IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Tony
Thanks for your efforts, here.
Your witness gives a detailed description of the male, height weight, haircolor, sideburns polo. What details /words did she use to describe the physical features of the female?

thank you

Petite, small, very small. Blonde. 99 percent sure it was Lauren. The guy was asking do you want to go home and she was not even able to get out any words.

Earlier in this post, someone told me that decomposition scents would take awhile to take hold (1-2 hours) and that cadaver dogs were not used on the cars right away. Are these untrue statements?

Kind of OT, but I am reading a book about missing persons cases over the past century or so, and a study was done over an 8-yr period on amnesia, determining that 50% of all cases were faked, and more so when the person had something to gain, or to lose, by having amnesia. For what it's worth.

Corey Rossman's amnesia was definetly very convenient - although if he was truly wasted and got punched, it might not have been faked. Who knows.

This is another really WEIRD thing about this case. The guy who was with Lauren for most of the night conveniently does not remember anything... I mean, it does not get any weirder than this.

Did the study include people who were incredibly drunk and/or under the influence of other drugs like Xanax? I have never really doubted CR's statements because even just alcohol influenced loss of memories seems really common.

Well, people will always continue with conspiracy theories. For all we know the US planned the attack on the WTC.

The DNA matched the sketch of a guy who had already tried to assault another women before.

But like I said, the theories can always continue.

Theories will continue because theories are all we've got so far.

"Sketch" may not have been the actual killer. LE has only stated that MH came into contact with him at some point that night.

Also, how do you know that MH and Sketch were complete strangers? IMO: he is associated somehow with UVA/VTech.

These two cases, LS & MH, seem amazingly similar.

[As for the WTC, (sorry for the off-topic comment): Blaming the entire US government is not realistic. JMO: 9/11 was a mob hit done by organized crime centered on Brighton Beach, Brooklyn].

I completely agree that Morgan Harrington and Lauren Spierer's cases are very similar.

Even the parents and the amazing way they carry themselves is very similar. Lauren's father really reminds me of Morgan's father as well...

They said they obtained search warrants very early on. And even if they didn't, foresenic evidence of a body on a trunk would still be traceable.

They listed the POI's early on, I think they probably did searh their homes/cars. It would be crazy not to.

If a body was put inside something else before going into a vehicle, then there is a good chance that no trace evidence of a body would be anywhere in that vehicle. Assuming it all happened the morning of June 3.

I agree, it would be crazy not to search the cars early on.. but we are learning that they are just now searching the houses of the POI's, that's even crazier. All this should have been done ASAP.

If a body was put inside something else before going into the vehicle, then there is a good chance that no trace evidence of a body would be anywhere in that vehicle. Assuming it all happened the morning of June 3.

I agree, it would be crazy not to search the cars early on.. but we are learning that they are just now searching the houses of the POI's, that's even crazier. All this should have been done ASAP.

To be honest, LE doesn't seem 100% prepared for a case like this.

We're not allowed to talk about this person, even if we use initials?
No, but if I wanted to mention him I would just call him the resident of College&10th that fits the description of the mystery person

To be honest, LE doesn't seem 100% prepared for a case like this.

It's sad, but I kinda agree with you on that.. I do think that they are trying to do everything to the best of their ability though. The last similar case Bloomington dealt with was about 10 years ago.

The Keys being found right after the last Video Cam is really bugging me!
So the AA guy says he says the keys laying there then a couple of hours later a friend of his moves them to the ledge is that the story?
her losing the keys on the way to 5 North just really seems old then again leaving shoes at sports is odd as well

Where are we learning that they are just now searching the houses? It seems that would in fact be counter to what was announced at some of the early news conferences.

Where are we learning that they are just now searching the houses? It seems that would in fact be counter to what was announced at some of the early news conferences.

Maybe I'm forgetting something.. I know that LE searched Smallwood. But did they already search the guys houses/apartments a first time, prior to searching with the dogs just the other day? The search with dogs going through the homes, just happened yesterday or the day before I thought.

So the AA guy says he says the keys laying there then a couple of hours later a friend of his moves them to the ledge is that the story?
her losing the keys on the way to 5 North just really seems old then again leaving shoes at sports is odd as well

Good question. According to JR did she have her keys when she left him or did he give her his credit card so she could break into Smallwood when she got there.

100%! I don't think it was planned at all. My theory is someone stumbled upon a cute intoxicated girl... had an urge... things got violent. Probably some sexual predator. Have we checked the ones in the area??

IMHO the comments from police and family lead me to believe that neither one of those interested parties believes a stranger-on-stranger abduction is the most likely scenario and I just have to believe that they have a lot more information then the public has on the matter. If they thought it a stranger it would seem odd that nearly 30 days after LS went missing and the general search being called off, they would be going back to the residences of POIs with dogs?

If it does turn out to be a stranger abduction I would find the past comments of LE and the family perplexing to say the least as they have have imho opinion made no effort to hide their feelings about the 'friends', which then puts in minds of most people that the friends know something and instead of having the public looking at the odd next door neighbor or the guy that didn't turn up for work that morning. No, instead the family is disappointed in the friends and the Cap. McQualters is perplexed by them - that has been the takeaway from the press conferences recently.

Again, this is all my imho, but I just don't see stranger abduction here.

yes, it is odd. and she is sighted for the last time.. but it's just as odd to think she never made it to 5 North since we have 3 (or more) people attesting that she was there after 3 AM.

Maybe I'm forgetting something.. I know that LE searched Smallwood. But did they already search the guys houses/apartments a first time, prior to searching with the dogs just the other day? The search with dogs going through the homes, just happened yesterday or the day before I thought.

yes they were searched as early as the 7th as mentioned earlier this evening. yesterday's search with dogs may have been cadaver dogs which may have not been used when they were still searching for live LS. Also, yesterday's search could have been just to make the POIs sweat more. But yes, yes they have already searched, quite early in the investigation.

Kind of OT, but I am reading a book about missing persons cases over the past century or so, and a study was done over an 8-yr period on amnesia, determining that 50% of all cases were faked, and more so when the person had something to gain, or to lose, by having amnesia. For what it's worth.

I agree. A lot of drunks have blackouts, though. Sometimes the memories come back to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johndavid125