IN IN - Kristy Kelley, 27, Boonville, 15 Aug 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Plus, IF someone put her in the driver's seat, and then put the car in drive and let it go into the water, that would make sense as far as the person getting back to town quickly so as to appear to not have been gone long to throw off investigators on his or her involvement, as that body of water is not that far from town. If she was put in that water by someone else to make it appear an accident, that person would not be too clever, as water needs to be found in her lungs for it to be an accident. And, on top of her being found within hours of that huge reward, is compelling. How did they know to look in that spot if no one told them to? Again, just my opinion. We'll know soon enough if water was found in her lungs.

But her car, if it was her car on video, shows her headed north on Hwy 62. Why would she head back toward town, and all those businesses, homes... and then be found so far south? It would take a lot of turns to get to that intersection. Again, the ME report will show water in her lungs or not. That is the key to determining accident or foul play. I hope they release a statement about this today. Her phone being left and now her being found so far south... doesn't make sense to me. Just my opinion, though. I'll be glued to the television all day, that's for sure.

But her car, if it was her car on video, shows her headed north on Hwy 62. Why would she head back toward town, and all those businesses, homes... and then be found so far south? It would take a lot of turns to get to that intersection. Again, the ME report will show water in her lungs or not. That is the key to determining accident or foul play. I hope they release a statement about this today. Her phone being left and now her being found so far south... doesn't make sense to me. Just my opinion, though. I'll be glued to the television all day, that's for sure.

I agree... Her location is strange. She went into town and then back out of town and that area she was in is heading out of town unless she was looping around. I'm wondering if she was on her way to perhaps visit someone? I also suspect she was drinking way more than described if it was an accident.

I don't think her being found after the reward was offered is too odd... Because nobody will get it. It was dependent on her coming home safe. Maybe the guy offering it the day she was found is odd.

But, I do find it strange that the minute they brought in professional sonar team she was found. Of all the lakes to search, why that one so quickly? LE knew something that led them to search that lake and I'm guessing that's why they called in professionals. They had narrowed it down.

It would be smart to search any lake that didn't have a large ditch by it near town or trees that would stop a vehicle. Being she called someone on Gemlich (supposidly), maybe this caused them to look in this radius. Or maybe they got a tip. I'm shocked they decided to look there after 30 days of working this case. (If she did know or call someone in vicinity). Glad the family will have closure. Not knowing has to be pure torture. R.I.P Kristyn Kelley. I'm speculating at this point, doesn't pay too. I as well will be glued to my phone for updates.

I'm wondering why they didn't search that lake sooner since it is so close to the street and so close to the location Kristy was last seen. Are there other bodies of water like the one she was found in close to town?

I'm wondering why they didn't search that lake sooner since it is so close to the street and so close to the location Kristy was last seen. Are there other bodies of water like the one she was found in close to town?
Yes there is. Off Hwy 61 there are some right off highway. I think a person doesn't realize how easy a car could go off the road into water. I may have to drive even slower when roads are icy. Just something you don't normally think about. I'm sure there are other plaes as well. I've passed several lakes recently and thought about her and it definitely makes a person more alert to their surroundings.

That's very dangerous... Why isn't there a blockade up?? I live in nj... I'm trying to think if we have bodies of water so close to the street but I'm hoping there is a guardrail or some kind of block up. I will definitely be more careful now. And don't drink and drive!!!

I thought from the start that this would be the outcome (like Terrilynn Monette) but it still came as a shock. At least she has been found reasonably quickly though, rather than years and years later like some of these cars that end up in water.

I wonder what she was doing over there.

Someone on the 14 News FB page stated that they had said there was a passenger in the surveillance videos and pointed to the Brad Byrd interview. I rewatched and they never said anything like that however I did notice something a bit eerie.

In the 10 minute video, water is mentioned twice. One is Brad Byrd telling Todd Scales to let him know if he is "Leading you into waters that you do not want to tread." The second is the family friend saying "Not having travelled these waters, certainly" (speaking about wanted to help with the search effort but not having any experience in this before).

I doubt it means anything but it's kind of creepy to me.

Wow. Sad news. RIP Kristy. So sad for her family :(

I had a strong feeling from the very beginning that she would be found in water, with her car. IMO it was the most plausible scenario. Occams razor...

I think alcohol played a major role in this incident and I only hope others will realize that as well and decide NOT to drink and drive in the future.

If you go to a bar and have more than 2 drinks you are most likely over the limit.

But there are so many roads that she could have taken to go back for her phone. Why would she be so far south of Boonville?

Well............I don't know. I thought initially that maybe she had offered to give somebody a ride home that night, of course I thought the person that got the ride might have been responsible for her disappearance. In a sad sort of way.....that could still sort of apply. It seems as though maybe she was either unfamiliar with that stretch of road or was too drunk to be thinking clearly. It's pretty obvious to me that she just shot right past the stop sign and just kept going forward, probably at full speed. Now that they know where she was found, it might be a lot easier to figure out why she was in that area. A friend lived around there, maybe the ex-husband has a house down that way and she was doing a drive-by to check on things, she gave somebody a ride that hasn't come forward out of fear ?? I don't know.

I think she was about to turn right onto Yankeetown road and head back into town though. She just missed the stop sign. I think we can all agree that she probably wasn't texting or talking on the phone though.

Wow. Sad news. RIP Kristy. So sad for her family :(

I had a strong feeling from the very beginning that she would be found in water, with her car. IMO it was the most plausible scenario. Occams razor...

I think alcohol played a major role in this incident and I only hope others will realize that as well and decide NOT to drink and drive in the future.

If you go to a bar and have more than 2 drinks you are most likely over the limit.

I agree! According to this calculator, even at 3 beers in 3 hours, she would have been at 0.05 BAC. If she had more than that, something stronger, or drank it later in the evening as opposed to earlier, she would have been more drunk. Not to mention that if she was on a diet, especially a low carb diet, she could have been more sensitive to alcohol than usual.

Yep, something led them to search in the exact spot, as she sure was found so fast after that search team got into town. Something is amiss... Again, I'll be eager to hear if she had water in her lungs. Just speculation, of course... but that reward could have been what it took to get that one person who knew something to come forward. The police just found her, so, maybe they aren't ready to release anything about someone coming forward. Though, our sheriff did say that at this point, foul play isn't suspected. But so many strange things; phone let at VFW, her travelling north, and then all the way through town to go back south so far away from town. Especially if she went into the water past that pole. That means she had to be travelling west on Mt. Gilead Road. So, she had to go all the way north on Hwy 62, all the way back south, then all the way back east to get to Mt. Gilead Road to be travelling west on it to have gone through the intersection of Yankeetown Road into that water; IF that is the water she was found in, as there are other bodies of water around that intersection. Hummm.....

I agree... Her location is strange. She went into town and then back out of town and that area she was in is heading out of town unless she was looping around. I'm wondering if she was on her way to perhaps visit someone? I also suspect she was drinking way more than described if it was an accident.

I don't think her being found after the reward was offered is too odd... Because nobody will get it. It was dependent on her coming home safe. Maybe the guy offering it the day she was found is odd.

But, I do find it strange that the minute they brought in professional sonar team she was found. Of all the lakes to search, why that one so quickly? LE knew something that led them to search that lake and I'm guessing that's why they called in professionals. They had narrowed it down.

Good point about giving someone a ride. Or, the ex living that way. Interesting...

Well............I don't know. I thought initially that maybe she had offered to give somebody a ride home that night, of course I thought the person that got the ride might have been responsible for her disappearance. In a sad sort of way.....that could still sort of apply. It seems as though maybe she was either unfamiliar with that stretch of road or was too drunk to be thinking clearly. It's pretty obvious to me that she just shot right past the stop sign and just kept going forward, probably at full speed. Now that they know where she was found, it might be a lot easier to figure out why she was in that area. A friend lived around there, maybe the ex-husband has a house down that way and she was doing a drive-by to check on things, she gave somebody a ride that hasn't come forward out of fear ?? I don't know.

I think she was about to turn right onto Yankeetown road and head back into town though. She just missed the stop sign. I think we can all agree that she probably wasn't texting or talking on the phone though.

wasn't expecting to see this here this morning :( RIP, so glad they were able to locate her and give the family some closure.

That video was so grainy, you can't even see the driver.

Someone on the 14 News FB page stated that they had said

there was a passenger in the surveillance videos and pointed to the Brad Byrd interview. I rewatched and they never said anything like that however I did notice something a bit eerie.

In the 10 minute video, water is mentioned twice. One is Brad Byrd telling Todd Scales to let him know if he is "Leading you into waters that you do not want to tread." The second is the family friend saying "Not having travelled these waters, certainly" (speaking about wanted to help with the search effort but not having any experience in this before).

I doubt it means anything but it's kind of creepy to me.

Good point about giving someone a ride. Or, the ex living that way. Interesting...

Hell...she had been drinking and was sort of in a partying mood.......maybe she just wanted to drive around for awhile and jam out to her newest CD.

Chances are we may never know all the answers.

The ex lives within a couple of blocks of her parents.

Yes! But, it wouldn't be unheard of for Kristy to be out that way (in the area she was found). Pure speculation but she does have a friend that lives near the area she was found. Doing a drive by or going to the house to see the friend makes absolute sense to me for her to be in that area.

Either way, it's tragic news.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE
Back