IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AA - Ajay Amin .. the only the official MSM info is about the discovery of LS's keys/purse in the alley near his residence but rumored to be friends with LS as well

I know they have discounted the time of the waitresses claim..but AA is a darked skinned man I believe.

I don't think LE has release 25% of what they know including video that may be available but yet to be mentioned.

Thanks, I asked this earlier on, as well....do we have any attorneys who visit this thread?
Surely in other cases, there have been search warrants issued based on being the last person to see a missing person if their story can't be verified? LE has to be able to start somewhere :(
Otherwise...what? Just wait and hope someone stumbles across Lauren and that enough DNA remains to tie her death to someone? Another case in limbo, like so many others?

I am an attorney, but I don't practice criminal law. IMO though, the police have probable cause to issue search warrants, and arguably they have it to arrest certain POIs.

Initials are really great though because think about if you knew the victim of a crime and were being discussed on the internet. It's there forever and if a potential employer or someone along those lines Googled your name and hit here, that might be a problem.

Understatement of the year!

Who did/does JR live with? Anyone know? The units are 3- and 4-bedroom.

Who lives in the neighboring units besides CR and MB? Does AA?

For the sake of conversation, what would an innocent POI do? How would he act? Speaking for myself in this situation ...

- As soon as I heard LS was missing (or that I was a POI) I would contact (call) the police, if they hadn't called me already.
- I would tell them, "I want to cooperate fully, and I will tell you everything I can. I'm going to get a lawyer and be back to you ASAP".
- Then I would do just that, grab the first credible defense attorney I could find, tell him/her everything I knew, listen to their advice on dealing with police, and then march (with the attorney) right down to the police station.
- I would ask to talk to her parents ASAP. I would be able to look everyone in the eye.
- Volunteer to help with the search in any way possible.
- Submit DNA if asked, as well as my phone, car, whatever.
- I would stay in Bton and make myself available (w/ attorney) to LE for further questioning. I would tell them everything about LS I knew.
- I would probably contact LE as much as my attorney let me asking for updates or progress.
- They'd have to chain me to a radiator to keep me from singing my innocence from the rooftops and asking for tips from the public.

That's just me. Maybe everyone wouldn't do this stuff, but innocent people tend to act a certain way, don't they?

As a person I agree 100%. As an attorney, probably not so much. Like I said, I don't practice crim law, but I'm pretty certain a defense attorney would advise her client to keep his mouth shut. The attorneys, while not necessarily trying to be uncooperative, act in the best interest of their clients. Unfortunately that is at odds with what LE is trying to do. We attorneys ruin everything, lol.

As a person I agree 100%. As an attorney, probably not so much. Like I said, I don't practice crim law, but I'm pretty certain a defense attorney would advise her client to keep his mouth shut. The attorneys, while not necessarily trying to be uncooperative, act in the best interest of their clients. Unfortunately that is at odds with what LE is trying to do. We attorneys ruin everything, lol.

Naah, you have a pretty thankless job.

Anyway, no way would (if I were a POI) search for a missing body. I mean, suppose I found it? "Prime POI in missing persons case mysteriously finds body!" No evidence on the body? Imagine the questions from that, about whether the police should have let a POI be directly involved the search, not to mention whether the POI "cleaned" the body.

I sent gitana1 a msg with all the details and some of our questions.. Hopefully she'll be able to answer some of our questions and maybe pop in over here if anyone has anything else they'd like to ask a verified lawyer/atty..

but I can say that I definitely think something was wrong between LS and JW.
It should be obvious to anyone -- she was with another guy that night, after all.

I know lots of girls who would drink more than usual/party more than usual/act more reckless than usual when in a fight with their BF. I am wondering, if the OD theory is true, why would she OD that night as opposed to other nights, and that could be the answer.

Who did/does JR live with? Anyone know? The units are 3- and 4-bedroom.

Who lives in the neighboring units besides CR and MB? Does AA?

All I know about JR roomies is that one of our hard working and under-compensated local sleuths reported that there were 4 names on his mailbox. another thing I remember was an interview on MSM with a resident of 5 North that haas never been mentioned in this story saying he remembers LS from her "walking by" (not meaning THAT night, just in general).

AA lives elsewhere. I think one of the newer buildings that faces College Ave and has a rear exit (with a rear door, landing, stairs and a handrail) on the alley. At least that was my impression of where he lives.

But being summer session at IU, it's possible that JR was living by himself in the apartment, regardless of other lessees. The spring semester actually ended the first week of May.

Naah, you have a pretty thankless job.

Anyway, no way would (if I were a POI) search for a missing body. I mean, suppose I found it? "Prime POI in missing persons case mysteriously finds body!" No evidence on the body? Imagine the questions from that, about whether the police should have let a POI be directly involved the search, not to mention whether the POI "cleaned" the body.

If I was a POI, I wouldn't be searching either.. they wouldn't allow you to anyways.

What I would be doing, is telling LE everything that I know.. and that's what I believe some of the guys involved are not doing.

It also appears to me that LE has almost ruled out a stranger abduction.. They seem to be putting a lot of attention on the "friends" and tracking down other individuals that are involved. I can almost guarantee some of the friends know what happened

An FYI for everyone:

A member who would like to become a verified professional in a particular field to answer questions; or, a member who wants to be verified as a local* or insider with first hand knowledge in a case, should follow this link for more information.

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106653"]Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

*This doesn't apply to residents of Bloomington who have no connection to the case. ;)

I know lots of girls who would drink more than usual/party more than usual/act more reckless than usual when in a fight with their BF. I am wondering, if the OD theory is true, why would she OD that night as opposed to other nights, and that could be the answer.

Everyone who OD's does so one night, as opposed to any other. There is no equation as to how the body reacts to certain drugs. Its a risk you take everytime with certain drugs, especially when done in conjunction with one another. Add a heart problem to that and you have a game of roulette. Not saying this is what happened, but it is easy to see how it is at least a possibility.

My brother is an attorney and he has guided my daughter through a couple of relatively minor run-ins with the law, (fighting). His mantra was, 'the cops are not your friends', and 'keep your mouth shut if your lawyer isn't there'...which is hard advice to follow, because an innocent person wants to explain the whys. But in the end, he's right. Cops have the legal right to lie and when they exercise that right, (and they do! even in minor cases), a witness is left trying to defend something he can't. Also, cops can give contradictory and just plain horrible advice...something that can come back and bite a witness in the behind. I'm not trying to run down cops because they have a job to do, but I have found that people with lawyers are treated with more respect and professionalism. Having a lawyer cuts out a lot of the mind games. I don't think this particular LE is playing mind games, but these guys having lawyers is their legal right and it isn't hurting a thing. Actually, having legal representation is a good thing...nobody can later claim that their rights were violated. MOO.

Everyone who OD's does so one night, as opposed to any other. There is no equation as to how the body reacts to certain drugs. Its a risk you take everytime with certain drugs, especially when done in conjunction with one another. Add a heart problem to that and you have a game of roulette. Not saying this is what happened, but it is easy to see how it is at least a possibility.

edit: I think you were kinda saying the same thing..
Also would like to add. If she was doing drugs, she didn't necessarily have to OD in order to have something go wrong.. She could have had heart failure which was triggered by the drugs but it doesn't necessarily mean she OD'd or overused that night.

Many things can cause heart problems.. one big thing being panic/anxiety attacks after using any particular substance.. That, coupled with the disease she had is not good... it was late at night and maybe she didn't take the medicine she is supposed to.

I believe LE is leaning towards a situation such as this.. which means one or more of the POI's are hiding information

All I know about JR roomies is that one of our hard working and under-compensated local sleuths reported that there were 4 names on his mailbox. another thing I remember was an interview on MSM with a resident of 5 North that haas never been mentioned in this story saying he remembers LS from her "walking by" (not meaning THAT night, just in general).

AA lives elsewhere. I think one of the newer buildings that faces College Ave and has a rear exit (with a rear door, landing, stairs and a handrail) on the alley. At least that was my impression of where he lives.

Thank you. JR's rookies if they were around might be POI.

The surrounding area is a bit of a hell hole right now.

Has it ever been said how many guys were involved in the altercation with CR? I think there was a comment that one guy named Z actually threw the punch, but I can't find the link.

I wonder why only ONE friend has talked with Lauren's parents. If LS & JW dated for two years I would think he would have a relationship with her parents. I understand not being active in the search if he is a POI but how about being there for comfort and support? Surely he needs it as well. I just don't understand his getting out of town. I have two sons his age and they would use their hearts/emotions before their brains/professional advise when it comes to their girlfriends!

I also feel strongly that LE knows way more than they are saying right now.

June 22, 2011 News Conference
Captain JQ:

“What I’m here to tell you is that we have reviewed the video, not only the timeline that we have been using, ... and where Lauren does in fact appear ... she does appear in that video with someone that is already known to investigators. We have also reviewed it during the time period where it has been reported, essentially an hour later (at 3:38 a.m.), and we do not find any evidence that supports that information,” Qualters said.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/22/news.qp-4391232.sto

June 22, 2011 News Conference
Captain JQ:

“We had spoken with someone.” He said investigators “do not have any video evidence that supports what had been reported by that particular witness.” Witness accounts can be off, he said.

“I can’t say that she didn’t see Lauren,” Qualters continued. “It does not appear that she saw Lauren at the time that was reported by other sources.”

Police have reviewed an estimated 300 hours of video footage, Qualters said, and there’s still more to review.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/22/news.qp-4391232.sto

That 3:38 am timeline of the supposed sighting never did fit with the official timeline, and it was rather obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slatchautoclinic