IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(snipped by me)

How about this scenario - she's going down hard and fast in CR/MB's place, JR gets brought over by MB, JR sees it's not good, and quickly goes and gets Person X, or Person X is already there with JR. Perhaps the idea is to run her over to the hospital... but for one thing JR is also unable to drive but clear enough to know what is going on. so Person X is tasked with getting her to the ER, perhaps just dropping her off there and quickly exiting (I've heard of this situation several times when people don't want to be involved). But what if she died on the way? Now what? It's a lot harder to drop off a dead body and exit than a person in trouble. So now they have to drive somewhere else to cover their butt. Then come back and tell JR what happened because of phones records. This may have taken 30 to 45 minutes and JR then thinks of the phone calls. (Could this be the role of the possible houseguest?) Also during this time JR may have wanted to clean up his place of anything incriminating whether related to her demise or not. this could also explain why Cadaver dogs did not smell anything - she may have been taken out while still alive or as she was dying. Similarly the car used was not one the police had checked.

Thanks VV for a great post. Hope I quoted & snipped right ... Im new at this.

So ... thinking along the same lines as the scenerio above ... as LS was spiraling downward, perhaps Person X was called in to take her back to Smallwood since LS had her key card. (Was JR on a "no visit" list at SMallwood also? Might be a reason why he didn't take her back himself).

If LS and Person X went on foot to SMallwood, this could be what the mystery witness saw at 3:38am.

But why wouldn't cameras have captured their "walk" back? Hmm?
any thoughts out there?

@Jupiter812

In one of your recent posts (In reference to the new map showing the route of LS and CR at http://www.lohud.com/flash/spierer/) Please check it again. You said something about them going down Morton, and I'm not sure it quite means that. I think it's still the gravel lot but doubt they took such a right angle path through a gravel lot, wouldn't you walk diagonally? The point seems to be that the entrance to 5 North was close to Morton. My understanding is that there was an entrance from the Gravel lot, and a totally separate entrance on the 11th st side of the building for other units. (please confirm that is accurate).

Question 1- Were there not cameras showing that white PU truck on Morton? I'm again now wondering if they came close enough to being captured on Morton cameras even if only as a reflection in a window.

Question 2- What is the name of Building #4 where CR and LS stopped (where LS slammed her head on the cement and CR CARRIED HER?

Question 3- Who were the 4 friends (they had seen earlier) who were at building #4 whose door they were knocking on?

Question 4- I remember there being cameras at Building #4 how is it that CR and LS were not captured by those, given this route from Kilroys up College, past the Waffle house and over to Building 4 and knocking on the door? I remember seeing still images of the camera angles of this building and it was the walkway in front of the doors wasn't it?

Question 5- Who saw and heard LS hit and "thud" her head outside of bldg #4 ? Was it one of the 4 friends who did not answer the door?

Question 6- Why would they go to these 4 friends at this hour?

Question 7- They still go through the Alley, and she falls flat on her face without even lifting arms or hands to protect herself. This is basically blacking out isn't it?
Was this captured on the Alley Cam, OR did someone actually witness this?

Question 8- Are PI's with this map speculating that they walked closer to Morton, or were they actually caught on a cam walking closer to Morton, Or did they actually walk more of a diagonal path from the alley to the 5N back door? (or as you pointed out, LS being dragged, pulled, (and at some point carried right?))

Question 9- Is this information about CR pulling LS coming from a witness or from a Cam? Is this and her falling flat on her face the "Activity" that LE described in that Alley cam?

Question 10- If you click on Building #4 you see the red line path that is closer to Morton, but if you click on Building #5 you see the dotted line that seems to indicate more likely where the back entrance of 5N is located. Again if you click on #1, it's actually also the 5N building but this is JR's place. But it's only 2 doors down from CR/MB so... the RED LINE seems to be too far away from the Dotted Line.
It does not seem to make any sense that they would veer way over to Morton unless there were obstacles in the gravel lot. Is there any map that shows cars or other obstacles known to be in that lot at roughly 3am?

VeryVeritas, thanks for bringing me back from the dark side (starting to believe JR). You should be a prosecuting attorney.

No doors in the rear of 5 North, so in fact it does make sense that they would be closer to Morton. Why they would go through the gravel lot is beyond me, even at a diagonal UNLESS there were others, such as a boy or two from the SW punch group, in close range. I am aware that in today's exclusive they said gravel lot and not Morton.

At least a few cars parked in the gravel lot during the times I was there.

We will never give up…..

How to begin. A year ago, Lauren left Smallwood, walked a short distance to a friend’s apartment and as we all tragically know, the rest is history. Lauren’s story could be any young adult’s story on any college campus. We hope Lauren’s ending is never repeated. Here we are, one year after Lauren’s disappearance, knowing in this very instant, there are people who know where Lauren is. The cruelty is almost unbearable. Think about it….think about someone who means the world to you….consider how you would feel if suddenly that person disappeared seemingly off the face of the earth. Think about how it would feel to wake up every single day knowing there is someone who could help you, give you answers and yet inexplicably refuses to do so. It is beyond comprehension. It is beyond “self preservation”, it is the conscious decision of someone, to destroy a family, every second of every minute of every hour of every day, over and over again for an indeterminate amount of time. It truly is, almost unbearable. I say almost, because we have an undying love for Lauren. Lauren is like a breath of fresh air, she is the bright spot in the day of those who know her. Lauren would never give up, she would fight for answers, she would be the loudest voice. We will never give up, we will fight for answers, and we will be her voice.

Sincerely,
Rob, Charlene and Rebecca Spierer

http://www.findlauren.com/updates#announcements

Where did ZO go after the punch at Smallwood? Perhaps after them and that's why CR and LS ducked into the apartment building of the 4 girls, and perhaps why he was pulling/carrying her. Thoughts? Isn't there supposedly someone else in the video by the gravel lot that they will not identify....ideas on who that could be? Perhaps ZO caught up to them since they slipped inside the apartment building. Just grasping...thoughts anyone?

What I don't understand is why doesn't someone talk? If ZO knows something, why wouldn't he talk? He obviously doesn't like CR. If JW knows something, why doesn't he talk? Why would he cover for CR or JR? I don't understand why they are all covering for each other, when behind the scenes they are fighting amongst themselves.

Hello! New here but I've been following the case since about September and the release of new information has got me brainstorming more than ever. I'm a 21 college student so maybe I could help with understanding their lindseys that night.

Lets just look at the different alternatives of what happened to Lauren.

1. Accidental Death & a Coverup
With the events of the night being released in more detail, I don't think anyone would disagree of the likelihood of an overdose/accidental death. We have known about the heart condition since the beginning and the fact that alcohol was involved but the new information strongly suggests the use of Khlonopin by LS and DR, even before she met at JR's for the pregame. Reports of her falling multiple times, smacking her head on concrete, falling face forward into the ground, and a developing black eye reported by JR ony strengthens the argument. So let's assume that somewhere during her visit to 5 North, she began to display signs needing medical attention. IMO, I do not think these boys would have not called 911 in fear of being prosecuted, especially since it appears that LS willingly consumed all alcohol and drugs. (Someone here has mentioned state laws that the boys could be charged with but as a 21 year old college student, I could tell you they most likely were unaware of the laws until the lawyers became involved. Especially considering they were all from out of state.)

Now the evidence points strongly towards this theory but here is my one problem. It's very hard for me to think these boys would be able to successfully hide LS's body during a time of panic. They are all from out of state, so they most likely don't know the state outside of Bloomington and maybe a few big cities. It's hard for me to imagine 3 panicking boys to successfully avoid all cameras out of town to a remote area. We have not heard any mention of cars, but if they have any, I'm sure they have been searched. All well-known lakes seem to have already been searched as well. And if they covered it up, how have they seemed to remain so calm during the investigation if they knew there was a chance her body could be discovered or a piece of evidence (like cameras spotting their car driving out of Bloomington). Yes, they have been inconsistent but from what we've been told, they all seem to have been in an unclear state of mind.

So let's go to theory 2 and assume the boys at 5 North are innocent. Let's look at the arguments against some very valid points:
1. CR's amnesia. Now, this is certainly likely. Or yes, it could be a coverup. We know that he was most likely intoxicated and perhaps on drugs during the incident at Smallwood. I know many instances of friends blacking out and not remembering details but still was able to stand at function while they were in a blackout state. Yes, he may have been the one helping LS out of Smallwood but I dont believe that completely contradicts his story. His "uncooperative" attitude could very well be a sign he knows more and is using the amnesia as a clutch. OR it could mean he can't remember the details and he knows this has made him a target. To me, the fight brings up questions about JW, who allegedly is friends with ZO.
2. MB's statements that LS wanted to continue partying.
Okay, evidence of her falling everywhere definitely contradicts this but let's look at a few things. When LS and CR left Kilroys, they immediately went to Smallwood. People have mention maybe she was getting shoes but to me, if she realized she left her shoes and cell, she would have gone back to get them. I'm going to assume she was going to drink/get drugs (perhaps the white powder they found in her apt). Then, even after stumbling out of Smallwood, they stop at the girls house but no one answers. Again, I'm going to assume to party more. About 15 minutes later they get to CR and MB's apartment. She still could have asked to party.
3. JR's account.
We have to remember these new details have likely been known since the beginning or at least since the PI's got involved. We are getting them late so contradictions can happen. JR's story seemed to stay the same just with more details. What was interesting to me is that according to JR, she did have her keys when she left his apartment.

So what if Lauren left and decided, in a drunken stupor, to trace her steps back for her cell phone. Could she have turned around? or walked up an alley before cameras got involved back to the gravel lot? This could be with consistent to where the dogs originally lost her scent.

Or what if Lauren went to go meet up with JW? The article states JW was planning on meeting up with her that morning but went to sleep when he didn't hear from here. This could be a reporting error, but if morning meant that night (am), then what if she walked to his house? Are there cameras to dispute this? Could JW have assumed LS was cheating and an argument occurred? Maybe he pushed her and another blow to the head caused her to go unconconsious and he freaked? The PI's seem to target him for being inconsistent and if he was watching the game and smoking weed like the article reported, he should be the least likely of the boys to provide an inconsistent story.

And then there's the random stranger.

I don't disagree that any of these POI's could have been involved. I'm just trying to look at both sides of their statements. But at the end of the day, it's been one year since Lauren disappeared and that's the saddest part of this whole story.

Oh wow, sorry that was such a long post! Months of trying to figure this out in one post I suppose!

Thanks VV for a great post. Hope I quoted & snipped right ... Im new at this.

So ... thinking along the same lines as the scenerio above ... as LS was spiraling downward, perhaps Person X was called in to take her back to Smallwood since LS had her key card. (Was JR on a "no visit" list at SMallwood also? Might be a reason why he didn't take her back himself).

If LS and Person X went on foot to SMallwood, this could be what the mystery witness saw at 3:38am.

But why wouldn't cameras have captured their "walk" back? Hmm?
any thoughts out there?

That bartender who saw LS slumped over a person who is not apparently a POI, was very certain it was LS from my recollection of the statement.

Either if this person walked from the Gravel Lot Entrances at 5N over to Building #4 (I think it was referenced as "Men's building?" ) between Building #4 and the building just to the north of it (A small Museum if I recall correctly) they would apparently have avoided cameras. Or if they came out on 11th St. side of 5N and then walked down College Ave, also avoids cameras.

Now where do they go? What else did the Bartender see? If he put her into a car right there... it may have shown up on a street cam at some point later, maybe hours later, maybe a day later, maybe he left right away. There was an area on College Ave where you could not park due to construction, but I think you could park on the west side of the street north of that #4 building. So that car would likely have traveled south bound past the waffle house and past smallwood, or it could have made a U turn and gone up college north or turned either way on 11th. Not sure if there are cams in all 4 directions. This should be known because of all of the attention on the white truck.

Instead of putting her into a vehicle, what if Person X lives in building #4, and brought her there? Did cadaver dogs sniff around Building 4? At some point police are swarming around, smallwood, 5N the alley, the gravel lot. But are they watching building #4? Where do people from building #4 typically park? On College Ave? But with Construction on College did that cause people to park further north up on College, or do they have a lot/garage somewhere?

Either way, this person wasn't walking very far or they would have been captured on camera.

Holly2325 asked why someone would take on this task.
Assuming she was alive and taking her to the ER was the original plan, I could see just about anyone agreeing to do that. Yet if she died enroute, then they are put into a very difficult to explain situation. If she were already dead, then I agree it would be more of a criminal mind to undertake this activity. And yes I would agree the most likely criminal element here would be a drug distributor / gangster. And if it was this sort of person who the Bartender saw with LS at 3:38, seems again we are faced with what did he do - put her in a vehicle or take her into another apt, like building #4.

sidenotes - if this person walked out of 5N with LS on the 11th St. side
it could be a way that JR had planned to pass a polygragh... the questions would have to include details of another person. If they simply asked.... did you see LS leave 5N and travel down 11th st. Towards College Ave from your tiny balcony. He could say "YES" and not be lying!

why was CR and MB up fairly early the next day asking around about LS?
If they last saw her alive in their apt... why would they do that?
Seems that they would have been updated by JR. If she were alive and was going to ER, then JR may have come back and explained to them she never made it and so, here is what you have to do, otherwise you guys are going prison! So, they wake up... CR needs to go to the drugstore to function... but they are asking about LS to deflect culpability that they know would be forthcoming. They do this prematurely and nervously.
If they actually witnessed her die, all the more reason they would be restless and CR sleepless even when sleeping is most likely what he would be doing otherwise.

If LS died right there on the floor in CR/MB's place there would be no need for further meetings to work out a story, no need for phone calls or to check back with each other. One simple pass of pact where here is what each of you has to do and just stick to it... I can see someone saying "Just act natural"

If person X was a totally innocent friend who was sucked into taking LS to the ER and she passed away on the way. Their behavior could be more unpredictable. Seems to me most people might panic and do something like make phone calls, etc... If this person had a cool head and decided to leave her somewhere, they would have no doubt gone back to JR and explained. Somewhere along the way here this is where I used to think MB/CR could separate themselves from JR. But knowing that MB is a liar, and knowing that LS is missing, MB has to be able to put 2 and 2 together even if she did not technically die in his presence. Where Person X is involved, if Person X was in CR/MB's apt that night, MB is effectively protecting Person X. IF this got scooted over to JR's place where it was just LS, Person X and JR it's easier to keep X's role a mystery.

Enter possibility of a Dark sinister twist. If Person X is of the Drug Distributor / Ganster variety, they may have taken it upon themselves to see this as a no win situation even if Lauren was still alive. They may have concluded that there would be too many questions that would lead back to them or the business. Keeping people quiet/loyal is how organized crime works.

For now, Person X to me ranges from the naive to hardcore evil. Unfortunately either way, it seems far more likely than stranger abduction and that's heavily supported by the inconsistent polished stories and lies.
If CR/MB and JR were credible and truthful, stranger abduction would be a real possibility. It's not for me me any longer.

Question 3- Who were the 4 friends (they had seen earlier) who were at building #4 whose door they were knocking on?

Question 5- Who saw and heard LS hit and "thud" her head outside of bldg #4 ? Was it one of the 4 friends who did not answer the door?

Question 7- They still go through the Alley, and she falls flat on her face without even lifting arms or hands to protect herself. This is basically blacking out isn't it? Was this captured on the Alley Cam, OR did someone actually witness this?

Question 9- Is this information about CR pulling LS coming from a witness or from a Cam? Is this and her falling flat on her face the "Activity" that LE described in that Alley cam?

Respectively snipped to just respond to the above questions.

What I gathered from the video is that the 4 people that CR and LS went to see were not the same people that they ran into in Smallwood earlier. It sounds like CR was definitely not friends with those 4 people in Smallwood, so I don't think he would then want to go hang out with them later that night.

In regards to who saw her fall and hit her heard, the video states a young woman who was leaving her boyfriend's place saw LS and CR and she saw LS hit her head. He states in the video that this witness was not a college student, but was a little older so I don't think they knew her and she was probably not one of the people they were going to visit. IIRC, the witness apparently stated LS was sitting on some stairs and then fell forward and hit her head. So not sure if those stairs were in a alley or in front of the building.

Oh wow, sorry that was such a long post! Months of trying to figure this out in one post I suppose!

Thank you for the post and welcome! It's always good to have fresh perspectives. One thing about #2 ("MB's statement that LS wanted to continue partying"): Aside from when (if) they arrived at 5 North, it could have been CR who wanted to continue to party. Also, I've known people who want to continue to party when they obviously shouldn't/can't. And about JW: I've never give him as much thought as the other POIs. But reflecting on some of his responses to the press, he does seem to have a temper. Then again, he's been put in an extraordinary situation.

If you look at every statement that is known or officially attributed to JR, don't you get the sense that he thoroughly interrogated and prosecuted himself? ...

Nah!
CR's Amnesia story is in conflct with his characterization of events that he was the one messed up and LS was helping him (making her seem to have her faculties) when really he was able to carry her and she was not able to stand or hold herself upright. - BIG LIE CR!

MB says CR pukes and LS helps MB put CR to bed, when in fact she couldn't even stand or sit upright, and had her head slammed twice on the concrete in addition to what made her so out of it in the first place. Then MB says she wants to party more. - BIG LIES MB!

JR - claims she was at his place about 1 hr (few details yet about that supposed miracle hour) except that she mistakes an ipod for a phone, and supposedly calls 2 people and then passes the "walk test".
When instead it's far more likely that she slipped off into a coma, cardic event, or seizure, or combination or at the very least passes out.
So, she's just fine after 1 hr and walks down the street? - BIG LIE JR!

These 3 Liars know more and probably at least one of them knows all.

Snipped by me. Good points, and I agree. But I still wonder why JR ended up being the last in line, so to speak. If she partied with DR before ever arriving at JR's, it doesn't seem like JR should need to be the most accountable. Maybe more happened before they went to Sports than he's letting on? Or he's covering for someone else? Sorry to go full circle again.

I remember reading about an old case from Flint, Michigan. Dorothy Schneider was kidnapped, raped, murdered, and sunk in the water. The hero led searches, donated money, consoled the grieving, and made public speeches. But, the hero was really the killer of Dorothy Schneider. This is one of the strangest crime stories in history.
I suspect Lauren's case will have a strange twist as well. I believe many have been fooled. We'll see.

Snipped by me. Good points, and I agree. But I still wonder why JR ended up being the last in line, so to speak. If she partied with DR before ever arriving at JR's, it doesn't seem like JR should need to be the most accountable. Maybe more happened before they went to Sports than he's letting on? Or he's covering for someone else? Sorry to go full circle again.

It may have to do with the fact that Lauren went to CR's while everyone else what, went to Sports, and then they showed up? Maybe JR supplied drugs to CR that were done at his place. Or even at Sports, since people do coke in the bathrooms there.

I'd like to talk about the new resurgence of focus on JW, as it seems he was out of the limelight for a good while, and the focus was on exclusively CR, JR, and MB.

A few days ago - before a lot of new details came out - I made a post in which I mentioned that JW had been cleared by Mr. Spierer. However, as it would happen, I just saw two new interviews with Mr. Spierer himself and Bo Dietel saying that JW is still not sharing all he knows and is giving conflicting statements.

This is very telling. In a sense, it makes him MOST suspect out of all of them - given that although he was supposedly not with any of them that night and not caught up in any of the chaos, and was cozily at home watching basketball, he STILL choose to retain a lawyer and not make any public statements. (As did HT, for instance). It makes sense why CR, JR and MB hired lawyers - there is hard evidence that they were present with Lauren in her last known hours, as well as evidence they had been doing hard drugs and drinking. One could see how they could be unfairly accused of things and why their parents would have wanted to hire attorney's for them. But if JW was supposedly in a completely different location and went to bed early that night with nothing to hide, it makes his reticence and lack of communication all the more curious.

There is one final note that probably doesn't have anything to do with anything and is just the psychiatrist in me coming out: In the days and weeks immediately following her disappearance, I checked JW's Facebook status updates hourly, and he was changing them constantly. "Baby, I need you". "Whoever took Lauren, you will Pay". "It's been one week, come home". "I ned you back babe, you were the sunlight of my life". etc, etc, etc. Is it just me, or does this seem a LITTLE obsessive? I would think that is one truly lost one's gf, or was truly determined to find out what happened, you somehow would not be posting things like this. There would be no need to constantly share with the cyber world. It's almost like a cover-up, somehow, an attempt at seeming uber-concerned.

But that's just a VERY out there 2 cents, based on how I might react if my gf went missing.

Thinking of you today, Lauren. May you be brought home soon, sweet girl.

I'd like to talk about the new resurgence of focus on JW, as it seems he was out of the limelight for a good while, and the focus was on exclusively CR, JR, and MB.

A few days ago - before a lot of new details came out - I made a post in which I mentioned that JW had been cleared by Mr. Spierer. However, as it would happen, I just saw two new interviews with Mr. Spierer himself and Bo Dietel saying that JW is still not sharing all he knows and is giving conflicting statements.

This is very telling. In a sense, it makes him MOST suspect out of all of them - given that although he was supposedly not with any of them that night and not caught up in any of the chaos, and was cozily at home watching basketball, he STILL choose to retain a lawyer and not make any public statements. (As did HT, for instance). It makes sense why CR, JR and MB hired lawyers - there is hard evidence that they were present with Lauren in her last known hours, as well as evidence they had been doing hard drugs and drinking. One could see how they could be unfairly accused of things and why their parents would have wanted to hire attorney's for them. But if JW was supposedly in a completely different location and went to bed early that night with nothing to hide, it makes his reticence and lack of communication all the more curious.

There is one final note that probably doesn't have anything to do with anything and is just the psychiatrist in me coming out: In the days and weeks immediately following her disappearance, I checked JW's Facebook status updates hourly, and he was changing them constantly. "Baby, I need you". "Whoever took Lauren, you will Pay". "It's been one week, come home". "I ned you back babe, you were the sunlight of my life". etc, etc, etc. Is it just me, or does this seem a LITTLE obsessive? I would think that is one truly lost one's gf, or was truly determined to find out what happened, you somehow would not be posting things like this. There would be no need to constantly share with the cyber world. It's almost like a cover-up, somehow, an attempt at seeming uber-concerned.

But that's just a VERY out there 2 cents, based on how I might react if my gf went missing.

I did think it strange that he seems to have moved on with his life and broke off contact with the Spierer family. I would think he would stand beside them. It's not like he thinks she is just missing. It seems he thinks she is no longer alive and that's from the beginning of the case.

I don't know. I think the statement made by the PI raises some questions... But, even though I've had similar thoughts myself at times, I always think twice about judging these kinds of personal reactions. Who's to say how someone would/ should act in the days following a tragic and unexplainable loss...

I'm reminded of this quote from Joan Didion's The Year of Magical Thinking -- it's a memoir she wrote following the sudden death of her husband:

“Grief turns out to be a place none of us know until we reach it. We anticipate (we know) that someone close to us could die, but we do not look beyond the few days or weeks that immediately follow such an imagined death. We misconstrue the nature of even those few days or weeks. We might expect if the death is sudden to feel shock. We do not expect this shock to be obliterative, dislocating to both body and mind. We might expect that we will be prostrate, inconsolable, crazy with loss. We do not expect to be literally crazy, cool customers who believe their husband is about to return and need his shoes.”

At this point the case to me comes down to two things. A) who was the 2nd call from JR made to B) who had access to a car.

A) maybe the 2nd call from JR was to JW to say, "come get LS she's in bad shape". or was the call made to ZO to find out details of the Smallwood event and pass along info to JW about LS???

B) JW did drive his roommate to class the next AM. If I stand correct their was confusion about the time and potential recantment by JW early on about the time. perhaps he botched his statement. Defintely remember hearing parts of a breakup get back together with LS and JW. Perhaps he was jealour from being back burnered perhaps he felt compelled to go get her and she died innocently within his care. Maybe when seeing her he snapped.

Did he have his car? Was his car searched??? Did he premeditated the events by taking a friends or roomies car unbeknownst to them???

At this point the case to me comes down to two things. A) who was the 2nd call from JR made to B) who had access to a car.

A) maybe the 2nd call from JR was to JW to say, "come get LS she's in bad shape". or was the call made to ZO to find out details of the Smallwood event and pass along info to JW about LS???

In the half-hour before she purportedly left, two calls were placed from Rosenbaum’s phone. Rosenbaum said Spierer placed both calls, one to Rohn and another to a male friend who also was with her earlier that night watching basketball at Smallwood.

Both were sleeping, neither picked up, and no messages were left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaminMetairie