IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if it would be helpful to list all the inconsistencies in this case, along with who put out the information when and the original source if known.

I'm not finding any consistent accounts from anyone who saw her after Sports. This is why making theories based on their statements may be flawed.

He started in fall 2008 so he probably graduated.

As of the last H-T piece Then/Now he was off kilter in his academic plan. I suppose he could have resolved it in summer school IF the classes hr needed were offered.

There are cameras everywhere in Smallwood, even in Lauren's laundry room. Almost all movement in the building, outside apartment living space is captured and recorded. A person saw the video of Lauren exiting the elevator and leaked it to the media. It would have been helpful if he had also dug deeper and noted when ZO and AB left the building.
Did they follow right behind Corey? Or, did they remain and visit with HT until 10 AM?
The answer is very important.

In my opinion, the most likely scenario is that LS never made it to 5 North. I believe she disappeared before. And the disappearance might have happened around the time one of the POIs "lost his memory". The story of her going back to 5 North and walking out of there might have been fabricated much later, if the POI with the lost memory asked others to cover for him because something "happened" to LS. That type of scenario also explains why no suspect car was seen around 4.30 AM leaving the building.

On another note, I am really wondering how competent the investigation for LS in the state of Indiana has been. It took over a month for the authorities there to conclude that a skull found was most likely an Asian man. They had LS's family waiting all that time. I recently watched a documentary on the case of Morgan Harrington in Virginia. Within 2 days after a decomposed body was found, the police had a match of the dental records with a positive identification.

I think this is likely. Now, we just need someone to keep working until they get the right answers.

Are you sure you were looking at the right FB pages? I can see JR on DR's friends list. I do not see HT on ZO's friends list.

/[/url]

My mistake! JR is friends with DR. I rechecked ZO's list and found HT again. The Teddy you're referring to might be under Ted. He went to the same high school but his page says he is living in TX.

There is a possible scenario that hasn't been discussed. Probably because it's a little odd but it's at least plausible.

Assume CR's memory loss is real. Perhaps he arrives at the apartment with LS, she's injured from hitting her head, woozy from drugs, and overall not in good shape. CR passes out leaving MB with a 'problem'. Perhaps LS is not breathing or ceases breathing, CR is out of it and cannot explain what happened. Seeing LS looking battered MB fears CR did something (accident or on purpose). So maybe that sets the wheels in motion to what happens next. Maybe trying to protect his roommate.

And in that type of scenario, CR ends up looking really bad as circumstances have now unfolded, but he could legitimately be uninvolved with her disappearance and have no recollections of any helpful information in those most important moments.

There is a possible scenario that hasn't been discussed. Probably because it's a little odd but it's at least plausible.

Assume CR's memory loss is real. Perhaps he arrives at the apartment with LS, she's injured from hitting her head, woozy from drugs, and overall not in good shape. CR passes out leaving MB with a 'problem'. Perhaps LS is not breathing or ceases breathing, CR is out of it and cannot explain what happened. Seeing LS looking battered MB fears CR did something (accident or on purpose). So maybe that sets the wheels in motion to what happens next. Maybe trying to protect his roommate.

And in that type of scenario, CR ends up looking really bad as circumstances have now unfolded, but he could legitimately be uninvolved with her disappearance and have no recollections of any helpful information in those most important moments.

This seems likely but two questions: How/When does JR get involved and why would he agree to say he was the last person to see LS? And does this suggest CR was not involved in what happened to her body but MB and JR are?

I think this is essentially impossible. Why? Because if it was just memory loss, there would be no reason for one of the POIs not to talk to the parents of LS (at least in the presence of his lawyer, as JR did). See this video and what RS says at 1.51.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdPhiK78I-U&feature=related"]An exclusive sit-down interview with the family of Lauren Spierer. - YouTube[/ame]

This seems likely but two questions: How/When does JR get involved and why would he agree to say he was the last person to see LS? And does this suggest CR was not involved in what happened to her body but MB and JR are?

I am still puzzled by the rumor that some combination of JR, CR, and MB were out looking for LS, possibly before JW and HT had reported her missing. If JR and MB were telling the truth (CR isn't saying anything but he allegedly asked someone if they'd seen a little blonde girl), they'd have no reason to think that she did not make it back to Smallwood. If she OD'd and they did something with her body, why would they go out looking for her?

What if one or more of them left her outside, unconscious at least, maybe dead or dying, figuring that she'd be found soon but her death or OD would not be blamed on them?

Then when there are no sirens during the night, they are puzzled and figure that she must have gotten up and walked away on her own. But even in this scenario, how would they know that she did not make it back to Smallwood.

I am still puzzled by the rumor that some combination of JR, CR, and MB were out looking for LS, possibly before JW and HT had reported her missing. If JR and MB were telling the truth (CR isn't saying anything but he allegedly asked someone if they'd seen a little blonde girl), they'd have no reason to think that she did not make it back to Smallwood. If she OD'd and they did something with her body, why would they go out looking for her?

What if one or more of them left her outside, unconscious at least, maybe dead or dying, figuring that she'd be found soon but her death or OD would not be blamed on them?

Then when there are no sirens during the night, they are puzzled and figure that she must have gotten up and walked away on her own. But even in this scenario, how would they know that she did not make it back to Smallwood.

IMO, this rumor is overanalyzed. When JW went to pick up HT's keys and found no LS at Smallwood, he probably notified HT. This probably set off phone calls to see if anyone was with or heard from LS. I figure HT calls DR since he was with her that night. He calls JR because they were at his apartment and he knows LS was hanging out with his neighbor (CR). He tells JR that LS is not at Smallwood and that her boyfriend got her phone from Kilroys. Maybe he suggests JR ask CR or JR goes over and asks himself if he's heard from LS. Then they ask around.

You wouldn't report someone missing unless you really believed that no one was with that person. As far as any times mentioned, I consider those being messed up from the rumor mill.. 'telephone game' style.

Jesse Wolff was the only one in the whole group who knew Lauren had Long QT and she needed medicine daily. He knew that if she was gone and her medication was still at Smallwood, this was a very serious problem. He must have been quite alarmed when he phoned Lauren's father because both her parents immediately caught planes for Indiana.

This also leads me to believe that no one called Jesse to alert him about the condition of his girlfriend that night which he would have recognized as a medical emergency.

And furthermore, if you faint with Long QT, it's not like falling down drunk. It's lights out right now. You will fall right on your face. It really is lights out and without warning.

This also leads me to believe that no one called Jesse to alert him about the condition of his girlfriend that night which he would have recognized as a medical emergency.

This is why I thought it was important to post about who's friends with who on FB. JW was not linked to any other POI through the site. Only HT and her other roommates are listed as his friends on FB. There was likely no one involved that night who was friends with him, unless a name that has not been released was around.

Maybe MB made her JR's problem (too) somehow?

CR could've been told what happened later... or not.

It's hard to discount this scenario entirely based on JR because no scenario that I've heard would make perfect sense as to why JR would insert himself into the position of being the last to knowingly see her alive that morning... unless he's telling the truth.

I'm just trying to think outside the box here.

Is there a reason or deep enough connection that MB and JR would cover for CR if they thought he did something to her (even if they were wrong in their assumptions)?

MB was a close friend with CR, but I don't think JR was a close friend with CR. So, I don't see any reason for JR to cover up for CR.
JR isn't stupid, I presume.

If she OD'd and they did something with her body, why would they go out looking for her?

Because after being alerted by her friends that LS is missing, kicking back, smoking a bowl and playing some x-box--cuz you know LS isn't really missing because you've done something with her--might not be the kosher move...you make like you have no idea what happened to her and join in the search.

On another note, I am really wondering how competent the investigation for LS in the state of Indiana has been. It took over a month for the authorities there to conclude that a skull found was most likely an Asian man. They had LS's family waiting all that time. I recently watched a documentary on the case of Morgan Harrington in Virginia. Within 2 days after a decomposed body was found, the police had a match of the dental records with a positive identification.

It might be giving Indiana law enforcement (LE) too much credit, but it's possible that LS's family was clued in early on that the skull was not LS's but they cooperated with an effort by LE to smoke out/rattle the POI's.

That is, they let the public think that the skull has good potential to be LS's and then they watch/listen/monitor how various POI's react to that possibility being publicized all over the media:

do they scramble to confer with their lawyers?

do they chat with various other friends of LS's about the possibility of LS finally being found? [probably what a completely innocent person would do]

do they blow if off and do nothing because they KNOW the skull in the White River is not LS's because they know where she's really buried.

Because after being alerted by her friends that LS is missing, kicking back, smoking a bowl and playing some x-box--cuz you know LS isn't really missing because you've done something with her--might not be the kosher move...you make like you have no idea what happened to her and join in the search.

I agree. The only scenario that really makes sense is that they did not go looking for her until someone told them she was missing. So we can discount the rumor that they were looking for her before JW and HT discovered that she was missing.

I would like to hear a response from Bessie before I reply to this.

<3
After you hear from Bessie, I would also like to know if Ray ever answered Atty's question about whether or not JR had a guest.

At the very least when LS arrived at 5 North, she required some first aid; yet, no one mentions any care or concern, very strange.

Did JR actually realize that Lauren didn't have a cellphone? Or does he find that out the next day when JW has retrieved it, making it convenient to suggest that his frantic calls for aid were her calls looking for her cellphone? I usually call my own number when mine has been misplaced and wouldn't JR, seeing her condition, consider that her phone might be in his apartment or CR/MB's?

I am inclined to think, MB, did "get rid of his problem" by calling on his neighbor, JR. I am also inclined to think that JR, in turn, passed the ultimate " problem" along himself which is why he can admit to being with her in the last hour. So who might have shown up or otherwise have been summoned and involved themselves in a crime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654