IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can dismiss my theory if you want.

I've been following this case from day 1 and I just feel like being snatched by a stranger seems like the more plausible scenario here.

I do not have knowledge of the Btown area, but what I do know, is that women are raped/killed by strangers everywhere in the world. It happens.

After 3 weeks of search, I think that if any of the POI's were involved, police would have found some kind of evidence on their apartments. If she OD'd, there would be some kind of foresenic evidene left on one of the guy's apartment.

For me, the most simple theory is that Lauren left Rosembaum's house, maybe tried to walk to her boyfriend's house, and got offered a ride or got talked up by a stranger.

This is how I feel as well. To me all the scenarios are extremely unlikely and in this "choose your poison" scenario, I'm going with stranger abduction most likely on a walk from 5North to JW's house. Just my $.02

I believe that IF LS was in such a stupor, she wouldn't even have the wherewithal to want to go home - or anywhere for that matter - she'd likely want to just curl up on the couch and sleep - UNLESS she took coke (which I think may be likely), at which case, she could have had the energy to leave.

I've wondered if she perhaps didn't leave to get away from JR. Maybe he was making unwanted advances or something. Perhaps she left and then he went walking after her. He may have grabbed her and taken her into the construction area (Isn't there s vacant building nearby?) If that is the case, she could have easily been murdered elsewhere, and they will find no evidence of that in his home.

This is how I feel as well. To me all the scenarios are extremely unlikely and in this "choose your poison" scenario, I'm going with stranger abduction most likely on a walk from 5North to JW's house. Just my $.02

But then why didn't she call JW to say she was on her way....

Please forgive me if it has been discussed already but is the gravel lot(where the dogs lost the scent) in route to JWs or smallwood?

If LS's call to DR was for keys or to locate her cell phone; why did she wait until 4:15 to try to locate these items? And apparently her keys/purse were readily findable by her or her mates.

Please forgive me if it has been discussed already but is the gravel lot(where the dogs lost the scent) in route to JWs or smallwood?

Smallwood (via the alleys between 10th & Morton)

Does anyone have a speaker list? Was the IU Hillel Rabbi Sue Silberberg a speaker? As the vigil appeared non-denominational, and I just wondered if a rabbi from the community also spoke as I didn't see anything in the news reports about her. Thanks if anyone has information.

I have another question regarding non-LE search organization in missing person cases (and changes to same) but I will wait until after the presser to ask that question of WS regulars.

I am still learning about the process in these cases.

Spierers will leave Bloomington =[

Tough decision...

I am guessing one of them will stay, at least until the Fall semester beings, if they do not find anything significant.

Hardest decision they will ever make.

Do we know she didn't? Correct me If I'm wrong, but I thought the info about the 4:15 am call came from HT and then DR's attorney. How do we know there wasn't another call made from JR's phone? Maybe I missed something?

To those who feel that these kids would call 911 and do the "right" thing.. I have a personal experience of what really happens when push comes to shove and life is lost..the word "friends" goes out the door..

Thanks for the story...that's tough to hear about...I hope justice slaps that ring leaders face before someone else gets killed.

Do we know she didn't? Correct me If I'm wrong, but I thought the info about the 4:15 am call came from HT and then DR's attorney. How do we know there wasn't another call made from JR's phone? Maybe I missed something?

Well if HT was called that morning, I can't believe that she wouldn't have told the press all about it.

Her parents are not leaving Bloomington. They will continue to search.

WOW. Direct appeal to the parents of the children who may know what happened to Lauren. Wow.

Her parents are not leaving Bloomington. They will continue to search.

The father says they are appealing to parents of children who might have knowledge of what happened to Lauren.

Spierers will leave Bloomington =[

Tough decision...

Would have been my guess also, but it appears they are both staying in Bloomington to continue the search, hand out more flyers this weekend, etc. Good to hear that they are so committed, but can't imagine how tough it must be on them. They both look exhausted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove