IN IN - Kristy Kelley, 27, Boonville, 15 Aug 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! That's awesome!

So happy to hear this, and perhaps it gives hope that Kristy will come home safe!

Someone insinuated that Joelle may have been held against her will. I wonder if that was what all the helicopters were doing near Newburgh? They were over here too though, so who know what they were up to?

Well, I officially have hope again!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone

I am a resident of Warrick County, the same county where Kristy Kelley went missing. Boonville is only 15 minutes away from Newburgh where I live. This case has many women in our county very concerned. The majority of residents in our county are very disappointed and frustrated that the sheriff has not called in the FBI. The FBI is automatically called in with child abductions. However, the FBI will get involved with missing adult cases IF the local law enforcement asks them to do so. The sheriff, Brett Kruse, has even stated in an interview on WFIE Channel 14 that he can call in military reserves to aid in the search for Kristy. However, he stated that since they have "no idea" where to look for her, he has chosen not to call them in to assist.

As many of you have posted that you are frustrated with how the sheriff is not keeping the public updated on their efforts to find Kristy. The vast majority in the Greater Evansville area are also extremely frustrated with this as well. Though, most of us believe that the sheriff's department has, and is, investigating this case to the best of their ability. With that said, as small as our county is, the department simply does not have state-of-the-art investigative tools such as the FBI has. It is mind-boggling to many of us that the family seems to be all right with the FBI not helping.

Boonville is a very small town. Everyone pretty much knows everyone else. Kristy's father is a corrections officer with the county jail. It is speculated that since he has strong ties to the sheriff's department, that he is "mistakenly" putting his full faith in the department to find Kristy. Yet, he pleads for help in finding her on both his and the "Find Kristy" Facebook pages.

There is no reason to NOT ask for the FBI and military reserves to assist. I am a parent, and I would have demanded that help from day one. The Scales family is 100% relying on a limited-resources sheriff's department and local volunteers to find Kristy. The department and these volunteers are working their hearts out to find Kristy. But with so much time going by with absolutely no leads or clues, they desperately need more help; and deserve it by the FBI and reserves being called in! The Ohio River is very large and deep. There are numerous strip mines that are very deep. It is ABSURD that the family and law enforcement are 100% relying on volunteers to scan these bodies of water, and lakes we have in our county. The FBI and reserves SHOULD be the ones leading the search of bodies of water with their state-of-the-art sonar equipment.

We also have countless farms with the corn being extremely high this time of year. It is stunningly shocking how only last week was a drone used to scan the landscape. On top of that, the drone was donated! The FBI should have used their drone from day one. But again, the sheriff refuses to call the FBI in to assist. So, once again, the family is completely relying on everyday citizens to find their daughter by people volunteering to donate drones and boats with sonar.

Sympathy is waning for the family. We read their constant pleas for finding Kristy. It is heart-wrenching to read those posts and hear that on television, and know they are not demanding the FBI and reserves to be called in. I personally cannot believe they would have the assumption that finding Kristy is the responsibility of the community only.

Resentment is building toward them for not doing all they can to find their daughter, but yet go on and on pleading for the community to find her, and not asking for the FBI and reserves to come in. If they are 100% pleased with the sheriff's department investigation, many of us feel that if Kristy is never found, then that is on the family for not demanding professional assistance to help the volunteers. It is truly unbelievable that they have not demanded this by now.

The time is way past due for them to stop asking people to continue to do the same things over and over again expecting a different result!

Kristy, like almost anyone her age, would have NOT have left her phone behind. Sure there is a chance she accidentally left it. However, within seconds as she went to leave; if it was an accident that she left and forgot it, she would have absolutely realized it before she walked out the door. The phone being left strongly points to her leaving that building under duress.

Going back to everyone knowing everyone else in Boonville, this also includes the Boonville Police and the sheriff's department. Many of us feel confident that someone associated with the VFW is involved. But with law enforcement knowing those who were there with Kristy at closing, there is a huge possibility, if not a certainty, that the police would clear them because they "know" them. Someone like the FBI needs to investigate those people without bias. The statistics on cases like this point to the missing person knowing the abductor; either knowing them well, or casually, especially when it happens in a very small town.

Statistics also point to the fact that the longer the person is missing, the more the end result will be tragic. So, again, the family needs to step-up to the plate and forget about worrying about "stepping on the toes of law enforcement," and DEMAND help from outside professionals.

Also, just as mind-boggling, the family has NOT actively searched out a professional search and recovery company like Texas Equusearch. They know their stuff, and have a high success rate in finding missing people. It is unacceptable and shocking that this family pleads for help, but yet does nothing at all to truly do all they can to find her. They believe that relying on local police and volunteers IS doing all they can to find their daughter.

Mind-boggling...

I am a resident of Warrick County, the same county where Kristy Kelley went missing. Boonville is only 15 minutes away from Newburgh where I live. This case has many women in our county very concerned. The majority of residents in our county are very disappointed and frustrated that the sheriff has not called in the FBI. The FBI is automatically called in with child abductions. However, the FBI will get involved with missing adult cases IF the local law enforcement asks them to do so. The sheriff, Brett Kruse, has even stated in an interview on WFIE Channel 14 that he can call in military reserves to aid in the search for Kristy. However, he stated that since they have "no idea" where to look for her, he has chosen not to call them in to assist.

As many of you have posted that you are frustrated with how the sheriff is not keeping the public updated on their efforts to find Kristy. The vast majority in the Greater Evansville area are also extremely frustrated with this as well. Though, most of us believe that the sheriff's department has, and is, investigating this case to the best of their ability. With that said, as small as our county is, the department simply does not have state-of-the-art investigative tools such as the FBI has. It is mind-boggling to many of us that the family seems to be all right with the FBI not helping.

Boonville is a very small town. Everyone pretty much knows everyone else. Kristy's father is a corrections officer with the county jail. It is speculated that since he has strong ties to the sheriff's department, that he is "mistakenly" putting his full faith in the department to find Kristy. Yet, he pleads for help in finding her on both his and the "Find Kristy" Facebook pages.

There is no reason to NOT ask for the FBI and military reserves to assist. I am a parent, and I would have demanded that help from day one. The Scales family is 100% relying on a limited-resources sheriff's department and local volunteers to find Kristy. The department and these volunteers are working their hearts out to find Kristy. But with so much time going by with absolutely no leads or clues, they desperately need more help; and deserve it by the FBI and reserves being called in! The Ohio River is very large and deep. There are numerous strip mines that are very deep. It is ABSURD that the family and law enforcement are 100% relying on volunteers to scan these bodies of water, and lakes we have in our county. The FBI and reserves SHOULD be the ones leading the search of bodies of water with their state-of-the-art sonar equipment.

We also have countless farms with the corn being extremely high this time of year. It is stunningly shocking how only last week was a drone used to scan the landscape. On top of that, the drone was donated! The FBI should have used their drone from day one. But again, the sheriff refuses to call the FBI in to assist. So, once again, the family is completely relying on everyday citizens to find their daughter by people volunteering to donate drones and boats with sonar.

Sympathy is waning for the family. We read their constant pleas for finding Kristy. It is heart-wrenching to read those posts and hear that on television, and know they are not demanding the FBI and reserves to be called in. I personally cannot believe they would have the assumption that finding Kristy is the responsibility of the community only.

Resentment is building toward them for not doing all they can to find their daughter, but yet go on and on pleading for the community to find her, and not asking for the FBI and reserves to come in. If they are 100% pleased with the sheriff's department investigation, many of us feel that if Kristy is never found, then that is on the family for not demanding professional assistance to help the volunteers. It is truly unbelievable that they have not demanded this by now.

The time is way past due for them to stop asking people to continue to do the same things over and over again expecting a different result!

Kristy, like almost anyone her age, would have NOT have left her phone behind. Sure there is a chance she accidentally left it. However, within seconds as she went to leave; if it was an accident that she left and forgot it, she would have absolutely realized it before she walked out the door. The phone being left strongly points to her leaving that building under duress.

Going back to everyone knowing everyone else in Boonville, this also includes the Boonville Police and the sheriff's department. Many of us feel confident that someone associated with the VFW is involved. But with law enforcement knowing those who were there with Kristy at closing, there is a huge possibility, if not a certainty, that the police would clear them because they "know" them. Someone like the FBI needs to investigate those people without bias. The statistics on cases like this point to the missing person knowing the abductor; either knowing them well, or casually, especially when it happens in a very small town.

Statistics also point to the fact that the longer the person is missing, the more the end result will be tragic. So, again, the family needs to step-up to the plate and forget about worrying about "stepping on the toes of law enforcement," and DEMAND help from outside professionals.

Also, just as mind-boggling, the family has NOT actively searched out a professional search and recovery company like Texas Equusearch. They know their stuff, and have a high success rate in finding missing people. It is unacceptable and shocking that this family pleads for help, but yet does nothing at all to truly do all they can to find her. They believe that relying on local police and volunteers IS doing all they can to find their daughter.

Mind-boggling...
I agree with everything u said. Her father should not be running these searches... Let's call in the big dogs! Too much time is passing!

Sheriff Kruse's silence makes it appear he is clueless and, too, makes it appear his department isn't doing anything. Of course they are doing things, but with the sheriff not communicating to the public, it looks like he has no idea what to do! He doesn't have to state specifics, but he just isn't making ANY statements at all! Yes, bring in the BIG DOGS! They may not find her, either. However, the Scales family will never know unless they TRY!! UNACCEPTABLE!

Welcome, Warrick County. Thank you for your insight.

Mind-boggling...

Oh my gosh...my mind was just spinning reading this. I will keep this short but just want to say that I just completely, absolutely support what you are saying about calling in the most highly trained, experienced pros to get involved/actively direct efforts to investigate and search for Kristy. The more manpower, expertise and resources the better! Absolutely, and no time to waste!

Mind-boggling...

I find your post interesting. I've wondered if this is the first time she has ever been gone... I will agree that a small town investigation would be very biased. You raise a very good point. I feel that local LE should consult with experts if they have leads because time is ticking and evidence is easier to find if investigation done thoroughly early on. Being I don't know what info they have- I really can't guess why they haven't or that they haven't consulted with experts. Two men that were trained to do searches from out of town did come help. They did use dogs as well and unsure obviously on the details of where they took them.

Well i have to say i agree 100%. I have seen countless people on that FB page saying "call TE" and "call the FBI"..I have to ask why they haven't yet myself? Also the comment about the people from the VFW i kinda wondered since it was such a small town how well the police knew these people or even if they hung out there themselves sometimes. I still have faith though! They found Joelle! Im so hoping with everything in me for those kids that she is found and even if it's the worst which i hope it's not at least those kids will know and not have to go to sleep every night wondering "where is my mommy".

FBI needs reason to come in, and at this point I don't know if they do or don't have that, I can't imagine them not if it was an option though. Don't know if TE has been called, but KlaasKIDS was called and is actively working the case. They have also brought in a variety of other personnel to help in their efforts.

Sarx, I am afraid you are mistaken. The local media is hounding the sheriff for information. If KlaasKIDS was here, it would be all over the news, as well as all over Facebook. Other "personnel" that you are referring to have been one military man, who is retired, who offered his services of coordinating today's sonar search. The other two who came from Kentucky, offered their services, as well. The family nor the sheriff has actively asked any professional searchers to come in. This community is watching this case like hawks.

If KlaasKids has put out a flyer with one of their case #'s on it, then they are working on it.

And not saying it is the case here at all, but sometimes, the smaller the community, the tighter the lips, especially if foul play is a possibility. It's a necessity in order to keep critical information quiet.

Also, the FBI can, and will, come in to assist, but they have to be asked by the local law enforcement. Sheriff Kruse refuses to do that. There is no way that the FBI could come here and it not leak out like an oil strike with so many volunteers being involved in the search. News reports and Facebook posts refer to these FEW professional entities being here ONLY because they, themselves, volunteered to do so because the story has gone national. The Scales family and the sheriff are appearing to be running around in circles not knowing what to do other than asking the community to do the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. I am here. I know this case. And Mr. Scales is employed by the sheriff's department. He either is too concerned about "stepping on toes" to ask the sheriff to bring in the FBI, or, he blindly has complete faith in the sheriff finding his daughter. The same is true in asking for an entity like Equusearch to come in. Enough is enough. This is a human being who has been missing for FAR too long. This is serious stuff, and calls for immediate professional attention. When I called to ask how I could volunteer, one of the things suggested was to post flyers. After 21 days of Kristy being gone, there is practically NO business or light pole that does not have her picture posted. She has been gone too long for posters to be useful in finding her. The greatest chance in finding her, though not a guarantee, is for the resources of the FBI and the manpower of the military reserves to be utilized, and utilized NOW! Enough with the pleas and the posters. Get the professionals in here so that this poor family can have a greater chance of knowing where their sweet daughter is!

If you go to the KlaasKIDS FB page and then find her flyer it should be somewhere on there.

You might be referring to them posting that she is missing on their site. I do remember hearing about that. But as far as having boots on the ground, they are not here. Unfortunately...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214