IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO "Don't be sorry, just be honest" is speaking to someone directly and it sounds as though they have a good, solid theory (or at least hope for one). If they didn't feel there was a solid theory, how would they know/assume that anyone was sorry? IF this is a rape/murder, or random abduction, maybe no one was really sorry. Of course maybe someone is sorry for giving her drugs, but that just doesn't seem to be what the Spierers are speaking about. To me, this screams "accident" as in an accidental death or an OD for which they are sorry that they had involvement. If they're just sorry for letting her walk away on the street (and then she was later abducted), then what would they not be being honest about?

It sounds to me that they KNOW the boys aren't being honest. I'm really leaning towards either an accident at 5North or some connection to the boys who punched CR (and the 5 North Boys being too scared to discuss it).

Seriously, if these kids know something and that is a direct plea to one of them, I would take my licks and do the right thing, PRONTO! Get it into the light of day, and man up.

Why would the Spierers ask someone to not be sorry, unless they know that one of them is? This tells me that maybe one of these boys has called The Spierers or written them a letter, perhaps simply apologizing for letting LS walk home alone that night, or something to that effect. It doesn't sound like an assumption; it sounds like they are directing the comment specifically towards someone whom they know to be sorry for something. The only two people who I can think of who'd possibly do that would be JR or JW. I can't really see the other boys writing the Spierers if they are innocent and had nothing really to claim that they were "sorry" for. They're not likely going to say something like, "I'm sorry I gave her drugs". It could be a generic, "I'm so sorry for the loss of your daughter" but I just don't think so. I could see JR saying he was sorry for letting her leave, or JW saying he was sorry that he didn't go out that night with her. Anyone else?

What if they aren't speaking to someone they believe is at fault, but just to someone who they think knows what happened? Someone who is friends with all of the POIs and is female, and keeps saying I am so sorry that this happened...
I could see that too and in my mind could fit HT to a tee.

Most of the SO's addresses is the jail located 1/2 mile from Lauren's..lol..

Most of the SO's addresses is the jail located 1/2 mile from Lauren's..lol..

Correction.

The jail is right next door to Smallwood.
3 blocks from where she was last seen.

spierermap3.jpg

No big deal here, but just found this a little interesting. Here are the words of Blair Wallach, a friend who was already gone for the summer when LS disappeared:
“I know what everyone knows. Honestly, the only things that I know are the facts that are out there. I have no idea if she went somewhere else. All I know is she never went to Smallwood.”
http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81845

I have no idea if she went someplace else.
Is this a question she was asked?

Here is the actual tweet posted 9 hours ago:

NewsOnLaurenS MISSINGLaurenSpierer
Don't be sorry, just start being honest. It's not going to go away. The situation or the guilt. No one will know you called: 800-CRIME-TV.

Yikes, I thought this had been done weeks ago.

What gives with the 1/2 mi radius?

Ugh.

I know. Right?

Also, it says they tracked down the ones who live within 1/2 mile.
What about the ones who live outside the 1/2 mile but work within the 1/2 mile?

And then any other SO's that might feel like the bars in the 1/2 mile radius are worthy of going to, and live out of that 1/2 mile radius? This is what I mean by tunnel vision.

Wow, after Btown's mapping, now I'll add, anyone being familiar with the jail/ courthouse, as well as the liquor store Big Red across from Smallwood.

Wow, after Btown's mapping, now I'll add, anyone being familiar with the jail/ courthouse, as well as the liquor store Big Red across from Smallwood.

When the SW project went before city planning a county plan commissioner said, "great, this developer should just build a slide from the liquor store to the jail!

Btown do you remember this?

When the SW project went before city planning a county plan commissioner said, "great, this developer should just build a slide from the liquor store to the jail!

Btown do you remember this?

Makes sense to me, because not only drunk drivers would be familiar with the jail and liquor store, so would the drinking students, etc.

From the NewsOnLaurenS twitter feed: New Spierer plea: "Don't be sorry, just start being honest" - bit.ly/ntBbAm (via @13 WTHR)

Wish that all the celebs who tweet about Lauren missing would tweet this. I read that Reggie bush tweet Lauren to 1 and 1/2 million peeps.

Correction.

The jail is right next door to Smallwood.
3 blocks from where she was last seen.

spierermap3.jpg

When I see the white truck on the map and the 4:14/4:24 timeline I am afraid. I mean what a coincidence!

Here is the actual tweet posted 9 hours ago:

NewsOnLaurenS MISSINGLaurenSpierer
Don't be sorry, just start being honest. It's not going to go away. The situation or the guilt. No one will know you called: 800-CRIME-TV.

I think this sounds like an appeal to a friend who might know something and is sorry but still can't find the strength to turn another friend in because of loyalty or a fear for safety or of being rejected by the rest of the group -- "No one will know you called" doesn't sound like an appeal to the actual suspect to me.

As a sidenote, that twitter feed is not run by Lauren's family or anyone who knows them or Lauren personally (source: http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81944), so we can't be sure that this person is speaking for the family (although they clearly have embrace the feed as it's available on findlauren.com.)

In the Reflections section of findlauren.com, letters are being selected and displayed. Here is a paragraph from the top letter.
I keep praying that your daughter’s friends will find the courage to go to police and tell them anything and everything they know. May God stir their young hearts and minds, fill them with compassion and love, and may He grant them the grace to be able to
truly empathize with your experience instead of carrying on in regretful silence.

If the family, or someone associated with them is responsible for the selection, then it does mean this is a continuing message to LS's friends.

When I see the white truck on the map and the 4:14/4:24 timeline I am afraid. I mean what a coincidence!
B'town added the white truck to the map when we were discussing the truck caught on camera. Of course, since then we've learned the truck was not involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13