Found Deceased IN - Jacqueline Watts, 33, Columbus, 3 March 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Neighbors speak out after missing Columbus woman found dead and nobody mentions that she was chasing a stray dog.

http://wishtv.com/2017/03/04/neighbors-speak-out-after-missing-columbus-woman-found-dead/

She was not chasing a dog....police are asking that this chasing dog theory stop being posted on social media...

I read it on Heavy.com dog theory a no go there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RSBM

Good find.
I was under the assumption that the animals HAD been dropped off.

Sooo... Where are the dogs now ? Both safe ? I'd imagine the rabbit was still in it's pet taxi or cage in the car.

If one of the dogs jumped out of the car-- did the other one follow ?
And no-- the dog didn't open the passenger door --so someone else did.

(Back in the olden days-- some car doors opened from the inside by pushing down on the handle, but imo most door handles have to be pulled out on the inside -- and are usually recessed into the car door, facing sideways)

Were the dogs wet/muddy when found ---- as in splashed and grubby ?

Jackie's SIL's Facebook post states that Jackie did drop off the animals. Her post was published in a news article and it's posted on this thread.

What if it really is tied in with Delphi? What if there really is a creep trolling thru wooded trails by creeks and has been doing this for awhile?

Dogs and bunny are safe at in laws.

THEY WERE DROPPED OFF

Dogs did not open car door
Dogs did not run away
Bunny did not open car door
Bunny did not run away

http://wishtv.com/2017/03/04/neighbors-speak-out-after-missing-columbus-woman-found-dead/

Searching all night (helicopters and canine) and she was found on a sandbar? I don't know...I have a vivid imagination and just wonder if someone placed her there after all the searching had ended. I know that is a crazy but how is she overlooked with all that attention the night before?

MOO

RSBM

If she had a medical emergency and fell in the water face down and drowned ... she would not have been found out of the water on a sand bar.
Even with floating --- I doubt it's possible.

At least if harm was done; there should be evidence preserved.

It'd be the craziest thing ever if BG did this-- as she was driving and not out for a stroll.

Just smells like an ambush of some sort, to me.
Like a policeman 'impersonator' ?

Or someone pretending to have car trouble ?

Any of these homes by this river have sec. cams ?
MOO

Neighbors speak out after missing Columbus woman found dead and nobody mentions that she was chasing a stray dog.

thanks for that. the river is flowing pretty good in that video

Well, maybe not BG but hasn't there been 4 or so women missing in the general area whose cars were found with purses and cell phones in them on the side of the road but with a flat?

It would be so crazy for that to happen so close to her home though..

If my DH was the coroner, you can bet your bottom dollar I would have made him go in for this autopsy. Maybe he/she is out of town this weekend?

The parishes in and around New Orleans do autopsies 24 hours a day. Of course, much larger area apparently..

lol me too. I must watch too much tv and read too many books, but I thought the ME almost always shows up at the crime scene immediately.

How Cold is the water there at now? And is it deeper in spots upstream? And could the water have carried her? I really wonder about that.
I have chased stray dogs in some dangerous places and taking some risks, even on a highway. But, if I could not catch the dogs in a certain distance, I don't know 25 yards 50 yards, on a busy road in the woods I personally would know when to stop trying to get the dog. I believe all of my friends in dog rescue would say the same. Now, for one of my own dogs I would take a much bigger risk. But, if a dog you are trying to get so that you can help it doesn't come to you when you kneel down and hold your hand out chances are you're not going to get it by chasing it. The more you chase it the more and faster is going to run and you do not want it to run into the road.

I always have extra leashes and treats in my car and that is the way to get a dog to come to you, not by running after it. And, I bet she would know that. I would not be surprised if she kept treats and extra leashes in her car.

This could be why the passenger door was open. She just dropped off her dogs, im sure she had a leash or treats. Also come to think of it One time when my dog took off, I drove around the neighborhood looking and when I spotted him leaned over opened door and called him. He came over and hopped in.

Looking at the maps it looks like a good distance to run and into the woods not the road.

She was not chasing a dog....police are asking that this chasing dog theory stop being posted on social media...

I read it on Heavy.com dog theory a no go there.

They are not asking specifically that that theory stop being posted. They are asking that all speculation stop, which from my observation is mostly involving a serial killer on the loose, but may also include the theory of dog rescue.

https://www.heavy.com/news/2017/03/...-liberty-german-abigail-williams-suspect/amp/

“There are false reports circulating on social media that officers have located an injured person in the woods. This is not true. Our officers are continuing to search the area for Mrs. Watts,” police wrote on Facebook before they announced they had found Watts’ body.

Police later posted, “Our detectives are continuing their investigation into death of Jacqueline Watts at this hour. We continue to see posts on social media speculating on specifics of the case. We ask that the public be mindful of the comments they make online. We appreciate the concern and support from the community and will release accurate updates as the investigation progresses.”

Police did not mention the Liberty German and Abigail Williams deaths, which remain unsolved,*but the UK Daily Mail says, “the press officer referenced a false rumor about a bloodied woman walking out of the woods. This also may have been in reference to rumors surrounding the two teens who were found murdered along Deer Creek in Delphi, which is about an hour north of Indianapolis.”

One woman claimed*on social media that Watts fell into the river while trying to chase down a stray dog, as she was involved in animal rescue efforts, and that the death is thus an accident, but that account is not confirmed."

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

On the evening that Jackie's car was located, police brought out tracking dogs. The dogs couldn't find Jackie. If Jackie had run directly to the river and accidentally fell into it, the dogs would have led police to the river. The police would have immediately brought out boats to search for her. The police didn't bring out boats, so the dogs obviously didn't follow her scent to the river. (I know that police k9s can be wrong sometimes.) This makes me believe she was abducted in a vehicle and driven to Noblitt Park.

If my daughter was found deceased near a river, I'd cling to the idea, for as long as possible, that she accidentally fell in, bumped her head, became unconscious, and died without suffering.

Dang, I can't find Jacob's two pics from this morning where she was found...

Thank to everyone here for the positive feedback and continued discussion on this. Reading through the discussion since my last post there are a few comments that stuck out to me that I would like to comment on. Again, the below is expressly my opinion and not to be taken as fact.

If she used to live in the exact area her car was found, maybe she knows the current owners and had some reason to stop by? To the person who mentioned all of the routes she could have taken back home -- was this one "out of the way?"

The location of her body, her parents house, and where her car was found are all along each of the four paths previously mentioned and are plausible and consistent with a path she would have taken back home.

She did not live in Columbus. How would she know the dog was a stray? Maybe the dogs owner lived in that neighborhood.

She did not live in Columbus at the time of the incident but she spent the first 18 or so years of her life living there, continuing to visit throughout college and much of her adult life. (Visiting friends, relatives, etc.) It is not that far of a stretch to think she might have intimately known the people, pets, and landscape of the area. Although it is unclear how long her parents have lived at the current location, which could alter speculation.

Seems if she would have had time to get to Indy but hadn't, her car would have been in the road for 30 minutes to an hour or better - depending on how far it is from Columbus to Indianapolis (I really don't know, sorry).

On average it takes approximately 45 minutes to reach Indianapolis from Columbus via I-65. A little longer if traveling exclusively on US-31. However, at 5 PM EST on a Friday, I could see how the rush hour traffic could increase those estimates to 1 hour or even 1.5 hours.

Does anyone know what type of car she was driving? Did her car doors lock automatically when she started to drive?

Based on a screen capture I was able to grab from a local news story who ran a segment of the car being towed away, it appears to me as if she was driving a white 2010-2012 BMW 3 series 328i Sports Wagon. Again, this is just speculation and it is unclear whether or not her car doors locked automatically.

Hypothetically brainstorming, can one reach this area on foot through the woods or via creek / trail / rr track directly from the Delphi location?

If a person were dedicated enough, he or she could reach just about any point in Indiana on foot via railroad and/or highway. However, it is unlikely in this case whereas Delphi is approximately 125 miles away from Columbus.

"A frequently asked question is, "When a person drowns, where may you expect to find the body and if it later comes to the surface, where may you expect to find it?" When a drowning occurs in a river, the most common mistake is to search for the body too far downstream. Sinking takes place immediately, which results in the victim reaching the bottom close to the point he was last seen on the surface. When the body begins to rise, it will appear on the surface not far from where it disappeared.

If drowning takes place when a river is swollen, the supposition is that the rapid current will carry a body along before it strikes the bottom or encounters an obstruction. The fact is that the current on the surface is entirely different from the current on the bottom. While the speed on the surface may be 10 knots, current speed will decrease with depth. There is virtually no current on the bottom..."

We are a house of biology majors.... so geek out...

http://www.operationtakemehome.org/sar/Fire and Rescue Personnel/Biology of drowning.pdf

"It is rare that a victim is found downstream more than a few hundred yards from where it disappeared, and more often than not the body is recovered in close proximity to where it disappeared. It is true that when the body begins to rise to the surface after several days it may drift a considerable distance from the site of death."

MOO: She didn't drown

The question is, was the river high and the current strong that day? Anyone know? Elias Rodriguez was found recently, about 17 miles down the river from where he likely went in. http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-missing-boy-accidental-drowning-20170228-story.html

If someone is fighting to stay afloat and is carried downstream until they're knocked out, couldn't they be carried far? I'm sure that the type of waterway it is also makes a difference.

How far in miles was she found from her car?

IF she did drown, would LE be able to tell right away?

It will be interesting to see what the autopsy says.

OMG! Heavy took Daily fail quotes who took quotes from a wiki some guy on favebook was trolling that he made.

Neither of those sources is reliable

On the evening that Jackie's car was located, police brought out tracking dogs. The dogs couldn't find Jackie. If Jackie had run directly to the river and accidentally fell into it, the dogs would have led police to the river. The police would have immediately brought out boats to search downstream for her. The police didn't bring out boats, so the dogs obviously didn't follow her scent to the river. (I know that police k9s can be wrong sometimes.) This makes me believe she was abducted in a vehicle and driven to Noblitt Park.

If my daughter was found deceased near a river, I'd cling to the idea, for as long as possible, that she accidentally fell in, bumped her head, became unconscious, and died without suffering.

This does support the idea that her car was moved and left there by someone else.

I wonder if she stopped to use the bathroom (are there bathrooms at the walking trails in the park?).

If she was abducted it was either by someone who knew her and planned it out (and therefore knew where she would be at the time) or an opportunistic crime, like being grabbed as she exited her car or a bathroom or being lured by a fake disabled vehicle. JMO

They are not asking specifically that that theory stop being posted. They are asking that all speculation stop, which from my observation is mostly involving a serial killer on the loose, but may also include the theory of dog rescue.

https://www.heavy.com/news/2017/03/...-liberty-german-abigail-williams-suspect/amp/

“There are false reports circulating on social media that officers have located an injured person in the woods. This is not true. Our officers are continuing to search the area for Mrs. Watts,” police wrote on Facebook before they announced they had found Watts’ body.

Police later posted, “Our detectives are continuing their investigation into death of Jacqueline Watts at this hour. We continue to see posts on social media speculating on specifics of the case. We ask that the public be mindful of the comments they make online. We appreciate the concern and support from the community and will release accurate updates as the investigation progresses.”

Police did not mention the Liberty German and Abigail Williams deaths, which remain unsolved,*but the UK Daily Mail says, “the press officer referenced a false rumor about a bloodied woman walking out of the woods. This also may have been in reference to rumors surrounding the two teens who were found murdered along Deer Creek in Delphi, which is about an hour north of Indianapolis.”

One woman claimed*on social media that Watts fell into the river while trying to chase down a stray dog, as she was involved in animal rescue efforts, and that the death is thus an accident, but that account is not confirmed."

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

One woman claimed is highlighted...it is a false report. This rumor was started on social media...

Even the neighbors when they were interviewed did not mention anything about chasing a dog...

Family friends of ours lost their son to drowning during a heavy storm. He was witnessed by his siblings to be alive when he was washed away and then was later found drowned a few miles away.

So, yes, people can be swept away alive and then drown farther away.

But seeing the pics of the river today in the exact spot where she was found... no current at all. Poster also reported the same yesterday. .6 inches of rain last week.

Ask yourself why the police K9s were unable to track Jackie to the sandbar if she had walked to the sandbar.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back