IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only problem I have with your dates is that you are not taking into consideration that they probably had a story from HT early on. HT may have told them directly, told JW, or LS's parents. Since she is the one who told it to us - up to and including that the call made from JR's phone at 4:15 was supposedly from LS to DR - we know she must have spoken to the POIs that have been revealed. It's not like she got her info from LE! I don't think there is any reason to believe that they weren't aware of the basic timeline in the first hours after the missing report was filed.
I think everything you cited was the evidence that needed to be collected to verify that basic story that they have had, most likely from day 1.

I understand your problem and let me reply that my problem is that I don't know what te he!! if anything that HT knew.. She wasn't present for ANY OF THE EVENTS so I have serious doubts that she knew anything until talking to the grat pals of hers whom Lauren spent her last hours with..
I am not convinced in any way whatsoever that HT knew any such details to give LE.. Just as many have stated here she sounds as tho she is repeating what she has been told about the entire nights events since she WAS NOT PRESENT..

Therefor with her "account" being only what she's been told I doubt she had anything to tell in the beginning.. That's my problem and that's why I'll stick with what I know for certain.. Not anything according or reliant upon HT.. But that is all jmo, tho.. Some may agree and some may disagree.. Both is fine by me..:)

DR is a male friend that lives at Smallwood and is part of the early scene that night before Riley's. He is also the owner of the # called from JR's phone at 4:15. JR claims it was LS calling to see if DR had LS' phone.

Sorry this is super nitty, but I respect your posts and don't want there to be confusion. Presumably you mean Kilroy's?

I gotta find the article about JW it's driving me nuts..lol

No idea if this source is credible, but it does mention JW has submitted DNA.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Lauren-Spierer

I don't understand why it's so hard for some of you to understand.

1. LS was in the company of another man that night!
under what circumstances does that show anyone that the relationship with her boyfriend was cool????

2. the boyfriend's buddies beat this other guy up
again, this means it wasn't just a guy friend she was with, but someone who was paying her "inappropriate attention" as reported in MSM

^^not inappropriate by LS's eyes, because she continued with him the rest of the night

-----

I don't care whether its been reported LS and JW had problems or not.

I can use my own brain and figure it out! How could it be any more obvious?

That doesn't mean it was JW for sure, it could be JR or an overdose or anything else.

But to say JW is perfect, no reason to suspect him -- foolish, IMO.

I don't appreciate the dig at my intelligence, but anyway...

I'm not saying that JW is totally in the clear, but I do believe it is unfair to say that he turned into some jealous monster and played a part in her disappearance. The BPD know more than we do, and probably have more insight into JW's evening than we think.

I will delete this slightly off-topic, pathetic attempt at humor if I don't get at least 4 thanks (or if a mod says so). But I just can't help wondering ...

:rocker: WHAT WOULD KEN NUNN DO? Call 800-888-HURT! :rocker:

(This case is heartbreaking and I needed a chuckle as to not go insane).

Can't quite "Thank" but I can appreciate the need for some levity and respite from rehashing same old.

Anyone else ever walk into a thread and get the feeling they are surrounded by friends of a POI?

Nah, me either ...

I can promise you that I am in no way friends with POIs, I do have one mutual friend with LS but that's all. If you look at my other posts you'll find someone who has been following this from the beginning. I am a Bloomington resident, but I do not have any direct connections to anyone other than one mutual friend.

Exactly. LE always looks first at husbands, boyfriends, etc. But in this case not only there is nothing to suggest that the b/f was involved, but his actions (trying to find is she was in her apartment next day, looking to find her and notifying her parents) seem to reflect someone really concerned and caring.

Ah, but where you see "concerned and caring" I see "jealous and controlling". Differing POV.

Actually the fact that the parents (and the police) were notified so soon has always seemed odd to me.

Think about it, at that point in time (2-3 pm June 3rd) LS had been missing for less than 24 hours. Her roommate last saw her at 12:30 am that same day.

Putting myself back in my 20-year old shoes, I have to ask myself "Who does that?" :confused:

Re: video of Lauren that LE have whether released or not..

LE have clearly stated on more than one occasion that thy have video of Lauren that they are not releasing, nor are they going to release where it showed lauren to be at, with whom, nor what time..

LE has told us they do have video of Lauren that they are not releasing nor discussing with the public..

They do have video, but none after 2:51 am.

The only people I have any sympathy for are Lauren's parents and her sister and I have an endless amount for them.

We don't know why or even if LE is still looking at JW; but I have seen nothing to show that he is broken up or suffering either. Maybe he is, but where do we know this from? I am not assuming anything not known as a fact in this case, and the only thing I take as facts come from LE, personally.

Some of these young adults know what happened to Lauren and others can guess. But since they have the advice and protection of lawyers, they are not required to help Lauren's family out at all. They can just go on with their lives.

I think she collapsed on the last one/ones with her. It might have been JW but I don't believe he killed her in a jealous rage.

I don't appreciate the dig at my intelligence, but anyway...

I'm not saying that JW is totally in the clear, but I do believe it is unfair to say that he turned into some jealous monster and played a part in her disappearance. The BPD know more than we do, and probably have more insight into JW's evening than we think.

I wasn't taking a dig at your intelligence. I was simply saying "it's so obvious how can someone not see it?!"

Even smart people miss obvious things, if you think I'm making a comment about your intelligence, then I think you are being too defensive.

Because that is what LE said.

I get it, but don't believe they have any duty to report accurate information during an investigation. Publically unknown video past that time would be golden during an interrogation.

I have the feeling I should delete my JW related post... I didnt know the WS community could be so accusatory. The way that I'm choosing to look at this case atm is through who was last seen and known to be with LS... JR, MB, CR etc. Forgive me for making it seem like I'm some JW supporter, I don't support anybody but LS and her family.

I have the feeling I should delete my JW related post... I didnt know the WS community could be so accusatory. The way that I'm choosing to look at this case atm is through who was last seen and known to be with LS... JR, MB, CR etc. Forgive me for making it seem like I'm some JW supporter, I don't support anybody but LS and her family.

You are entitled to your opinion. So why delete a post if that is what you believe? I by the way agree with you regarding the boyfriend that we don't have any info really that he was involved.

Notifying the parents doesn't mean much to me. As the boyfriend, and one who has presumably met the parents and spent time with them, the onus was on him to call them. It would have been weird if he didn't talk to the parents.

Now, LE may have a very good reason to have JW in the clear. But that reason hasn't been made public. For all we know JR was telling the truth when he saw LS on College & 11th at 4:30 and she was headed East to JW's house. 2:51 is still the latest time that (released) video evidence puts her anywhere in Bloomington.

Because that is what LE said.

Do you REALLY believe that LE always tells the truth? I don't. And I don't think they should - misleading the suspects and their lawyers is frequently a great tool in furthering an investigation.

LE stated that they considered JW a POI; it wasn't WS that decided on that.

Do you REALLY believe that LE always tells the truth? I don't. And I don't think they should - misleading the suspects and their lawyers is frequently a great tool in furthering an investigation.

Not always, but in this particular instance I believe LE. Because in this particular instance they don't have any reasons to lie.

I don't think LE lies, but they intentionally keep things up their sleeves. I would wager that the single most compelling bit of information that LE has gathered so far is still known only to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member