IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my point from earlier...I read that she wasn't found on security tapes at eithers of these times... Do they work? They know she was at Smallwood at 2:30, yet no signs of her on video?

Yes, you are right Whatever1. That's why I said LE wants the video to verify statements.

Does it say she actually went into her apartment building? Maybe they are wanting to see if she was in the lobby or on the grounds at all? It seems like they are doubting the stories they have been told.

Listening to the press conference now. Per Lt. Parker:

Lauren went to Kilroy's with friends on Thursday night.

2:30-2:40 she and "one of her buddies", a (male) friend go to Smallwood. Video surveillance shows they entered the building but did not go into her apartment. Video shows they left the building after a little while.

The two walked to the buddy's apartment at the corner of 11th and Morton. They were in there a little while, and then she went into another buddy's apartment a few doors down in the same building. Around 4:30 am she said she was ready to go to her own apartment. The young man watched her walk to 11th and College, and she hasn't been seen since.

http://www.theindychannel.com/video/28157482/index.html

Lt. Parker only mentions two friends with Lauren after she left Kilroy's. The first young man who walked with her to Smallwood and whose apartment she went to first; and the second guy whose apartment she left at 4:30 am. He didn't say anything about meeting up with other friends at Morton and 11th.

He also says video showed her and the first friend enter Smallwood and then leave Smallwood. So, the cameras were working. I'm still puzzled about the battering rams, but I can only surmise that Smallwood was taking their time about responding, and due to the urgency of the situation, LE didn't have time to wait around. Good for LE!

ETA: LE might not have seen videos from all of the cameras on the property.

2:30-2:40 she and "one of her buddies", a (male) friend go to Smallwood. Video surveillance shows they entered the building but did not go into her apartment. Video shows they left the building after a little while.

That tells me she must have went to someone else's apartment.

Maybe. Or they might have gone to sit by a pool or an outside bench or something like that. Or maybe the guy tried to hook up with her somewhere and she wanted to just leave. ???

Sadly,no. Her poor family.

She reminds me of Brittanee Drexel.

I thought today,when watching the presser,they know she's deceased.They had the look of grief and not just worry.She called them everyday and needs her medication everyday with her heart condition.They are looking for a body I am afraid.Her purse was found and she has nothing on her.There is a good reason they suspect foul play.A pretty girl and smart,she had so much to look forward to in life.I hope
they find her so her parents can have some peace

I cannot even imagine what her parents are going through. Searching and calling her name out. It breaks my heart.

Well I'm calling it a night. Hopefully we get good news tomorrow.

http://www.lohud.com/article/201106...rer-held-Scarsdale-police-seize-computer-data

"Spierer and her friend walked to her apartment building but stayed only briefly without going into her apartment. Security cameras captured them entering and leaving. They went a few blocks north to another friend's apartment and, later, to a different apartment in the same building."

"Her keys and purse were later found on the street between the two buildings. Police did not say whether they think she dropped them on her way to visit her friends, or on her walk back home."

Great information in the article, but I am sure some details are being left out as to not compromise facts that may be asked of any perspective perps. There are probably more surveillance cameras in the Smallwood apartment building (possibly on the outside) that management wouldn't give LE. That is disturbing in itself.

Welcome to WS, bgmiller!! So glad you joined us, but what a sad situation. Watching Lauren's dad in the video was heartwrenching.

I agree with you about the other cameras. Can't imagine why the apartment management wouldn't have offered those voluntarily from the start.

Hi all,
Following the story and just wanted to send blessings to Lauren's family and hope for some good news today.

Prayers
Goz

I know a lot have been concerned about the shoes. My guess is that she wore heels and then couldn't walk in them afterwards. She shouldn't have left them, but after a night out, girls tend to walk home/to the car barefoot. Perhaps they hurt her feet. Or maybe she was stumbling too much.

Hey guys, another IU alum here. I hate to hear about things like this happening in Bloomington. FWIW, I too did a lot of the things Lauren did when I was younger - staying out late, hanging out with friends I (maybe) didn't know very well, leaving things at bars, walking late at night, sometimes barefoot. I hate to say it, but my gut feeling is that the combination of her heart condition and alcohol consumption led to some kind of health problem for her late that night. And we all know that drunk people (the friends she was with) can make some really bad decisions, especially when they're panicked. I'm not so sure that she ever started that walk home. :(

Of course, as unlikely as it seems to me, it's still absolutely possible that she did try to walk home and was abducted by someone. Unfortunately, if there was a predator hanging around the area, she probably was the easiest target that time of night, especially walking alone. She is SO tiny. It would be pretty easy for someone to pull her into a car and take off.

Gosh, I just hope someone finds her soon. What a nightmare. :(

Wouldn't there be cameras on some of the buildings near where her purse etc. were found in the street?

I think it's much more likely that Lauren was abducted than it is that her heart condition along with alcohol contributed to her demise.

If she died due to her heart condition they would have found her by now.

I don't understand if this is the case, why people would panic and freak out and hide the body somewhere if she just died due to her heart condition.

I think she was abducted.

Now Bloomington police have stated they're interviewing Lauren's "associates and acquaintances" with polygraphs. :eek:

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81855

They must suspect they're not getting the whole story, right? I wish I knew how many people she was with right before she "walked home." First I heard it was several people, now maybe just one or two men? IMO, I think the MORE people she was with, the LESS likely an accident/coverup scenario would be. I was just really intrigued to hear about the polygraphs ... I wondered if they were getting sketchy stories because everyone was just drunk, but maybe they have reason to believe someone is lying?

One thought that has been circulating in my mind is if she did go off with someone, and suddenly passed because of her heart condition, they may have panicked(perhaps not knowing she had this condition to begin with) and attempted to dispose of her body out of fear...not that that is acceptable in any manner, but a drunk person, who is young on top of it, may react in that manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Louiwebb