Found Deceased IN - Kyran Holland, 1, Kyannah Holland, 2, Kyle Moorman II, 5, & dad, Kyle Moorman, 27, Indianapolis, 6 Jul 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can't imagine Kyle would venture this far if he intended to go to Bluff & Troy but we do have 2 large reservoirs between Indy & where I live - Morse and Geist. Both are very popular and have boat ramps. It's possible but I don't think it's very probable.

Just throwing it out there but if foul play is at hand there would have to be a motive I can't imagine car jacking would turn into taking the life of a grown man and 3 small children, that is a lot of commitment to steal a car, but there are some people just that awful in this world. I lean more towards an accident of some sort and I'm not sure of his mental state but that could play a roll in what happened. Did law enforcement do a search of the route he would have taken to go from his home to the lake and his brothers? That lake should be looked at as well LE needs to get some boats/divers in there.

Per a missing FB for the family it is not a public lake and there are police there.

delete if needed.
Did find I think it's his aunt's FB and it appears they are gaining traction with police help in searching the area.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about the water at Bluff & Troy as I haven't been down that way in a while. White River runs from up by where I live (actually starts further up) and runs through Indy then continues on. There are also many subdivisions all around Indy with retaining ponds, as well as industrial complexes and various other places that have retaining ponds. Driving in an unfamiliar area at night can lead to ending up in one of those.
I actually have a small fishing pond across the street from me. I live about 15 min south of Troy and bluff. Very late Saturday night (around 11) there were people with headlamps on walking around the pond. I now wonder if they were searching for Kyle and the children.

ADMIN NOTE:

New member @Indy22 will be joining the discussion of this case. Tricia has approved them as a Verified Insider.

As a VI, Indy22 is not required to provide links for what they state as fact in this discussion. Please treat them with respect at all times. It is always up to members to decide how much weight to assign to information provided, so if there is something you disagree with, just scroll and roll without challenging them or bickering with them at all.

Is it odd that the bottle was found by the lake but no tire tracks? Could it be as simple as he parked in a spot where tracks wouldn't necessarily be left?
Or perhaps the bottle belonged to someone else entirely. I'm sure the same type of bottles are used by many people. I'm hoping against hope that the car isn't in the lake..............

I find it interesting that a comment was made that “the mother was NEVER in the picture”.

As of a year ago she was (youngest was born a year ago) and we 2 other children under 5. So mom, may not have been engaged or a great mom but she kept having children with the father so she was “around”.

I feel like we are not getting the entire story. I understand the family is distraught and that the father fought for custody and this is out of character but I’ve heard that many times before.

Wonder if mom has a new BF and she decided she wanted her kids back.

That could set off a whole set of things that would cause someone to do things that weren’t normal.

Just thinking out loud.

MOO
I hope so. That would be the best case scenario in re to the kids being found safe IMO.

Hi everyone. Thank you for your interest in finding this family. Friend of Kyle’s sister here, posting w/her knowledge. I don’t know Kyle but I was w/the family today helping with the search. It was not a large or organized search. Today Indianapolis police were at the lake w/the family—two detectives and a drone operator. It sounds like there are a total of 6 Indianapolis PD detectives currently working the case and the FBI will be assisting with a dive team tomorrow. I believe Tricia may have a family member on her webcast this evening.

A $10,000 reward is being offered for information that leads to finding Kyle and/or the kids.

I want to get caught up on the thread and then I’ll return to try to answer the questions I can. Feel free to tag me @Indy22 w/questions I may be able to answer. In the meantime please know I have no interest in discussing the frequency, wisdom or lack thereof of fishing at night w/3 small children. Three kids and their Dad are missing and finding them is my only priority.

Key is finding Kyle’s car which has still not been located. If you have friends in the Indianapolis area please ask them to be on the lookout for a black 2009 Saab Sedan w/temporary tags, tinted rear windows and a “donut” (spare) tire. If it is spotted please call Indianapolis police. I’ll edit this post to add the phone number once I confirm.

Hi everyone. Thank you for your interest in finding this family. Friend of Kyle’s sister here, posting w/her knowledge. I don’t know Kyle but I was w/the family today helping with the search. It was not a large or organized search. Today Indianapolis police were at the lake w/the family—two detectives and a drone operator. It sounds like there are a total of 6 Indianapolis PD detectives currently working the case and the FBI will be assisting with a dive team tomorrow. I believe Tricia may have a family member on her webcast this evening.

A $10,000 reward is being offered for information that leads to finding Kyle and/or the kids.

I want to get caught up on the thread and then I’ll return to try to answer the questions I can. Feel free to tag me @Indy22 w/questions I may be able to answer. In the meantime please know I have no interest in discussing the frequency, wisdom or lack thereof of fishing at night w/3 small children. Three kids and their Dad are missing and finding them is my only priority.

Key is finding Kyle’s car which has still not been located. If you have friends in the Indianapolis area please ask them to be on the lookout for a black 2009 Saab Sedan w/temporary tags, tinted rear windows and a “donut” (spare) tire. If it is spotted please call Indianapolis police. I’ll edit this post to add the phone number once I confirm.
Welcome to Websleuths @Indy22
I only wish it was under different circumstances. I'm praying that somehow Kyle and the children are found safe.

“The two girls he was texting on his phone while he was going fishing said he was supposed to send them a picture, but his phone went dead and that he couldn’t get out of the car because the kids were asleep,” said Hayes.
From left to right: 27-year-old Kyle Moorman, 5-year-old Kyle Moorman II, 2-year-old Kyannah...

Monday afternoon, family and friends searched more fishing spots on the east side of Indianapolis. “We’ve searched every place we could think. There’s not a fishing hole or a pay lake, creek that we have not been to and looked,” said Natasha Hayes, Kyle Moorman’s biological mother.

“Normally, he wouldn’t take all of the kids and he was to supposed to have met with his brother and my oldest two granddaughters were going to babysit the youngest two. He never made it to his brother’s house,” said Hayes.

Hi Indy
Welcome to Websleuths. Good job gaining traction with your searches and now a reward. I really hope you find some good answers soon. I think the reason why the night fishing with three small children is being discussed so much is because we are wondering about his state of mind when he went out. Like, was it a normal occurrence for him to do this, was the children asleep and he decided to go, did they wake up beforehand, why didn’t he pack any diapers and said no to them being fed? Was he happy, mad or looked stressed?
Did anyone suggest to leave the kids so they could just watch them that night and if yes, what was the reason he turned the offer down?

It changes the places to look depending on what went down before he left.
Also if the fact that the youngest was only 1, but he has sole custody -
that’s rare with children so small, and they had three kids under 5, so they must have had some kind of co-parenting relationship beforehand, but now she’s just not in the picture and all? Her three kids is missing, but not a peep? Could she have taken them?

Kyle’s sister was able to access his phone information and the pond where the foot search has been is the last place his phone pinged. It was believed to mark a 1.5 mile radius but today LE indicated the range would be 3 miles in any direction. That opens the door to quite a few other similar bodies of water. I’ll try to upload a couple of maps and pictures that might be helpful.

The pond itself isn’t terribly big but it has many nooks and crannies. I haven’t gotten this confirmed but several people familiar w/the area believe it was an old quarry that’s now full of water. These quarry ponds can be quite deep—100 feet or more I’m told and they drop off quickly.

It’s off the beaten path but plenty of people know about it as there’s trash and make-shift campsites scattered around the water. However to access many of them you have to find a break in the brush where paths have been forged to get to the water. The family pointed out where Kyle would park when fishing there and it’s a concrete pad close to the entrance. It has a pretty steep decent to the water and it’s been speculated perhaps a child knocked the car out of park and the car rolled in. There’s some sign of algae being knocked off rocks at the water’s edge and a board that’s been bent but if a car went in there’s only one strip of disturbed algae not inconsistent w/what the bow of a boat might do.

The family is convinced the baby bottle discovered near that pad yesterday belongs to one of the children as Kyle’s Mom (sister?) recognized it as the bottle she’d made for the baby earlier that evening. Also discovered was a pair of childs pants believed to belong to one of kids.

There is so much trash there it will be a nightmare to investigate as a crime scene should it come to that. There are signs that a number of homeless/vagrants have been camping around the lake. It’s believed they scattered when LE started pokimg around but hopefully haven’t gone far and may have seen something helpful.

Locals at the site today indicated it’s not the best neighborhood, with nearby baitshop gossip including reports of shootings and “some guy who steals children”. The police are said to be checking into those leads but I don’t know that the info is very reliable.

There are some spots along the road Kyle is suspected of travelling that have steep shoulders leading into ravines and creeks not necessarily visible from the road. Family and friends are searching his possible routes with the theory that he went off the road for some reason.
I apologize for the long post but I’m not sure what info might be of interest.

“The two girls he was texting on his phone while he was going fishing said he was supposed to send them a picture, but his phone went dead and that he couldn’t get out of the car because the kids were asleep,” said Hayes.
From left to right: 27-year-old Kyle Moorman, 5-year-old Kyle Moorman II, 2-year-old Kyannah...

Monday afternoon, family and friends searched more fishing spots on the east side of Indianapolis. “We’ve searched every place we could think. There’s not a fishing hole or a pay lake, creek that we have not been to and looked,” said Natasha Hayes, Kyle Moorman’s biological mother.

“Normally, he wouldn’t take all of the kids and he was to supposed to have met with his brother and my oldest two granddaughters were going to babysit the youngest two. He never made it to his brother’s house,” said Hayes.

“The two girls he was texting on his phone while he was going fishing said he was supposed to send them a picture, but his phone went dead and that he couldn’t get out of the car because the kids were asleep,” said Hayes.”

Pondering the phone -
•Kyle’s phone died because it needed to be charged and he did not have a car charger.

•Someone turned off Kyle’s phone while he was in the middle of texting two people.

•Kyle’s phone was shut off by Kyle.
He didn’t want to send a picture and turned off the phone? He wanted his location to remain private?

•A picture of what? Kyle? His children? The lake? Fish?

JMO

Hi Indy
Welcome to Websleuths. Good job gaining traction with your searches and now a reward. I really hope you find some good answers soon. I think the reason why the night fishing with three small children is being discussed so much is because we are wondering about his state of mind when he went out. Like, was it a normal occurrence for him to do this, was the children asleep and he decided to go, did they wake up beforehand, why didn’t he pack any diapers and said no to them being fed? Was he happy, mad or looked stressed?
Did anyone suggest to leave the kids so they could just watch them that night and if yes, what was the reason he turned the offer down?

It changes the places to look depending on what went down before he left.
Also if the fact that the youngest was only 1, but he has sole custody -
that’s rare with children so small, and they had three kids under 5, so they must have had some kind of co-parenting relationship beforehand, but now she’s just not in the picture and all? Her three kids is missing, but not a peep? Could she have taken them?
I completely get why people are wondering about his state of mind. The family appears convinced that he was completely “normal” in the hours/days leading up to the disappearance. That said, most of us probably remember cases plenty of cases where the family saw no signs when a loved one was experiencing considerable duress. Since I never met him I can’t speculate—only report what I’ve been told.

Regarding the birth mother, WS TOS prevent me from commenting too much but I will say I’ve been told she has a long history of drug addiction and criminal behavior that often accompanies severe addition. I agree it’s an avenue that warrants investigation and know LE has been given her name. It can be frustrating to families of the missing that LE doesn’t always share what they are working on and for good reason. My hope is LE is making that investigation a priority.

Attachments

• 84D0299D-D753-44E1-A84C-A9DBDDE9422E.png
    84D0299D-D753-44E1-A84C-A9DBDDE9422E.png
    318.4 KB · Views: 41
Here’s a map the lake zoomed out so you can see other bodies of water nearby. Or not. Can somebody tell me how to compress pics on an iphone. Also, how to upload videos if that’s possible.

Here’s a map the lake zoomed out so you can see other bodies of water nearby. Or not. Can somebody tell me how to compress pics on an iphone. Also, how to upload videos if that’s possible.
Hi and welcome to WS. Your input is invaluable. I use an iPad so it might work similarly. I save my videos to my photos and it’s as simple as copy and paste.

“The two girls he was texting on his phone while he was going fishing said he was supposed to send them a picture, but his phone went dead and that he couldn’t get out of the car because the kids were asleep,” said Hayes.”

Pondering the phone -
•Kyle’s phone died because it needed to be charged and he did not have a car charger.

•Someone turned off Kyle’s phone while he was in the middle of texting two people.

•Kyle’s phone was shut off by Kyle.
He didn’t want to send a picture and turned off the phone? He wanted his location to remain private?

•A picture of what? Kyle? His children? The lake? Fish?

JMO
kyles phone got wet and died.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmeyer