IN - Kimberly Camm, 35, & 2 children murdered, Georgetown, 28 Sept 2000 *2 earlier trials OVERTURNED

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.wdrb.com/story/23636495/david-camm-defense-presents-new-evidence

David Camm walked into the Boone County Courthouse Tuesday morning offering a subtle look at the media, perhaps knowing what was to come in testimony. Touch DNA expert Richard Eikelenboom of Independent Forensic Services told the jury he found DNA profiles consistent with Charles Boney on the clothing worn by Kim and Jill Camm on the day of the murder in September 2000.

after arguing for over a decade and through 3 trials that David Camm was the shooter and it was he who wanted to kill his family and Boney was only the provider of the guns they are now arguing for a jury instruction that says Camm aided and abetted Boney in the murders.

This is utter insanity, they are so desperate for a conviction any conviction that they will argue a whole new theory of the crime.

How many of us believe the jury has gotten it right every time so far?

I could never convict him on the evidence the state has provided in all 3 trials, I also now think he had no involvement in the murder of his family - I think Charles Boney is the sole killer

How many of us believe the jury has gotten it right every time so far?

I think the jury works with the information they're given, at least hopefully. And they do the best they can with what they're given. So, if the judge has ruled correctly, and the evidence has been presented correctly, then the Jury's verdict is "correct" if they've followed the instructions and law.

So far; I think the jury has gotten it right every single time. I just hope to god this one does.
I picture in my mind; giving this to them now; this case. Here it is yours now; no matter what any one says. And I will hope the verdict; is a swift one. I will be hoping very hard.

The state is now wanting to argue that maybe David wasn't present during the murders - that he may have hired Boney to do thre murders thus they have persuaded the judge to allow a jury charge of aiding and abetting, this allows the jury to convict on the theory that Boney was the murderer and Camm the instigator and they conspired together.

The Judge in the second trial dismissed the conspiracy charge as there was and has never been any evidence provided by either LE or Boney to warrant any conspiracy charges, in all 3 trials they have not provided one witness, one phone record or any evidence to show that Boney and Camm ever met except for Boneys many differing version of events.

If he is convicted the defence has huge appelate issues in this judge allowing a conspiracy charge in all but name as it smacks of double jeopardy.

state closings defence up after then state rebuttal,

with the new jury instructions I think it is highly likely the jury may compromise on a guilty verdict, if they are not convinced that Camm was/is the killer they can convict him of the murder on the aiding and abetting instructions

That type of instruction is common in murder cases in NC. Here it's called "acting in concert." Not the same as conspiracy, btw. They can be different charges.

they are different charges but they rely on the same facts to convict, that more than one person acting together committed the crime, and the state has no evidence to prove there was ever any evidence to show this happened in this case

first trial was Camm was the sole perp, even though they had unknown DNA on the "Backbone" sweatshirt, and he did it because he wanted rid of his family to be free to date other women, and a side motive was the insurance issue and possible sexual abuse, conviction was found to be unsound

second trial happened at same time as Boneys, Judge through out any idea the state wanted to charge on any conspiracy theories as no evidence, Camm was still sole shooter who had bought the murder weapon off Boney, and motive was more focused on alleged sexual abuse and insurance money a side motive, conviction again unsound

third trial up to jury instructions and closings was mostly focused on Camm was sole shooter with Boney present to bring him the gun/s and to be the patsy, state is now arguing that jury can convict even if they don't believe he was the shooter or even present during the crime, and this time the sole motive was insurance money,

wonder what the fourth trial theory will be as if he is convicted he will have many apellate issues that can be raised by his defence

I've also never been able to get past the M.E.'s findings of sexual abuse on the 5 yr old girl. That wasn't from/by Boney, IIRC.

Me neither. Within days of the murders, probably before the ME's findings were public, Tammy, Camm's ex-wife, said that Jill had told her Grandmother (Kim's mother) that her private area was sore and that "daddy did it".

I"m so torn by this case. The sexual abuse of the daughter clouds my judgement of Cam but Boney's story is such BS.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scyna0895
Back