GUILTY IN - Joelle Lockwood, 30, Evansville, 9 July 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lol sorry about that margarita! iPhone auto corrects me and I missed it since it is going on 3 am here and I have so thrilled with the great news about Joelle. I doubt anything else will be released overnight so time for me to head to bed. Praying Kristy is found alive too this weekend!!!

Two Month Search is Over, Lockwood Found, Friend says in Good Spirits
http://www.tristatehomepage.com/story/d/story/two-month-search-is-over-lockwood-found-friend-say/23002/16iBrpuRWUaUurYHIRXmBg

"Crowe says Joelle was in good spirits as she was taken into the police station. "I saw her smiling and talking to the police officer. So she was obviously very glad to be in that vehicle with him. She was smiling at us and saying that she was okay."

But Crowe says Joelle didn't look quite the same. "She looked like she's been through something. She was not herself. No. No."

Crowe says her intuition leads her to believe Joelle was held against her will. Evansville Police have not indicated whether officers believe that to be true."

(Trying to figure out why some articles say "Jefferson Square Apartments on Evansville's south side", but the photo indicates a trailer)
eta: ok, I think I get it now---the arrests were made at the trailer, after Joelle was removed from the apartments by the "visitor" and LE had a chance to speak with Joelle. So, the trailer then is not where she was being held, but where the suspects were later arrested.

"After searching relentlessly for two months, across, two states, Joelle Lockwood is found alive and safe at Jefferson Square Apartments on Evansville's south side."
http://www.tristatehomepage.com/story/d/story/two-month-search-is-over-lockwood-found-friend-say/23002/16iBrpuRWUaUurYHIRXmBg

"Evansville police tell us that the arrests were made at a residence in Posey County where they believe Lockwood had been held since early July.

We're told that a man who visited the suspects got Lockwood out of captivity and brought her to Evansville. Lockwood was then interviewed by EPD detectives.

EPD says that any criminal charges will be handled by Posey County authorities.

Members of the Posey County Sheriff's Office, EPD Detectives, and the EPD SWAT Team served a warrant to the suspects at the Posey County residence and took them into custody."

http://www.14news.com/story/26467490/two-arrested-in-missing-woman-joelle-lockwood-investigation

Thinking about all this further and trying to wrap my head around all of this, I'm wondering if the suspect resided at the Jefferson Square Apartments where Joelle was possibly being held against her will, and he then fled the location when he realized Joelle was missing? Did he go try to hide out at friend's or family member's house (the trailer)? And could the arrest of 2 suspects include one for being an accomplice / harboring a criminal? Pure brainstorming and speculation here. I am anxiously awaiting to see the information that LE releases.

Whatever the case, glad Joelle is home safe with her family, and arrests have been made.

BBM / Quoting myself for reference:

(Trying to figure out why some articles say "Jefferson Square Apartments on Evansville's south side", but the photo indicates a trailer)
eta: ok, I think I get it now---the arrests were made at the trailer, after Joelle was removed from the apartments by the "visitor" and LE had a chance to speak with Joelle. So, the trailer then is not where she was being held, but where the suspects were later arrested.

"After searching relentlessly for two months, across, two states, Joelle Lockwood is found alive and safe at Jefferson Square Apartments on Evansville's south side."

"Evansville police tell us that the arrests were made at a residence in Posey County where they believe Lockwood had been held since early July.

We're told that a man who visited the suspects got Lockwood out of captivity and brought her to Evansville. Lockwood was then interviewed by EPD detectives.

Members of the Posey County Sheriff's Office, EPD Detectives, and the EPD SWAT Team served a warrant to the suspects at the Posey County residence and took them into custody."

http://www.14news.com/story/26467490/two-arrested-in-missing-woman-joelle-lockwood-investigation

Wait, rereading over my links, I'm confused now, the second link says "Evansville police tell us that the arrests were made at a residence in Posey County where they believe Lockwood had been held since early July..."

The way I read it --and I could certainly be mistaken -- the perp's friend took Joelle from the trailer to the JS Apts. He then contacted LE, and the SWAT team apprehended the perp and an accomplice at the trailer.

Two arrested in missing woman, Joelle Lockwood, investigation[/url]
Josh Allsopp
Posted: 09/07/2014 2:19 AM

Officials tell us that two are arrests were made Saturday night in the investigation of missing woman Joelle Lockwood.

Evansville police tell us that the arrests were made at a residence in Posey County where they believe Lockwood had been held since early July.

--------------------------------------------
More at the link

What wonderful news. It restores my faith in finding these people alive after months of being missing. This is the best case scenario. I hope Joelle recovers fully from her ordeal and the two perps that were caught are brought to justice and taken off the streets so they don't ever do anything like this to another unsuspecting woman again.

Great that she was found, but this is EXACTLY what has me concerned about the Kristy Kelley case right down the road from this town.

Private Property.

No reason for anybody to suspect these people knew anything about her missing.

No warrants can be issued because there is no sign a crime was committed.

The property owners may (or may not have) participated in the searches for her.

The property owners would no doubt refuse to let searchers comb their property for signs of her, or just make themselves unavailable to grant permission.

The property owners had probably assured everyone that they had "personally" scoured their property for the missing woman, if they were asked.

There was two perps involved, working as a team.

Private, private, private, private..................I think that is a BIG part of the problem in the Kelley disappearance as well. Access to all of this private land.

I personally believe that's why they haven't found her or her SUV yet.

The way I read it --and I could certainly be mistaken -- the perp's friend took Joelle from the trailer to the JS Apts. He then contacted LE, and the SWAT team apprehended the perp and an accomplice at the trailer.

Two arrested in missing woman, Joelle Lockwood, investigation[/url]
Josh Allsopp
Posted: 09/07/2014 2:19 AM

Officials tell us that two are arrests were made Saturday night in the investigation of missing woman Joelle Lockwood.

Evansville police tell us that the arrests were made at a residence in Posey County where they believe Lockwood had been held since early July.

--------------------------------------------
More at the link

^^^^This is the way I read it as well...if this is the case, I don't know why she wasn't rescued and taken straight to authorities. ???
Regardless, I am glad she is safe and hope she gets the support she needs to overcome what she has been through.

JMO

^^^^This is the way I read it as well...if this is the case, I don't know why she wasn't rescued and taken straight to authorities. ???
Regardless, I am glad she is safe and hope she gets the support she needs to overcome what she has been through.

JMO
Maybe her rescuer wasn't really sure what had happened, he just got her out of there, took her to a safe place, got the scoop from her, then called authorities or took her down to the police station?

We do need more people like this man, who say a situation that wasn't right, and didn't ignore it, he did something about it instead of deciding it's none of his business and to stay out of it. IMO

It may end up being a complicated situation where her rescuer had to sit her down for awhile and convince her to go to the cops.

I remember way back in the beginning that she left someones house intoxicated and on foot. She may have accepted a ride with one of these two guys , or even called them, and ended up at the place she was found. Maybe it slowly progressed into a kidnapping/hostage situation over time. She may have felt partly responsible for her own actions, and thus hesitant to go to the authorities. Sort of like that Stockholm Syndrome you hear about.

It seems like a lot more details are going to have to emerge before a lot of questions can be answered.

It makes me so happy to see "Found Alive" in the thread title! :)

found alive and an arrest! amazingly good news!

It may end up being a complicated situation where her rescuer had to sit her down for awhile and convince her to go to the cops.

I remember way back in the beginning that she left someones house intoxicated and on foot. She may have accepted a ride with one of these two guys , or even called them, and ended up at the place she was found. Maybe it slowly progressed into a kidnapping/hostage situation over time. She may have felt partly responsible for her own actions, and thus hesitant to go to the authorities. Sort of like that Stockholm Syndrome you hear about.

It seems like a lot more details are going to have to emerge before a lot of questions can be answered.

IF we ever get any answers. Most often, we do not.

I am glad she seems to be okay but my overactive cynicism is flaring a bit...jmo

I've been following Kristy & Noelle's cases, and I am THRILLED that Joelle has been found alive. I don't get why people are immediately skeptical when we know so little at this point. Would they be happier if she was found dead?

http://www.tristatehomepage.com/sto...ing-person-inves/40775/xjCxobsrMEK4jnldO5vz3Q

Two Arrested in Connection To Missing Person Investigation

"Investigators say the arrests were made at an unspecified address in Posey County, where they believe Lockwood had been held captive since early July. Officers say a man who visited the suspects was able to get Lockwood out of the house and bring her back to Evansville.

Once authorities were notified, EPD detectives interviewed Lockwood and determined criminal charges would be handled by Posey County authorities. Members of the Posey County Sheriff's Office, EPD detectives and EPD SWAT team served a warrant at the Posey County home in question where they took the two suspects into custody."

Wow - didn't expect a "found alive" on this one! Yay!

And considering how rarely we see someone apparently held not only for weeks, but for months, pretty amazing that within a matter of months it seems we've had two females, both held for months, both found alive, and both cases having arrests!

I've been following Kristy & Noelle's cases, and I am THRILLED that Joelle has been found alive. I don't get why people are immediately skeptical when we know so little at this point. Would they be happier if she was found dead?

Very similar to when AH unexpectedly turned up alive after having been held for 9 months. And since she essentially walked right back into her life, plus it had been so long, it prompted even more questions than I imagine we'll see in this case (both in media, watercooler chatter, and online including here at WS)

Heck, it happened with Michelle/Gina/Amanda in Cleveland as well. To a lesser extent with Jaycee and Elizabeth also.

Just one sampling from AH's case since that's so recent:

There is excitement and a lot questions surrounding the return of 15-year-old Abigail Hernandez who was missing for more than nine months.

<snip>

"She looked tired, but she looked good, and I'm sure it was a long, long day, but she looked good and that was awesome to see," said Kirsch."

http://www.wmtw.com/news/questions-r...#ixzz3BGBUYV2f

Even with the AH case legal part having begun with hearings and court activity, etc. there still continues to be discussion and questions.

I'm guessing Joelle's case will be similar.

But I think most people (at least here) question and try to figure it out wondering how it could have happened, how they managed to stay alive and be undetected wherever they were held, etc.

And thus people wonder if a missing person is actually alive and right under their nose and how they might locate them or if there are common warning signs or patterns that might make finding someone else who is missing and possibly held also being found, etc.

Because in many ways, I think it provides glimmers of hope that others who are still missing might end up also turning up alive - even if it's weeks, months, or even years or decades later.

Ugh, just realized I typed Noelle instead of Joelle. SMH

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truth Exposed
Back