Found Deceased IN - Kyran Holland, 1, Kyannah Holland, 2, Kyle Moorman II, 5, & dad, Kyle Moorman, 27, Indianapolis, 6 Jul 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMPD held a media briefing on missing persons cases Wednesday. Prior to Wednesday’s media briefing, IMPD stated it would not accept questions about the Moorman family.
Respectfully, I think they were trying to cover their butts after their inaction lead to the missing man's sister finding his body.

If there’s one thing I can say to you today ~ it’s thank you, for all you have taught me about your determination, compassion and dignity you’ve shown for this family. I look forward to working with you in future cases.
Wow. Thank you for those amazing, kind words. I greatly appreciate them and look forward to working w/you too.

Yes- that was stated by a family member in early MSM articles. When I read it though, I took it more as saying he wasn't intending to be gone for long, as in if he was planning on taking the kids on a trip or leaving for an extended time with the kids, he wouldn't have left behind the inhaler and extra diapers. But it could be normal for him not to take the med and diapers for an evening out to go fishing, especially if it wasn't that far from home (making it easy to get back home for these items if needed). Just my opinion, or how I interpreted the family's words.
The asthma inhaler does give me pause----when your young child needs an inhaler it happens quickly. Why wouldn't one just take it in the car to have it in case of emergency"?

That is one of the things that makes me wonder if this wasn't totally accidental...
:(

IMO it appears the car went into the water and then sank front end down (the engine being heavy). I think that may be what accounts for the heavy front end damage. At that point, the car may have rolled onto it's roof causing the damage there.
Do we know where he was parked? I am assuming it wasn't on the sandy beach. It must have been on a downward slant over the water for the car to accidentally roll into the water. But I am having a hard time picturing it.

Is there a boat ramp?

Do we know where he was parked? I am assuming it wasn't on the sandy beach. It must have been on a downward slant over the water for the car to accidentally roll into the water. But I am having a hard time picturing it.

Is there a boat ramp?
There is a large concrete slab for parking, I assume, then a smaller concrete "ramp" connected to the larger area. The ramp area actually looks large enough to park on, and I believe that's what Kyle did so he could keep an eye on the kids. The "ramp"does angle downward, but it's not like a boat ramp where you just ease into the water. This having been a quarry once upon a time, at the edge of the concrete, where it meets the water, is a sudden drop. A vehicle would surely turn 90 degrees, and with windows open, would fill and sink quickly nose first (if it were facing that way of course).

Family members and friends slammed cops for not checking the pond sooner.Family members and friends slammed cops for not checking the pond sooner.

Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department confirmed the identity of 27-year-old Kyle Moorman and his three children.
“They should have at least tried,” said William Muse, a relative of Moorman’s mother. bbm

Last edited:
Family members and friends slammed cops for not checking the pond sooner.Family members and friends slammed cops for not checking the pond sooner.

Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department confirmed the identity of 27-year-old Kyle Moorman and his three children.
“They should have at least tried,” said William Muse, a relative of Moorman’s mother. bbm

This is the most darling image of this little family - all decked out in matching Christmas jammies. I think this was a good and loving father whose children were his world.

Edited to add punctuation. :)

On Tuesday night, IMPD were on the southwest side of Indianapolis, searching for Kyle Moorman and his three children, who’d been missing since last week. They were found dead at a nearby lake. The Marion County Coroner’s Office confirmed their identities Wednesday.

IMPD held a media briefing on missing persons cases Wednesday. Prior to Wednesday’s media briefing, IMPD stated it would not accept questions about the Moorman family.

As for missing persons investigations, Commander Thomas says the most valuable information that you can give detectives is accurate information. That’s locations, descriptions, motivations – anything that can be proven and help lead investigators down the right path.

Commander Thomas says one obstacle detectives face is the time frame of a person’s disappearance and the actual missing persons report. If someone is driving a car, they could be out of the state or halfway across the country, says Thomas. Another tricky case is when someone has went missing on purpose.

“There are some circumstances where someone goes missing and doesn’t want to be found,” says Thomas, “and in those case, that person has a right to privacy. We have to respect that. So we may not be able to provide as much information about a location once that person is found.”

Apparently they ignored the baby bottle and the phone ping though....

On Wednesday afternoon, IMPD said investigators had conflicting information regarding the last known location of phone pings for Kyle Moorman, according to a news release, adding credible information about Moorman's cell phone wasn't received until "the afternoon or early evening on Tuesday."

Authorities scheduled dive teams to search two bodies of water Wednesday morning, when daylight would likely be available throughout the search process, according to a news release.

Family search ends in tragedy: Kyle Moorman, three kids mourned by those who knew him best (a good article if someone wants to quickly catch up on the case).

On Wednesday afternoon, IMPD said investigators had conflicting information regarding the last known location of phone pings for Kyle Moorman, according to a news release, adding credible information about Moorman's cell phone wasn't received until "the afternoon or early evening on Tuesday."

Authorities scheduled dive teams to search two bodies of water Wednesday morning, when daylight would likely be available throughout the search process, according to a news release.

Family search ends in tragedy: Kyle Moorman, three kids mourned by those who knew him best (a good article if someone wants to quickly catch up on the case).

i can't imagine that family didn't share this info with LE. Faster reaction would not have saved this family. But a sister should not have had to find her brother's body. And LE is lucky no one was hurt searching on their own. moo.

From your link: On Monday, Mariah Moorman, the missing man's sister, said near the pond was where Kyle Moorman's phone last pinged, about 12:40 a.m. July 7.

The asthma inhaler does give me pause----when your young child needs an inhaler it happens quickly. Why wouldn't one just take it in the car to have it in case of emergency"?

That is one of the things that makes me wonder if this wasn't totally accidental...
:(
Seeing that concrete slab, at the edge of the water, now makes me think the car could have rolled in accidentally. Very tragic and devastating for everyone.

Until or unless we have to face otherwise, I see a dad going night-fishing, bringing along sleeping babies. He didn't leave them somewhere unattended. Maybe the children were sound asleep so he decided against driving onward to his brother's, which would've awakened them needlessly. No battery so no way to call brother. Turned down a meal for the children? Meal = drink, drink = bathroom breaks. Makes decent sense.

If he drove the car right to his preferred fishing spot, he'd be able to keep an eye on the children.

Windows open for ventilation. Windows open to keep an ear out for waking children.

Car starts to roll...

Nightmare.

A series of not-unreasonable decisions resulting in an outcome no one could have predicted. Devastating.

How I wish we could rewind time.

JMO
Do we know what the temperature was that night? What if the windows weren't rolled down? What if they were up until he got back in the car, then he goes jeez it's hot in here and he rolls his window part way down, then discovers it's been too hot for his children in there. How hot would it get in the car at night with the windows up? What would you do if you got back in the car and discovered it had been too hot for your kids and they were deceased? Just speculating, not bashing. Can't make sense of this one. MOO.

I think it is very likely this was just a tragic accident. The parking brake could have failed, or one of the kids could have hit the brake or shifter. The car rolled into the water, Kyle attempted to save the kids and drowned.

Unless the investigation reveals another scenario I feel like an accident is the most likely scenario.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoly1966
Back