IN IN - Kristy Kelley, 27, Boonville, 15 Aug 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Are u not able to exit ur car once submerged in water? Would her seatbelt be off if she was trying to get out?

Are u not able to exit ur car once submerged in water? Would her seatbelt be off if she was trying to get out?

I would imagine it all depends on how hard you hit the water. Had she been conscious and aware, yes, she should have been able to open the door and get out, depending on how the suv ended up. If she entered at low speed, say 20-30 MPH, or if she hit her brakes prior to hitting the water, then I would think she might have been in decent shape to try and get out. The suv may have also twisted over on its side as well. The worst scenario would be if it went in nose first and then turned upside down and sank. All of this in pitch black darkness.

After having seen the stretch of road she was most likely driving down to get into that position: I think she was traveling at full highway speed, zipped right by the stop sign and telephone pole at 50-60 MPH, went airborne a couple of seconds, and literally drove nose first right into the water beyond. The impact with the water would have been tremendous, almost like running into a wall.

I pretty much expect the ME to rule that she was alive but unconscious when the suv sank to the bottom of the lake. We are probably going to hear about some head trauma and other lacerations, but I'm guessing the cause of death will be ruled "drowning".

If submerged, water pressure is too great to open a door. Best bet is to try to break a window or wait for water to fill the vehicle and pressure to equalize so doors will open.

I was in a rollover that landed at the bottom of a body of water. I could not open the door because of the pressure of the water. The car filled with water almost immediately. Someone saw it and ran down the hill and broke a window and pulled me out. Perhaps this will help everyone worried about Kristy's final moments--I was too in shock to feel pain. I felt fear, but no pain. At least not for a while. I was also told I was unconscious but I do not remember it that way.

I was in a rollover that landed at the bottom of a body of water. I could not open the door because of the pressure of the water. The car filled with water almost immediately. Someone saw it and ran down the hill and broke a window and pulled me out. Perhaps this will help everyone worried about Kristy's final moments--I was too in shock to feel pain. I felt fear, but no pain. At least not for a while. I was also told I was unconscious but I do not remember it that way.
Aw that sounds scarey. Glad u came out alive!

Bless your heart, "klily." So glad you were rescued. Above all else, your story, this one on Kristy, and other difficult ones we immerse ourselves in on WS also have special ways of reminding me just how many kind, helpful, courageous people are still in this world.

Wow! I am so thankful to hear that it was an accident. Somehow, it brings me a little bit of relief to hear that there wasn't foul play involved. I hope that her family will find some comfort in that. I'm sure MANY scenarios ran through their mind over the past month. I just pray that she didn't feel any pain.

I will be praying for KK's family & friends. RIP beautiful Kristy! :heartbeat:

Bless your heart, "klily." So glad you were rescued. Above all else, your story, this one on Kristy, and other difficult ones we immerse ourselves in on WS also have special ways of reminding me just how many kind, helpful, courageous people are still in this world.

Awe, thank you. This is one of the two threads where I really felt a sense of unity and connection. Thank you guys!!!

Ouch. Makes it more real. :(
But I think I needed to see that.

I'm really surprised there wasn't more damage to the car!! In a sense it makes me feel better than seeing a twisted piece of metal...The whole thing is just awful though.

She went in nose first-------at a high rate of speed. Note the crushed front grill and hood.

Attachments

• kelleycar1.jpg
    kelleycar1.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 186

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members