IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of good thinking lately.

1) For those that think House Bar and LS wandering around on other excursions including venturing over to JW's, etc... This has seemed implausible to some of us because her last known state was that of someone who could not talk, kept slamming her head on the ground/gravel/concrete and was being literally carried by CR or propped up by him. The altercation where CR gets clocked by ZO at SW has always been very peculiar and it's lack of LE attention has made it even more strange. If this altercation was about CR having put LS into such a terrible situation, why not take over and "help" LS back to her apt... since she was already on the way. Was she not also already in the elevator falling down trying to get out of it? Why would ZO and company allow CR to take her elsewhere if they were such chivalrous knights? So, didn't appear to me that they were so concerned about LS. The prevailing theory is that LS had consumed alcohol, klonopin (which has been backed up by some fuzzy heresay from DR), and possibly other substances voluntarily or involuntarily. As it happens OD on Klonopin alone can cause the symptomatic behavior witnessed and recorded on video. LS suffered serious injuries to her head. Both of these things (the drug induced state; unable to talk, falling, and loss of consciousness, as well as; Head injuries from multiple serious falls either witnessed or recorded) created a situation where LS was most likely either completely unconscious / comatose or rotating between comatose blackouts and bouts of consciousness.
2) With LS being unconscious it does open up for the possibility that someone tried taking advantage of the situation and attempted intercourse. Who? That would seem to point more towards CR that anyone else. Now consider again, the image of LS last recorded moments on camera - the actual last time we can believe with any certainty of her whereabouts. Lauren exited that alley and fell face down, without blocking. Her wallet and keys (minus her fake ID and SW keycard) were found very close to this spot and put up on a railing within minutes of this fall. But she was no longer there.
My thinking is from original LE statements that there was some sort of "activity" at the end of the alley. This was before PI's let it be known that the "activity" was her falling face down like she was out cold. Lately I have wondered if LE's "activity" includes a bit more... if they could see her fall... they could see her get up... or someone drag her or pick her up. Dragged or Picked up would be CR. He was right there with her. LE should know if she were assisted back up, was picked up or was just pulled away.
3) From there, carried, propped or dragged it's a short distance to the blind area behind 5N. This blind area were only a few parked, 5N visitors parked, a wooden fence around the dumpster blocks the view from the alley area. I call it a blind area because of this and because there are no cameras here, it's very dark also having some trees to block light and create visibility barriers, and few windows with visibility even from the 5N building itself. Since CR lived there, he would have known just how blind it was. We know that CR made it home and 5N is where he lived. And LS supposedly made it to 5N too. Whether or not she ever got passed the blind area is a good question. Everything else we know after this is based on statements from MB, MB's lawyer and JR. The person last actually known to be with her was CR and he conveniently has amnesia. MB(especially)'s and JR's stories are very inconsistent with the events leading up to LS making it to 5N(if we are to believe she made it, and most likely that she would have been carried or propped were it true).
So, as Bessie asked, why would JR take it upon himself to be known as the last person to supposedly see her if it weren't true? My answer to this has been to cover for someone else and misdirect attention from not only the someone but location as well. We all know that drugs are a given in this scenario; the depth and complexity of the drugs has been speculated as one reason for motivation of such a cover up and a reason for hiding LS's body. It's also been speculated that evidence of rape or other foul play may have been the reason to cause LS to vanish. It would seem unlikely that JR would cover for that unless he were also directly involved. It's also known that JR had family ties with LS's family this also making him the more diplomatic liaison to deal with them.
I recall events of the following day when LS's dad arrives with JW and they quickly are on the path of CR and JR. How did they figure all of that out so quickly? We know about the cameras but that day, LS's dad and JW didn't know any of that. What if JR had denied seeing her? Well then everything would point squarely at CR and MB. So JR is taking the heat off of CR and MB. It also appears that MB is covering up for CR and possibly himself as well. MB's statements only make sense because JR's align with them. All that's needed to make this type of conspiracy work is a simple deal between MB and JR, and CR just has to not say anything. But yes, WHY cover up for CR?
If the cover up were not about rape, and not drugs, then what?
Scenario: CR carried or dragged LS to the blind area near the 5N dumpster. She's clearly got serious injuries and looks like she's been beaten, even though its really from repeatedly falling. CR realizes that she is dead or suspects it. He goes up to get help. MB comes to take a look. CR / MB discuss what would happen if LE were called. CR is crocked and high, and there lies a small beautiful LS appearing to have been beaten to death, with inebriated CR being the last known person with her. The fear of how LE would respond and treat CR in this scenario would certainly be motivation to begin a simple cover up. Now, MB realizes they have to get JR involved so MB calls JR at 3:30 (it was MB's cell phone to JR's right?). So JR comes down to have a look and agrees but only because CR is coherent enough to explain that LS's injuries were from falling. CR is able to convince JR. So, now we are left with who took the body and what did they do with it? And then JR's 2 clean up calls at 4:15 to DR and ?
This scenario is very similar to these same events taking place in CR/MB's apartment.
Either way, It does seem that JR saw LS's injuries.
Also, from early reports I thought it was stated that other POI's had been at CR/MB's or came over from JR's to CR/MB's and had witnessed LS there. So if this (at least one) other POI, possibly the out of town visitor of JR's also saw LS at this time, they are just as much on the hook.

LE's actions following LS's disappearance seem to follow some of this. It was as though LE saw through CR's B.S. and so they searched CR's car. So LE may be on to much of this, they just can't prove it. And of course, just who took LS out of there?

bumping your post....ok your theory, which is made up of many good points from different theories, not saying you put them together, is completely logical and plausible. there is room, however, for theories that start out like your's, but have a different outcome. Say CR dragged LS as you say, up the alley, and then right out of camera vision, she falls down comatose and he goes to MB for help. When they come back, she's gone. So they go to JR's
and she's not there. Then someone (we don't know who) tells them they saw
Mr. X (drug dealer) with LS over his shoulder at 3:38 a.m carrying her away.
That someone tells them they better say the last time they saw her she was walking away towards home. CR decides he can't handle this and pleads amnesia, which cannot really be refuted because so many saw him get punched while really drunk, unless someone squeals.
This isn't my theory at all, but I put it together using a few theories.
I never said these guys were not culpable--they contributed to her demise, and yes they can lose in civil court IMO right now. I don't think they actually
hid her body. IMO, as a Bloomington native, I feel she was taken by someone who knows the terrain very well.
Bloomington is this really pretty, liberal, cool place to live but it has a small,
really super seedy underbelly. About 10 years ago, I had been quaffing red wine and decided to call a cab. I noticed there were 2 passengers in the back, and the cab driver said do you want to get in front, I just have to drop
these people off. I didn't even check the people out (dumb!) because it was late, and hey I was slightly drunk. The cab starts going, and going, further out of town, and all the sudden it dawned on me (dumb) that they could be abducting me! We're out in the country now, and I'm wigging, and asking God
not to let them kill me, trying to be cool, and we pull up to a farmhouse.
I turn around as they are getting out, and one butchy guy all leathered out has another guy with really long hair, waist lenth, on a long, heavy chain and
collar. He's like, "he doesn't get out much. See ya'll later." And drags the guy,
pleasantly yanks the guys, out of the car and up the drive. I'm like OMG, WTF, thank you Jesus!

Really? How do you calculate this "Equal chance?"

1) CR just happens to be the last person that we can actually say with any certainty was with her - He just happens to have Amnesia!

2) The statements made by MB / MB's Attorney and JR do not match LS's last known condition, not even close. Moreover, their actions do not fit.

3) The odds of stranger abduction are exceedingly rare. In this case you have a very narrow time frame, a very small geography, with very suspicious circumstances and an unrealistic account of a barefoot 98lb girl who was slammed in the head with concrete and was totally unconscious within an hour prior to her supposed sober departure BAREFOOT after calling 2 other POI's to look for her phone, instead of calling her phone to see who had it.
Stringing together the odds of all of this and you come up with and EQUAL CHANCE? Perhaps you think the chance of a house burning down is the same as winning the powerball? It's NOT.

Mickey's abduction was in a tiny time frame by a stranger, after being out late with friends ,
and those friends were accused, and even friends of those friends who weren't there that night, some people were accusing Bradley's ex-girlfriend because they assumed she must be jealous of Mickey, and because she had worked at the stables with Mickey.

Because it makes so much sense, and is the easiest of scenarios to piece together, blaming the disappearance on some or all of the 5N guys is certainly the most solid of theories based on everything known, rumored, or thought to be known.

One problem.... With that being said if LE can't make a case then I have to feel there's exculpatory evidence we don't know about, or else LE totally blew this case from the start. Is it possible they have been so inept, so misfocused in the beginning, and/or so outplayed by college students that not even the PI's could sort the mess out and get the case refocused?

Also, when taking a big picture view we're not as clear about things such as her condition as some might think. We don't know how embellished or inaccurate some of the accounts we've heard might be. We're not even getting them from the source. We are getting them filtered thru friends, thru rumors, thru the PI's, thru reporters (that haven't shown a high level of accuracy throughout this case), etc.. Bloomington Police couldn't have been any more vague in their descriptions of the video tape(s) or confirming witness accounts or rumored witness accounts.

To make theories more plausible some tend to speculate she was being dragged thru the alley or thrown over someone's shoulder. But didn't the PI's describe it as a 'piggy back' ride? I don't remember at this point but I don't remember coming away from their description thinking she was essentially out of it at that point.

There's lots of speculation that she never would've been able to leave JR's apartment because of the condition she was in. But didn't she manage to leave Smallwood on her own after the altercation to chase after CR?

We've heard she hit her head on concrete but was it really what it looked like to the witness or has the witness embellished the scene in their head after replaying it and knowing something happened soon afterwards? And how accurate is what we've heard in the first place? It's not like we've heard from the witness(es) themselves.

I just can't help but believe if it is the simplest and most obvious scenario in some form involving the 5N bunch that we also have to factor in a massive fail on the part of LE to allow them to get away with it to this point. And then you have the PI's obviously unable to tie them to a crime either.

And unless you want to go down that path then I have to believe there's info we just aren't privy to that must tend to be exculpatory or point at least in some degree to another scenario that can't possibly involve them. It might even be a red herring but at least that would help explain their ability to not be caught (yet).

can someone group the initials of pois as far as who knew each other? my understanding is there was a group of people ls had only met a few days before and i'm still not clear whether this group comprises all of the pois and, in any case, whether all of those pois were close friends? thank you in advance as i continue to get confused over who knew who.

One problem.... With that being said if LE can't make a case then I have to feel there's exculpatory evidence we don't know about, or else LE totally blew this case from the start.

I wouldn't necessarily assume either of those things. There are often cases where LE has a lot of evidence, but will not move ahead until a body is found. And unfortunately, it doesn't take a genius plan to hide a body, it just takes luck. I do think it's possible LE didn't do a stellar job in the first few days, but I imagine they were also hindered by the fact that the POI immediately lawyered up and did not cooperate.

Also, if there was exculpatory evidence, the POI's lawyers would have no reason to keep that a secret.

About Lauren's condition that night. It's true a witness account may have been exaggerated, but there are several unrelated groups that made similar comments -- all of which point to her being really out of it. The witness(es), the guys at Smallwood, the person who viewed the elevator footage... Even the anonymous comments in IDS and on PT long before the Lohud article said things like she was 'foaming at the mouth', that her friends sent her home from the bar, etc.

Mickey's abduction was in a tiny time frame by a stranger, after being out late with friends ,
and those friends were accused, and even friends of those friends who weren't there that night, some people were accusing Bradley's ex-girlfriend because they assumed she must be jealous of Mickey, and because she had worked at the stables with Mickey.

One key difference with that case was that the friend(s) in question cooperated fully with LE from Day One - and it looks like they never because the focus of the investigation.

can someone group the initials of pois as far as who knew each other? my understanding is there was a group of people ls had only met a few days before and i'm still not clear whether this group comprises all of the pois and, in any case, whether all of those pois were close friends? thank you in advance as i continue to get confused over who knew who.

MB and CR shared a townhouse
JR was their neighbor
LS had recently met CR
LS and JR had known each other for years
LS and JW were a couple and had known each other for years
JR and DR were friends
JR and DB are business partners
HT and DR know each other
ZO and AB are friends, possibly roommates
There is an unconfirmed report (on this site, as I recall) that HT and AB were at the Indiana State Fair together.

MB and CR shared a townhouse
JR was their neighbor
LS had recently met CR
LS and JR had known each other for years
LS and JW were a couple and had known each other for years
JR and DR were friends
JR and DB are business partners
HT and DR know each other
ZO and AB are friends, possibly roommates
There is an unconfirmed report (on this site, as I recall) that HT and AB were at the Indiana State Fair together.

also, LS and DR were friends.
HT and LS were roommates.

The early morning of 3 June, there was a party at Smallwood on the 5th floor. There was a party at 5 North. Because there were 2 separate parties, many are under the impression there were two groups of friends. We must go further back in time by less than a week to the Indianapolis 500. Everyone, (with the exception of Jesse Wolff who did not go) was camping out together. We seem to have one large group of friends, not two.

I wouldn't necessarily assume either of those things. There are often cases where LE has a lot of evidence, but will not move ahead until a body is found. And unfortunately, it doesn't take a genius plan to hide a body, it just takes luck. I do think it's possible LE didn't do a stellar job in the first few days, but I imagine they were also hindered by the fact that the POI immediately lawyered up and did not cooperate.

Also, if there was exculpatory evidence, the POI's lawyers would have no reason to keep that a secret.

The lawyers would have no reason to have any exculpatory evidence unless they came upon it via their own investigation because their clients haven't been charged. No charges = no discovery requirements for the state.

Have no idea if this has to do with LS or not but there are about 20 police cars and lots of dogs on your way to Martinsville, close to where the Morgan-Monroe state forest and close to some reports of a business that had white trucks. Nothing in the Herald Times yet but just wishing it was some kind of news.

The lawyers would have no reason to have any exculpatory evidence unless they came upon it via their own investigation because their clients haven't been charged. No charges = no discovery requirements for the state.

Oh, you mean evidence the POI themselves wouldn't know about? Like what? I assumed you meant evidence the POI could provide, which I assume if they had, they would shout from the rooftops.

Oh, you mean evidence the POI themselves wouldn't know about? Like what? I assumed you meant evidence the POI could provide, which I assume if they had, they would shout from the rooftops.

No I meant possibly LE discovered something in the course of the investigation that runs counter to the theory that the 5N bunch was involved. As for what, I don't know.... a phone ping... something with the tracking dogs... somebody else on video....

And, as I said, it wouldn't have to eliminate the 5N bunch necessarily, but it could muddy the waters considerably if there was little physical evidence connecting them to a crime while something might exist that could be the basis for an alternate theory that connects someone else (although maybe the 'why' (motive) doesn't compute).

I just keep coming back to thinking if it's as simple as the easiest and obvious theory of the 5N guys then finding evidence against them shouldn't be that hard. At least enough evidence to be able to pressure them.

No I meant possibly LE discovered something in the course of the investigation that runs counter to the theory that the 5N bunch was involved. As for what, I don't know.... a phone ping... something with the tracking dogs... somebody else on video....

Ah, gotcha. I really wish we knew if LE has something. Anything.

I waver between hoping they they are quietly building a strong case and fearing they have nothing at all.

Have no idea if this has to do with LS or not but there are about 20 police cars and lots of dogs on your way to Martinsville, close to where the Morgan-Monroe state forest and close to some reports of a business that had white trucks. Nothing in the Herald Times yet but just wishing it was some kind of news.

anything further on this?

anything further on this?

Not a single thing in the paper today about why there were so many police cars or dogs out there. I keep looking to see if there was a story about maybe a hunter being hurt or something like that but haven't found anything.

Not a single thing in the paper today about why there were so many police cars or dogs out there. I keep looking to see if there was a story about maybe a hunter being hurt or something like that but haven't found anything.

It might also be something related to the November 10 explosion on the south side of Indianapolis. LE has been searching for evidence, and one item of interest was a white van.

http://www.indianas4.com/wxin-more-...osion-investigation-20121129,0,7318243.column

One key difference with that case was that the friend(s) in question cooperated fully with LE from Day One - and it looks like they never because the focus of the investigation.

..All of the POIs have cooperated to some degree. The out of town friend I don't think was named such. Am I allowed to ask Abbey if she is the writer from another board? writer meaning a professional one.

..All of the POIs have cooperated to some degree. The out of town friend I don't think was named such.

As far as I know, LE never actually named any persons of interest. They stated that there were about ten PsOI (see first link), but later said that that number changed from day to day. They would acknowledge that certain persons named by the press were persons of interest, e.g. JW in the article at the second link.

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81847
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/police-lauren-spierer-s-boyfriend-person-of-interest-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95