge though... correct? Tracking dogs follow scent of any person not just a cadaver.

Yes but that was not the question I was answering.

Definitely does not make sense unless a witness or neighbor's security cameras caught her running after a dog. I'm sure Jackie would absolutely try to save an animal in need; that doesn't mean that's what happened though. Right now that's as speculative as the other theories we have floated.

The neighbor (if in fact it is a true account) may have heard what the detectives 'think' happened but again, no witnesses or evidence to confirm at this point.

All IMO MOO ILY

And of course just because someone has security cameras doesn't mean it caught anything...

Security cameras:

sim card

Angle of camera

Number of cameras

Offline or online

Etc.

We have two: one faces down driveway but too far away to see street and the other faces down to the front door and only catches small amount of street (upper right corner).,

The dogs would have led LE (under the right conditions... such as wind, etc) to her point of entry at the river.

And the police would have immediately called out their water rescue team. They wouldn't have said, "Oh crap. Looks like she fell in. Let's all go home and get some sleep now and we'll look again tomorrow morning."

Yes but that was not the question I was answering.

Understand now what you were referring to. It did open up the question though why dogs could not track her to waters edge.

How do we know she was found on that big sandbar below the weir?

In the pic, I see sandbars behind the houses too, close to directly west of her car.

Exactly, granny.

I have two German Shepherds...If I go outside I can walk to my sons down the road or through my yard and across a road to a store near me. If my husband would let the one shepherd out. She will find me...even though she has not seen where I went. She will be sitting outside store scaring customers if I am there or scratching the door at my sons. They are very intelligent and my dog has not been trained to search.

My son has boxers...I think the boxers might of found her if she was that close to house. But they do not have the ability a shepherd does.

Ftr, IF this determined to be foul play, now would be a good time for copycats and red herrings, meaning someone might want to make it look like it could be connected to A and L.

I'm thinking they're going to rule this is an accident, inconclusive, idk...

I thought she was found on the sandbar near the river?

Can anybody link an article thst states she was found in the water?

The question is, was the river high and the current strong that day? Anyone know? Elias Rodriguez was found recently, about 17 miles down the river from where he likely went in. http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-missing-boy-accidental-drowning-20170228-story.html

If someone is fighting to stay afloat and is carried downstream until they're knocked out, couldn't they be carried far? I'm sure that the type of waterway it is also makes a difference.

How far in miles was she found from her car?

It will be interesting to see what the autopsy says.

Hi gitana :wave:

She was found half a mile from her car, post is somewhere upstream... (also, this is the same distance A and L were found from the bridge).

On the evening that Jackie's car was located, police brought out tracking dogs. The dogs couldn't find Jackie. If Jackie had run directly to the river and accidentally fell into it, the dogs would have led police to the river. The police would have immediately brought out boats to search for her. The police didn't bring out boats, so the dogs obviously didn't follow her scent to the river. (I know that police k9s can be wrong sometimes.) This makes me believe she was abducted in a vehicle and driven to Noblitt Park.

If my daughter was found deceased near a river, I'd cling to the idea, for as long as possible, that she accidentally fell in, bumped her head, became unconscious, and died without suffering.
SABBM

Did she have enemies ?

If she drown she would have water from the river in her lungs....so yes.

(Which might not necessarily rule out foul play even then.)

I thought she was found on the sandbar near the river?

Can anybody link an article thst states she was found in the water?

Yes, LE has stated that she was found by a search team on a sandbar.

I can't load my screen shot I took of the river. It is barely moving to the extent that the surface is glass.

http://wishtv.com/2017/03/04/neighbors-speak-out-after-missing-columbus-woman-found-dead/

Other than temperature, this river is not a threat. You could barely go tubing in water that is barely moving like this... you can clearly see a sand bar in the middle, so it is low and more like a brook.

"So where the trees are deep down, it’s all river when it’s high in I’ll be right there,” said Sutton.

Neighbors also told 24-Hour News 8 that the park and trails near the shore are near an area you wouldn’t want to be in late at night.

“The park is very secluded. It’s very dark. There are no houses close by,” said Cornn.

“It does take a toll, the number of officers that were out all night working,” said Columbus police Lt. Matt Harris.

“Our goal is supporting the family and making sure that we’re doing everything right, and with an investigation of this of course you have to get it right the first time, and we have a number of seasoned investigators that are working on the case right now. Like I said, we have to go out and do our job; that’s what we get paid to do,” Harris continued."

How do we know she was found on that big sandbar below the weir?

In the pic, I see sandbars behind the houses too, close to directly west of her car.

Exactly, granny.

That area is where we know there is a definite sandbar in the river because it can be seen by satellite Photos showed the police had blocking off the road near that point.

Here is the map I made. Is this one you are referring to? Parents exact address is purposely omitted at this time.

attachment.php

I don't see where her parents are located? Is it just a "few feet" from where her body was discovered?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stewsj
Back