IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
B'town added the white truck to the map when we were discussing the truck caught on camera. Of course, since then we've learned the truck was not involved.

Yeah, I should probably remove that, or at least combine it to one time since they now say the truck only went thru once.

Sorry

I think this sounds like an appeal to a friend who might know something and is sorry but still can't find the strength to turn another friend in because of loyalty or a fear for safety or of being rejected by the rest of the group -- "No one will know you called" doesn't sound like an appeal to the actual suspect to me.

As a sidenote, that twitter feed is not run by Lauren's family or anyone who knows them or Lauren personally (source: http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81944), so we can't be sure that this person is speaking for the family (although they clearly have embrace the feed as it's available on findlauren.com.)

If the tweet isn't directly from the family, then I don't give it as much weight anymore. This now seems no different than people on WS and other sites saying basically the same thing - that the boys need to come forward with all that they know. However, I do agree that the "No one will know you called" sure sounds like an appeal to someone to turn in a friend, as opposed to a suspect. I would guess this person is accusing someone at 5 North. I think that if JW had something to do with this, he wouldn't have told anyone. Therefore, there would be no one to come forward with any info.

One thing that I think is sort of curious is how little we've heard about Hillel's involvement lately. At first they were hosting searches as well as information online about Lauren, but in the last press conference the Spierers thanked many people and organizations without mentioning Hillel, the prayer vigil was held at a church; no mention of representatives from Hillel being there, and I don't think any of the most recent searches or other events have been held or originated at Hillel. Seems odd because it seems as if it the Spierers were pretty involved with their local temple in Scarsdale.

I wonder if Hillel has distanced itself because of divided loyalties between the Spierers and some of the POIs?

Has anyone seen the latest crazy tweet? From @chickjustin? (Bessie/mods, I'm sorry if that's not allowed, please let me know and I will delete!)

I just read the past tweets of this person who tweeted about being honest. One past tweet was "Can imagine an accident the night Lauren went missing, but staying quiet this long is no accident. " Therefore, I think this is just speculation. I really don't think he/she was directing at one person in particular anymore. I think he/she is just going on a personal theory that something may have happened at 5 North and that someone else knows about it.

HT has made it clear that she believes JR that LS turned the corner of 11th and college at 4:30.So unless we are to believe she OD in the middle of college ave she was alluding to no such thing and I guess if the police read this site the police have now heard rumors of her running off to Israel.While you also want to spin MR.Saltzman statement that party means drug use MR.Chapman MB lawyer (The guy that actually claims to have heard LS make that statement) when asked about the possibility of an OD said "As far as I could tell, there's absolutely no truth or basis to that,".Maybe I am wrong on this point but when people refer to someone being intoxicated my understanding is they mean alcohol.I do not know who you are referring to as a reporter with a reputation to protect but if you mean <modsnip>. Also I have not read where one reputable news organization with reporters that do have a reputation to protect have collaborated his claims of drug use on LS part.So I stand by my statement.I have not seen you present one fact to back up your allegation.All I see is a bunch of rumors and your attempt twist people statements to mean drug use.When If you look at their statement in its entirety it means no such thing.

Unless you've been living under a rock you know what a 20 year old, wealthy Northeastern student at a midwest Big Ten school means when she says "party" at 3:00am.

One of the few clear public statements the BPD has publicly made was that they have "absolutely" heard rumors of an OD and can't rule it out. Virtually every "reputable news organization that [does] have a reputation to protect" has reported on this, <modsnip>.

HT believes JR is your best point? She's been inconsistent throughout.

Is @chickjustin someone completely removed from the case with the initials GR?

some of us are theorizing that is the case. as well as another internet personality, the person posing as the step-sister to ZO.

some of us are theorizing that is the case. as well as another internet personality, the person posing as the step-sister to ZO.

Thanks, that's what I thought when I saw I could click on a link entitled "endthedrugwar," lol.

However, I do agree that the "No one will know you called" sure sounds like an appeal to someone to turn in a friend, as opposed to a suspect. I would guess this person is accusing someone at 5 North.

I disagree. Crimestoppers (and other similar programs that ask people to call a special line if they know information about a crime) always emphasize that the call is confidential, etc.

Looks like the author of the article has his email listed. I was thinking of emailing him until I decided it was too unlikely to be real.

Where did you hear that there were a few people who heard it?
And, where did you hear that the scent trail ended there? - I heard that too, but I was just asking if you remember where since I don't.

It was a post by Surly Sasha thread #4 post #204: RBBM

06-14-2011, 09:31 PM
Surly Sasha

"I don't know if it's okay to mention these things (if not would a mod please delete) but here are a couple of tidbits:

Today I went by the alley/5 North/Smallwood and there were guys in military uniforms literally on their hands and knees going through the grass.

The other day I was part of the later search party and we were told specifically to look for jewelry items.

While I was handing out fliers I was stopped by a couple of homeless guys. They told me that they also had heard a girl scream around 4:15 am as they were walking to the woods behind the ReStore (this is almost directly across 11th from 5 North apartments). They aren't the ones who are mentioned in the Herald-Times article, although both said they've given statements to the police.

They also said that some other homeless people saw LS with a group of men on the Hill. The Hill (there's an actual name for the apartment complex but I can't remember what it is) is a public housing complex not far from 5 North (it's further away from downtown on 11th street). It's pretty rough for Bloomington's standards and there are a lot of drugs in that area.

Now, I'll state here that this makes no sense to me. Talk about different worlds, but I'll throw it out there because it's what these guys told me.

These guys--and, apparently, the homeless population--think that LS is the victim of a stranger abduction and that she won't be found.

When I searched Sunday I rewalked her route with WS in mind since most of you can't actually be here. The beginning of the alley is really uneven and it would be awful to try to navigate drunk, in the dark, with no shoes. There is gravel everywhere. It starts at the parking garage under Smallwood and ends at 5 North. Once you get between the apartment building between the two (I can't remember its name but you walk by its pool and dumpster) it becomes smoother, narrows (before it is 'open' on either side--there's a parking lot, someone's back yard, construction gravel lot) so that there are walls on either side, and there are cameras.

If one of the guys from 5 North wanted to get their car to move her body they would have to be on camera unless they weren't parked at the complex (which doesn't make any sense, as downtown parking is ridiculous).

CR/MB and JR's apartments are facing 11th street. They literally open their front doors to the sidewalk and then 11th is right there on the other side of the sidewalk. There's no grass median or anything. Both have LS missing posters on their windows and doors. The westbound lane of 11th street was closed when LS disappeared (it's all closed now because of construction) so only eastbound traffic could go that way. Directly across the street is the skeleton of a new apartment building, then to the west is a grass field, an abandoned car dealership, and the ReStore. Behind all of that is the woods and railroad tracks where many of the homeless people sleep.

*If* a stranger grabbed LS it would have been easiest to do between JR's apartment and College. It's dark, there would have been no cars coming from the opposite direction, and it's not a terribly busy street compared to some other cross streets. Of course, JR said he saw her go to the corner so...

However, the ground slants some on the way to the corner and I wonder if JR could have really seen her on the corner. I'm only a couple of inches taller than LS and my friend, who stood by JR's door while I walked to the corner, couldn't see me once I got there. Besides, he would have had to have been standing outside because his front door faces 11th street, not College.

Once you get to College there are still no cameras until you get to Salzmann's office, which is at 10th and College (his cameras face his parking lot, though). Cars coming up College would just be coming over a little hill so you wouldn't have been able to see LS, pull over, and grab her unless you were just creeping along looking for someone (and that's not obvious, lol).

Still, there's a little alleyway/driveway between 10th and 11th streets that someone could be waiting at in a vehicle. And once she got to 10th Street there would be room for a car to pull over on College. There's really nowhere she could have ran to if someone came up on her, as there are stores there and all would obviously have been closed.

Even when I got to her block I didn't see any obvious cameras until I got to Smallwood's awning, where there's a bubble camera.

I walked right into Smallwood. A Hinds security guy walked through with his lunch and said hi to me. There's no front desk or anything right there. A girl got on the elevator and I didn't see her use a keycard or anything (which isn't to say there isn't something on the elevator you have to swipe to get it to move) but I didn't want to be any creepier than I probably already was so I left."

B'town added the white truck to the map when we were discussing the truck caught on camera. Of course, since then we've learned the truck was not involved.

Sorry I need to clarify. I know that about the truck it's just seeing it in context rather than the fuzzy close-up. Ironic that this is really the only thing LE has been confident about and i'm wondering how can they be that sure.

Separate individuals, both equally, uh passionate?, about their cause.

I stopped reading after like a min, and I hate to even ask this, but has anyone else looked into some of that stuff? Like the police saying she never came back to Smallwood before they actually had the tape. Obviously not having the tape and not viewing the tape are two different things, and I want to make it clear that I in no way, shape or form agree with any of what whack-a-doo is purporting...

I'm afraid to even go look again because I feel like I might get sucked down a rabbit hole, lol.

One thing that I think is sort of curious is how little we've heard about Hillel's involvement lately. At first they were hosting searches as well as information online about Lauren, but in the last press conference the Spierers thanked many people and organizations without mentioning Hillel, the prayer vigil was held at a church; no mention of representatives from Hillel being there, and I don't think any of the most recent searches or other events have been held or originated at Hillel. Seems odd because it seems as if it the Spierers were pretty involved with their local temple in Scarsdale.

I wonder if Hillel has distanced itself because of divided loyalties between the Spierers and some of the POIs?

True. I see it as just a transition from Hillel hitting the ground running at the beginning but then IU stepped in with resources that it allowed Hillel to get back to it's regular function. H is still in charge of handling the $$ donations.

I disagree. Crimestoppers (and other similar programs that ask people to call a special line if they know information about a crime) always emphasize that the call is confidential, etc.

I'm sorry. I'm not sure what you were disagreeing with me about. My post didn't have anything to do with confidentiality. Can you explain? I was merely agreeing that the quote sounded more like the comment was being directed towards someone who may know something, rather than the criminal himself. Of course the call would be confidential.

I stopped reading after like a min, and I hate to even ask this, but has anyone else looked into some of that stuff? Like the police saying she never came back to Smallwood before they actually had the tape. Obviously not having the tape and not viewing the tape are two different things, and I want to make it clear that I in no way, shape or form agree with any of what whack-a-doo is purporting...

I'm afraid to even go look again because I feel like I might get sucked down a rabbit hole, lol.

been a little ways down that rabbit hole myself .. lol. It's hard for me to decipher her since she isn't really rational all the time. But I think what she is using as her primary evidence is a sentence in the timeline that says LS does not return to Smallwood (SW). In the first timeline, the sentence appears just after the trip to Kilroy's. In a later timeline, it appears after she leaves 5 North. Then it flip-flops. I think that the sentence that LS does not return to SW is always intended to mean "at the end of her night". I think the reason it some times appears after Kilroys is that in some timelines, the details between Kilroys and the end of the night are not filled in.
Honestly, I know I'm making it worse, but my brain is fried for the night. lol. Suffice it to say, even if I could make this sound sensical, the premise is non-sensical!

I can tell you that at least by 6/4, it was a part of the broadcasted story that she was not on video returning to her apt, which is 3 days before they got the warrant to obtain the video for themselves.

Like you stated above, not having it and not being allowed to see it are 2 totally different things. I've said this before, but its easy to spin these type of ambiguities together to fit a personal theory.

This honestly is getting ridiculous. Someone needs to talk. Let me just say that IF poi's are innocent, their PARENTALS need to stand above all, and state that their children are innocent. IF it were MY child, I would DO EVERYTHING to clear his name IF I knew he wasn't INVOLVED. I do understand that the civil liabilities stand, if there is ANY involvement, however, isn't the price to pay for THAT, less expensive than their CHILD'S FUTURE and their personal careers? clear them now parentals.... They are looking more responsible by the day. It's unbelievable, and different than anything I've ever seen... Sad.... So sad and unbearable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal