IN IN - Kristy Kelley, 27, Boonville, 15 Aug 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BOONVILLE, IN (WFIE) - Friends and family will be searching again Saturday for Kristy Kelley.
The 27-year-old was last seen in Boonville on August 15.
The search will begin at 9:00 a.m. at Studio Bee, 120 Flint Street, Boonville.
They are also looking for boaters with sonar. Please call 812-629-7870.

http://m.14news.com/14news/db/345625/content/tSlhSuDz

Good luck to all the search crews out there today.

I hope you guys find her.

http://m.14news.com/14news/db/345625/content/tSlhSuDz

Good luck to all the search crews out there today.

I hope you guys find her.

A helicopter just flew over Boonville headed north, flying low over Scales Lake. I think it passed Scales and continued to head north.

Not sure if it's related to Kristy, but LE did say they would bring in a helicopter if they had narrowed down the search area.

Are there any rural back roads that are easily flooded in low lying areas near any type of waterway after heavy rains?

Were there any heavy rains in the area a day or two prior to Kristy's disappearance?

Years ago I took a leisurely drive during the day time on a one lane back road in the hills of Kentucky. There wasn't any other traffic on the one lane road and I was driving below the speed limit enjoying the scenery. As I went down hill on a curve, I came to a stop when I saw the one lane back road flooded with water. I don't know how deep it was, but it looked deep. It happened to be at a spot that was next to a lake. I didn't see any of the one land road that you would expect to see from the opposite side of a flooded roadway, so I had drive my vehicle backwards for half a mile to reach a spot to safely turn around.

I believe if anyone else had drove on the same one lane back road that I had at night, it would have been easy to miss a roadway that is flooded near a waterway.

I wouldn't rule out anything at this point. Any thoughts on where an accident might have occurred?

I feel myself leaning towards the accident theory as more time passes. I was thinking last night, what if she decided to go for a drive through the country? Maybe she was upset and wanted some time to think or clear her head. Or maybe the moon was really bright that night and she decided to drive out of town to see it better? I mean, am I the only one who has ever taken a spur-of-the-moment drive out of town, or decided to take the long way home? Maybe she went somewhere out of town, outside of where she was expected to be, and had an accident.

Honestly I cannot get a feel for the area or terrain. I have never been through the Midwest and only know it to be thought of as having lots of fields and flat land.
But I really do not have a clue...but am having a hard time picturing a car-less, random predator being able to overpower her, get control of the car, etc all on the off chance he would happen upon a victim. Jmo

I agree with you 100% on that last part. I'm leaning against abduction at this point as well, unless it was someone she knew and willingly let into her car.

As for the terrain, I think people here the word "Midwest" and automatically think "flat like Kansas." :) But it's not like that here. It's much more hilly and woodsy. We have a variety of terrain here, which is part of what makes it a beautiful place to live.

Are there any rural back roads that are easily flooded in low lying areas near any type of waterway after heavy rains?

Oh yeah. All over the place. Flash flooding on rural back roads is definitely an issue when we get a heavy rain. However, I don't think it had rained that much before Kristy disappeared. It's been unusually cool here this summer, and we've had some rain, but not drastic levels. If there were any flooded roadways, I think they would have been well marked. We did get some big rains AFTER she disappeared, IIRC.

Greeting WS team. My first post on this case. Been following the Erin Corwin case but it has slowed since the arrest of CL. Hope they find this young lady. Appears that LE may not have much at this point. I hope this weekend is successful. Hope to review the previous post so as to get up to speed. Peace.

Greeting WS team. My first post on this case. Been following the Erin Corwin case but it has slowed since the arrest of CL. Hope they find this young lady. Appears that LE may not have much at this point. I hope this weekend is successful. Hope to review the previous post so as to get up to speed. Peace.

Hey Shadetree! Welcome to Kristy's thread. I too hope this weekend search is successful. Kristy's family and her children need some answers.

It seems to me with the terrain there, anything is possible. Yet anything is not possible. Lots of water and stripper pits but unlikely she would have driven/gone into any of those. Wide open spaces to take a drive, but it was late and she needed to get up early for a double shift the next day so that's not likely. She maybe have run into someone she knows outside one of the two bars, but they likely wouldn't have been on foot and they probably wouldn't have harmed her cuz this is Mayberry RFD and Otis puts himself in the jail cell. :) So I dunno. For every idea, there's a good reason why it won't work. JMO. MOO.

A helicopter just flew over Boonville headed north, flying low over Scales Lake. I think it passed Scales and continued to head north.

Not sure if it's related to Kristy, but LE did say they would bring in a helicopter if they had narrowed down the search area.

My family was in Newburgh (same county to south) for a few hours today & there were 2 helicopters that seemed to be searching in an organized fashion. They would go closer to Boonville & then circle back. Not sure if they are searching for KK either but it sure appeared so. I hope they at least find some clues!

I have only read about half the pages in this thread, but has anyone asked/answered the question: "Did she have any history of picking up hitch-hikers?"

I do hope they find some answers, though searchers in a case like this are seldom going to find good news at this point. I do not think she is alive, though, it has been too long and she needs to be found. I still think an accident is possible and that she will probably be found with her car.

I have only read about half the pages in this thread, but has anyone asked/answered the question: "Did she have any history of picking up hitch-hikers?"

I wonder if anyone even admits to that anymore, if they do. I have not seen a hitch hiker in years...but I can't imagine a woman picking up anyone at two in the morning unless she knew the person fairly well.

[B said:
Seajay;10929618]Hey Shadetree! [/B]Welcome to Kristy's thread. I too hope this weekend search is successful. Kristy's family and her children need some answers.

It seems to me with the terrain there, anything is possible. Yet anything is not possible. Lots of water and stripper pits but unlikely she would have driven/gone into any of those. Wide open spaces to take a drive, but it was late and she needed to get up early for a double shift the next day so that's not likely. She maybe have run into someone she knows outside one of the two bars, but they likely wouldn't have been on foot and they probably wouldn't have harmed her cuz this is Mayberry RFD and Otis puts himself in the jail cell. :) So I dunno. For every idea, there's a good reason why it won't work. JMO. MOO.

Hi SeaJay! I saw you made it earlier so thought I would join up. Looks like a few of us made it over here. There are about 3-4 of us from Erin's Thread here. Hope top catch up later tonight. This appears to be a strange disappearance as it is a small community and most know each other. Checked it before supper just to see if any thing surfaced. No luck so far, I guess. Hope this is better than Erin, but that is questionable considering how long she has been missing. Also with two children involved, I have disregarded the possibility she left on her own accord. This crazy stuff has to stop! World ain't what it use to be, sure nuff! Peace.

Heard some interesting news on this case, which I'm sure LE has already checked into.

As you know, I'm a local... and I don't want to step on any toes or start unfounded rumors, but I heard from two very reliable sources today that KK was dating a several people at the time of her disappearance. I also learned what the dispute was about at the VFW. Apparently KK was "flirting" with the male half of the couple she was with. Now, as I said, I heard this from two different people today and I don't want to flame anyone's reputation. Just thought it was interesting.

If things like this aren't allowed on WS, please remove this post. I just know we've all been speculating on what the VFW argument was about and I believe my sources are reliable.

Though suicide seems unlikely, it cannot be ruled out, Imo. There have been at least two moms recently here at WS who took their lives this summer, one with young children like Kristy. You just never know. Jmo

Did they ever bring search dogs into this case? I wonder if the dogs would be able to pick up something in the bathroom of the VFW...and see what door she used to leave. If she would have left from a back door or a door in another part of the building might tell if she was forced by someone. Or if she left from the front door she might have left on her own. Also the dogs might have been able to pick up something in the parking lot of SS. Did they ever use these type of dogs....and if not..wonder if it is too late to do so?

Just saw breaking news that they found Joelle Lockwood alive. I don't know details. I just thought I would share.

Just saw breaking news that they found Joelle Lockwood alive. I don't know details. I just thought I would share.

Omg! This is great news!!! :). Hoping Kristy is next!

Sent from my iPhone

Gee, everyday when I check in I hope to hear some news on Kristy.
I lean towards this being an unfortunate accident but as time goes on and the searches come up empty...well, I have to consider some of the other scenarios mentioned.

This must be so hard for her family. I can not imagine the suffering they must be experiencing.
Prayers that Kristy is brought home soon!

jmo

I am in shock!!! So thankful that Joelle was found. Now....where's Kristy?

Sent from my iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member