IN - James Chadwell II, 42, arrested after missing girl 9, found in his home, Lafayette, 19 Apr 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was only able to watch that tik tok that was posted individually. That one opened and played. Again... he mentions something about rape date. Then says the scar didn't come from cutting himself shaving. THEN spins it like he was the hero. I think whatever date that happened, rapes need to be looked at. This guy likes to show his evil and enjoys that no one puts it together.

My opinion, by the way. But it seems clear, to me.

THIS

Observations of the arrested suspect in the Lafayette case may be discussed. However, specific reference to another case is not permitted unless LE or media make that connection.

Bringing this reminder forward.
Please do not reference another case that you may think bears resemblance to this suspect UNLESS/UNTIL LE indicates there may be a connection.

To repeat:
Please do not reference another case that you may think bears resemblance to this suspect UNLESS/UNTIL LE indicates there may be a connection.

While we are all hopeful that this may help answer questions in other high-profile cases involving young girls, we cannot allow speculation on this thread to connect crimes. Experience tells us it will take on a life of it’s own, which is especially hard to clean-up if we learn there is no connection.

Be careful also of sleuthing family members of ANY victims in any cases. That is a violation of Websleuths TOS unless those family members have officially been named suspects.

Because this is a fast-breaking case, and there is much interest in
posting here about it, many members have been missing these warnings. We will be posting them regularly to make sure all remember the intentionally higher standards here at Websleuths. If we change the guidelines for discussion on this thread, you will be the first to know.

Faithfully,
CocoChanel
PS - you MAY talk about these things in PMs, and up to 20 members can be a part of a single PM. However, you may NOT solicit a PM in a public post, or discuss PMs on the thread.

Mod Note

Good Morning great fellow sleuths!
As we start the day, it is important that we bring forward the rules as a fresh reminder. Posts that have been and will continue to be removed from the thread include:
-Social Media Screenshots
-Sleuthing Friends and Family
-Direct accusation and connection to other cases

While the suspect in this case has led to many of us scratching our head, we still need to keep conversation within the TOS and Rules. The last thing we want is for the thread to get shut down or to issue individual thread bans in an effort to protect the quality standards here at WS.

Thanks,
Tiff

Bringing forward the links and note provided by @Sillybilly yesterday:

As per TOS / The Rules, Etiquette & Information, we require links to ALL images and to information that is being stated as fact.

Please read the Social Media Rules found here and post accordingly or your post may be removed, along with all responses.

We do not have time to be constantly posting to remind members what they can and can not do. Everyone is responsible for knowing those rules and following them.

If you do not understand the rules, please private message a Mod or Admin and we will help clarify.

Sorry to sound short but dang, we are exceptionally busy here behind the curtain.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
he was going to murder
Right. That made no sense. Talks about "rape date" and then spins it. Everything with this guy is the opposite. Leave the little people alone? Then he brutally and savagely assaults a nine year old.

What you got a cut on your nose from saving someone?

Nothing is this creeps fault. Blame shifts. Not the brightest bulb either. I don't think he is "crazy". He's a con. Predator full of BS.

He was going to murder that little girl.

he was going to kill her and then pretend to help look for her. mOO

Great sleuthing team! This guys history needs to be thoroughly examined. One doesn't suddenly become a pedophile at age 40. Though meth users do some pretty crazy stuff. Does he have any history of drug use? Has anyone put together a timeline of where he's been over the past 20+ years? I know he spent some of that time in prison.

Great sleuthing team! This guys history needs to be thoroughly examined. One doesn't suddenly become a pedophile at age 40. Though meth users do some pretty crazy stuff. Does he have any history of drug use? Has anyone put together a timeline of where he's been over the past 20+ years? I know he spent some of that time in prison.

One of the court documents, I think from 2009(?), mentioned that he was treated for substance abuse while in prison.

I was only able to watch that tik tok that was posted individually. That one opened and played. Again... he mentions something about rape date. Then says the scar didn't come from cutting himself shaving. THEN spins it like he was the hero. I think whatever date that happened, rapes need to be looked at. This guy likes to show his evil and enjoys that no one puts it together.

My opinion, by the way. But it seems clear, to me.
And iirc wasn't he talking to children?
I was so creeped out by that. It made me think that he was trying to instill fear.
Honestly, I thought that he was talking to the person (child) he had raped, who had cut his nose. Maybe I should watch it again? Or did others get the same message?
moo

On his FB page he posts about getting his dogs back and how happy he was about it. He doesn’t say why he was separated from them. I wonder could one or more of his dogs bit someone or been accused of biting someone? And then his dogs were taken away while the situation was investigated?

Fast forward, he gets his dogs back. The poor little girl he assaulted, perhaps she was playing with or petting his dogs and one of them bit or attacked her. In a panic, he grabs her and takes her inside or maybe she already in his house. He knows he can’t let anyone find out that one of his dogs bit/attacked her. His dogs will go away for good. Would he be willing to kill a human to keep his dogs?

Not sure how he gets from there to sexual assault, but just thinking maybe this is what started the whole thing. Maybe not a premeditated plan to assault and kill.

Don’t get me wrong, his actions are awful and inexcusable! Just trying to think what may have kicked off this chain of events.

Quick action saved this girl.
Mom in panic right on time and LPD immediate response.
This is the second time I have followed a case in Lafayette. Both times, the Lafayette police have been so on it. (Ryan Martin)

No "going through the motions," or being subtlety suspicious and derisive of the person calling them.
This girl was saved when so many are not. Good Job!
Many payers to the family and for her.

On his FB page he posts about getting his dogs back and how happy he was about it. He doesn’t say why he was separated from them. I wonder could one or more of his dogs bit someone or been accused of biting someone? And then his dogs were taken away while the situation was investigated?

Fast forward, he gets his dogs back. The poor little girl he assaulted, perhaps she was playing with or petting his dogs and one of them bit or attacked her. In a panic, he grabs her and takes her inside or maybe she already in his house. He knows he can’t let anyone find out that one of his dogs bit/attacked her. His dogs will go away for good. Would he be willing to kill a human to keep his dogs?

Not sure how he gets from there to sexual assault, but just thinking maybe this is what started the whole thing. Maybe not a premeditated plan to assault and kill.

Don’t get me wrong, his actions are awful and inexcusable! Just trying to think what may have kicked off this chain of events.
I think his intent was always to sexually assault her. Not sure how the dogs came into play but his intent was to assault her. I wonder if he commanded his dog to assault her even. People can train their dogs to do such.
It seems to me that he beat her, SA her, the dog assaulter her. I'm not sure in what order tho. But I think his main goal from the get go was SA. Fear and creating violence was enjoyable to him imo. Perhaps a sadist.
moo

And iirc wasn't he talking to children?
I was so creeped out by that. It made me think that he was trying to instill fear.
Honestly, I thought that he was talking to the person (child) he had raped, who had cut his nose. Maybe I should watch it again? Or did others get the same message?
moo

okay now this starts to make sense..

Quick action saved this girl.
Mom in panic right on time and LPD immediate response.
This is the second time I have followed a case in Lafayette. Both times, the Lafayette police have been so on it. (Ryan Martin)

No "going through the motions," or being subtlety suspicious and derisive of the person calling them.
This girl was saved when so many are not. Good Job!
Many payers to the family and for her.

So a prayer for the police that found her, I know its also traumatic for them to find victims of evil.

An attempt at piecing together the contributions to a timeline so far. If anything was missed please do add. All JMO/Just my observations - pulled together with helpful information posted by others.

Post #279
02 08/17/1999 BATTERY RESULTING IN BODILY INJURY-
35-42-2-1(a)(1)(A)
03 08/17/1999 ILLEGAL CONSUMPTION OF AN ALCOHOLIC BEVE-
7.1-5-7-7(2)
04 08/17/1999 CRIMINAL RECKLESSNESS RESULTING IN SERIO-
Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase

9/17/2001: South Dakota sentenced “Felon in possession of handgun”: previously posted images Public Access to Court Electronic Records | PACER: Federal Court Records
5/14/2009: Began supervised release SD - resided at Arch Halfway House in Sioux Falls (Source: image attached - retrieved via Public Access to Court Electronic Records | PACER: Federal Court Records)
8/29/10: traveled to Rock Valley Iowa without permission (Source: -image attached - retrieved via Public Access to Court Electronic Records | PACER: Federal Court Records image attached)
9/2/10 Case filed in Sioux County, IA (Other Judgement) https://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us/ESAWebApp/TIndexFrm
12/5/10: left halfway house and did not return (Source: image attached - retrieved via Public Access to Court Electronic Records | PACER: Federal Court Records - image attached)
12/6/10: Warrant issued for return to custody (Source: Public Access to Court Electronic Records | PACER: Federal Court Records- image attached)
1/12/11: Memorandum in request of release (Source: Public Access to Court Electronic Records | PACER: Federal Court Records - image attached)
1/18/2011: appears he was paroled (Source: Public Access to Court Electronic Records | PACER: Federal Court Records - image attached)

Appears he may have been out on supervised release during this time and the request below was a hearing on leaving the state? JMO???
If anyone has found a credible source that shows something different please update.

10/8/2015: Parole hearing (appears granted to transition to Indiana) (Post #288) https://boardsandcommissions.sd.gov/bcuploads/ParoleBoardDecisionsOctober2015.pdf

<GAP in info>

1/26/2016: Updated profile pic on Facebook

3/14/16: released on OR bond in Tippecanoe County, IN Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase

5/4/16
: Failure to appear Tippecanoe County, IN Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase

7/20/16 Operating Intoxicated (Kokomo, IN): Police reports July 20, 2016
1/26/2017 Case in Sioux County, IA (Case Dismissed) https://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us/ESAWebApp/TIndexFrm
9/24/19 (Post # 253) Protective Order (Miami County, IN): Search Protective Orders and No Contact Orders
7/21/20 (Post #253) Protective Order (Tippecanoe, IN): Search Protective Orders and No Contact Orders
8/10/20 - criminal trespassing and public intoxication (Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase)

4/21/21 - arrest in current case (79D04-2104-MC-000408) public.courts.in.gov

Attachments

• 5AE3CD13-585E-480D-86BC-9F79A76642E4.jpeg
    5AE3CD13-585E-480D-86BC-9F79A76642E4.jpeg
    178.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 8850D3D8-0D06-4AFC-BFB9-6BD64F068E07.jpeg
    8850D3D8-0D06-4AFC-BFB9-6BD64F068E07.jpeg
    182.2 KB · Views: 34
  • BC5B9E0F-DBD5-4F24-8EA7-E5B434DC15F0.jpeg
    BC5B9E0F-DBD5-4F24-8EA7-E5B434DC15F0.jpeg
    43.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 2EEB9604-D2D4-429C-8A51-00D94692DFED.jpeg
    2EEB9604-D2D4-429C-8A51-00D94692DFED.jpeg
    137.6 KB · Views: 41
  • EF5251E3-DE88-46C9-8B55-3D25C38BEB9D.jpeg
    EF5251E3-DE88-46C9-8B55-3D25C38BEB9D.jpeg
    84.8 KB · Views: 37
  • A3F18B44-49AC-48B4-B505-AEA833D4C546.jpeg
    A3F18B44-49AC-48B4-B505-AEA833D4C546.jpeg
    192.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
he is a sadist first and foremost and he is attracted to children sexually...so his fantasies revolve around children, torture and murder. mOO
I do think his acted out fantasies revolve around torture. And who's a more vulnerable subject than an innocent child? It's about the power and easy ability to have it. Somehow I think his having pit bulls play into this.

I do think his acted out fantasies revolve around torture. And who's a more vulnerable subject than an innocent child? It's about the power and easy ability to have it. Somehow I think his having pit bulls play into this.
I think the dogs could be used as an intimidation tactic, for sure. My sense is he is impulsive, opportunistic, violent, depressive, unstable, and most probably an addict of some kind. This is just from looking at his fb. Court documents back up some of that, as well. He also clearly does not respect boundaries of any sort: property, authority, personal, social, etc. He's a scary dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pey