IN IN - Jasmine McNew, 20, Found Dead in Home - New Albany, 6 Sept 2019.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm guessing it looks like a natural death but there was concerning circumstances in her life ongoing that makes them not want to hastily rule out foul play. Deleted posts in this thread clearly made it seem like stuff was going on assuming they were true. Who knows though, i agree it's weird.
LE spent 80 straight hours on the scene for a natural death? I don't know...

Yeah. All I can think until we hear official findings, if ever, is maybe it was one of those "could go either way until we have all the results" type of things. And I really can't imagine a lot of those situations.

Yeah, you're right. I was more thinking natural as in overdose or something with suspicious circumstances but that doesn't explain 80 hours unless they were completely combing the whole house for DNA. I think there's other factors that could maybe explain things but they'd be highly inappropriate to go into. Hope it's sorted soon and her family gets answers anyway.

Yeah, you're right. I was more thinking natural as in overdose or something with suspicious circumstances but that doesn't explain 80 hours unless they were completely combing the whole house for DNA. I think there's other factors that could maybe explain things but they'd be highly inappropriate to go into. Hope it's sorted soon and her family gets answers anyway.
Oh man, I can't imagine what took them so long inside. I don't even know if I wanna know.

What we know so far:

Jasmine McNew was born Jasmine R. Duncan in Jeffersonville in March 1999 and was 20 when she died. She loved baking, playing her cello and drawing. [1]
She had two daughters, one of which was living with her. [2]

New Albany Police Department responded to a report of a 20-year-old woman dead in her home around 3:30 Friday Sept 6, 2019. Police had the house taped off and officers on scene until late Monday morning. New Albany Police Chief Todd Bailey has said a pending toxicology report could shed more light on what happened, but that could take several weeks. He said McNew's death does not indicate any credible threat to the public and her daughter had been staying with another family member the night Jasmine's body was found.[2]

Neighbor Cossandra Randall said Jasmine had lived in the neighborhood about six or seven months, and while they had talked before, Jasmine had kept to herself a lot.
"I knew of her, we've seen her," she said. "We've cut her grass before but...she kept to herself. I know she had a little girl, which is heartbreaking."[2,3]

Randall said an officer told her early on the case was being investigated as a homicide, and she's been surprised to see news reports that depict it as a death investigation.[2]

Family members removed some of McNew's belongings from her house Tuesday morning.[4]

1Newcomer Family Obituaries - Jasmine R. McNew 1999 - 2019
2 Outline - Read & annotate without distractions
3 Neighbors await answers as New Albany police continue investigating 20-year-old woman’s death
4 Outline - Read & annotate without distractions

Where is the second daughter?

Outline - Read & annotate without distractions
Family members said McNew's 3-year-old daughter is safe.

Jasmine's other daughter, who looks to be about 18 months, was at a family member's the night she died. I could be wrong here, it wouldn't be the first confusing detail.

I also have a link to the New Albany scanner if someone want to go back and listen to the 2-4am on the 6th. Otherwise I'll do it when I'm off work.

New Albany Police and Fire Audio Archives

Also the was found Friday morning the 6th, not the 9th. I'll alert a mod.

Outline - Read & annotate without distractions
Family members said McNew's 3-year-old daughter is safe.

Jasmine's other daughter, who looks to be about 18 months, was at a family member's the night she died. I could be wrong here, it wouldn't be the first confusing detail.

I also have a link to the New Albany scanner if someone want to go back and listen to the 2-4am on the 6th. Otherwise I'll do it when I'm off work.

New Albany Police and Fire Audio Archives

Also the was found Friday morning the 6th, not the 9th. I'll alert a mod.
Thank you! The thing that is super confusing to me is the fact the baby is not included in any picture. All of the pictures Jasmine posted was of the oldest daughter, it's so weird.

Thank you all for the continued prayers and support for our family. It is a very difficult time for us. As we ourselves have not had any updates on my daughter’s passing. I just as that everyone keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you

<modsnip>

I have two grandchildren by my beloved Jasmine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all for the continued prayers and support for our family. It is a very difficult time for us. As we ourselves have not had any updates on my daughter’s passing. I just as that everyone keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you

It's so sad. Please know that we feel for you and your family. I wish I could help in any way, but the lack of information doesn't really help much. I hope your babies are doing okay too. Stay strong, many many many hugs and prayers for you and your family!

You are absolutely on my mind and I wish you strength to see you through this. May justice prevail for you and Jasmine, and for her daughters. I'm sure you treasure those little girls, and I hope they bring you joy and healing as they grow. They are Jasmine's legacy and a powerful testimony to the importance of her life.

It's so sad. Please know that we feel for you and your family. I wish I could help in any way, but the lack of information doesn't really help much. I hope your babies are doing okay too. Stay strong, many many many hugs and prayers for you and your family!

At this point our hands are Tied until The detectives tell us something... anything...it’s frustrating, but I have my faith in God he will give us the answer in his time. Again I think you all so much for your time care and concern it makes me feel that there are still good people out there.

At this point our hands are Tied until The detectives tell us something... anything...it’s frustrating, but I have my faith in God he will give us the answer in his time. Again I think you all so much for your time care and concern it makes me feel that there are still good people out there.

Jasmine is on my mind all the time. She really went through so much in the last few years. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
No MSM updates or LE statements.
Jasimine seems to be beautiful soul with an amazing spirit.
She will live on in the lives of her children and loved ones.
Her bright light will continue on no matter why it was put out to soon.
Prayers for her children, mother and sisters who will fight for her memory of kindness.
Rest Easy Jasimine your story will be told.

Thinking of you and your family. I hope you get some answers xx

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz
Back