IN - James Chadwell II, 42, arrested after girl 9, found in his home, Lafayette, 19 Apr 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On Monday, prosecutors charged JC with attempted murder, along with charges of child molesting, attempted child molesting, battery resulting in serious bodily injury and strangulation.

Prosecutors filed a sentence-enhancing charge of the suspect being a habitual offender, which could add up to 20 years to his sentence if he’s convicted.

During his hearing on Monday, he asked who he could speak to about a mental evaluation.

The only mental problem he has IMO is that he's crazy enough to think he'd get away with this.

Next door neighbor locks 9-year-old girl in basement, cops interrupt rape & MURDER in progress: Police

oh god I'm gonna be sick

THANK YOU LE!!!

Definitely KUDOS to that police department and specific officers who a) took the situation as urgent and acted accordingly; b) had unbelievable instincts and felt comfortable following them (good leadership); and c) SAVED THE DAY!!!!! I know that precious little girl will have a lot of healing to do, but she has her life. <3

[QUOTE="FBEye, post: 16776836, member: 92699"
This poor little angel, her family, the neighborhood, this city, etc. will never be the same.
[/QUOTE]
snipped

Thank you for remembering the neighborhood in your thoughts. It is very true the neighbors will never be the same. Years and years ago a little girl was abducted from a store and murdered in the neighborhood where I lived at the time. It tore the neighborhood up with worry when she was missing and with grief when she was found. All these years later, my husband and I remember her in sadness on occasion. It's a disturbing memory every time.

There is never just "the victim" but many victims in a crime.

But, even with painful memories, all the victims will likely recover with time and move on with their lives, perhaps more compassionate and careful....while he rots in jail for the rest of his days, unfit to be among us.

jmo

I was reading articles last night and sometimes the DNA database is not 100%- e.g.
Tennessee has failed to collect DNA from 76,000 violent ...
https://www.timesfreepress.com › apr › violent-offenders

Apr 17, 2021 — More than 76,000 DNA samples from convicted felons dating back to 1998 are missing from a state DNA database, according to Tennessee .

Of course we are not talking about TN, but I am just saying that some data might be missing. There is another article I read, but of course cannot find again, in which a felon escaped re-arrest for about 10 years by "dodging" his DNA test. [found it! 'A big problem': How a killer eluded capture by dodging DNA collection]

I also read about CODIS on the FBI webpage:
CODIS and NDIS Fact Sheet — FBI
It has very specific lab procedures, so the logistics of getting all arrestees or all convicts tested and doing all the record keeping is an undertaking.

It is definitely a possibility! Laws are only as good as their enforcement. Another thought is his 2016 IN conviction was “only” for felon in possession (I believe) so they may not have prioritized his DNA compared to a violent felony. I would hope by 2021 they’d have processed 2016 DNA required by law to be collected but based on the backlogs elsewhere you really never know.

It will be an absolute scandal if this guy wasn’t caught immediately because of administrative error :eek:

I do wonder how long he has been raping children..? this seems to be very much wrapped up in his sadistic tendencies..immediately beating the child so she will cry, suffer and show fear...immediately choking her to unconsciousness, immediately attempting to rape her.

so he is getting off on this and trying to kill this child in the midst of a full court press outside his home. closes the door on the officers and resumes his activities of torture and
sexual assault on an unconscious child? ..

this is the brazen , sadistic killer we are looking for...

would he have come outside after killing her to help the police look for her?

what would he have done with her body once the search died down? would have found this child out by a nature preserve?

the violence done to this child tells me all I need to know..this man is a total freak and I hope he fries.

mOO

I do wonder how long he has been raping children..? this seems to be very much wrapped up in his sadistic tendencies..immediately beating the child so she will cry, suffer and show fear...immediately choking her to unconsciousness, immediately attempting to rape her.

so he is getting off on this and trying to kill this child in the midst of a full court press outside his home. closes the door on the officers and resumes his activities of torture and
sexual assault on an unconscious child? ..

this is the brazen , sadistic killer we are looking for...

would he have come outside after killing her to help the police look for her?

what would he have done with her body once the search died down? would have found this child out by a nature preserve?

the violence done to this child tells me all I need to know..this man is a total freak and I hope he fries.

mOO
It does not bear thinking about.

It is definitely a possibility! Laws are only as good as their enforcement. Another thought is his 2016 IN conviction was “only” for felon in possession (I believe) so they may not have prioritized his DNA compared to a violent felony. I would hope by 2021 they’d have processed 2016 DNA required by law to be collected but based on the backlogs elsewhere you really never know.

It will be an absolute scandal if this guy wasn’t caught immediately because of administrative error :eek:

If you recall, he had a felony first in SD- 2000(?)- but that was early for DNA tech, so maybe he would have been entered in the system then? ... or maybe not...

I found this interesting...not sure if it's just me.
Looking at certain photos of JC, and in particular the one showing him on a large rock with an orange sweatshirt, he looks to have sloping shoulders. These are also referred to as "triangular."
Only 14 percent of the male population has this shape. Reminds me of someone else.

I have looked into it, because one of the tings that stands out to me on a personal level is the way a person carries themselves, and also a man's shoulders. One of my weird quirks.

JMO MOO AMOO
EBM to correct something

According to medical records and observations from officers described in the affidavit, this poor little girl had strangulation marks on her neck, broken blood vessels with black eyes, bruising and bite marks.

What happened to her is truly shocking, but it's an absolute miracle that she was saved in the nick of time.

According to the affidavit, he has several previous felony convictions in Indiana and South Dakota.

https://www.wrtv.com/news/local-news/crime/court-docs-missing-girl-told-police-man-tried-to-kill-her

According to medical records and observations from officers described in the affidavit, this poor little girl had strangulation marks on her neck, broken blood vessels with black eyes, bruising and bite marks.

What happened to her is truly shocking, but it's an absolute miracle that she was saved in the nick of time.

According to the affidavit, he has several previous felony convictions in Indiana and South Dakota.

https://www.wrtv.com/news/local-news/crime/court-docs-missing-girl-told-police-man-tried-to-kill-her
What is wrong with Indiana courts.
Why does he even have bail?

He is so obsessed with love, that it wouldn't surprise me if he did kill the day after valentine's. It seems that A LOT of woman leave him, and rightfully so! I am wondering if maybe someone let him down, and he took it out on those poor girls the next day. Also, when did his mom/grandma die?

Last edited:
He is so obsessed with love, that it wouldn't surprise me if he did kill the day after valentine's. It seems that A LOT of woman leave him, and rightfully so! I am wondering if maybe someone let him down, and he took it out on those poor girls the next day. Also, when did his mom/grandma die?
That’s a great point about Valentines Day. He does seem to have a very immature, needy, and desperate longing for love.

omg
what a miracle this little sweetheart is still here.
Haven't read up the details on this case yet.

I'm just so relieved that she got found.
The horror of what she has been through is going to leave an unfortunate blur to her soul.
I hope she grows and thrives, feeling the love and gratitude the world has for her survival.
Wishing her a speedy recovery from her ordeal. xx

Would they check DNA of non-sex offenders? His convictions were for crimes other than sex offenses.
I think in CODIS they automatically check ALL of the prisoner's DNA, no matter the crime.

I have heard of cases here, and on ID channel, where they got a CODIS hit on a killer's DNA---and the previous charges were for drug sales or burglary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexisboyd