IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it does, it would seem to me that she is attacking a key witness who could help her go after the perp. Why would she do that?

I didn't take it to mean that she was attacking a witness. I thought of this scenario:

LS ODs and someone knows she has, but doesn't call 911. Instead, he leaves her, then returns, or takes her somewhere (like 5N) and then later, disposes of her body. I felt like CS's statement was to say, "Listen people, if you walk upon something like this situation, you don't just walk on by. You call 911. You stop and help for God's sake."

Or, another scenario could be that there was something seen on the vid in the alley. We've all questioned how her wristlet/keys were discovered so soon after LS went through that alley, yet no one claimed to have seen/heard them. Perhaps CS knows that someone surely did see and/or hear something and just kept walking. Perhaps she wasn't really "attacking" a witness, given this scenario, but maybe she feels that he's had far more than enough time to come forward and now she's just sending out a "WHO does that?!" message.

These cases feel so hopeless to me...we have Lauren supposedly walking off into the night, never to be seen again; Holly being taken right from her own yard, never to be seen again; now Katelyn in Ohio, taken apparently from her own apartment, never to be seen again.I don't see a link, not saying that, other than the fact that LE doesn't seem to have any idea where any of them have gone...or who "helped" them to vanish...

doesn't it seem more likely that SC jr. might be involved just by knowing some of the POIs (perhaps they met on the in b-ton social scene). so, perhaps, knowing he lived on property in the outer-lying areas, they contacted him for help? either that, or couldn't it be that he was in on the festivities at JR's from the beginning?

More likely than what, Seagull?

Do you know if he knows any of the POI? If so, then yes, I can believe a Martinsville dude in a truck could stop a young woman such as Lauren who *may* be able to walk and who wants to party, and have her climb into his truck. I can also believe said dude would stop his truck and pick her up without anyone noticing. Absolutely.

If he is the one who set his dad's mill on fire then perhaps he's scary enough to keep POI quiet.

I didn't take it to mean that she was attacking a witness. I thought of this scenario:

LS ODs and someone knows she has, but doesn't call 911. Instead, he leaves her, then returns, or takes her somewhere (like 5N) and then later, disposes of her body. I felt like CS's statement was to say, "Listen people, if you walk upon something like this situation, you don't just walk on by. You call 911. You stop and help for God's sake."

Or, another scenario could be that there was something seen on the vid in the alley. We've all questioned how her wristlet/keys were discovered so soon after LS went through that alley, yet no one claimed to have seen/heard them. Perhaps CS knows that someone surely did see and/or hear something and just kept walking. Perhaps she wasn't really "attacking" a witness, given this scenario, but maybe she feels that he's had far more than enough time to come forward and now she's just sending out a "WHO does that?!" message.

I don't think it was an attack either, an admonishment, yes.

Fire: June 17
Big search: June 19

I want to say that I don't know where a Martinsville dude who wants to score would go, but honestly, my answer is yes, Bloomington makes sense. I also want to say that no, there's no way a Martinsville dude could score someone like LS. But again, honestly, it is possible given the amount of drinking and drugs many women seem to do.

For me, Martinsville is freaky. It is not a place I like to go in my mind with this case because as you probably know it is where the remains of Jill Behrman were found. And that's not the only problem with Martinsville.

What's the other problem with Martinsville? Could he have been framed? Could a LE official be responsible for this?

Sawmill, freight, truck companies, etc... In the meantime..

[video=youtube;p_JLN6imZl0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_JLN6imZl0[/video]

More likely than what, Seagull?

Do you know if he knows any of the POI? If so, then yes, I can believe a Martinsville dude in a truck could stop a young woman such as Lauren who *may* be able to walk and who wants to party, and have her climb into his truck. I can also believe said dude would stop his truck and pick her up without anyone noticing. Absolutely.

If he is the one who set his dad's mill on fire then perhaps he's scary enough to keep POI quiet.

Not saying that there's any correlation, but AB was registered at both Ivy Tech and IU, based on discussions here in mid-June ([ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6915303"]IN IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #17 - Page 27 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]). OTOH, AB doesn't seem like such a POI, IMO ... unless he's the 3:38 am mystery man.

Also, the camp affiliated with DR's recreational major program at IU, Bradford Woods is there ... Bradford Woods, 5040 State Road 67 North, Martinsville, IN. How big is Martinsville, Jupiter? Could one get from say, Bradford Woods, to the mill in a short time?

Ive had serious suspicions about that fire since i first heard about it-im so glad others r starting to question it more! Such an odd coincidence it happened in the middle of the night 2 days b4 the search out there!
I just saw her parents on the 6 oclock news-i love those ppl and i dont even know them! My prayers and thoughts r with them always!

IU basketball Coach Tom Crean is tweeting about Lauren. Here's the first of several tweets: "It is August 31st and it is beyond amazing to me that there has been no one on this campus or in this city expose someone on what happened."

Grammar not that good, but I think the message is clear. If the mods okay it, I will post the rest of the tweets.

Not saying that there's any correlation, but AB was registered at both Ivy Tech and IU, based on discussions here in mid-June (IN IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #17 - Page 27 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community). OTOH, AB doesn't seem like such a POI, IMO ... unless he's the 3:38 am mystery man.

Also, the camp affiliated with DR's recreational major program at IU, Bradford Woods is there ... Bradford Woods, 5040 State Road 67 North, Martinsville, IN. How big is Martinsville, Jupiter? Could one get from say, Bradford Woods, to the mill in a short time?

The mill is ironically a straight shot from downtown Bloomington on Rt. 37. The offsite camp affiliated with DR is on Rt. 67... One who would be in a hurry might just use 37 as opposed to traveling the addition 8.6 miles to the campsite. Also, the mill is off of Main Forest Rd. which is an inlet to the Morgan-Monroe State Forest. just sayin'!

The mill is ironically a straight shot from downtown Bloomington on Rt. 37. The offsite camp affiliated with DR is on Rt. 67... One who would be in a hurry might just use 37 as opposed to traveling the addition 8.6 miles to the campsite. Also, the mill is off of Main Forest Rd. which is an inlet to the Morgan-Monroe State Forest. just sayin'!

I'm often of the mindset that LS OD'd and the boys panicked and disposed of her somehow. But I know there are alternatives. She could have been taken somewhere remote (forest?) by an acquaintance or even random stranger, attacked, died during/afterward, and was then disposed of (fire?). Hateful thought.

Disposing of her body in a fire at a mill better fits that scenario, IMO. I have a harder time believing even casual friends would do that w/o really good reason ... and I'm not sure an OD is enough reason. I could be wrong, obviously! It's just hard for me to fathom ...

I am wondering just how many people saw her that night in a state where she might need help and looked the other way. A couple? A few? 5, 10, 20? Not just talking about the person(s) who made her disappear.

It is difficult to tell when someone had a little bit too much of a good time and when someone needs help though. It is easy to misinterpret or assume. I understand that, but I bet her parents are sick at the thought of how many people may have been able to change the course of that night.

I am wondering just how many people saw her that night in a state where she might need help and looked the other way. A couple? A few? 5, 10, 20? Not just talking about the person(s) who made her disappear.

It is difficult to tell when someone had a little bit too much of a good time and when someone needs help though. It is easy to misinterpret or assume. I understand that, but I bet her parents are sick at the thought of how many people may have been able to change the course of that night.

That's got to be tough for her parents. I've always wondered if LS' long QT syndrome came into play ... if the people around her didn't know about it, they might assume she was ODing when she was actually having heart issues. OTOH, I can't blame LS for not sharing her personal info with casual friends. Regardless, if she fell unconscious they should have called 911, as CS says.

Lauren didn't seem to be with any other girls, once she left the original party spot...another girl might have noticed more if Lauren was ill as opposed to just wasted, IMO...and been a little more concerned...not to be sexist, but I think it is true...

Going back to a post by Elmore James:
I'm still stuck on the ping in Martinsville. The ping on top of the big fire on June 17th, something about that bothers me.. I feel like the helicopters were up around that time as well.

The fire took place on the land of (S.C.) who happened to be out of town. His son (S.C. Jr.) has friends and ties to Ivy Tech CC. Anything is possible but if someone is from Martinsville, and they are looking to "party" or even looking to meet girls would they not hit Bloomington for either?

Feel free to chime in!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I read that the barn that burned was connected to a business previously known as Ray's Wood Products but currently known as Terry L Ray Truck Driving Jobs. I wonder if either ever owned a business truck, possibly a white truck, if you know what I mean. Was anyone able to figure out the logo on the truck? Just throwing out ideas! That fire was super hot!!

I guess we have to totally disbelieve LE that they ruled out the white truck, to start bringing that back in again? Anyone want to say why LE would lie about this and why her parents would still be onto the group of friends if the white truck was the issue? And why there wouldn't be an arrest or something? I just don't get it...the one thing LE says for sure, people still won't believe, and yet they want to hear more from LE. Why, if you think they are lying anyway?
JMO

Her phone was not disconnected. It was left in the bar. We know that because JW was texting her, and bar employees told him the phone was at the bar. Which means the phone was on, the battery was in it, it was never disconnected. Just not with LS..

It could be disconnected, and then reconnected; if someone didn't want pings during a certain time period, they might temporarily remove it from its power source.

It could be disconnected, and then reconnected; if someone didn't want pings during a certain time period, they might temporarily remove it from its power source.

It was left in a bar with her shoes and found in a bar. Which I presume was closed during the night. Nobody is going to take the phone, remove it from its power source and then sneak it back into a bar. It would be much easier to just toss it.

That's got to be tough for her parents. I've always wondered if LS' long QT syndrome came into play ... if the people around her didn't know about it, they might assume she was ODing when she was actually having heart issues. OTOH, I can't blame LS for not sharing her personal info with casual friends. Regardless, if she fell unconscious they should have called 911, as CS says.

People with long qt syndrome have to avoid a long list of legal and illegal substances because these substances could lead to heart issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatMeryl