IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Snapfade. On the Help Find Kate McGrayel FB page, a friend wrote that before she disappeared she was living in the forest on her parents property and gives some insight into some issues she may have been facing. (Dec 15, 2010)

:(

I thought it had to be Katelyn when I first read about this find. After all, the location is very close to a radio station that targets Cincinnati. And the area was frequented by Katelyn and her boyfriend. He was quite acquainted with Franklin County Indiana. He is now quoted by a Cincinnati TV station saying, Life sucks."

More than life is gonna suck for that boy if he did this. He will end up doing alot of it too.

Thanks Snapfade. On the Help Find Kate McGrayel FB page, a friend wrote that before she disappeared she was living in the forest on her parents property and gives some insight into some issues she may have been facing. (Dec 15, 2010)

:(

Kate's mom's address is in the 2500 block of Wise Hollow. Where the body was found per http://www.bcdemocrat.com/index.php?id=13985

:-(

eta: From reading the Help Find Kate McGrayel FB page, it sounds like she left her mom a note. Maybe instead of leaving home, she meant taking her own life? (if this turns out to be her)

Kate's mom's address is in the 2500 block of Wise Hollow. Where the body was found per http://www.bcdemocrat.com/index.php?id=13985

:-(

eta: From reading the Help Find Kate McGrayel FB page, it sounds like she left her mom a note. Maybe instead of leaving home, she meant taking her own life? (if this turns out to be her)

I was also thinking of Kate. And, this information seems to provide the answer.
Now, where is Lauren? What really happened to her?

Friends of missing IU student Lauren Spierer prepare for graduation
http://www.wthr.com/story/21964601/...repare-for-iu-graduation#.UWiVsuf0efI.twitter

I feel horrible for BW. Graduating college is one of the most bittersweet things ever, but to leave without her best friend who she lived with for her first two years, and has no idea where she's at.... so heartbreaking. They majored in the same thing- they should be walking next to each other at graduation, laughing over memories, and planning for the future. The last few weeks of college is so emotional, and everything you walk by brings back some sort of memory. My heart goes out to her and all of LS's close friends....and of course her poor parents.

Are any of the POI's still at IU? I know JR and JW have both graduated, but what about MB, CR and DR?

I wonder how they would make a judgment like over 30 from a skull-just wisdom teeth? I have always heard that age estimates under 18 are super accurate, but above that and it gets iffier. I wonder if over 30 is a preliminary judgment and they will lower the age range?

Or maybe I just really want Lauren to be found so she can have peace and her family can bury their daughter :(

Agreed. Its nearly been 2 years....that being said, if by chance any POI is reading this right now, please submit an anonymous tip of LS's location. This is a good time...its been a good time. By now, any evidence is probably gone. It's the right thing to do.

I feel gruesome as to how badly I hoped Lauren had been found, finally. But I did not know about Kate and send condolences to her family.

http://www.jconline.com/viewart/20130416/NEWS01/304160017/indiana-girl-missing-body-remains
Police find woman's body in Brown County, possible remains of missing IU student
A southern Indiana coroner says skeletal remains found last week at a remote site in Brown County are those of a woman who had been dead two years or more.
Brown County chief deputy coroner Earl Piper says mushroom hunters found the remains last Thursday on a ridge in a rugged, wooded area that’s a long hike from a rural road.
Piper told The Herald-Times the bones were scattered and the woman’s body had been in the remote area for “a couple of years or so at least.”

http://www.wthr.com/story/21972575/mushroom-hunters-find-human-skull

Look at the comments. Kate's father (or maybe brother, I can't remember) posted in the comments that " it is not "L.S." "

So sad for Kate McGrayel's family and friends!

Apparently the comment has been removed so I'm not sure what that means - it would seem that it would be Ms. McGrayel because of the proximity but I guess we won't know until we know.

So many things running through my head, it's obviously someone's loved one, but, no offense to Websleuths at all, I wish we could somehow put you out of business, so many missing, seemingly disappeared, it truly boggles my mind and hurts my heart. BUT, because of Websleuths, I'm much more aware of my surroundings and have a much keener eye when observing the world and people around me and for that I'm very thankful!

Are there any upcoming planned searches for Lauren? IMO, I think that needs to be done. Anyone recall when the last one was? Media exposure is awesome but feet on the ground can't be beat. Let's find Lauren!!

Apparently the comment has been removed so I'm not sure what that means - it would seem that it would be Ms. McGrayel because of the proximity but I guess we won't know until we know.

So many things running through my head, it's obviously someone's loved one, but, no offense to Websleuths at all, I wish we could somehow put you out of business, so many missing, seemingly disappeared, it truly boggles my mind and hurts my heart. BUT, because of Websleuths, I'm much more aware of my surroundings and have a much keener eye when observing the world and people around me and for that I'm very thankful!

Are there any upcoming planned searches for Lauren? IMO, I think that needs to be done. Anyone recall when the last one was? Media exposure is awesome but feet on the ground can't be beat. Let's find Lauren!!

Kate's father/brother posted again in the comments asking people to stop gossiping. I think that's still there. Maybe because he could get into trouble with LE for posting inside info?

I agree that there needs to be another ground search for LS. I truly believe she'll eventually be found by a hunter, etc. - much like Jill Behrman and more recently Katelyn Markham and this newest unknown person. Why not speed that up and instead of waiting for a hunter, do ground searches.

Bloomington and Brown County where the body has been found is very close to each other. Brown County has a huge state park very remote areas.

I've always wondered if they would find Lauren because of all the remote areas, both Bloomington and Brown County...well all of southern IN actually.

Bloomington and Brown County where the body has been found is very close to each other. Brown County has a huge state park very remote areas.

I've always wondered if they would find Lauren because of all the remote areas, both Bloomington and Brown County...well all of southern IN actually.

I'm so anxious about this. I don't know how her family does it.:facepalm:

I know this case takes many strange twists and turns. But, most strange of all would be for Lauren found at the location from where another woman named Kate went missing.
Can't be true? Or, is it?
More likely. The media is unaware that Kate has also been missing and we have sloppy reporting once again.

I vote for sloppy reporting.

And/or shameless attempts to get more clicks on a website.

I know this case takes many strange twists and turns. But, most strange of all would be for Lauren found at the location from where another woman named Kate went missing.
Can't be true? Or, is it?
More likely. The media is unaware that Kate has also been missing and we have sloppy reporting once again.

Brown County and Cedar Grove are not very close. About 80 miles between the two. Brown County and Bloomington where IU is its only about 20 minutes if that from each other.

That was Katelyn Markham who was found near Brookville Indiana. She is a different missing woman. I was referring to Kate McGrayel. She went missing 3 years ago, right now, from the very location where these remains were found. So, if it's Lauren? This would be very strange indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990