GUILTY IN - Jamie Garnett, 34, stabbed to death, Gary, 13 Feb 2017 *15 yo daughter Arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This one uses the word "taken" others have used the word abduction.
http://wsbt.com/news/local/amber-alert-issued-for-girl-abducted-out-of-gary-indiana

I'm not sure if it's just the individual journalists wording their stories a little different though.
I hope this girl is found soon. It's possible that she's with a murderer. Regardless of who she's with, her mom was just killed so I'm sure that alone is enough to cause extreme emotional stress in this little girl. I hope they can locate her today.

This is what I was thinking or Bad guy says "you have XX minutes to get back here or I will kill your mom"

Or killed the mom, took the kids, Chas talked him into letting her leave the boy with the aunt, he was watching her from the street, maybe with a weapon aimed at her...

There was a similar case in Virginia a couple of years ago, though, where it turned out the daughter was complicit in the murder. I hope hope hope hope it's not the same thing here.

Is there any precedent for using Amber Alerts when the kid is a possible suspect in a murder? Seems unlikely the police would do that and risk a helpful civilian getting hurt.

Pending autopsy, is all I saw.

I think it said she was found with injuries but COD was pending autopsy. I think that is pretty standard right? Unless a victim is found with a single GS wound it usually is pending autopsy, I think.

Is there any precedent for using Amber Alerts when the kid is a possible suspect in a murder? Seems unlikely the police would do that and risk a helpful civilian getting hurt.

I think they probably would. The kid would be a minor in the company of a murderer, and therefore in danger, no matter what the kid's own role in the situation might be.

The school Chastinea went to has not been reference has it? (I don't know if I missed it or if the info is just not out there.)

In the picture where she is wearing a headband she has on a navy blue shirt that has a logo on it. It was hard to read but I made out the word "Academies" so I googled and Lighthouse Academies has the same logo on their website as the one on her shirt. I'm assuming that is the school she attended.

I think it said she was found with injuries but COD was pending autopsy. I think that is pretty standard right? Unless a victim is found with a single GS wound it usually is pending autopsy, I think.

Yeah, very standard. Even with obvious wounds they sometimes say that because there's no way to tell from superficial examination whether the body was injured after death.

The school Chastinea went to has not been reference has it? (I don't know if I missed it or if the info is just not out there.)

It looks like she has a school uniform polo style shirt on in some of the photos. One is Navy. Perhaps their are schools in the area of her home that has Navy or Blue as a school color???

In the picture where she is wearing a headband she has on a navy blue shirt that has a logo on it. It was hard to read but I made out the word "Academies" so I googled and Lighthouse Academies has the same logo on their website as the one on her shirt. I'm assuming that is the school she attended.

Less than two miles from her mother's apartment. Seems likely.

H
If the various media outlets can't even agree on the address of the mother' murder, I don't see why they would be accurate about the vehicle or anything else.

I'm not sure why the kidnapper would let her drop the child off but it doesn't seem implausible to me. Maybe she talked him into it, convinced him the child was too young to be a witness, didn't want him along, whatever.

But vehicle information would come from LE and would be listed with NCMEC
if a vehicle belonging to the victim was involved. In past cases we've seen info indicating they might be with a bf or spouse.

Still catching up, was offline the last few hours. This is unlike any other amber alert I can recall. No mention of an abduction of any sort other than its an unknown and that has my hinky meter peaked.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/15-year-old-girl-missing-from-gary-may-be-in-extreme-danger/1753741/

I hooe it is just the wording, but this article seems to imply the girl may have something to do with her mother's death .... someone please tell me I am wrong.

From article:
Authorities would only say Tuesday that the teen went missing after her mother was the victim of a crime and that Reeves could be in "extreme danger."

Kelli McMillan, Reeves' aunt, said the frantic teen and her younger sister ran to her home in the 2000-block of Maine Street around 2 a.m. Monday and said someone hurt her mother.

"Two children came to my door a little after 2 a.m. and they said someone had come in, somebody had did something to their mom. So they came here," McMillan said. "She run out the back door when the police come. I just had to tell them she ran out the back door. She got out of here."

As her aunt picked up the phone to call 911, Reeves ran out the back door. She has been missing ever since.

Another neighbor, who didn't want to be identified, claimed Tuesday the teenager was pregnant and told her mother, who got upset. She said a confrontation occurred, which led to a crime.

another article with more info:

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...elieve-to-be-In-Extreme-Danger-413641403.html

"When I was making my phone call, Chastinea, she ran out the backdoor," McMillan said.

“There’s just too many unknowns, she’s young, it’s very cold outside, we don’t believe she has any means to care for herself at this time,” said Gary police Lt. Dawn Westerfield.
Asked if she had a message for McMillan for Chastinea, McMillan pleaded with the 15-year-old.

“Just come home, you’re not in trouble, we just want to help you—that’s all.” she said.

---
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/02/14/amber-alert-for-missing-gary-teen-believed-to-be-in-extreme-danger/

It was not clear if Chastinea left alone, or with someone; willingly, or by force.
“It is unknown at this time if she was in a vehicle, if she was on foot, if she was alone, or with someone. That is part of our concern. There is just too many unknown. She is young. It’s very cold outside. We don’t believe she has any means to care for herself at this time, and she’s not with anyone that she should be with,” Gary Police Lt. Dawn Westerfield said.

if she is pregnant, maybe whoever made her that way was also in the home?

Gary police say they found a 34-year-old woman dead in the Oak Knoll Renaissance Apartments, which is where Chastinea lived with her mother.http://wgntv.com/2017/02/13/amber-alert-issued-from-missing-gary-teen/

woman named in this one:

Westerfield said she was not at liberty to discuss the details of the crime involving Chastinea's mother or her identity.

Around the same time the teen went missing, Jamie M. Garnett, 34, was found dead at her residence in the 4400 block of West 23rd Street in Gary. The death was ruled a homicide.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/...cle_5cb10408-ce9c-5a61-8015-a4591725dcd1.html

If it hasn't yet been mentioned, mom's FB is under first name "China"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot