IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone recall who went to their home in MI for summer and where in MI? TIA

Lauren Spierer search today in southern Monroe county
Police and others turned out for a sweep of southern Monroe County Thursday morning, part of a planned process of searching for IU student Lauren Spierer, 20, missing for nearly three weeks.

Official vehicles seen along exits from Ind. 37 near Harrodsburg were part of the search, local officials said.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/23/news.qp-0048524.sto

I assume "planned" means not in response to any specific tip.

No, but wondering if any of JR's roommates would be candidates.

I was assuming Toby Wong* meant someone other than JR because it's been stated in several places that he is from West Bloomfield, MI. I think! :waitasec:

I was assuming Toby Wong* meant someone other than JR because it's been stated in several places that he is from West Bloomfield, MI. I think! :waitasec:

Sorry I didn't realize that! Just saw that West Bloomfield info on TG Blog this morning...

If I were JR, and something happened to LS while in my company, and I thought it was related to drugs, I would call the person who provided and shared the drugs (DR). If DR then suggested getting rid of the body to avoid getting in trouble, I would find a sober person I trusted to drive, both because I did not want anyone else to get hurt and because getting pulled over with a body in the car would be pretty bad. I'm assuming the cops would have thought of this already, but wonder if the questioning has focused so much on the partiers that those who usually partied but were sober that night ended up subject to less scrutiny.

I assume "planned" means not in response to any specific tip.

I think that we should all look VERY carefully at the wording, knowing that they are building a case and do not want to tip their hand. I think this is significant, since it was not mentioned as planned at any presser nor any print article....

If JR lives in West Bloomfield, MI here's the map (not of his family's place, just the municipality).

http://goo.gl/maps/Q25X

I have a close friend from the area and know that it is a suburb of Detroit and VERY wealthy.

Do we have any reason to think that JR was not sober himself? And I would exclude cocaine from this, as that would not at all impair his ability to drive. Also, how many people do you know and trust well enough to call up and say, hey I've got a dead body and I need you to involve yourself in this very serious crime and come and help me out...
I am wondering if there was a second person present with JR and LS, as then that person would be involved already. I think that is slightly more likely than JR calling up someone to come and help.

Do we have any reason to think that JR was not sober himself? And I would exclude cocaine from this, as that would not at all impair his ability to drive. Also, how many people do you know and trust well enough to call up and say, hey I've got a dead body and I need you to involve yourself in this very serious crime and come and help me out...
I am wondering if there was a second person present with JR and LS, as then that person would be involved already. I think that is slightly more likely than JR calling up someone to come and help.

I think you're on the right track.. this is the scenario I've been leaning towards. I also wonder if any people she was with play sports.. that would be a big motive to try and hide evidence of what occurred that night

I think that we should all look VERY carefully at the wording, knowing that they are building a case and do not want to tip their hand. I think this is significant, since it was not mentioned as planned at any presser nor any print article....

I agree. Has LE done this with previous searches, explained why official cars are in a certain area?

Here's an aerial of Harrodsburg from Google Maps...it's close to Monroe Lake.

Attachments

• Harrodsburg.png
    Harrodsburg.png
    824.2 KB · Views: 19

Ok, I'm wandering off topic now, but I've never done cocaine nor really been around it... It wouldn't mess up one's motor or perceptual skills? Huh.

If JR lives in West Bloomfield, MI here's the map (not of his family's place, just the municipality).

http://goo.gl/maps/Q25X

I have a close friend from the area and know that it is a suburb of Detroit and VERY wealthy.

Actually I believe it's Bloomington Hills. There was a car with BH on the license plate holder (MI plate) parked in the back CR/JR townhomes last week. A woman was seen getting in and out. No idea if the car is tied to JR. I did speak to a man at a phone number in Bloomington Hills. Before I could even get out of my mouth that I wanted to speak to J, I was told, rather gruffly, that I had the wrong number.

Sorry I didn't realize that! Just saw that West Bloomfield info on TG Blog this morning...

In the comments I take it. (just don't have the time to look at them). Can you send it to me? Thanks.

Ok, I'm wandering off topic now, but I've never done cocaine nor really been around it... It wouldn't mess up one's motor or perceptual skills? Huh.

Cocaine is a stimulant so it heightens your senses and I guess probably wouldn't make much of a negative impact on your motor skills etc. Unlike alcohol which is a depressant, slowing everything down. Maybe on coke you'd be more likely to speed or something?

Actually I believe it's Bloomington Hills. There was a car with BH on the license plate holder (MI plate) parked in the back CR/JR townhomes last week. A woman was seen getting in and out. No idea if the car is tied to JR. I did speak to a man at a phone number in Bloomington Hills. Before I could even get out of my mouth that I wanted to speak to J, I was told, rather gruffly, that I had the wrong number.
Bloomington Hills? Or, Farmington Hills?

It's going to be hard to find you a reference that is going to promote the benefits and positive effects of cocaine, but this might give you some idea...
http://www.aolnews.com/2007/11/02/is-cocaine-a-performance-enhancing-drug/
Now I am in no way claiming that this drug is good to use, especially while driving. But I would like everyone to realize that it is NOT alcohol, it is NOT Xanax, Oxycontin, or any other central nervous system depressant - those give you noticeable impairment. It is a stimulant. Cocaine falls more with speed, caffeine (lots), adderall (ADHD meds).
From the repeated descriptions of LS it does NOT sound like cocaine was her major drug of choice for the evening. More likely alcohol and another central nervous system depressant. She may have used cocaine to clear her head from those other substances however. Not uncommon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johndavid125