IN - James Chadwell II, 42, arrested after missing girl 9, found in his home, Lafayette, 19 Apr 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks interesting folks, but like all the others that have seemed interesting .. just hang onto yer hats a bit. I know it's hard to do but we don't want to turn this entirely into the Delphi discussion (as billy then says ...) ;)

No pics between Jan 2017 and March 9 2017

Looking back at his 2016 and later photos, I would say those giant ear loops would be noticed by anyone later asked to describe him for, say, a sketch (unless a hat or something covered them). Jmo

Check a July 2017 pic, not very noticeable then, so he's gone with the really big ones later on. Anybody just passing by wouldn't probably even notice them from a few feet away.

Of course he should be looked into for other crimes, but wouldn't it be an unusual progression to go from a carefully-planned murder of strangers in a different town, to years later kidnapping his own neighbour in a way that was careless enough for him to be caught immediately? The resemblance is strong but I don't think he's BG

Okay, I figured out how to scroll FB posts better. Not many posts in Jan-Feb 2017 but then gets more active in March onward.

There is a post of a dog rolling around in mud on Feb 14, 2017 (a shared post).

I quit FB last year, but logged back on for this.

jmo

Of course he should be looked into for other crimes, but wouldn't it be an unusual progression to go from a carefully-planned murder of strangers in a different town, to years later kidnapping his own neighbour in a way that was careless enough for him to be caught immediately? The resemblance is strong but I don't think he's BG
He could not have let that little girl go, with bruises and a dog bite that she could tell about. I have to think that, notwithstanding anything else that happened, she is lucky they found her.

Before we get too enthusiastic, how do we check his prison records? If he was in the pokey Feb 2017, he's in the clear. For, you know, that.
He was on FB in Feb 2017. He mentions later in 2017 that he has been out prison, it sounds like, for 15 months and seemed proud of how his life was going.

jmo

IMO both yes and no. I think some offenders may devolve to become more sloppy/careless over time if they are dealing with substance abuse or other issues. I'm waiting for more info but he definitely checks some boxes.

He could not have let that little girl go, with bruises and a dog bite that she could tell about. I have to think that, notwithstanding anything else that happened, she is lucky they found her.
VERY lucky. We often hear about how the child is often killed before 911 is even called - it can go so fast.

Wow, that hits hard. So grateful she was found.

jmo

He was on FB in Feb 2017. He mentions later in 2017 that he has been out prison, it sounds like, for 15 months and seemed proud of how his life was going.

jmo
I believe he was in prison in South Dakota from 2000 to 2016. BUT...I can not confirm this 100% as the same JBC. Although his mother's 2009 obituary did put him in SD at that time.

James B. Chadwell Inmate 3027: South Dakota Prisoner

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads