DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
25-year-old Kevin Nguyen has not been seen or heard from him since Dec. 8.

He was kicked out of the Brass Rail on Broadway last Saturday night, after some sort of altercation. From his credit card statements, he paid his tab and bought a pizza from a food truck outside the bar. But after calling for a ride home, he was nowhere to be found.

"The last time I heard from him was on Sunday at 2:44 am, when he called me to go pick him up from the bar that night," his younger sister said. "My mom went to pick him up and then I never heard from him after that."

The Arby's on Jefferson Blvd. shows a video of Kevin walking by the side of the building alone around 1:40 in the morning.

Kevin was last wearing a dark blue jacket, tan skinny jeans, Burberry prescription glasses, and black Vans shoes.

He has small black gauges in each ear and light facial hair.

Kevin%202_1544998353376.jpg_65311915_ver1.0_640_360.jpg
Kevin_1545019188729_65318618_ver1.0_640_360.png

Exclusive: Family desperate for help finding missing loved one

1. What time was Kevin kicked out of the bar/cashed out of his tab?
2. Did he walk past Arby's before or after? If after, what was he doing for nearly an hour before calling his sister?
3. Where is the CCTV from the Brass Rail (or the tire/car place across the street or the gas station or countless other businesses around the bar)?
4. What direction was he going in the Arby's footage?
5. Who was he with at Brass Rail
6. Why did he need a ride home? Was he originally planning to leave with whoever he had an altercation with?
7. Which way is home?
8. How long was he expected to wait for his mom? Where was the designated pickup (it says the bar but I can't be sure if that is literal or MSM paraphrasing)

Here is a map of the bar in relation to Arby's and the nearby river. This is river with a heavily wooded bank buffered by railroad tracks along the north side, except the penninsula north of W. Superior St housing Headwaters Park.
tEjDawT.jpg

Kevin Nguyen

Brass Rail is a very popular venue in Fort Wayne. They are sharing Kevin's flyer here Log In or Sign Up to View
Saturday night at Brass Rail was a comedy show Let’s Comedy Presents: The Cowboys, Wetface and Dan Alten – The Brass Rail

Family may be able to get some info from others who attended, some of which are listed here Log In or Sign Up to View

I hate to say it but this sounds like every young man leaves a bar case that we see a few times every year. I hope Kevin defies the odds and turns up unharmed.

A few hotspots where a person could go into the river by accident via a bridge or footpath.
opnYyY4.jpg

The northernmost is an old wooden covered railroad bridge, and the footpath you can see along the river below it. The second is a covered footbridge, and the third is a low concrete railroad overpass with very low side barriers. Kevin would need a reason to be walking West along any of these route

The police should be releasing any video footage of him conversing at the bar. Why wasn’t this on the news the morning it happened? There are cameras everywhere now and considering he called home for a ride and disappeared, this should’ve been all over the news. Sorry, but I am very angry. God Bless this family and give them strength for anything they must face. The people of Ft Wayne deserve to see that video footage from the bar and be made aware of anyone considered dangerous!!

The police should be releasing any video footage of him conversing at the bar. Why wasn’t this on the news the morning it happened? There are cameras everywhere now and considering he called home for a ride and disappeared, this should’ve been all over the news. Sorry, but I am very angry. God Bless this family and give them strength for anything they must face. The people of Ft Wayne deserve to see that video footage from the bar and be made aware of anyone considered dangerous!!
It would appear the family had to get the footage from Arby's themselves. I agree they should give it to the media.

Family searches rivers for missing family member

• The family says management at the bar told them Nguyen had entered the bar four times that night.
  • "... We know some things that went on since the night he left the Brass Rail and we can't find him and i'm looking vigorously with the rest of my family,"says Nguyen's uncle Richard Yankey.
  • The Brass Rail has given their surveillance video to police.

A public search has been organized for him at 2 p.m. Sunday, starting at Lakeside park. Anyone with information on Kevin's whereabouts is asked to call police.

I'm curious why he would enter the bar 4 times that night.

Was he thrown out and then tried returning 3 more times? Bar hopping with friends? Going out to smoke?

I know most bar "fights" are usually stopped long before a punch is thrown. Is it possible that he later ran into whoever he got into it with outside of the bar where it would be far less likely to be broken up?

Man still missing as Christmas nears, glasses found

[...]

His family has searched the area around the Brass Rail. On Thursday, they found his glasses, broken, in the parking lot of the bar.

"They are needed on a daily basis, so that's kind of crucial to us, it's a little bit alarming to us," said family friend Alena Rasnick.

The family has also searched the banks of the St. Joseph and St. Mary's Rivers.

Kevin's family says management at the bar told them Nguyen had entered the bar four times the night he went missing.

The Arby's on Jefferson Blvd. gave them two videos. They show Kevin walking by the restaurant alone, one around 1:40 in the morning, the other around 2:45 a.m.

The Brass Rail has given their surveillance video to detectives.

[...]

upload_2018-12-24_0-56-18.jpeg

So sad...
I don’t have much to add other than to say I am from Ft. Wayne but haven’t lived there for over a decade. The Brass Rail is in the downtown area. It used to be a bar for older people, but in recent years now has a much younger crowd. The bar is not in a good part of town.
Hoping this young man turns up safe soon.

Family, friends search for answers about missing man | Police/Fire | Journal Gazette

[...]

The family has not seen the Brass Rail's surveillance video now in police hands, Rasnick said. They have seen surveillance video from the downtown Arby's on Jefferson Boulevard showing Nguyen walking through the restaurant's parking lot at 2:45 a.m. shortly after he called his sister to pick him up, Resnick added.

In that video, he is seen stumbling and has what appears to be a black eye, Rasnick and others have said in Facebook posts.

Lance Yankey and others searched the bar's parking lot for clues and found Nguyen's broken glasses Thursday.

“One of the lenses had popped out and was under some leafy debris,” Rasnick said. Yankey called the police, who retrieved the glasses for evidence, she added.

“At this point in time, police are not suspecting foul play. There has not been one person to come forward with information, so we cannot speculate any foul play,” Rasnick said.

[...]

The last guy who was last seen at the Brass Rail was found beaten to death last November. He also had an "altercation" at the bar. No charges were ever filed that I heard of. And his body wasn't found at the bar.

Having read that he had entered the bar four times and had an altercation, he was also hanging around outside the bar till 15mins before closing time? 2.45 phone call. Glasses found in the parking lot and the last person to go missing from here after an altercation turned up beaten to death. I would be interested to know if the doormen have been questioned? If he has possibly been told to leave after the altercation and may kept re-entering the bar (four times), from my own experiences in pubs, doormen have a short temper when it comes to this type of behaviour. Does anyone have a previous experience of drinking here or knowledge of the doormen?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mykand
Back