IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox59 also reported that JR saw her "turn the corner"...this was back on 6/10.

I don't post much, but I've been here all along.....I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but maybe it was the security at Smallwood that got into a fight with CR and maybe thats why they were hesitant to give the video to police. Wasn't he the one that was barred from that apartment bldg. or maybe Im getting my facts confused.
You're right. He was on a no trespass list from an October, 2010, incident when he was arrested for public intoxication at Smallwood. I can pull a link, but I think there was an earlier incident, too. Hang on a moment...

A spokesman for Spierer's building, Ernie Reno, said Rossman was on a "no trespass" list the morning Spierer vanished, banned for prior disturbances at the building, Smallwood Plaza.

Rossman and a friend were arrested there on a public-intoxication charge Oct. 31. He was already on the list May 1 when he was seen urinating in the building's garage, Reno said.
http://www.lohud.com/article/201106...ppearance-DNA-taken-from-Rossman-his-roommate

I think you raise a good question. There's another article that talks about the no trespass list. I'm going to look for it.

ETA: This article makes no sense. The headline reads: "List could have prevented pre-Spierer disappearance fight", but the article says:
Apartments spokesman Ernie Reno said Rossman was not supposed to be allowed in the building. “We do have a ‘no trespass‘ list that does exist,” he said. “There is a list of people who have historically caused problems here and our security folks keep track of them.”
:waitasec:
http://indianapublicmedia.org/news/list-prevented-prespierer-disappearance-fight/
You might be onto something. Either security was involved in the altercation, or someone was asleep on the job.

Also, by 6/10 LE was already saying that the last video they had of Lauren was when she was leaving Smallwood with CR (although he is not named), walking to his apartment. So apparently no new video with a later image has been found in the 17 days since 6/10.

Also on 6/10 in a PC, LE said they did not want to get into specifics as to whether or not Lauren saw JW that night...and that many search warrants had already been executed. So apparently probable cause was not an issue.

Hi

I have been following this case for awhile now and keeping up with the threads, news reports, etc and feel I have good idea of the reported basic facts/timeline. However, I have watched (and rewatched) this Fox 59 report from Russ McQuaid, and I am confused about something.

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-atto...raph-in-spierer-case-20110627,0,3846816.story

Specifically, Russ McQaid says at around the 1:20 mark of the video, the following:
"...that friend Corey Rossman, and Rohn, and Rosenbaum, and Spierer, all hooked up at the Indy 500 the weekend before the disappearance, along with Lauren's roommate Hadar Tamir who was also in Rosenbaum's apartment that night."

The clip then cuts immediately to video clip of Hadar Tamir and another person captioned June 9th and Hadar Tamir states on camera:
I wish we were out with her that night but we weren't
and the other person (not identified) standing with Hadar Tamir says something about not being with her that night.

I was looking over earlier news reports such as this one for example from June 14:

http://cmsstage.gdn.indystar.com/ar...s-friends-family-continue?odyssey=mod|mostcom

Hadar Tamir, Spierer's roommate at Smallwood Plaza apartments, said the 20-year-old woman from New York was hanging out with her until 12:30 a.m., then went with another Smallwood resident, David Rohn, to friend Jay Rosenbaum's apartment up the street.

Spierer, Rohn and Rosenbaum watched a basketball game at Rosenbaum's, said Tamir, who is friends with Rohn and Rosenbaum. They were joined there by Corey Rossman, who lives two doors down, she said. Tamir said Mike Beth, Rossman's roommate, was also there.

There is no mention of Hadar Tamir being at Rosenbaum's in the news reports I have read or heard other than this above linked June 27 Fox 59 video.

So I guess my question is did Russ McQuaid misspeak in the video when stating that Hadar Tamir was in Rosenbaum's apartment that night? And if not, is this first time this information has been mentioned in the press?

Or, am I hearing that what is said in that video incorrectly? Is this just sloppy reporting and/or video editing?

There is something about what is said (or implied?) and just generally the way the video is put together that I find perplexing and curious. Does anyone else?

BTW, this is my first post on websleuths so I hope I did everything correctly in putting the above together. Thanks.

I THINK that is a mistake about HT being at the apartment of JR that night...at least at the same time as Lauren. It is the first we've heard of it anyway, as far as I know.

After re-reading the whole first thread from 6/4-6/10, very depressed as it seemed as though an arrest was imminent at the time...

Good night...

I THINK that is a mistake about HT being at the apartment of JR that night...at least at the same time as Lauren. It is the first we've heard of it anyway, as far as I know.

After re-reading the whole first thread from 6/4-6/10, very depressed as it seemed as though an arrest was imminent at the time...

Good night...

I am going to go search for a link, but I too remember in some of the early reporting that HT was with LS and DR at JR's earlier in the evening of june 2nd, but that HT and LS parted ways for the evening around 12:30 am june 3rd.

BTW, this is my first post on websleuths so I hope I did everything correctly in putting the above together. Thanks.
respectfully snipped
Welcome, PineMushroom. Nice first post. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. There were conflicting reports early on about HT's whereabouts that night, and I've never been certain which was true. I'd like to get it straight.

Hello, I am new here. I have been keeping up since around the first week or so. I am as puzzled by what happened to LS, as many people here seem to be, and my opinion flops often.

Inconsistent and inaccurate reporting by MSM has made the scarce details difficult to understand. LS obviously left carrying a jacket, which is never mentioned; in one report a witness claims to have found a (single) gold key attached to a card case which has been inaccurately reported as a purse and car keys in other stories; names of people have been incorrect at times; etc.

So I am distrustful now of what is in MSM and blogs, including TG. No one seems to be doing any good digging or fact checking, as is usual in first-class reporting. For goodness sake, TG does not even know what floor she lived on and is asking here for confirmation! While you may say he's a blogger, I believe he has been present at press conferences, so that makes him "press" in my book. In the area and unable to confirm where she lives? I think that is pretty sad. I read all the threads at the PT site also. Phish Phans are pretty different from WS members!

Btown and LTLocal and others are out taking photos and making maps, walking the streets at night - great job to all of you in town doing this work and thank you. This information is so helpful to place movements and see what it's like there.

Today a report in MSM still mentioned "at least 10 persons of interest" so if you subtract CR, MB, JR, JW, DR, I am left with 5 people whose names have not been released. Hard to know if the unknown 5 are even significant! Nonetheless, that is half the list that are not being discussed in whatever limited fashion we have here.

One of the early interviews (I will find if necessary), notes that all the people who were seen with LS were interviewed and reinterviewed and that all cooperated with LE. Also reported early on was that all their apartments were searched, those with cars had cars searched, DNA given.

After all that and after this much time has passed, I don't have any issues with anyone leaving town or getting lawyers. It sounded like at the beginning of the case they all freely talked with LE and they don't have any other details to add. Could any or all of them be lying? Sure. Mistaken? Sure.

Random Thoughts:

HT - if she left Smallwood that night and was at JR's with them it would be on video, right? 300 hours - I don't hear anything about her leaving. Because she didn't? Because they didn't release that info? Because they didn't see it on the tape? Who knows? I do see that she participates in the searches.

It seems like JR's apartment does not have a back door (floor plans posted downthread). I read that the street in front of his house is busy at all times. So would not someone have seen him/them dragging something out the front door and around to the back? 90 pounds of dead weight is pretty heavy and hard to manage.

I keep thinking of those b/w photos of that woman in Vermont who borrowed a cell phone from a guy on the street, who ended up killing her. LS seems like there were no strangers, only future friends. Anything could have happened.

I do so hope it's not her friends. I hope it's not a stranger. I hope she is okay and just flipped out or did an Anne Heche disappearing thing and will show up soon, disheveled and claiming aliens took her.

I am so sorry for this woman's family and friends.

I don't have any good ideas; I think based on the feeble information I have seen as a civilian, there's not much to go on with any accuracy. I do wish people would read all the threads instead of asking questions and making accusations about things that have already been answered.

I'm not related to anyone in this case; all JMHO. Just felt compelled to write something even though it is not helpful in finding LS. Hope she is found soon! Not just LS, but all the missing people, loved and missed by their families and friends. Hoping today is the day for good news.

I agree that they should definetly talk to the police. And the police can tell what they hear to the Spierers.

I am confused when people say the friends are no talking though. We know Corey and Mike talked to the police, Jay Rosembaum talked to the police, I mean, who hasn't talked to the police?

Maybe the police and the Spierer's are frustrated that what the friends have said is not enough to solve the case. But, maybe, the friends just have nothing else to say.

It is my opinion that LE and the LS's family have more knowledge than we do about this case. I believe that the frustration has come from the fact that POI's were being very guarded and evasive of making any statements. It appears that any information in the last 3 weeks that LE has gotten from the POI's has not been volunteered. I think generally when your dealing with innocent people who have nothing to hide, they are usually much more open than most of the POI's appear to be in this case.

I know this has been beatin like a dead horse, but people that have nothing to hide, dont hide behind anything. The fact that at least several POI's have seemed less than forthcoming and LE and LS's family have expressed their frustrations about this tells me that the focus in solving this case needs to be layed right where it has been. At the feet of the POI's who have gone into shells to hide from this case.

The chances of this being a random abduction in this case IMO are almost ZERO! Lets keep this kettle hot and see if we can't get somebody to talk.

Keep in mind LE doesn't use words like "troubling" "perplexing" and "curious" to describe POI's behaviors unless their is clear reasons for them to do so.

Dollars to donuts at least two of the POI's were involved in whatever may have happend to LS, I'd bet my lunch on it.

What do you guys all make of this:

"She is just a really fun and smart girl who loves hanging out and partying, and unfortunately it went too far this time."

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/sear...ester-20110607

It's in the video, btw.

I am shocked, I never saw this video and I have to say HT sounds like she inadvertantly opened her mouth and gave us a tiny nugget of truth.

HT's statement is not consistent with something that a concerned friend and roomate would say, that had NO KNOWLEDGE of what may have happend to her.

If HT thought that this was a random abduction, accident, etc. she wouldn't have made that statement.

HT's statement certainly sounds like something somebody would say that knows fairly specificly about what happend to LS.

I am shocked, I never saw this video and I have to say HT sounds like she inadvertantly opened her mouth and gave us a tiny nugget of truth.

HT's statement is not consistent with something that a concerned friend and roomate would say, that had NO KNOWLEDGE of what may have happend to her.

If HT thought that this was a random abduction, accident, etc. she wouldn't have made that statement.

HT's statement certainly sounds like something somebody would say that knows fairly specificly about what happend to LS.

I respectfully disagree with your conclusions. it obviously went too far that night/early morning. Lauren's all night partying has led to a three week nightmare for her family, regardless of whether she died of an OD, heart condition, one of the guys did her in, a stranger picked her up off the street, etc.

I'm not blaming her as such, but I can see where the roommate is coming from.

I respectfully disagree with your conclusions. it obviously went too far that night/early morning. Lauren's all night partying has led to a three week nightmare for her family, regardless of whether she died of an OD, heart condition, one of the guys did her in, a stranger picked her up off the street, etc.

Please keep in mind, that video, where HT claims LS was out partying and "went too far" is dated June 7th. I saw it again earlier yesterday and I had the same reaction, that she may have known more than she has said.

So you think that HT's statement on that news broadcast is consistent with somebody who knows absolutely nothing of what may have happend to LS that night?

I'm not suggesting that HT was directly involved in whatever happend to LS, but her statement would lend credence to the idea that she may be "in the know" of what happend to LS. These OD rumors came from somewhere, they didn't just fabricate themselves. HT may be hinting at the truth here IMO.

Yeah... all someone needs in order to say such a thing is to know that Lauren was rather wasted that night, that's no indication HT knows anything we don't.

I have read something on this in the past, but I believe only one post and little response:

LS left her keys at Kilroy's at 2:30 ish, (at which time JW's 'friend/roomate' claims he's asleep for the night - JW's alibi. Kilroy's closes at 3:00 AM....so the texts from JW to LS where Kilroy's worker calls back JW and informs him that she left her phone there takes place the next day (Friday, June 3)? ....but Kilroy's doesn't open until 4:00 PM. I believe LS was reported missing around 2:00 or 3:00???? When did Kilroy's make the call and when did he pick it up? Who has her phone...LE?

Is there any MSM facts that support this or this is still just more information that hasn't been release that we're guessing at?

Even if the bar opens at 4 pm, there could have been employees there earlier than 4 pm to prepare for opening.

Even if the bar opens at 4 pm, there could have been employees there earlier than 4 pm to prepare for opening.

This is correct. Open for business at 4, but I've gone in there a few hours earlier to pick up a forgotten credit card before.

I went to Indiana University in the '90s, which partly explains my keen interest in this case (I also I am avid reader of true crime stories, Anne Rule for example).

When I was a student at IU (again in the '90s) I know my girlfriend at the time and her friends were not comfortable walking home at night. My girlfriend would call me (via the landlines because their were no cell phones then) from whatever IU building she was studying at and I would often go and collect her (but admittedly sometimes I would moan and ask her just walk home alone...).

One of my gf's sorority sister would RUN home to her house if she left campus building after dark and it was only blocks away. As a male I thought this was probably an overreaction to the fear, but I understood that Bloomington/IU was/is a diverse place where at that time at least women did not feel safe walking home at night even relatively short distances and also now recognize that men don't often enough recognize the vulnerability women feel (and should feel) at certain times (again hindsight for me). I vaguely remember news about about attempted assaults etc but I can't recall the details and I do not have Lexis/Nexis to pull up any specific news reports from that time. But, iirc there was even a take-back-the-night type campaign in those years.

I have no idea what IU/Bloomington is like now but at that time there were certainly women who did not walk alone without some fear. And I was admittedly someone who did not always go and get my gf when she wanted someone to walk her home and not something I have proud of in hindsight at all ...

The above has no bearing on the current case or any of the people involved of course but there has been some discussion of IU/Bloomington in the media in regards to walking alone at night and how safe or unsafe that might be so I wanted to give my two cents on the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson