IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those who have cars, even the visitor would have had to take streets that have cameras. Can a local, or anyone who may know more than I, tell us if they could have taken another route out of town where cameras wouldn't have been able to capture their departure?
Yes, I tell anyone who will listen that driving 11th Street west and over to 17th St /Arlington Road will have you in isolated countryside in 5-10 minutes with no cameras, no cops, little to no other cars at that hour. In 20 minutes, you can be in the area where Jill Behrman's remains lay undetected for three years.

Listening and reading I for some reason am not seeing what the people here are seeing.

I am not seeing a focus that has turned completely onto the acquaintances of LS.

I am seeing that the public is being asked to not give up hope.

LS could still have been kidnapped and the reason the town area is being searched again is for clues.

Anything small could be big.

What if her friends didn't dump her body which appears to be the only conclusion left here.

What if the LE only was focusing on the friends and the person who did it struck again?

Any ways I have a question.

Has anyone ever been found as a result of Web Sleuths?

I just want to say that the longer I discuss this, and read everything said, the more I feel that the social circles around LS that night were not involved. I know that isn't the focus here, and there certainly is a lot more info to discuss regarding her social circle than there is regarding a stranger. So the focus here is mainly on her friends, since that is what there is to talk about. I am less convinced it was any of them than ever and I was never convinced from the get-go (running and ducking for cover now).
But I try and entertain the idea of all possibilities.

Yes, I tell anyone who will listen that driving 11th Street west and over to 17th St /Arlington Road will have you in isolated countryside in 5-10 minutes with no cameras, no cops, little to no other cars at that hour. In 20 minutes, you can be in the area where Jill Behrman's remains lay undetected for three years.

And if you were only visiting. you do not have to come back. A vague facebook message and "the eagle has landed".

No cameras that I know of. I am sure that it has been searched rather extensively.

That is very useful info that we haven't been privy to. Now, where else have they searches outside of town? I'm attempting to not keep the tunnel vision of just the immediate town in my head, so I'm branching out. Anything within 15 miles is in play for me. Can you tell me where that 15 miles in all directions would get me?

Listening and reading I for some reason am not seeing what the people here are seeing.

I am not seeing a focus that has turned completely onto the acquaintances of LS.

LS could still have been kidnapped and the reason the town area is being searched again is for clues.

What if her friends didn't dump her body which appears to be the only conclusion left here.

What if the LE only was focusing on the friends and the person who did it struck again?

LE hasn't ruled any theory out, and I don't think any of us has either. We are discussing all possibilities.

BBM

I'm not sure about any missing people being found as a result, but authorities HAVE identified previously (sometimes long) unidentified people with the direct help of people here at WS and have acknowledged them as a result.
Here's a link to one of those cases:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89783"]Match! CA-Please LOOK!!! I think this is a MATCH!!!!Warning-Morgue Photos - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

And there are more in the Identified forum.

Driving 15 miles outside of Bloomington in any one direction will give you a lot of fields, tons of wooded areas, brown county state park. , limestone quarries, many lakes, lots of highways/interstates, caves, rolling hills, camp atterbury, etc. It really would be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I think it is natural that some focus has been spent on the people around her that night. A small girl around a bunch of different men ranging from boyfriend to near stranger+alcohol=police would HAVE to look at them. Statistically, it is far more likely that a friend, a boyfriend, and possibly the last person to see you alive is the guilty party over a random stranger grabbing.
That being said, stranger abductions do happen. Accidents do happen. It is still a big possibility and I don't think anyone has ruled it out.

I also think that some of the...negativity? that has been directed at these students is a bit misguided at times. We have no reason to believe that they are as horrible as I have seen some articles and commentators make them out to be. We don't know their characters and it really isn't our place to judge without evidence.

I think open discussion of every possibility, though, is best for cases like these. I am not sure anyone in the entire state of Indiana can really be excluded yet :p

That is very useful info that we haven't been privy to. Now, where else have they searches outside of town? I'm attempting to not keep the tunnel vision of just the immediate town in my head, so I'm branching out. Anything within 15 miles is in play for me. Can you tell me where that 15 miles in all directions would get me?

15 miles north (towards Indy) is the Martinsville area and Morgan-Monroe State Forest, East is Yellowwood State Forest and Brown County state park (largest in Indiana), South/Southeast is the Lake Monroe area (largest lake in Indiana).

Driving 15 miles outside of Bloomington in any one direction will give you a lot of fields, tons of wooded areas, brown county state park. , limestone quarries, many lakes, lots of highways/interstates, caves, rolling hills, camp atterbury, etc. It really would be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Were would the kids hang out in the summer time, such as camping places, etc?

I assure you that there have been extensive searches outside of Bloomington. As searchers we sign a disclaimer stipulating that we do not discuss where we search or what we find there. Additionally, we are not told where other search groups go or what areas have already been searched. Once in a while, we will be told that we are covering previously searched territory, but that's it. For the most part, the areas in Monroe County that people repeatedly mention as high priority areas that need to be searched have already been taken care of. They just are not discussed outside of a certain room in the search headquarters.

I assure you that there have been extensive searches outside of Bloomington. As searchers we sign a disclaimer stipulating that we do not discuss where we search or what we find there. Additionally, we are not told where other search groups go or what areas have already been searched. Once in a while, we will be told that we are covering previously searched territory, but that's it. For the most part, the areas in Monroe County that people repeatedly mention as high priority areas that need to be searched have already been taken care of. They just are not discussed outside of a certain room in the search headquarters.

What about landfills?

BBM

I'm not sure about any missing people being found as a result, but authorities HAVE identified previously (sometimes long) unidentified people with the direct help of people here at WS and have acknowledged them as a result.

Also, many, many members here have participted in searches, volunteered in other ways on various cases, contributed funds for WS to be able to feed searchers in those less-publicized cases-in any case, done much more than just post on the forum.

I don't feel as though anyone here has ruled out a stranger altogether; I posted about a case last night that had almost identical markings to this one, including a party, lots of potential suspects, fight w/boyfriend, lost keys and phone, all at an off-campus party and even though the BF refused to give DNA, he was eventually cleared and years later, they found the perp, a totally random . So it's possible.

I am leaning more toward Lauren having been hidden, for lack of a better word, by someone she knows just because of the seemingly very tiny window of time she had to vanish and from a well-traveled area. But I don't suspect any one person more than another, or anyone in particular at all.

Oh ok, that I do understand. I guess what we really need is to know where these kids would hang out, other than the bars in the area. We need to know if any of them golfed, swam, enjoyed camping etc. That may give me an idea of a safety zone for young people who would be in a panic situation.

Forum:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=139"]Tawni Lee Mazzone (formerly Maricopa Jane Doe) - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Article:
http://www.truecrimereport.com/2008/08/maricopa_jane_doe_has_a_name.php

Early on we had heard about a scream that a homeless person had claimed he heard. It was then de-bunked... does anyone know the whole story of who said it/how it was debunked? TIA

Oh ok, that I do understand. I guess what we really need is to know where these kids would hang out, other than the bars in the area. We need to know if any of them golfed, swam, enjoyed camping etc. That may give me an idea of a safety zone for young people who would be in a panic situation.
Great point. This has been problematic from a searcher's point of view, as well. If you focus only on where students hang out, you will miss many more likely places she could be in the instance of random abduction by a local (such as was the case with Jill Behrman). But then you have to consider that if it was a POI, how well did this person know Bloomington and the surrounding area? Did he participate in Little 500, and so would know all the little country roads where the riders train? Was he a hiker? Two of the people who are not mentioned in MSM as POIs are from Indy-- what back roads do they know? The places where people hang out in the summer is the last place you would want to dump a body because, well, people are hanging out there and she would be found quickly. What if you got out there and there was someone already there? Or someone pulled up while you were removing the body? It's not impossible, but to be able to hide her in plain sight, undetected in a place like Griffey, which is constantly used this time of year (and with dogs in the same numbers of humans), would require an amazing level of luck. But at the same time, it's not something that we automatically rule out. Searching is an unbelievably frustrating task because there are so many variables. But as I've said before, we're not giving up.

Just posting for added reference of the timeline and areas of Lauren's last known hours..
025fb40c.jpg

http://www.indystar.com/comments/article/20110626/LOCAL/106260358/Vanished

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members