GUILTY IN - Joelle Lockwood, 30, Evansville, 9 July 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Im confused about the kidnapping charges since she knew him and got in the car willingly. I understand the rest of the charges.

Im confused about the kidnapping charges since she knew him and got in the car willingly. I understand the rest of the charges.

Most likely it would apply depending on how the statute or the law is written. That's probably also one of the ones they will try and use as a bargaining chip should a plea deal be reached.

Most likely it would apply depending on how the statute or the law is written. That's probably also one of the ones they will try and use as a bargaining chip should a plea deal be reached.

I'm not pretending to know how the law is written because I don't know, but I'm guessing that putting her on a 'leash' and forcing her to go into a cage naked/mostly naked could be considered kidnapping, even if she did voluntarily get into the car originally.

It doesn't matter if she willingly got into the car. Preventing her from leaving would be kidnapping.

I want to say another case posted on here in IL for Carrie Olson has her ex charged with kidnapping also. Unfortunately that did not have a good ending.
Maybe after the fact when she could not leave willingly, it automatically changes to kidnapping?

I want to say another case posted on here in IL for Carrie Olson has her ex charged with kidnapping also. Unfortunately that did not have a good ending.
Maybe after the fact when she could not leave willingly, it automatically changes to kidnapping?

Ariel Castro's victims also went into his house or car voluntarily. He lured Michelle Knight in promising to give her a puppy for her son. He convinced Amanda Berry to get into his car by promising her a ride. Once he prevented them from leaving that is kidnapping.

See below.

Not exactly. That's criminal confinement. Kidnapping means the removal of a person from one place to another via force, threat of force, fraud or enticement. I would think this relates to inviting her to their home to party because he actually intended to keep her there as a sex slave. This was planned in advance.

However, I actually think it applies to removing her from the yard back into the house (she apparently was taken outside twice in the yard and then forced back inside, during the ordeal). That's because she was taken before July 1st and the law changed on that date. Before it, kidnapping was only if it was with the intent to obtain a ransom or use as a shield, etc. http://www.in.gov/legislative/ic/2010/title35/ar42/ch3.html

I looked it up and these two face something like three years to 20, iirc.

I agree. The first thing I wondered, after reading the probable cause affidavit, why didn't RH immediately contact the police after he left, rather than going back the next day? At best, he behaved recklessly, endangering both himself and the victim, at worst, he took advantage of the situation (i.e., telling the victim he would free her if she would have sex with him).

He never left without her. Once he caught on that something was wrong he wasn't going to leave without her so he spent the night there while he tried to figure out how to get her out. His daughters were there once he got her back to his place to shower and get her something to eat so I doubt anything bad happened at that point.

In the video he mentioned the lifestyle he used to have, and I personally think that's why leaving and calling LE wasn't his natural reaction like it would of been for you or I. When people have a lifestyle that ingrains in them not to call LE, but to handle things themselves, sometimes those instincts don't fade away right away. Once they were out of the trailer according to his story he was just doing what she asked (the shower, as she knew she had a bad smell) before having her call her mom.

He didn't react in what most people would think would be the best way to handle it, but at the end of the day he did get her out of there alive and back to her family. I feel like that should be what's important.

Now it's time for Joelle to start the long process of dealing with all of this, and for Mountain to help his daughters deal with what their mother became as well.

Which is similar to the Cleveland case.

And as was also the case in terms of her getting into the car apparently voluntarily, her being confined in a home others went in and out of, a key player in the rescue not sing squeaky clean, and the money thing.

As far as not going to LE immediately, that was also the case with the Amish girls last month. But far fewer questioned them taking the girls straight home. In fact far more seemed to praise the decision.

Didn't that also happen when Abby Hernandez returned also? (The not going to LE immediately)

And as was also the case in terms of her getting into the car apparently voluntarily, her being confined in a home others went in and out of, a key player in the rescue not sing squeaky clean, and the money thing.

As far as not going to LE immediately, that was also the case with the Amish girls last month. But far fewer questioned them taking the girls straight home. In fact far more seemed to praise the decision.

Didn't that also happen when Abby Hernandez returned also? (The not going to LE immediately)

Yeah. Honestly after the hell she had been through I don't think anyone can fault her for wanting to be clean and not smell when the circus of family, police, medical check ups, and media started around her.

A lot of people questioned it in the Amish girl's case. Abby Hernandez returned by herself to her home. Taking a shower is not a good idea when it comes to preserving evidence. But what's done is done.

While doing the right thing for the sake of helping someone in dire need should be reward enough on it's own, if I had the means I'd pay off his mortgage or something. Far too many people these days have embraced the whole "bystander" mentality and don't do a thing. Thankfully he wasn't one of them.

He never left without her. Once he caught on that something was wrong he wasn't going to leave without her so he spent the night there while he tried to figure out how to get her out. His daughters were there once he got her back to his place to shower and get her something to eat so I doubt anything bad happened at that point.

In the video he mentioned the lifestyle he used to have, and I personally think that's why leaving and calling LE wasn't his natural reaction like it would of been for you or I. When people have a lifestyle that ingrains in them not to call LE, but to handle things themselves, sometimes those instincts don't fade away right away. Once they were out of the trailer according to his story he was just doing what she asked (the shower, as she knew she had a bad smell) before having her call her mom.

He didn't react in what most people would think would be the best way to handle it, but at the end of the day he did get her out of there alive and back to her family. I feel like that should be what's important.

Now it's time for Joelle to start the long process of dealing with all of this, and for Mountain to help his daughters deal with what their mother became as well.

BBM

I was going to post this same sentiment. My DD's best friend's dad is a great guy, but he had a wild biker youth. I think he would have handled it just like Higgs did. He "handles" everything himself and doesn't seem to have any fear. Me? I would have high tailed it out of there and called 911. :panic:

I think maybe Joelle herself just wanted away and wanted some time before the craziness started. I doubt she would have told him to call the police, and he would have refused. I don't think he did anything wrong and we don't know what Joelle herself wanted or said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*
Back