IN IN - Kristy Kelley, 27, Boonville, 15 Aug 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OT: I'm a former Texas boy, so I've felt like we have something in common. I've met a lot of great people on WS. That's the positive side of the heartbreak.

OT: Hey...former or not, you can always claim Texas! ;) I was thinking the same thing. I have met some really nice people on this case that I wouldn't have met otherwise. It is the only positive thing I can find in this case. Other than the fact that we have closure.

Rest sweetly Kristy. I have come here every day since you left us all. The first thing I check is to see how many new pages/posts there are since the day before. I always thought that due to how this case moved slowly, that if I ever came here and found several new pages, we would know what happened to you. And now, we do. I was drawn to your case and to finding you. I hope all your loved-ones will remember the joyful moments in the fullness of time. But for now, they must grieve your absence. One light, from this world...now into the next.

I'm not trying to add to the confusion here, but I drove by that intersection this morning. There is a set of skid marks there, but they are north of the intersection. I'm not sure if they are from Kristy's vehicle or not, but what I saw were two sets of skid marks, which would indicate an almost sideways skid. My guess if they were hers, is that she was traveling southbound, and likely swerved to miss a deer or other animal, and then overcorrected and ended up in the lake. Again, this is purely speculation on my part.

Do you know nothing about us by now? We add to our own confusion simply by analyzing everything to the Nth degree? LOL. ;)

I've really appreciated all your insight in this case (all the locals have helped so much), and even though the end news is so sad, please keep giving us your thoughts/insights. You are not confusing us.

But her car, if it was her car on video, shows her headed north on Hwy 62. Why would she head back toward town, and all those businesses, homes... and then be found so far south? It would take a lot of turns to get to that intersection. Again, the ME report will show water in her lungs or not. That is the key to determining accident or foul play. I hope they release a statement about this today. Her phone being left and now her being found so far south... doesn't make sense to me. Just my opinion, though. I'll be glued to the television all day, that's for sure.

With all due respect, water in the lungs or the absence of it doesn't necessarily tell whether it was an accident.

If a person is drugged, knocked unconscious, or passed out from too much alcohol, and then they are put in a car and pushed into the water, it would have the same effect as if she had just driven into the water by accident.

In addition, if there was foul play and she was already dead when she went into the water, it's my understanding that the lungs can fill up anyway just from being submerged for a period of time.

Not an expert, just what I've read here and other places.

So very sad Kristy's story ended this way. I have enjoyed the conversations & speculations on WS. You all definitely helped me cope with this tragedy. I will stick around because I am hooked now. Not sure which story I will delve into next but thank you all for helping me cope with this one so close to home. I pray her family can have peace.

I wonder what happens to the lungs filling up with water if the person was strangled or suffocated?

So we should at least hear in the news it was an accident or an ongoing investigation. Right?

This case reminds me of a young college girl that disappeared after leaving friends in a bar. I cant remember her name but this was 2-3 years ago. She had taken a wrong turn and drove off in a river or lake. She was found still in her seat belt. I think she was an Asian girl?

so sad. heartbroken
thanks to all who were here
Christina Morris --23--in Texas is still missing if anyone wants to come over there. another mysterious case

"Shades of Terrilynn". The first post I made in this thread.

She may have gotten lost too. That road appears to be downhill toward the lake so she may have picked up some speed on the way down. This is an all too often occurrence with young people out late drinking.

She may have gotten lost too. That road appears to be downhill toward the lake so she may have picked up some speed on the way down. This is an all too often occurrence with young people out late drinking.

That's kind of what I'm thinking, that she got lost. There was talk that she may have gone to visit someone on Gemlich. Maybe she came down Pelzer and made a right onto Mt. Gilead instead of going down another road and making a left on Gemlich. If she thought she was coming down Rockport Rd instead of Pelzer, she would have needed to take a right to get on Gemlich.

Interesting... I am headed that way after work today. I'll be aware of looking for that now that you mention it. Were there any investigators there when you were there? If so, local or State Police?

I'm not trying to add to the confusion here, but I drove by that intersection this morning. There is a set of skid marks there, but they are north of the intersection. I'm not sure if they are from Kristy's vehicle or not, but what I saw were two sets of skid marks, which would indicate an almost sideways skid. My guess if they were hers, is that she was traveling southbound, and likely swerved to miss a deer or other animal, and then overcorrected and ended up in the lake. Again, this is purely speculation on my part.

Jmo I am not seeing foul play at this point. No one likes to see a tragic accident result in the death of a young person but so often, that is exactly what happened. I kind of went with accident due to her car not being found all along, just like with Terrilynn. As far as I know, most people who die in their twenties are probably due to some kind of accident.

If skid marks were present all along, considering all the awareness and searching that has taken place, I'm surprised nobody reported them earlier. They'd be a big clue an accident may have occurred. Especially since the possibility of Kristy's car leaving the road into a stripper pit has been a suspected theory all along. Wouldn't skid marks alert to searching the nearby water earlier?

Don't really have a point other than if there was a clue all along, how had it been missed?
We don't know the exact body of water yet. How much turf distance wise is there from the road to water? No disruption present (another clue) there?

In another case, a young woman was leaving a similar venue (VFW type) after attending a wedding. Shorty after leaving, on the road one would obviously drive, there is a sharp curve without a guard rail (at the time). Can't recall the length of time that lapsed before she was found (too long considering the obvious problem - both woman and car missing) she was located underwater in that dangerous spot. But the accident made complete sense - obvious route, no guard rail present, leaving a wedding (drinking involved), etc.
Always the skeptic, Kristy's case isn't as straight forward imo.

My heart hurts thinking about Kristy's young children losing their mother so soon.

The autopsy was being performed this morning. How will they handle the report if results aren't clear I wonder.

If skid marks were present all along, considering all the awareness and searching that has taken place, I'm surprised nobody reported them earlier. They'd be a big clue an accident may have occurred. Especially since the possibility of Kristy's car leaving the road into a stripper pit has been a suspected theory all along. Wouldn't skid marks alert to searching the nearby water earlier?

Don't really have a point other than if there was a clue all along, how had it been missed?
We don't know the exact body of water yet. How much turf distance wise is there from the road to water? No disruption present (another clue) there?

In another case, a young woman was leaving a similar venue (VFW type) after attending a wedding. Shorty after leaving, on the road one would obviously drive, there is a sharp curve without a guard rail (at the time). Can't recall the length of time that lapsed before she was found (too long considering the obvious problem - both woman and car missing) she was located underwater in that dangerous spot. But the accident made complete sense - obvious route, no guard rail present, leaving a wedding (drinking involved), etc.
Always the skeptic, Kristy's case isn't as straight forward imo.

My heart hurts thinking about Kristy's young children losing their mother so soon.

The autopsy was being performed this morning. How will they handle the report if results aren't clear I wonder.
I wondered that as well. One thing I can say is that t he marks I saw are in the middle of the road and don't appear to lead anywhere. I didn't pay any attention to them at first. It took me a minute to realize how 4 identical, somewhat s - shaped marks could be made in the first place. Then it dawned on me that this was a sideways skid, and probably an over correction. I'm not certain that's what happened, but it's my gut feeling.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back