IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what would cause MB to think she was sleeping at a neighbors apartment?How did he know where she went after leaving his apartment?If he somehow knew LS went to JR apartment then JR did not exactly "volunteer" that he was the last person to see her.

Hard to say without making leaps because we're lacking context. Most likely reasoning would be (assuming original comments are actually the mother) that she's simply saying what MB thought that morning- LS left his place to go to JR's. It was late, she wanted to 'party' some more and had been partying heavily already. Not really a huge assumption to think she'd be partied out soon and would crash on JR's couch or something.

So if she's talking about what MB thought/assumed until he learned differently at some point the next day then there's nothing really wrong with that version of events. Assuming he believed (or was told by her) she was going to JR's after leaving his place which I THINK has been the accepted version of things all along.

Of course if she means he believed she was going to be sleeping at some other person's apartment then we're missing a piece of the story. At least the public is. No idea about what the police and investigators know.

As far as someone else's comment about the lie detector... I'm never going to fault anyone for not wanting to take a lie detector test. Inadmissable science, inconclusive, and subjective aren't standards I'd want applied to my truthfulness.

And I'm thoroughly confused about who has taken them, whether private or LE administered, and whether the Spierers are arguing that none have been taken by some or that they weren't given by LE, or that they want some people to take more LD tests from different examiners or with different questions.

So what would cause MB to think she was sleeping at a neighbors apartment?How did he know where she went after leaving his apartment?If he somehow knew LS went to JR apartment then JR did not exactly "volunteer" that he was the last person to see her.

I wondered about that too. Why would he think she was "sleeping" when she wanted to "party." What Akh said above makes sense too but I lean more toward Melissa is not who she says she is and s/he simply messed up when she said that.

Another thing is if he did think she was sleeping next door then maybe she never said she wanted to party. He could have made that up to put blame on her.

Another young girl missing in Bloomington https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000264840897&sk=wall

In case you can't read it..

"This is my beautiful step-daughter, Abby. She has been missing since Friday afternoon. She attends Bloomington High School South but has friends at Edgewood and North. If you have teenagers in high school could you share her picture and have them ask anyone and everyone if they know her and/or if they know anyone she may hangout with. We have contacted all her friends that we know, but so far have not been able to locate her. We know she was looking for a ride after school Friday, but do not know who she left with. Please private message me with ANY information or if someone has information and they want to remain anonymous they can contact the sheriff's dept. Abby is 14yrs old, 5'9" tall, long blonde hair, & blue eyes. We are EXTREMELY concerned. Any information would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!"

Nothing in the Herald Times yet...

3 19 yr olds were just arrested in my little town because they allowed their friend to die of an overdose. They all drank and 2 did heroin together one night and one kid went unconscious. Rather than seeking help, they just drove him home and snuck him into bed. Other people found him dead the next morning. Eventually the cops figured out who was with him the previous night and arrested them. So it does happen that way. It makes me suspicious that LS might have met the same fate.

Here's another case of a young woman disappearing from the Bloomington area within the past two years.

Kate McGrayel disappeared from Nashville, IN, not far from Bloomington, in April of 2010. She is believed to have left voluntarily, but many months have gone by and she has not been in contact with her family or friends. Her father received a phone call from someone who allegedly spent time with her in November 2010. Here are some links.

http://www.browncountyindiana.com/index.php?id=6396
https://www.facebook.com/events/147020222015027/

I haven't been in here much due to no information, but I still think about her and her parents quite frequently. I keep hoping I will come on here and see the huge break these needs.

I am willing to believe Lauren was not a regular coke user or perhaps never used it before. I don't think that eliminates the possibility that maybe that night was the night she decided to experiment for some reason or another. There is always a first for everything. That, or she wasn't doing drugs at all or she did them so infrequently most of her friends didn't know about it. Lots of possibilities.

CR still not talking to her parents at all blows my mind. I feel like he is in the least vulnerable position out of all the boys. He has a witness verifying him passing out and at least 2 people if not 3+ saw Lauren after him. Sitting down for an hour with his lawyers is too much to give?
However, I am having difficulties coming up with scenarios where he is the culprit. Every scenario I come up with necessitates at least two other people being involved which I suppose is possible. It just feels like if that many boys were all involved in the cover-up that something would have broken by now :/ Maybe I am just not being creative enough. I guess it is also possible that he is guilty of something but not disappearing her (drugs, sexual assault of some sort, knowing the drug dealer she went to get drugs from-just possibilities not necessarily what I believe).
That would explain his lack of cooperation, but also eliminate some of the clunky nature of trying to pin everything on him.
Who knows. Just insanely sad that her parents are going to spend their first Christmas without her :(

I haven't been in here much due to no information, but I still think about her and her parents quite frequently. I keep hoping I will come on here and see the huge break these needs.

I am willing to believe Lauren was not a regular coke user or perhaps never used it before. I don't think that eliminates the possibility that maybe that night was the night she decided to experiment for some reason or another. There is always a first for everything. That, or she wasn't doing drugs at all or she did them so infrequently most of her friends didn't know about it. Lots of possibilities.

CR still not talking to her parents at all blows my mind. I feel like he is in the least vulnerable position out of all the boys. He has a witness verifying him passing out and at least 2 people if not 3+ saw Lauren after him. Sitting down for an hour with his lawyers is too much to give?
However, I am having difficulties coming up with scenarios where he is the culprit. Every scenario I come up with necessitates at least two other people being involved which I suppose is possible. It just feels like if that many boys were all involved in the cover-up that something would have broken by now :/ Maybe I am just not being creative enough. I guess it is also possible that he is guilty of something but not disappearing her (drugs, sexual assault of some sort, knowing the drug dealer she went to get drugs from-just possibilities not necessarily what I believe).
That would explain his lack of cooperation, but also eliminate some of the clunky nature of trying to pin everything on him.
Who knows. Just insanely sad that her parents are going to spend their first Christmas without her :(

I hear you ... I visit often, hoping for that big break. While I could buy CR having some memory loss, given the circumstances, I feel he should remember something. That may be the deal-breaker, if that "something" would shed light on LS' situation but also hurt him. IDK, maybe he gave her bad drugs (which he also had a bad reaction to?) or some type of date-rape drug? He may have not made her disappear, but he may have got her in the state that triggered her disappearance. Since he already has a record of alcohol/drug abuse, maybe he's afraid to admit to it. If so, I hope he can get past that.

My thoughts are with the Spierers as a new year approaches. I hope it brings some type of closure to them.

Being Devil's Advocate....

I would imagine CR's attorney is telling him, "No way do you speak with the Spierers!" As much as people sometimes WANT to do what they may feel is the right thing, ethically and morally, their attorney will often tell them that it's not the best, legally.

Having said that, I also try to think of scenarios pointing to why the attorney wouldn't want him to speak with them, when JR's attorney was obviously OK with the idea. So far, I've come up with:

1. He really does have legit memory loss. The attorney wouldn't want him speaking b/c he could say something that they later learn to be untrue. Or perhaps his memory is cloudy and he would get facts/times jumbled in his head. These things could be used against him later. This could be a BIG reason to not speak with them.

2. He really does not have memory loss. If he speaks with them off-record, he could say something that points to the memory loss being a lie. This lie could really bite him in the butt later.

3. Maybe he really wasn't put to bed, as everyone has said. I go back to thinking that there is much more to this part of the story. Perhaps everyone else's account from that point on, is untrue. The "putting to bed" part could just be a part of a cover up for something CR did, or something that they all did together.

4. CR was heavily involved in supplying drugs to her. Speaking with the Spierers could implicate himself in a civil suit.

5. The attorney doesn't think CR interviews well and regardless of guilt or innocence, he would not come across as genuine or believable.

These are just a FEW of the thoughts in my head around why he won't speak. Yes, JR did. However, we need to remember that the key MAY be what happened to CR and LS between the time they left JR's, went to Sports and SW, then went back to 5 North. CR might be the only one who knows what went on during that time. There could be a HUGE reason why he won't speak, yet it could have nothing to do with him being a guilty party in any murder, accident, or coverup. I think that's the key, personally.

All valid points, Gabby.

I've also thought about #4 -- the fact that the POI who were involved that night are all likely worried about the possibility of a civil suit. As they should be.

Two scenarios I've been tossing around is your point #3, Gabby, and the time and activity at the gravel lot. Remember this is where her key/clutch was found.

The latter scenario has caused me to consider ZO. I'm not sure he even returned to Bloomington classes this past semester. I saw one status for him enrolled in Indianapolis. I do recall someone saying his father was ill; perhaps that is why. He is from that area.

My take on the Spierer's talking to the boys is, at the end of the conversation, if nothing else, at least they have been able to look the boys in the eye. Then they can move on. Their strategy worked with JR, I hope for their sake it will work with CR. He is certainly a sketchy guy.

The latter scenario has caused me to consider ZO. I'm not sure he even returned to Bloomington classes this past semester. I saw one status for him enrolled in Indianapolis. I do recall someone saying his father was ill; perhaps that is why. He is from that area.
The IU student directory shows ZO as enrolled at IUB.

The teenager who was reported missing from Bloomington has been found safe.
Monroe County Sheriff's deputies found Abby Dieken, 14, unharmed late Monday afternoon, chief deputy Mike Pershing said by phone
http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/st...oomington-south-freshman-reported-missing.sto

Nice to read good news for a change.

Regarding CR, I dismissed him pretty early on as the perp. Now I think I might have been hasty in my judgment. I can't for the life of me understand why he refuses to speak with the Spierers if he has nothing to hide.

If he truly has no recollection of the events after the altercation, he should meet face-to-face with Lauren's parents, anyway, and give them the opportunity to see that he's telling the truth. It would help to put their minds at ease. Not talking makes him look guilty of something in my book. Maybe it's time to take another look at this particular POI.

Though I haven't posted lately, I still read over the thread almost every day. It's good to see many of you who've been here from the beginning are still posting. Lauren and her parents are often on my mind, and I continue to pray for a resolution. But I'm furious that after six months they still can't nail down an accurate timeline and an honest account of Lauren's activities that night. Something is very wrong here.

The IU student directory shows ZO as enrolled at IUB.

Are you sure the ZO related to this case is the one with middle initial beginning with R.? I see two ZO entries, each with a different middle name. Last summer there I believe there was only one entry and it had the middle initial that begins with M. That student's email is now IUPUI.

The teenager who was reported missing from Bloomington has been found safe.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/st...oomington-south-freshman-reported-missing.sto

Nice to read good news for a change.

Regarding CR, I dismissed him pretty early on as the perp. Now I think I might have been hasty in my judgment. I can't for the life of me understand why he refuses to speak with the Spierers if he has nothing to hide.

If he truly has no recollection of the events after the altercation, he should meet face-to-face with Lauren's parents, anyway, and give them the opportunity to see that he's telling the truth. It would help to put their minds at ease. Not talking makes him look guilty of something in my book. Maybe it's time to take another look at this particular POI.

Though I haven't posted lately, I still read over the thread almost every day. It's good to see many of you who've been here from the beginning are still posting. Lauren and her parents are often on my mind, and I continue to pray for a resolution. But I'm furious that after six months they still can't nail down an accurate timeline and an honest account of Lauren's activities that night. Something is very wrong here.

I think CR does have something to hide but what I don't know. The adult population on campus who know him are highly suspect. This is in contrast to JR whose sketchiness (for me anyway) was as a result of comments by JW's roommate on Phish board. I can believe, however, that JR would put himself into a compromising position to help cover CR's arse, if JR had nothing to do with it that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321