IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can think of a reason that there may be evidence that is not being disclosed, such as video of LS, see what you think. (note I am not saying I believe there is a video of LS past 2:51, just why LE may not tell if there was).

Theorectically:
If LE does have a suspect, they still don't want to arrest that person. What would be the charge? Wouldn't it be best to wait until you had evidence of cause of death if you could get it? So, perhaps if there was a video - say of LS at 4:45AM in the company of X person, and X person is already on record saying that he/she was not involved, then would you release this evidence before you were ready to arrest X? Why tip your hat, and end the relative freedom of an investigation? Once you arrest someone you have to charge them in a fair amount of time, and again, with no body, what do you charge them with? How do you prove homicide vs accidental death?

We use initials rather than full names, as no one has been officially named a suspect.

On another note, I wish that things were different and that people were not so quick to worry about themselves, rather than the victim, in a dire situation such as this. I am sure that at least some of the people police want to talk to in more depth are innocent, but are being advised not to say a word. I hate that part of our justice system. I am not one who believes that LE makes it a practice to go after innocent people, just to get a conviction.

I am really hoping that all of these people are continuing to be available to LE, even if they insist on having their lawyers on the other extension...as another poster pointed out, every parent who is telling their (grown) child not to cooperate...what if the situations were reversed? Would you be loving that legal advice the other parents were getting?

what's with all the initials?? i have no idea who people are talking about, it gets very confusing...

i think about lauren often. i pray for her and her family and that she comes home safe. the situation is so grim looking.

I apologize if these are misspelled:

CR = male companion of Lauren's that night, recent acquaintance, went back to her place with her from the bar, her boyfriend's buddies beat him up, she took him back to his apartment, allegedly his roommate put him to bed and Lauren went elsewhere ... he has no memory of what happened after the fight, presumably as a result of being beaten up, or drunk, or both

MB = CR's roommate -- allegedly did not party that night, stayed home working on papers, put CR to bed, says Lauren then asked him if he wanted to party, he declined, then says she went to JR's

JR = a friend of Lauren's and her roommate, allegedly Lauren went to see him after she left the other guys place ... he made a phone call to Dave Rohn at 4:15 a.m., says Lauren left his place to go home at 4:30 a.m. and nobody saw her after that

JW = Lauren's boyfriend ... presumably they were on the outs, because she was off with CR that night and witnesses describe some sort of physical contact between the two ... his buddies beat up CR that night and confronted him again in the following days, he was perhaps one of the first people to report Lauren missing

DR = friend of Lauren's, may have spent part of the evening with her earlier on, phone call from JR was made to him at 4:15 a.m., went unanswered

HT = Lauren's roommate

Add:
all these names were in media reports, but if mods want me to delete, then I will, not sure about the rules, just trying to help other posters.

Sorry this is super nitty, but I respect your posts and don't want there to be confusion. Presumably you mean Kilroy's?

No idea if this source is credible, but it does mention JW has submitted DNA.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Lauren-Spierer

IMO, this source is not credible. Blogger identifies him/herself as "a songwriter and multi-instrumentalist." Additionally, writer makes statements such as:

-It has been said she was attracted to him and tiring of Jesse, her present boyfriend.

-Maybe it was friends of Jesse's who committed the assault and Jesse had no part in it. But, wouldn't they have told him they had "taken up" for him? I believe they would have.

-In just one paragraph, 3 sentences begin with the word "Maybe..." Maybe this, maybe that...

A blog in the purest sense of the word. No reporting, at all, IMO. A writer of a blog.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Lauren-Spierer

I would like to get an attorneys view on what is needed for LE to get search warrants on items from POIs who are heavily guarded by their huge name defense lawyers..

What LE have to have in order to have a SW granted to see JR's car, phone, bank history, etc, etc..

I would like to get a professionals opinion of what it would take in order to have such sw's issued??

Because I fear until then we could possibly be at A standstill..

IMO, this source is not credible. Blogger identifies him/herself as "a songwriter and multi-instrumentalist." Additionally, writer makes statements such as:

-It has been said she was attracted to him and tiring of Jesse, her present boyfriend.

-Maybe it was friends of Jesse's who committed the assault and Jesse had no part in it. But, wouldn't they have told him they had "taken up" for him? I believe they would have.

-In just one paragraph, 3 sentences begin with the word "Maybe..." Maybe this, maybe that...

A blog in the purest sense of the word. No reporting, at all, IMO. A writer of a blog.

I can't comment on the blog or whether it's credible or not, but I can say that I definitely think something was wrong between LS and JW.
It should be obvious to anyone -- she was with another guy that night, after all.

I would like to get an attorneys view on what is needed for LE to get search warrants on items from POIs who are heavily guarded by their huge name defense lawyers..

What LE have to have in order to have a SW granted to see JR's car, phone, bank history, etc, etc..

I would like to get a professionals opinion of what it would take in order to have such sw's issued??

Thanks, I asked this earlier on, as well....do we have any attorneys who visit this thread?
Surely in other cases, there have been search warrants issued based on being the last person to see a missing person if their story can't be verified? LE has to be able to start somewhere :(
Otherwise...what? Just wait and hope someone stumbles across Lauren and that enough DNA remains to tie her death to someone? Another case in limbo, like so many others?

Epiphany I agree about the site.. But I believe bx2 was just attempting to be helpful to me in my quest to search for where it was that I saw it stated that JW had complied with DNA sample.. This wasn't it.. And I think bx2 also questioned it's validity.. All in all he was just attempting to help me :)

CR = Corey Rossman -- male companion of Lauren's that night, recent acquaintance, went back to her place with her from the bar, her boyfriend's buddies beat him up, she took him back to his apartment, allegedly his roommate put him to bed and Lauren went elsewhere ... he has no memory of what happened after the fight, presumably as a result of being beaten up, or drunk, or both

MB = Mike Beth, CR's roommate -- allegedly did not party that night, stayed home working on papers, put CR to bed, says Lauren then asked him if he wanted to party, he declined, then says she went to JR's

JR = Jay Rosenbaum -- friend of Lauren's and her roommate, allegedly Lauren went to see him after she left the other guys place ... he made a phone call to Dave Rohn at 4:15 a.m., says Lauren left his place to go home at 4:30 a.m. and nobody saw her after that

JW = Jesse Wolff, Lauren's boyfriend ... presumably they were on the outs, because she was off with CR that night and witnesses describe some sort of physical contact between the two ... his buddies beat up CR that night and confronted him again in the following days, he was perhaps one of the first people to report Lauren missing

DR = Dave Rohn, friend of Lauren's, may have spent part of the evening with her earlier on, phone call from JR was made to him at 4:15 a.m., went unanswered

HT = Hadar Tamir, Lauren's roommate

Add:
all these names were in media reports, but if mods want me to delete, then I will, not sure about the rules, just trying to help other posters.
No need to delete, Ven.

The use of initials is common here at WS. For some of us, it's easier and faster to type initials. More importantly, it provides a level of protection, and plain old respect, for individuals who have not been charged with a crime. Each time a person's name is posted anywhere online, the chances of it popping up in a search increases. Innocent parties should not have to have their names associated with a crime for the rest of their lives. That's my personal view on using initials, by the way. Let me see if I can find an official WS explanation for you.

Based on the currently available information, I personally can't eliminate the direct or indirect involvement of any of the POIs. There's just too much interaction and interplay between the various "factions" of them. I imagine LE is having a lot of grief trying to unravel some aspects of this. The upside is, when you have this many individuals trying to put up a smoke screen, and trying to make strong relationships look casual, it's very obvious to LE.

Even with that, IMO, it doesn't mean any of them are involved with what happened to her. They could be covering up something else that they don't want to get in trouble for. That would be very selfish as far as I'm concerned, but would mean they are not guilty of her disappearance.

For all of that, my current gut feeling is that one or more of them are involved, and if that's true, LE will get them, regardless of all the BS and games.

We used to insist on initials, but now it's not as big of a deal. We are more concerned with not starting rumors about innocent people.

Initials are really great though because think about if you knew the victim of a crime and were being discussed on the internet. It's there forever and if a potential employer or someone along those lines Googled your name and hit here, that might be a problem. We've had that happen before. So make sure the people are named in the MSM already and use initials whenever you can.

There's the scoop. :)

No need to delete, Ven.

The use of initials is common here at WS. For some of us, it's easier and faster to type initials. More importantly, it provides a level of protection, and plain old respect, for individuals who have not been charged with a crime. Each time a person's name is posted anywhere online, the chances of it popping up in a search increases. Innocent parties should not have to have their names associated with a crime for the rest of their lives. That's my personal view on using initials, by the way. Let me see if I can find an official WS explanation for you.

OK thanks, I had the names and the initials at first, in order to help the poster who asked, then when I read the other comments, I snipped to just initials, in case it was against the rules.

Your quote should be good enough to help those who need it! Thank you.

If they have all vacated their apartments and their leases have expire, LE should immediately search every apartment for signs of bodily fluids, carpet removal, carpet cleaning etc. They need to get into them quickly. The should demand the apartment owners not clean the apartments until they can legally enter them without search warrants. If they no longer have a claim on their unit and have vacated it, they would have no right to privacy or claims against search and seizure. I hope they have thought this through....sure they have...and get this done before any renovation or deep cleaning is completed.

CR = male companion of Lauren's that night, recent acquaintance, went back to her place with her from the bar, her boyfriend's buddies beat him up, she took him back to his apartment, allegedly his roommate put him to bed and Lauren went elsewhere ... he has no memory of what happened after the fight, presumably as a result of being beaten up, or drunk, or both

MB = CR's roommate -- allegedly did not party that night, stayed home working on papers, put CR to bed, says Lauren then asked him if he wanted to party, he declined, then says she went to JR's

JR = a friend of Lauren's and her roommate, allegedly Lauren went to see him after she left the other guys place ... he made a phone call to Dave Rohn at 4:15 a.m., says Lauren left his place to go home at 4:30 a.m. and nobody saw her after that

JW = Lauren's boyfriend ... presumably they were on the outs, because she was off with CR that night and witnesses describe some sort of physical contact between the two ... his buddies beat up CR that night and confronted him again in the following days, he was perhaps one of the first people to report Lauren missing

DR = friend of Lauren's, may have spent part of the evening with her earlier on, phone call from JR was made to him at 4:15 a.m., went unanswered

HT = Lauren's roommate

Add:

Add AA = Ajay A......not sure what his connect is.

This would give you seven poi's. Who are the other three?

I'm no law expert, but I have a hard time believing that searches of JR's apt., car, phone, bank, records, etc. wasn't carried out.
I would think that if you admit to being the last person to see someone, the police are going to be able to search you out.

Ah, but where you see "concerned and caring" I see "jealous and controlling". Differing POV.

Actually the fact that the parents (and the police) were notified so soon has always seemed odd to me.

Think about it, at that point in time (2-3 pm June 3rd) LS had been missing for less than 24 hours. Her roommate last saw her at 12:30 am that same day.

Putting myself back in my 20-year old shoes, I have to ask myself "Who does that?" :confused:

Totally agree. Had the night turned out differently and she was just passed out or having an adult sleepover somewhere she may have been unreachable until the time they reported her missing. I would be both flattered and PISSED if my friends felt the need to report me missing so soon, but I also don't know any of the details surrounding if/how hers tried to track her down first.

PS - I'm still a few pages behind so sorry if this has been discussed

Oh yeah, I think AA found the keys or purse, or something.

I don't think LE is using the 10 POI list anymore, they said that was just in the early stages, and its subject to change.
But I guess that probably included the people involved in the fight, the boyfriend's friends who beat up CR that night.

Anyway, IMO there are probably only 2 POIs at this point, JR and JW.

Not so coincidentally IMO, those are the two who skipped out of town pretty fast.

AA - Ajay Amin .. the only the official MSM info is about the discovery of LS's keys/purse in the alley near his residence but rumored to be friends with LS as well

Anyway, IMO there are probably only 2 POIs at this point, JR and JW.

Not so sure myself that some others may still be on the list, just maybe not any of the ones just id'ed.

I strongly agree with this.
You would think being a POI should be enough to have a SW granted. If the person is innocent then why would they care..

It's a missing person case, which is very serious. I would be doing anything to help. I wouldn't leave town to go home (even if it's summer) and I probably wouldn't even hire an attorney..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dylan O' Cone