IN IN - Kristy Kelley, 27, Boonville, 15 Aug 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A Pharmacy Tech does everything a Pharmacist does, under the supervision of a Pharmacist. Also a Pharmacist must sign off(check the script and the meds) on the prescription before the customer receives it.

I'm just wondering if maybe someone she works with was into something illegal, and she was about to blow the whistle. Or maybe somebody she knew was trying to pressure her into getting drugs for them? At this point I think you have to consider every possibility.

I'm a local... born and raised in Boonville for 20 years until I moved to the nearby city of Evansville. I'm astonished at this case. Boonville is very much like everyone has said, everyone knows everyone and is each other's business. I even have some inside connections (read: family members) in LE and I can tell you, when they mean there are no new breaks in the case, there really are no new breaks. I just am having a hard time understanding how, in such a small town, a woman just vanishes and no one knows a thing. Sooner or later, someone is going to squeal with what they know. This whole case breaks my heart...

I've been lurking for awhile, just thought I'd finally register and put my 2 cents in and help out with any "local" questions.

I'm a local... born and raised in Boonville for 20 years until I moved to the nearby city of Evansville. I'm astonished at this case. Boonville is very much like everyone has said, everyone knows everyone and is each other's business. I even have some inside connections (read: family members) in LE and I can tell you, when they mean there are no new breaks in the case, there really are no new breaks. I just am having a hard time understanding how, in such a small town, a woman just vanishes and no one knows a thing. Sooner or later, someone is going to squeal with what they know. This whole case breaks my heart...

I've been lurking for awhile, just thought I'd finally register and put my 2 cents in and help out with any "local" questions.

Welcome to WS 3dognight! So happy you have joined us! :greetings:

Well thanks :)

My whole family still lives in Boonville (sometimes affectionately called "BoonVegas" as a "haha" to the size and not so exciting atmosphere) and I'm up there usually once a week or so. I know several people that were close to Kristy. She was 6/7 years behind me in school, but several of my cousins were out of her class. I've been up there to help with the search and there's just so much to cover... its unbelieveable how many backroads there are.

My best guess at this point is that her car is in a stripper pit or cornfield.

Welcome[emoji4]

Love Kills

3dognight...What is your gut feeling as well as the town's feeling in general on what happened to Kristy? Foul play? Accident? Any other thoughts?

I hope you are right about someone telling what they know, but so many cases here have proved otherwise, for years on end...jmo

3dognight...What is your gut feeling as well as the town's feeling in general on what happened to Kristy? Foul play? Accident? Any other thoughts?

I think the town believes it was foul play. I don't speak for everyone obviously, but the general feeling is that she was abducted (whether it was from the vfw, ss or inbetween).

My gut feeling is that or honestly, an accident. But after reading here and research the whole cell phone and TF camera thing just doesn't add up so I'm leaning towards foul play as well.

I think maybe she was waiting on someone who never showed..maybe that was the "discussion" she had with friends who wanted to leave and she stayed. Otherwise like you wrote ,why stay till closing with a double shift starting early.. Two important conversations we are not privvy to , the one with the couple and the other with the bartender.

To me this makes alot of sense. I cant think of any other reason she would want to sit there for hours when it appears she didnt want to do anything with anyone else.

If she met with foul play I believe its someone she knew and knows the area well enough to dispose of her car. A stranger would have done what they wanted and abandoned the car anywhere.

She was missing from Muncie, not from down here. I don't think her case is related to Kristy's.

I don't think you can be a VFW member unless you are literally a VFW. (Veteran of a Foreign War).

I am an American Legion member because my grandfather was a veteran. According to VFW website the Ladies Auxiliary works much the same- she could have been a member if she had a relative that was a VFW.

I think if the VFW is open as a regular bar, you don't have to be accompanied by a member. I could be wrong about that, though. I don't know the answer to your other two questions, other than to say that this is a rural area that does not have a big active nightlife. There aren't a lot of bars and clubs and stuff, so it's not unusual for people to go to the VFW or Legion or Moose Lodge to drink. Most little towns have at least one of those. But whether the VFW is a popular hangout for young people, I couldn't tell you.

If she met with foul play I believe its someone she knew and knows the area well enough to dispose of her car. A stranger would have done what they wanted and abandoned the car anywhere.

I agree with this, however it just seems like in a town this small, LE would know by now anyone and everyone Kristy could have been in contact with, especially having her phone. Unless she randomly ran into a casual aquaintance, someone she wouldn't normally hang out with, that ended up in her car with her. IMO this is the most likely scenario followed by an accident somewhere outside of town.

Jmo keeping the car hidden on a property, Imo, is just crazy, if a local is involved. Taking the car at all is unusual enough. I just can't ignore accident as long as the car is missing. Just mind-boggling, in any event, that nothing at all can be ruled out.

I'm just wondering if maybe someone she works with was into something illegal, and she was about to blow the whistle. Or maybe somebody she knew was trying to pressure her into getting drugs for them? At this point I think you have to consider every possibility.
The pharm. tech is the only thing that makes me wonder...surely LE has investigated any thing like this? HAve there been any issues at any of the drug stores in town??

It just seems like such an odd time and less threatening of a town for her to have just been grabbed. I was wondering if any locals know the extent of any incidents that happen at Southside...does it have a really bad reputation. making it a place for young women to be leery of? I did read of something that happened there this past weekend, but it is RUMOR as it was on one of those notorious unlinkable sites....at any rate....Seriously, is it a place where someone could get grabbed and made to leave?? In general, not even assuming she made it there?

The pharm. tech is the only thing that makes me wonder...surely LE has investigated any thing like this? HAve there been any issues at any of the drug stores in town??

It just seems like such an odd time and less threatening of a town for her to have just been grabbed. I was wondering if any locals know the extent of any incidents that happen at Southside...does it have a really bad reputation. making it a place for young women to be leery of? I did read of something that happened there this past weekend, but it is RUMOR as it was on one of those notorious unlinkable sites....at any rate....Seriously, is it a place where someone could get grabbed and made to leave?? In general, not even assuming she made it there?

Southside is a pretty rough bar and I believe (I've only been there once myself) that parking is along the street as well as across the street where it is not very well lit. IF she made it there, it is very plausible that she could have been forced back in her car and driven off somewhere.

I wonder how long it takes for LE to obtain cell records from a provider?Surely they have done this and not just looked at her phone?

I was at the SS once but that was several years ago. We went because they had a band. The place was packed. You could hardly get to the restroom without being pawed all over by a bunch of drunks. I didnt care for the place.

My husband and I moved to Evansville three years ago and this baffles me. Anywhere we go, we see Kristy's posters everywhere and prayers go to her loved ones and family members.

According to earlier posts, at least three out of the norm things happened that night at ONE location in a very small community before Kristy "disappeared":
1. Kristy got in a "small verbal altercation or argument" with a couple with whom she was with at the VFW
2. Kristy left the VFW without telling her bartender friend with whom she was supposed to leave if the bartender and others are truthful according to published info (again, we do not have access to police statements so all of this could be rumors)
3. Kristy's phone which she supposedly never left was found in the women's bathroom at the VFW the next morning and later connected to her once they realized she was missing.

To me, these many odd things say the target of the investigation starts and should be focused at the VFW, not another location. What are the odds she went elsewhere and disappeared after these odd things, unless she was in phone contact or personal contact at the VFW(of course the police will know this and not share, rightly so-someone could have eavesdropped at the VFW) where someone was privy or overheard her plans for the rest of the night and intercepted her?

I have read on a few posts that supposedly the cleaner at the VFW is an "older" male" How old and mobile is "older male cleaner" if true? God Bless our veterans and I am not trying to throw one under the bus if this is the case-just trying to consider people who possibly had last contact with her.

Is is possible that Kristy was hanging around after the bar closed while her female bartender was in back, she gets a text from someone she wants to see or decides on her own to go track down the person? Kristy knows her friend is going to be busy in the back for a bit (plus she could have argued with others about going to see this person) and does not have a purse or pen with her in the bar or her new bartender friend's cell number (does not want to get the new bartender in trouble by interrupting her training in back), so Kristy grabs a pen and cocktail napkin from the bar and leaves a short note to her female bartender friend on a napkin she has to go somewhere but will be back in 10-15 min so they can still leave together after the bartender finishes training/bar closes.Kristy leaves, plans to come back shortly. Maybe someone cleaning the bar area clears the glasses and napkins without seeing a note on them so it went in the trash (although hopefully all trash was carefully checked). No one knows the responsible Kristy actually did possibly leave a note.

Kristy later returns too the VFW-just two of many possible scenarios:

1. All workers have left for the night after the VFW closed earlier when Kristy returns (which means most likely Kristy's phone was left earlier inside in the restroom earlier and she was returning for it) and Kristy runs into someone bad news in the parking lot/area-likely someone she knew and did not think a threat
2. The male cleaner was still on premises when Kristy returns after closing. He lets her in and tells her her bartender friend left. Kristy has been drinking/driving around and asks if she can use the bathroom before she heads out and takes her phone in the bathroom with her-then something happens. But again, police have probably thoroughly swabbed for possibility of a crime scene through the entire VFW.

So puzzling. I do not want to point the finger at the cleaner, but since Kristy's Mom said she was never left without her phone, what if Kristy DID have her phone the entire time and it just got left the last possible time she went back to the VFW (after her car was caught on film) and was possiblly let back in by someone and that is when the phone was left behind-NOT that she left the phone in the bathroom earlier? If Kristy had the phone the entire time when the video was showing her vehicle in motion and then she later went back to the VFW, would the pings prove the phone was with or not with her while her vehicle was spotted in motion, or is there only one tower in Boonville where they could not confirm a GPS tracking on if her phone traveled with the vehicle after she disappeared from the VFW earlier? For example: is the town so small that there is one cell tower off which the phone pings so there is no way to know if the cell phone stayed in the VFW from the time Kristy arrived that night, or can the police tell Kristy left the VFW at a certain time and the phone pings showed the phone in motion with her and then later showed back at the VFW?

Sorry new here to this nearby case and just trying to think of some alternate (although may be very unlikely) options to the very good theories others have already posted here. God Bless her family and friends and community.

I hope you are right about someone telling what they know, but so many cases here have proved otherwise, for years on end...jmo

I haven't ever posted, but being in Illinois, I've followed this case closely. As much as it seems like foul play may be involved, I still wonder if it could have been an accident. With no information, no vehicle, it really
makes me wonder. Possibly she could have been agitated from the "dispute" & possibly drinking, she may have just been upset & left & in that state could have gotten into an accident. JMO. It's all very perplexing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon