IN - James Chadwell II, 42, arrested after missing girl 9, found in his home, Lafayette, 19 Apr 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because he had never been charged with any sex crimes, does not mean he never took part in any. Many victims never say a word about it, until years later. Others are too scared or ashamed to ever say a word.

Agreed, and to add to this, sometimes when child abusers have apparent blank periods where it appears that they have no reported offenses, it's actually because they've gotten into relatively stable relationships where they had ready access to children. So they didn't have to put themselves out there and abduct or groom other children, they had victims in their home. Horrible as it is to contemplate.

Im still on the trestle and the carwash..can we confirm that lyric and elizabeths bikes were found at the carwash?

The bikes weren't found at a carwash. They were found abandoned on the trail they disappeared from. However, one of the last confirmed sightings of them was from a car wash surveillance camera if I recall correctly.

The quote at the top of his facebook page is eerily familiar. I swear that a family member in one of the other cases that we are discussing has this as sort of her mantra. Can’t shake this. Of course, I am on the fence as well, but this just struck me. Like it was purposeful. All JMO

Dear @minazoe,

You mention animal cruelty as well in this post.

The F.B.I. have been documenting animal cruelty incidents because these, as indicators, have shown up in patterns of murderers/serial killers.

Not that it's part of this case but law enforcement takes it very seriously. JMO

Tracking Animal Cruelty — FBI

"The National Sheriffs’ Association was a leading advocate for adding animal cruelty as a data set in the Bureau’s collection of crime statistics. The association for years has cited studies linking animal abuse and other types of crimes—most famously, murders committed by serial killers like Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, and the “Son of Sam” killer David Berkowitz. The organization also points out the overlap animal abuse has with domestic violence and child abuse."

“If somebody is harming an animal, there is a good chance they also are hurting a human,” said John Thompson, deputy executive director of the National Sheriffs’ Association. “If we see patterns of animal abuse, the odds are that something else is going on.”

I had written a long post about this last night, animal cruelty, but decided not to post it. But yeah, if he’s going to beat up and assault a little girl, we know he’s capable of harming animals, and as we know this behavior is often a precursor/simultaneous event. I really don’t want to elaborate, and didn’t even want to bring it up, but since...

Also, does he breed pits? I think he does. He advertised for making a “reservation” for Angie? was it being possibly pregnant again. That’s something else I may want to talk about at a later point, not now. I do recall puppy pics.

My first reaction when I saw his FB was omg, those dogs, thinking about how he really treats them. It’s always the worst when you go to a perp’s page and see they have pets. I remember Ariel Castro had little dog(s). Of course we already knew about the dog from the msm mentioning the dog bite.

I have experience in pitbull rescue and reaaaaaalllly don’t want to talk about this. But there are some other dark possibilities out there, I’ll leave it at that for now.

Just getting done with work stuff and anxious to catch up here.

So I'm over here considering whether this creep could be the guy so many of us are hoping he might be... and I'm on the fence! It occurs to me this guy had the gall to give police permission to search his house knowing the kid was in his basement! Did he really think they wouldn't find her? Was she hidden? Gagged? What made him so confident that he'd allow a search? This guy told cops she'd been there and left...

<modsnip>
Maybe he thought they would see and hear the pit bulls and not go in the basement. Glad they did. They probably told him to put them in another room or outside. Then he knew he was caught.

Yeah, and this is going to get me into trouble ... sigh ... but ... I wonder about Alicia Hummel. I do see that he was denied a parole four months before she was murdered. But I wonder if he was allowed to go on outings, etc. I have no idea.
https://boardsandcommissions.sd.gov/bcuploads/ParoleBoardDecisionsFebruary2015.pdf

This is exactly why I asked earlier where he was on June 1, 2015.

Found Deceased - SD - Alicia Hummel, 29, found near boat ramp, Myron Grove / Meckling, 1 Jun 2015

(eta: I actually started her thread, it seems.)

Last edited:
So I'm over here considering whether this creep could be the guy so many of us are hoping he might be... and I'm on the fence! It occurs to me this guy had the gall to give police permission to search his house knowing the kid was in his basement! Did he really think they wouldn't find her? Was she hidden? Gagged? What made him so confident that he'd allow a search? This guy told cops she'd been there and left...

<modsnip>
Maybe he thought they would see and hear the pit bulls and not go in the basement. Glad they did. They probably told him to put them in another room or outside. Then he knew he was caught.

I didn't know there could be that many pups in a litter.

And I agree with both you and @margarita25 that we don't need to (or want to) look at that issue. It's too awful and painful for all of us who are animal lovers. And that would be all of us.

I have a question though - the dogs in his photos look so large - are pit bulls usually that large? They seem to be oversized, at least to me.

I'm involved in animal rescue, so I have seen more than my fair share of pittie type dogs. In my experience, most are between 45-75 lbs, but it depends on exact breed/mix, general health etc. I've had a Staffordshire Pitbull, American Bulldog, Boxer and Lab-pit mix, who were all around 63-70 lbs healthy weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper