IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanx. I meant the pinging, triangulation , panging part :-).

They don't have to use pinging info.

As soon as it hits the tower it goes into network equipment and is routed to its proper destination via IP over fiber or Copper, doesn't matter. The network equipment gives them the information they need to do locations within a few meters, dependent on speed of travel.

The signal around Oliver is manageable, but I think that would be a different cell tower closer to Bloomington, on Burma road IIRC.

But I suppose it will be dependent on your cell provider. Not all cell towers have every provider on it of course.

Here is a map of the cell towers. Scroll up to see the area between Bloomington, and Martinsville.

Anyone know who his provider was? AT&T is the largest of course. You can filter the map by providers.

This was an area that I put up first, before I found out where the Martinsville cell tower was, thanks to Jupiter. Now, with your map of cell towers there is one directly west of the center of my first map. Still looking.
center1.jpg

LE would have to subpoena those records.

Handy tools at this site.

http://cryptome.org/isp-spy/le-tel-spy.pdf

Only scanned through this, but stumbled upon:

"A preservation letter [USC 2703(b) (2)] should be sent to the provider via fax as soon as
possible to preserve records before they are discarded and cannot be recovered. This is particularly an issue with text
message and voice mail content which are generally only retained for 72 hours."

That 72 hour period would expire around 4am Monday, so not even to the"official business" week. Really hope LE were on top of it.

I'm just catching up, after a few days away. I'm very interested in Northsider's info and have some questions...

First, this scenario involves LS's companions asking her to leave Sports. "CompaionS" -plural. I assume that CR was one of the, since he presumably took her back to Smallwood. Any guesses on who else? Yet also, we've heard she was alone at Sports.

"Foaming at the mouth".....to those who know more about drugs, could someone literally be like this, yet still have the stamina to walk to 5 North, perhaps even running after CR? Also, for someone in this condition, doesn't it seem more likely she would be ready for bed, rather than wanting to party more?

Northsider, were you given any indication about why CR was punched? I mean, I have always assumed it was drug related, but were you told any ideas about specifics?

Northsider, did you hear rumors that this actually happened (as though they've heard from others), or were these people sharing this info because they were just speculating that it had happened.

IF this person (DD) was ZO, would JR really be involved or go to ZO's with LS, if ZO just supposedly hit his friend CR?

Knowing that ZO had just hit her friend, would LS really go to this house? Wouldn't she be afraid of him?

Spierer's apartment mate, Hadar Tamir, told The Journal News on Monday that Rosenbaum told her that he had urged Spierer to stay on his couch but she insisted on walking home. He watched her leave; she seemed OK, so he let her go, Tamir said.

She also said Spierer used Rosenbaum's phone to call another friend around that time because she had lost her phone and thought the friend might have known where it was. It was later found at Kilroy's.

http://tinyurl.com/3t2nldu

Within the first day or two of the investigation, JR has been said to be the last to see her. Look in any article, like this one for example
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/28/jason-rosenbaum-friend-of_n_886204.html
The link in your post is from June 28th, 25 days after LS had been missing.
I have said this a few times, as late as June 9th, a full week after LS disappearance, ALL media outlets were still reporting that CR was the last to see LS. JR name had come up prior to June 9th, but I have not been able to find a MSM article that says JR was last to see LS until June 10th. Also, on June 10th, the same day that JR was said to be the last person to see LS that night, we also learned the lawyer he hired is one of the best criminal defense lawyers in the region.
I still have a hard time getting passed the idea that LS friend's were aware that JR was last to see LS, but that first week ALL fingers were pointed at CR and when JR involvement in the night changed, his lawyer was already taking care of business. Media was completely asleep at the wheel on this bit of info, or it was being protected and CR was being hung out to dry. (Not saying CR couldn't be involved, just find it very curious how this story developed early on, with all the POI entering the picture.

Well-known Indianapolis attorney representing person of interest in Spierer case-June 10
http://www.fox59.com/news/bloomingt...rest-in-spierer-case-20110610,0,6882284.story

I have said this a few times, as late as June 9th, a full week after LS disappearance, ALL media outlets were still reporting that CR was the last to see LS. JR name had come up prior to June 9th, but I have not been able to find a MSM article that says JR was last to see LS until June 10th. Also, on June 10th, the same day that JR was said to be the last person to see LS that night, we also learned the lawyer he hired is one of the best criminal defense lawyers in the region.
I still have a hard time getting passed the idea that LS friend's were aware that JR was last to see LS, but that first week ALL fingers were pointed at CR and when JR involvement in the night changed, his lawyer was already taking care of business. Media was completely asleep at the wheel on this bit of info, or it was being protected and CR was being hung out to dry. (Not saying CR couldn't be involved, just find it very curious how this story developed early on, with all the POI entering the picture.

Well-known Indianapolis attorney representing person of interest in Spierer case-June 10
http://www.fox59.com/news/bloomingt...rest-in-spierer-case-20110610,0,6882284.story

JR's name was not out until 6/9 at the earliest, and it was being reported starting at the first news conference on 6/7 that another friend was the last to see her, not CR.

Even though there are no general searching going on.

Anyone know if there searching and looking for any volunteers over the weekend............Saturday perhaps?

Btown you heard of any private searching going on?

I have a question before I end for the evening. Didn't HT say that it was definately Lauren that made the 4:15 call? Or am I thinking wrong?

Well, she said JR told her that Lauren made the call...

Its been a good 15 yrs or so since my party days but i did have a friend who used to like to push the envelope and was literally faoming at the mouth once and really expected us to give him his car keys-yeah right! He died later-probably the following yr-of an overdose of cocaine. He was found dead all alone in his apt. He was the only 1 of us that had started shooting up-I AM NOT SUGGESTING LAUREN SHOT UP AT ALL BTW. Ive always wondered if he knew he was dying when he od'd....did he suffer? Did she? And now for the first time ive began to wonder if he was really alone...He was 25 and it was the first time in 3 yrs he had missed a day of work-thats why some1 called the cops. He always worked 4 days and partied 3. I dont think any of us imagined each other dying back then. I do thank God i lived thru that time of my life. We were pretty stupid. I miss him everyday-i always will. Her parents need this case to crack-its important to be able to lay ur loved 1 to rest. I cant even begin to imagine what her parents r going thru

sorry i didnt mean to use it as an example for the date, only the info.

JR's name was not out until 6/9 at the earliest, and it was being reported starting at the first news conference on 6/7 that another friend was the last to see her, not CR.
Yes you are right about JR not being named in MSM until he was last person to see LS. Think I was confusing what HT had said later on about knowing LS was at JR earlier in the evening., thanks for the clarification. OK maybe not ALL media outlets were still reporting CR as last to see LS on 6/9, but the vast majority were. It was 6/9 that JR was named last person to see LS, by fox news only. Still a week later, that is unreal to me. This should of been stated from day one. Still makes me wonder about JW and LS roommates because they filed the MP report. If they actually talked with people LS was with that night, and remember HT knew who LS was hanging out with that night until LS and DR went to JR apartment to "watch basketball" at midnight, the finger would of pointed at JR from day one. If HT knew LS was around DR that night at JR place with CR and MB, and DR knew LS went to the bar with CR, why not talk to DR who talks to CR who talks to MB who talks to JR. What am I missing here? Did LE want to try and catch JR off guard and when a lawyer got involved they didn't try to ease him into talking anymore?
Were these kids naive enough to think they could cast all suspicion on CR(who was a new friend to LS and HT) and hang him out to dry while protecting their buddy JR? This part of the story is just mind boggling to me.

I have a question before I end for the evening. Didn't HT say that it was definately Lauren that made the 4:15 call? Or am I thinking wrong?

HT reported it was in fact Lauren that made the 4:15 AM call from JR's phone to DR. Makes you wonder how much more HT knows. I think this is the Spierers call out to Lauren's friends to come forward, even anonymously, with info that you know. HT has a wealth of information, having not been there that night. Strange. Also strange that she reported that Lauren made "some poor choices" that night, yet doesn't explain or elaborate. She is either media hungry or knows more that we believe. She spoke to several of the POIs, including giving JW a key to the apt (while she was in class) the next morning, so he can search there. Wouldn't HT have searched there already? Note that HT was with these POIs earlier that evening (at least JW that we know of) with Lauren so she knows who was in JRs apt and knew a lot of what was going on with Lauren (what she was doing, if she was doing drugs). I think HT should be treated as a POI based on the information she is providing. I think HT knows more. I think HT played both sides of the table that night (CR with Lauren and ratting her out with JW, the boyfriend).

For all we know, she is a POI, as LE hasn't released a list of them.

My hinky meter goes up when she opens her mouth. Not to mention, her roommate, by all accounts, may be deceased and I have yet to see an emotional plea from that girl. She always manages to doll herself up before the cameras.

Some may disagree with me about HT but this is MOO.

If someone is involved in drug dealing, to the point of covering up a death, would they not be knowledgeable enough about cell phone pings to not take their cell with them?

Sure. I'm certain they would have a trunk full of disposable, non-traceable phones that they use in situations like this or to talk to any one higher up on the food chain. There's no way there would be any contact with a supplier on their personal cell. Cops and DEA monitor that info constantly. My BIL is in DEA. That would be an easy catch.

Why are we assuming that JR was the last to see her? LE has not confirmed that as far as I know. What if JW was waiting for her in the gravel parking lot. The source did not say there was a call was made from Martinsville, it could have been just pings. So what if LE knows she was with JW and the pings were from his phone?

Butterfly I couldn't agree with you more. I think the boyfriend is POI #1 if they're ranking him and LE has a good reason for it. I read that his house and car were searched because he didn't have any alibis - I suppose drunk passed out roommates don't count. I think he was trying her phone all night and couldn't get ahold of her. I think HT told JW that Lauren was with CR. I think he went to CR's apt and was one of the "waiters" waiting for CR/Lauren to exit the alley and he picked her up (dropping her keys and wallet) and took her away. Perhaps she died of an overdose which would involve others and explain their silence but I do believe he hid the body until it was safe to move (cameras picking up the action that night). Then opportunity arises when he offers to take his roommate to class the next morning (if he's feverishly looking for Lauren that morning I'd tell my roommate to walk his sorry butt to class). If I were LE, I'd be checking pings for JW through the next day. Also, I'd be checking the pings on her phone, as it was JW that picked it up from the bar and read all the texts, possible heard all the vm's that other's sent her. It was JW that calls the parents to say Lauren is "missing" (a little too Scott Petersonish). I wonder what his search included that morning to conclude that she was indeed "missing."

JW's been on my radar since day 1. His girlfriend was with another guy when she was supposed to be with him. I also think that it was HT that was feeding him all of this info and fanning the flames, so to speak. He left Btown and lawyered up. Odd, for a guy who claims he never saw her that night. There must be some reason LE has him on the POI list. My gut is that he and/or his car was spotted that night, prior to or around the same time that Lauren was walking to CR's apt. Wouldn't LE want to narrow the POI list down? He's not off the list for a reason.

Within the first day or two of the investigation, JR has been said to be the last to see her. Look in any article, like this one for example
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/28/jason-rosenbaum-friend-of_n_886204.html

I wholeheartedly agree that he is said to be the last one to have been with Lauren. I do not believe him. I believe he is throwing the scent, reasonable doubt, over his way, to get the heat off of someone else. For example, you gave my girlfriend these drugs and you are partly responsible for her death. OK, well I'll make LE believe she was here last and make it look like a stranger abduction to CYA. So I'll have your back and you have mine. So everyone has the same story? then we're good.

Butterfly I couldn't agree with you more. I think the boyfriend is POI #1 if they're ranking him and LE has a good reason for it. I read that his house and car were searched because he didn't have any alibis - I suppose drunk passed out roommates don't count. I think he was trying her phone all night and couldn't get ahold of her. I think HT told JW that Lauren was with CR. I think he went to CR's apt and was one of the "waiters" waiting for CR/Lauren to exit the alley and he picked her up (dropping her keys and wallet) and took her away. Perhaps she died of an overdose which would involve others and explain their silence but I do believe he hid the body until it was safe to move (cameras picking up the action that night). Then opportunity arises when he offers to take his roommate to class the next morning (if he's feverishly looking for Lauren that morning I'd tell my roommate to walk his sorry butt to class). If I were LE, I'd be checking pings for JW through the next day. Also, I'd be checking the pings on her phone, as it was JW that picked it up from the bar and read all the texts, possible heard all the vm's that other's sent her. It was JW that calls the parents to say Lauren is "missing" (a little too Scott Petersonish). I wonder what his search included that morning to conclude that she was indeed "missing."

JW's been on my radar since day 1. His girlfriend was with another guy when she was supposed to be with him. I also think that it was HT that was feeding him all of this info and fanning the flames, so to speak. He left Btown and lawyered up. Odd, for a guy who claims he never saw her that night. There must be some reason LE has him on the POI list. My gut is that he and/or his car was spotted that night, prior to or around the same time that Lauren was walking to CR's apt. Wouldn't LE want to narrow the POI list down? He's not off the list for a reason.

This is all pure speculation without any factual basis whatsoever. I think JW is the only one of the main POIs who is obviously completely innocent. Why? For a few obvious reasons:

1. His roomate testified that he was with him that night and he went to sleep, while he was there.
2. He was the one who searched for her next morning. He was trying to find her and went to her apartment to see if see was there after getting the keys from her roomate.
3. He was the one who contacted LS's parents and initiated the actions that ultimately led to a police report.

All these are actions of someone sincerely concerned and worried who was trying to find his girlfriend.

I am surprised that police has not officially cleared him yet. I believe that eventually they will, but it is probably still too early in the investigation and in the absence of a body do not want to make a mistake even for a remote possibility. My guess is that police must know by now what happened or have very strong suspicions and circumstantial evidence, but in the absence of a body and any physical evidence they can not make an arrest yet. To me the story of her leaving at 4.30 AM from the apartment of the last POI without shoes, phone, or keys to go to her apartment, while all the accounts from that night were that she was completely out of it from alcohol (and apparently drugs) does not add up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke