IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Using that logic, none of the POIs would be able to hide a body. So why hasn't police ruled all of them out by now?

Not true for a couple of reasons. We've been told at least one of the disclosed POIs wasn't partying that night (JW).

We also don't know who the other, unnamed POIs are, or their relative level of sobriety.

And if it's foul play instead of an OD, that changes the structure of the situation quite a bit.

So can we do a quick voting??

If you could pick one out of these, what would you pick as the most likely scenario?

1) OD + friend(s) hid body

2) Boyfriend killed her

3) One of the guys killed her

4) A stranger killed her

5) She had a freak accident

6) She is alive and held captive somehwere...

I choose 4.

If it's number 4, it had to be a crime of opportunity. I just don't see someone planning an abduction at 4:00am on a Thursday night, etc. Of course this could have happened, but if it is stranger, I don't think the person intended to abduct someone on that particular night.

If you could pick one out of these, what would you pick as the most likely scenario?

2) Boyfriend killed her

4) A stranger killed her

I choose 4.

If by "One of the guys" you mean "One of the POIs (named and unnamed)", then I'd go with 3.

There is no confirmation of 3:15am arrival time. There's really no confirmation that she every got there.

While I agree that we don't know where the 3:15 am timeline comes from, why would JR say she got there if she never did? He is implicating himself as a last known person to have seen her, so I really don't see any reason for him to claim she was there if she wasn't.

Morgan's case was the first one I followed at WS and let me tell you all - the friends took A LOT of heat. I remember it really well. Their facebook were posted, picture of her girlfriends partying in Halloween after her dissapearance... it was very similar to this.

The difference is, Morgan's friends were inside an Arena while Morgan vanished. And they still got heat.

It ended up being a stranger abduction and her body was found months later a few miles away...

I really believe this case will have a similar outcome. MOO.

So many theories were discussed, basketball guys, friends, the friend's boyfriend, a possible boyfriend she met up with... in the end, a stranger found her wandering around intoxicated, raped, killed and disposed of her body.

The MH case has not been resolved.

MH may well have voluntarily entered a vehicle on the Copeley bridge (as LE seems to believe), removed the battery from her cell phone herself, and then traveled with at least 2 other people, at least one of which may have been known to her. This group may be responsible for her death.

IMO: the unidentified man referred to as "Sketch" may have ties to UVA or VTech, and he may be a graduate student or professional.

Nothing has been proven yet.

If it's number 4, it had to be a crime of opportunity. I just don't see someone planning an abduction at 4:00am on a Thursday night, etc. Of course this could have happened, but if it is stranger, I don't think the person intended to abduct someone on that particular night.

100%! I don't think it was planned at all. My theory is someone stumbled upon a cute intoxicated girl... had an urge... things got violent. Probably some sexual predator. Have we checked the ones in the area??

100%! I don't think it was planned at all. My theory is someone stumbled upon a cute intoxicated girl... had an urge... things got violent. Probably some sexual predator. Have we checked the ones in the area??

LE have said they checked all the sex offenders in the area.

The MH case has not been resolved.

MH may well have voluntarily entered a vehicle on the Copeley bridge (as LE seems to believe), removed the battery from her cell phone herself, and then traveled with at least 2 other people, at least one of which may have been known to her. This group may be responsible for her death.

IMO: the unidentified man referred to as "Sketch" may have ties to UVA or VTech, and he may be a graduate student or professional.

Nothing has been proven yet.

Well, people will always continue with conspiracy theories. For all we know the US planned the attack on the WTC.

The DNA matched the sketch of a guy who had already tried to assault another women before.

But like I said, the theories can always continue.

I think that IF it was a stranger abduction, that I agree with you. I dont believe that the crime of opportunity necessarily means that a predator was searching for a girl to abduct that night and just "got lucky."

I think, like you, some creep noticed a cute drunk girl walking home and possibly A) "kindly" offered her a ride and she accepted, or B) forced her in the car.

While I agree that we don't know where the 3:15 am timeline comes from, why would JR say she got there if she never did? He is implicating himself as a last known person to have seen her, so I really don't see any reason for him to claim she was there if she wasn't.

That's what I was getting at, we don't know who is claiming the 3:15 time. JR, someone else at JR's, MB saying she left around then, the reporter trying to read between the lines, etc.

Not true for a couple of reasons. We've been told at least one of the disclosed POIs wasn't partying that night (JW).

We also don't know who the other, unnamed POIs are, or their relative level of sobriety.

And if it's foul play instead of an OD, that changes the structure of the situation quite a bit.

Well JW was supposedly watching a basketball game. Is it out of the realm of possibility that a group of college students watching a game could have been drinking beer or other alcoholic beverages? So I don't understand how you can know that JW was in fact sober? And we don't know for a fact if JR was drinking anything either.

I consider it implausible given the current information that we've been given, that's all. I don't buy the notion that a drugged-up JR and his mystery guest would have the immediate reaction of covering up an OD, the wherewithal to hide the body as well as it's apparently been hidden, and the ability to effectively cover up the scene of the death. Nor do I think, given the national attention of the case and the legal abilities of his attorney, that JR wouldn't have given up the location of the body in exchange for leniency from LE. After all, if she OD'd, he's likely not getting charged with murder.

I would like to respectfully disagree with everything you've said.

Unless you believe JR's statements, then the current information does in fact make this a very plausible and realistic theory.
OD or not, life threatening "episodes" do not all end the same and create a big scene that needs to be covered up.
Lastly, whoever disposed of a body is obviously not thinking straight during that time or 30 days after they did it.. That person would likely be scared of someone leaking a tip which could lead to the body. And I bet you they would keep that secret to themselves for as long as no body is found, no matter how much attention is on the case.

All just my opinion.

I think that IF it was a stranger abduction, that I agree with you. I dont believe that the crime of opportunity necessarily means that a predator was searching for a girl to abduct that night and just "got lucky."

I think, like you, some creep noticed a cute drunk girl walking home and possibly A) "kindly" offered her a ride and she accepted, or B) forced her in the car.

She may not have even gotten into a car. She may have ended up on someone elses door step.

I won't/can't sit here and say no stranger abduction, but it is my last choice right now. Tiny window of opportunity as far as we know, no trolling cars reported or captured on video, also no one at all has come forward to say they saw Lauren at all, when she should have been quite visible at that hour.

I don't have any one first choice/opinion. As I said before, I will stick with LE for now, and watch where their evidence and investigation is taking them.

On the "stranger" theory, maybe it wasn't even some creep, maybe a college student? Construction worker? Someone who worked on the apartment complexes? A drug dealer? Someone who was also out partying? The options are endless.

I really believed it could have been one of the POI's... but after their cars/homes have been searched and no sign of Lauren or of foul play, it seems more likely to me that someone else is hiding her/foresenic evidence.

2) Boyfriend killed her

4) A stranger killed her

I choose 4.

I am still on the fence since nothing feels "right". But I think it's much more likely that she died accidentally (OD) than violently. I just don't know where, what time and with whom. Or where she is now.

Also in Morgan's case, several people came forward and gave their accounts of meeting up with or seeing Morgan once she left the arena, so her friends were not the last to see her.

I won't/can't sit here and say no stranger abduction, but it is my last choice right now. Tiny window of opportunity as far as we know, no trolling cars reported or captured on video, also no one at all has come forward to say they saw Lauren at all, when she should have been quite visible at that hour.

I don't have any one first choice/opinion. As I said before, I will stick with LE for now, and watch where their evidence and investigation is taking them.

And that's the beauty of life and WS - we all have different opinions.

But just to elaborate on your argument - 11pm or so on a crowded venue - it's a lot more easy to have spotted Morgan as opposed to at 4am on an empty street.

I am heartened about the way folks in this space are discussing the 3:38a witness sighting with such importance. I am out on a limb on this --being that I am still the only one reporting her existence -- despite police confirmation. Please may I make a very important statement here: This Woman Is A Great Citizen. She saw something and said something. She went to police. She went back to work-up a sketch. I feel that she has been a little left out to dry. Maybe by police, who "debunked" some of her story. Whether she got everything right or not, she is the only person that I know of who has had information about this case and has gone to authorities.
You make a good point, and we shouldn't forget it. I don't know what to make of her claim. My mind is certainly open, except, as you say, with the timeline LE threw up a brick wall that's hard to get around. Regardless, in a situation full of secrecy and evasiveness, this woman stood up and did what was right.

I am still on the fence since nothing feels "right". But I think it's much more likely that she died accidentally (OD) than violently. I just don't know where, what time and with whom. Or where she is now.

That's what makes for an interesting case for me-so many possibilities and still no real clue as to what happened. I am concerned though that LE also has no clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johndavid125