IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so ridiculous. I dont understand why anyone would imply that JW may be involved, when there is nothing to suggest so. There is no documented link between him and LS that night, and the only thing we know is that he alerted the parents of LS next day that she was missing and looked for her. I understand that this is just an opinion board and one could have theories, but they should have some logical basis.

Well to be fair LE usually looks at the persons closest to the victim, such as boyfriends/girlfriends first. But I agree, we have no info to suggest the boyfriend was involved in anything.

How do you know that? How do you know LE doesn't have video past 2:51? Is it impossible that they've kept such information from the public? Not at all.

Because LE have said so, and there is no reason for them to lie about it.

This is so ridiculous. I dont understand why anyone would imply that JW may be involved, when there is nothing to suggest so. There is no documented link between him and LS that night, and the only thing we know is that he alerted the parents of LS next day that she was missing and looked for her. I understand that this is just an opinion board and one could have theories, but they should have some logical basis.

JW and LS supposedly in a relationship.
LS goes out on her own at 12:30 a.m., 2 a.m., 3 a.m., etc. without her boyfriend, despite some saying they had "plans" that night.
LS winds up in the company of another male.
That male is seen paying "attention" to her.
Boyfriends buddies beat the other male up.
She walks the other male back to his apartment, then allegedly seeks the company of other men that night (maybe just to party?).

Is that simple enough for you?

Well to be fair LE usually looks at the persons closest to the victim, such as boyfriends/girlfriends first. But I agree, we have no info to suggest the boyfriend was involved in anything.

Exactly. LE always looks first at husbands, boyfriends, etc. But in this case not only there is nothing to suggest that the b/f was involved, but his actions (trying to find is she was in her apartment next day, looking to find her and notifying her parents) seem to reflect someone really concerned and caring.

Exactly. LE always looks first at husbands, boyfriends, etc. But in this case not only there is nothing to suggest that the b/f was involved, but his actions (trying to find is she was in her apartment next day, looking to find her and notifying her parents) seem to reflect someone really concerned and caring.

Yeah, clearly they were in a loving relationship, I mean she was only in the company of another guy that night, and the boyfriend's buddies beat him up.
(which tells us she wasn't just hanging out with a "friend")

A match made in heaven. No chance he could ever be involved, I guess we should just move along.

I know I read that CR took one, but not JW. I also read from a friend of theirs that the police told JW that he should leave town. Who is the other 5 poi's? I think the police know a lot.

Hi straycat! Yes I too have read that both CR/MB have submitted their DNA for absolute certain.. But I read within an article just yesterday(and meant to bookmark it but I didn't)that had the statement that confirmed that Jesse, too had atleast complied with the DNa sample. It didn't mention the LDT but did state the DNA had been submitted by Wolff.. I certainly wish I could find it. As it is the only place that I have read confirmation of this issue..

As for the other 5 POI's .. My guess it that the majority of the remaining POI's are the friends of JW's that were involved in the fight with CR in Laurens 5th floor lobby.. But that's just a guess one other guess is that any other POI's would be"if" any others were present at JR's in those early morning hoirs(as has been alluded to in a couple articles but nothing ever confirmed)..

I gotta find the article about JW it's driving me nuts..lol

I've been trying to catch up on this. So when she supposedly walked home at 4:30am or what ever it was, there is no video evidence of her walking down those roads? At first I had thought they knew the route she walked home by looking at video surveillance and they could pinpoint where she was abducted based on the next camera in line never capturing her.

So when/where/how she walked home is all hear say and is a friends' word?

I will delete this slightly off-topic, pathetic attempt at humor if I don't get at least 4 thanks (or if a mod says so). But I just can't help wondering ...

:rocker: WHAT WOULD KEN NUNN DO? Call 800-888-HURT! :rocker:

(This case is heartbreaking and I needed a chuckle as to not go insane).

**I wanted to clarify some dates and details that I personally have wanted to verify..such as how far into investigation did certain names and ppl become involved or aware of their involvement..

The only problem I have with your dates is that you are not taking into consideration that they probably had a story from HT early on. HT may have told them directly, told JW, or LS's parents. Since she is the one who told it to us - up to and including that the call made from JR's phone at 4:15 was supposedly from LS to DR - we know she must have spoken to the POIs that have been revealed. It's not like she got her info from LE! I don't think there is any reason to believe that they weren't aware of the basic timeline in the first hours after the missing report was filed.
I think everything you cited was the evidence that needed to be collected to verify that basic story that they have had, most likely from day 1.

Yeah, clearly they were in a loving relationship, I mean she was only in the company of another guy that night, and the boyfriend's buddies beat him up.

A match made in heaven. No chance he could ever be involved, I guess we should just move along.

I really don't understand why everyone thinks JW is so suspicious? Does anyone have a link to an article proving they were in a fight that night? From everything I have read and understand, these two had a very loving relationship that was long-term and committed. As for JW going home, if my significant other went missing and I was told I couldn't participate in the search, I would absolutely want to go home to be with my family. It seems to me that JW loved LS very much and is torn to pieces by this whole situation.

IMO

I am not excluding JW just yet, but I feel like police would know if he went to that area last night and if he did I also feel like the investigation would be taking a more focused turn. Maybe he got lucky somehow and managed to drive, park, see and possibly kill Lauren, and no one see him at all near that area? I don't know.

[/QUOTE]So when/where/how she walked home is all hear say and is a friends' word?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Not to mention IF.

Re: video of Lauren that LE have whether released or not..

LE have clearly stated on more than one occasion that thy have video of Lauren that they are not releasing, nor are they going to release where it showed lauren to be at, with whom, nor what time..

LE has told us they do have video of Lauren that they are not releasing nor discussing with the public..

I have to be honest with myself. If JR were my son, I cannot (honestly) say that I wouldn't have gone to get him quickly either. I mean really, let's be real with ourselves and think of the implications...

1. I would want my son to be honest (even if he were guilty). The Christian and ethical side of me would expect and encourage telling the truth - especially if it were an accident, but even if it were outright murder. However, I would get an attorney immediately to help guide us through that process.

2. While I would feel incredible guilt over considering my own son above the needs of Lauren's family, in this situation, I wouldn't know them personally and well, he'd still be my son. I'd like to think that I wouldn't do what I'm about to say, but well.....I might in the REAL world......Early on, no one knew what was going on. There was talk of serious
Drug Lord involvement. Evidence can be planted, your kid could say the wrong thing, and could be killed. I honestly think that this would have entered most parents' minds. While I would want him to cooperate, getting him out of there may be in his best interest....while I'd want him to pay the consequences, certainly I wouldn't want him dead. Leaving him there to face fire, could result in his death either way.

3. My very first and most critical concern would be for my own son, I have to admit. I would think also, that no one would know him better than us (his parents). Having him home, we could watch his moves, get a sense whether he knows more - is guilty or innocent. LE can't necessarily ascertain that from an interview so bringing them home wasn't ALL such a bad idea, as long as the Parents have my #1 (above) in their heart.

4. When in a situation like this, seriously we as parents would have probably NO precedence to help us know how to react/behave. I think the "Mother Bear" / Protector instinct may take over. It's easy to say that they look guilty and that they should be down there helping with the searches, but we do not KNOW their state. Wow, if they are innocent, some of these kids may be in therapy, just knowing what happened to their friend and knowing they were out with her the night before. Imagine how they are if they're guilty!

5. I will not judge these boys - or their parents. I do think one or some, or perhaps all are probably guilty of something involving her disappearance (beyond just maybe giving her drugs) but guilty or not, I think hiring an attorney is the best thing to do and I also think that they were advised to get home immediately.

6. I do know that most attorneys will want to speak with the client ASAP. JR lives in Indy I believe, right? His attorney probably told his Dad, "He what? He was the last person to admittedly see a miss girl? Get him home NOW." In the grand scheme of things, because we do not know how to react, I think most of us would entrust our attorney. That's why he makes big money. It doesn't always LOOK good but in the long run, it may provide us with the best outcome if we truly are innocent.

Some/many of you may be thinking that I'm being too empathetic towards possible criminals. I'm not. I'm just trying to be fair, and it's fair to say that we are assuming and can't possibly understand a. what they are going through or b. what we may honestly do in the same situation.

I really don't understand why everyone thinks JW is so suspicious? Does anyone have a link to an article proving they were in a fight that night? From everything I have read and understand, these two had a very loving relationship that was long-term and committed. As for JW going home, if my significant other went missing and I was told I couldn't participate in the search, I would absolutely want to go home to be with my family. It seems to me that JW loved LS very much and is torn to pieces by this whole situation.

IMO

I don't understand why it's so hard for some of you to understand.

1. LS was in the company of another man that night!
under what circumstances does that show anyone that the relationship with her boyfriend was cool????

2. the boyfriend's buddies beat this other guy up
again, this means it wasn't just a guy friend she was with, but someone who was paying her "inappropriate attention" as reported in MSM

^^not inappropriate by LS's eyes, because she continued with him the rest of the night

-----

I don't care whether its been reported LS and JW had problems or not.

I can use my own brain and figure it out! How could it be any more obvious?

That doesn't mean it was JW for sure, it could be JR or an overdose or anything else.

But to say JW is perfect, no reason to suspect him -- foolish, IMO.

IMO

I agree with you. There is nothing to suggest an involvement of JW and it sounds to me that he is in many ways a victim himself in this case.

Because LE have said so, and there is no reason for them to lie about it.

Basically I'll agree. But that doesn't mean I can't see the possibility that they would, or especially that there could be reasons not to disclose evidence to impeach one of their suspects at this stage.

Anyone else ever walk into a thread and get the feeling they are surrounded by friends of a POI?

Nah, me either ...

I am feeling so sad for her parents. Heart wrentching to even try to think of what they've had to go through.

I think cell phone records will straighten alot out. No way ,imo, that somebody did'nt make a few urgent txts.

Right now my thinking is cr,mb & jr all know. And somebody took her out of the area in their trek towards home for the summer. JAT

And which one went home to MI? And what area?

Gabby66-I agree with not judging them for lawyering up and even leaving. I know this is life or death and Lauren is the most important factor here. But, think about it being you or your son. A girl goes missing sort of in his presence and within the first 2-3 days after I have personally seen every single named POI called a murderer and possibly a rapist. That is the time you speak to a lawyer and follow the lawyer's advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay