IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we determined the extent of Lauren's relationship with JR? Did they know each other before IU? Were they ever romantically involved? I know that LS is from NY and JR is from Michigan, but their grandparents are next door neighbors. Was it a coincidence that they both ended up at IU?

I think i asked that before too. I still would like to know if anyone knows anything about them being together before or how close they really were?

Weren't people complaining that JW wasn't talking to police a few weeks ago and that was proof of something?

And now he is talking and that is also proof of something?

No wonder he is frustrated...

Weren't people complaining that JW wasn't talking to police a few weeks ago and that was proof of something?

And now he is talking and that is also proof of something?

No wonder he is frustrated...

ITA. Assuming he is innocent, who wouldn't be frustrated in a situation he is in?

Wow, thanks for sharing that link elmomom. I have to say, I don't quite understand why JW is acting with such venom. Granted, I'm not in his shoes, but if he's looking for any sort of support or sympathy in this case, why would he possibly put those comments out there like that. Very odd.

Because...just for a second, imagine yourself in his shoes, IF he is innocent. Imagine if you will, the pressure you are receiving from the Spierer family, the BPD, your peers, yourself.... How must feel that something unknown has happened to his girlfriend. We don't know what the EXACT circumstances are, but I have IMO felt he was the least to know anything. I might take alot of slack for this, but I remember college and my college boyfriend, and we were not always able to hookup according to plan each and every night because all of us were usually out with other friends. This doesn't mean guilty by any stretch. Plans change... LS's apparently did that evening. The amount of pressure is going to give at some point.

I would imagine that LE does not answer such questions, which may account for his inability to say whether he passed. The only person who has made that claim is JR, who appears to have taken a private polygraph.
Yes let's read into the meaning of this, answering both parts of my post that were butchered. If JW is stating that the world would know if he failed a polygraph test, what is the only alternative? The world would know if he passed? Aren't they really the same side of the coin? Why isn't JW saying if i passed the test everyone would know. Isn't that what he is doing in speaking out about it now? He is going to respond to a reporter by saying I maybe failed a polygraph test and also, go screw yourself? Would it not be logical to assume that he passed because somebody told him so? The author of the article added that they felt JW was suggesting he passed a polygraph, asked him on two separate occasions in the article if the test was LE administered and JW deflected the questions. So if we agree LE will not tell him if he passed, then who is left? His lawyer through his private polygraph technician?

Doesn't make him innocent or guilty of anything at all, but here's what's *not* in this interview:

"I miss Lauren"

Any plea at all for information as to her whereabouts or what happened to her.

Sympathy for the parents.

Given his age, I'm not sure if this means anything about him, in regards to my thinking towards involvement or not. His life may suck, but I wonder if he's given any thought to that versus not being alive at all, or having a child missing, and not knowing what happened. This *does* shape my thinking in regards to the nice guy image that was being portrayed.

I completely, 100% agree with the bolded section above, but with all due respect to Barry and everyone else who has been talking about the JW article in LoHud, I have to say this: I've seen this referred to as an "interview" several times on this board. It was actually just a few Facebook messages back and forth between JW and the reporter. I do not believe JW ever viewed this as an "interview", nor did he realize his quick, rude/angry Facebook responses were going to be published in the form of an article. My impression is that he got fed up with the media hounding him and wrote some quick responses back to this reporter. This wasn't a structured interview in which he would've had a chance to express sympathy for her parents, missing her, etc. It seems to me that if he knew what he was writing in those FB messages would be published for all to see, he probably would have expressed more concern, sympathy, etc. JMO

I just want to make sure the word "interview" is taken with a grain of salt in this matter. I somewhat question the journalistic ethics of the reporter who created a story around a few Facebook message exchanges.

I completely, 100% agree with the bolded section above, but with all due respect to Barry and everyone else who has been talking about the JW article in LoHud, I have to say this: I've seen this referred to as an "interview" several times on this board. It was actually just a few Facebook messages back and forth between JW and the reporter. I do not believe JW ever viewed this as an "interview", nor did he realize his quick, rude/angry Facebook responses were going to be published in the form of an article. My impression is that he got fed up with the media hounding him and wrote some quick responses back to this reporter. This wasn't a structured interview in which he would've had a chance to express sympathy for her parents, missing her, etc. It seems to me that if he knew what he was writing in those FB messages would be published for all to see, he probably would have expressed more concern, sympathy, etc. JMO

I just want to make sure the word "interview" is taken with a grain of salt in this matter. I somewhat question the journalistic ethics of the reporter who created a story around a few Facebook message exchanges.
The author says JW is responding to questions, so I'm not sure how else to view it. And again, why is he talking to reporters if he doesn't have something to say to them, I mean he knew this was a reporter......... he does not have to exchange words and has the means to make sure they do not visit his home, call, IM, FB or use any electronic media to contact him.

Because...just for a second, imagine yourself in his shoes, IF he is innocent. Imagine if you will, the pressure you are receiving from the Spierer family, the BPD, your peers, yourself.... How must feel that something unknown has happened to his girlfriend. We don't know what the EXACT circumstances are, but I have IMO felt he was the least to know anything. I might take alot of slack for this, but I remember college and my college boyfriend, and we were not always able to hookup according to plan each and every night because all of us were usually out with other friends. This doesn't mean guilty by any stretch. Plans change... LS's apparently did that evening. The amount of pressure is going to give at some point.
Lol yea, we are not talking about a smoking gun here. It is obvious we are all playing with a short deck, but you can always read into the content and timing of people actions and words, LE included. There is still the chance that LS was abducted by an unknown assailant, but everything that has transpired in this case makes you look at her friends. But ask yourself this. If all of LS friends know nothing about what happened to LS, would they all band together, to support each other and do everything possible, or all get as much distance from each other, point fingers at each other and hide?

This case is feeling like a Natalie Holloway type case only in this situation, LS knew her 'attacker(s).' And I use the term loosely...something happened, people panicked, and they disposed of her as a result. I'm not suggesting that any of her friends actually attacked her with the intent to harm her, but I do think they covered it up and were hoping this would somehow go away. An O.D. or a bad reaction or something that by itself wasn't a murder per se, or even necessarily a homicide, but now is negligence for starters.

It has been reported that he did.
"Police said previously that Rosenbaum, Rossman, Rossman's roommate, Mike Beth, and Spierer's boyfriend, Jesse Wolff, all provided investigators with DNA."
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/28372732/detail.html

Thanks. I'd read that police requested DNA from all 4. I've yet to read an article or conference transcript stating JR & JW actually & already have.

I'll keep googling.

Thank you...so knowing that the perp/s are being evil day after day are you more inclined to believe that LS's disappearance was or was not an evil act as well?

Hard question to answer. Im at a loss. I wanna believe it was an accident and ppl r just scared but at this point i still gotta consider all possibilities. But w/o a doubt the longer it goes....pure evil at work now.

Jupiter, what is in front of the security car in your photo? It looks like a little shack or storage shed among trees.

I know this probably could be perceived as both signs of guilt and innocence, but I noticed JW is the only named POI that has shown support on Lauren Spierer FB pages.
My first instinct was to assume it was the boyfriend, but now I don't think so. His actions towards the reporter appear to me to be a frustrated immature young man. I could be totally wrong and eat my words, but I don't think JW was involved. I've read every post on WS and my feeling is ZO and JR know more. I think many of the kids totally have suspicions, but are keeping their mouths shut out of fear. The silence is deafening.
I hope Lauren's family gets some peace soon.

Did I miss this on here or did anyone here about this one:
I heard from the person doing the searches that a man's wallet, containing Lauren Spierers fake ID, was found at at 12th and Walnut. Her age was given as 21, and her last name was misspelled. Her pic was on the ID.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/st...pZXMvMjAxMS8wNi8xMy9uZXdzLnFwLTc5NzYxNTcuc3Rv

An interesting rumor.

Suppose this rumor is true. LS's fake ID may have been taken by a friend; that is, someone who just wanted her to stop drinking that morning.

OTOH: They probably would have put the fake ID into a wallet to ensure that it would be found. Could be a plant, similar to Morgan Harrington's tee shirt.

"took awhile"? He spoke with them on 6/3. He presumably also spoke with them, if no earlier, between 6/8 and 10, when LE confirms he was in Bloomington, when they were giving polygraphs to and taking DNA samples from CR and MB, and when they described JW as "cooperative." He presumably also spoke to them circa whenever it was his house was searched. And he spoke with them this week. Those are only the times we know he spoke with them; there may be many others. We have no idea what about.

That's a lot of times if you ask me. Maybe he is the front runner of the POI's? MOO

CR's amnesia persists.

Meanwhile Rossman's Attorney tells FOX 59 the facts are as follows, Rossman does not remember anything and that they have been told Lauren and Rossman went back to his apartment. He stresses Rossman was not the last person to have seen the 20-year-old missing IU student.
He added he has not seen any video the police department has in their possession and that the article simple raises more questions than answers.
http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-atto...-to-details-of-video-20110722,0,1987324.story

TR-I am having trouble quoting, but you asked if Lauren's disappearance is evil in itself. I have several theories about what I think happened that range from not evil to progressively more evil. So, eliminating theories like she fell in a hole or ran away willingly, I think the least evil option on the spectrum is something like JR is with her, she ODs, he panics, throws the body in the dumpster, phones his parents who immediately lawyer him up, and somehow he gets lucky that the dumpsters are emptied soon. That isn't necessarily evil to me. I know that will be a controversial statement, but if I am being VERY kind, I understand that that action could get him hard jail time. If he had sex with her or if other charges piled up he could be spending the majority of his life in jail. It is easy to say I would do the right thing when you aren't facing tons of jail time and don't have your parents and lawyers around you all day.

We don't see JR-it is possible that this is killing him and he just doesn't have the courage to come forward. Maybe he made a stupid, panicked decision and wishes he could take it back, but feels like it went too far for that now.
That is my kindest, nicest theory for what happened (excluding, like I said, the theories that don't have any body hiding at all). That isn't the theory I think is most likely, but it is one that I have floating around as a possibility.

So, to me, that theory may not be evil in my understanding of the term. To Lauren's Mom? Probably pure evil in every way. It is easy for me to rationalize and see the other side when all of my loved ones are tucked in nice, warm, and safe right now. I saw one mother call the ocean evil in a blog about her daughter who had drowned in a freak wave. The ocean. I can see how Lauren's mother is not really in empathize mode.

It is hard to watch her parents because at first they seemed...less angry and jaded. At first, they were even saying stuff like we know this could have been an accident, please just tell us...almost like they were forgiving already. That pain has altered into a very different one where I feel like the same people are being called out, but it is angrier. Of course, that makes sense in my head-the transition from understanding and maybe a bit hopeful at first to worn down, angry, frustrated. It is just sad to me that any parent has to make that transition. It just breaks my heart and I am not sure I can even watch or read statements from her parents anymore.

Sorry-I tried to answer your question and then ended up rambling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member