IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
why is it that this guy SJHD is suddenly being considered? There are a lot of guys like this one in and around this town.

Because he violently assaulted a girl in the street? I know, long shot, but there aren't a lot of people attacking strangers in Bloomington, are there? I definitely think that anyone who has should be looked into!

Regarding the possibility that it was someone tangentially related to the POIs, e.g., JR's supplier.

That was raised early on and maybe does make some sense in as much as LS seemed raring to go that night and not everyone else was as up for the party. Possibly she and CR returned to JR's to re-up and JR was tapped out, so he arranged for his guy to meet up with LS to resupply her...

Problem there is that JR is unlikely to cover up for this 3rd party dealer...why on Earth would he? And there'd likely be a record of communication btw JR and the relevant 3rd party, unless JR was working off a disposable cell or something.

Still think the LS OD'd theory and CR/MB/JR combined to cover it up is the odds-on favorite.

With JR leading the charge due to his role in suppling LS and others.

As I've indicated, JR's crafted version of events covers nearly everyone close to him, the POI's, his guests, and including himself. His story points to random stranger abduction, which is extremely unlikely.

Now you suggest that it's unlikely JR would cover for his supplier of "something" illegal. There is no logic in that. Do you know nothing about how drug distribution works? At the same time, this possible person was also maybe a lifelong friend?? Sticking by the scenario that Lauren died by accidental means from drugs (in whatever combination or however they entered her system, voluntary or involuntary) and/or injuries sustained from falls, etc... JR covers for everyone including the possibility of out of town guests and possible "dealer" friend all for the same reasons... because JR is in the culpability chain! For example, lets take some threads from suggestions and suspicions people have posted here. That JR has dealer "friends" from Michigan. They are down from Michigan for what reason? They are there to party or supply or both. Or do they just miss so much their pal JR? Think... Ok. Now LS goes through her ping pong night and observable demise incurring serious injuries until she is face down fallen unconscious and that's the last we really know of her. If she died there at that moment, a few moments later, or even 1/2 hr later at 5N, and 911 were called (because obviously she was with someone).... then think about the next steps by LE and the Spierers. The investigation would lead to identification of those who supplied her with drugs that night. Now even if this "dealer" / supplier to JR were still around and only tangentially involved (either being in the wrong place at the wrong time, or actually being part of the supply chain of substances present in LS's body at the time of death) the threads leading to JR would then put JR on the spot. It always comes down to rat on your dealer and cooperate OR take the rap yourself. Ratting on dealers is a very risky business, and when they are also lifelong friends it presents some interesting dilemmas. Consider, that JR finds himself with a dead, dying or very soon dead LS, and then crafts the story that has been attributed to him by various sources as a means of protecting himself (not just from LE, but from financial culpability from civil suits, or even retribution from bad people) while also possibly maintaining his loyalty to "friends" either because they really are friends or because it would come back on him in a worse way than what he risks now(nothing). I can see JR sleeping at night(assuming he has a conscience) as he has rationalized that all they did was cover up LS's death to protect himself and in turn his pals, not actually cause her death. If JR had a conscience, and felt to blame, then he might have come forward. Intuition tells me that all of these people have absolved themselves of responsibility and consider LS's death an accident, and they (or he) were/was highly motivated to cover up because there would still be consequences on them... and after all they were all only "having fun".

I'm also thinking that 2 or more people involved in disposal makes it much harder to find than one panicky person trying to act quickly. And that is usually the case with these bodies that turn up everywhere so carelessly dumped in haste, and especially when someone is murdered in fits of passion or random abductions. A thought out disposal carried out by 2 or more people who had time to think rationally and who did not feel responsible for her death (but not wanting to be blamed for it) would go much differently.

Anyway, simply put, JR's story keeps a lid on any cans of worms that might mess up his life. It doesn't so much matter that his lesser motivations would be loyalty to a friendship, or fear of retribution, it seems his primary motivation would be that ANY consequence would be an unacceptable intrusion into his cushy life. Yeah, I'm saying it... I think LS death was viewed as an inconvenience and this clever strategy to sweep it under the rug looked like the best option. And I'm sure JR is the type of person to weigh out the options. So, to that extent perhaps we agree. Yes i think JR would sell out a friend if it seemed the best option. Seems there are reasons this disposal option was the more attractive one. Perhaps that will lead somewhere?

checking to see if I can post, sorry if I broke any rules....

Ok, so I see there are a lot missing posts, I'm not sure what I may have done wrong or what shouldn't have been posted/said but I don't want to do it again... so any hints so I can avoid it in the future?

I have been feeling very frustrated and helpless regarding Lauren, It's so difficult wanting to do something but feeling wholly unable to do anything of real value. I decided recently that I would start to approach this in the same way I approach everything else in my life. I make a conscious effort to be positive and proactive in everyday life, and I realized that I was only looking at Laurens case from a negative perspective, constantly going over the questions I can't answer and feeling frustration over all the things I can't do. Don't misunderstand, I'm not saying there is anything positive about Lauren being missing, I'm referring to the manner I approach and process the information regarding her disappearance. So, all of this thinking led me to making my mediation focus this question: 'How can I be a positive influence on bringing Laurens disappearance to a resolution?" After many meditations I had an idea. Rather than only using mediation to seek an answer to this the question, instead use mediation as the positive influence itself. So, I want to see if there is any significant amount of people that would be interested in participating in a coordinated, synchronized meditation focusing on finding Lauren. My thought process is that because entropy is a measure of disorder (in the case, the information that leads to finding Lauren is very disorganized) and that disorder can only increase, according to the second law of Thermodynamics. The only way to reverse entropy is to introduce an outside energy. Thoughts and intentions (via meditation too) are energy. This might sound really flaky, I know that is sort of expected from me by now, but there is plenty of real scientific data to back up the concept of group meditation and how it can effect outcomes. For those interested in that sort of thing here are a few links on that:
http://link.springer.com/article/10.1023/A:1006978911496
http://www.scientificexploration.org/journal/jse_21_2_mason.pdf
http://news.wikinut.com/Meditation-En-Masse-Will-Change-the-World/1.t_mezj/
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maharishi_Effect"]Maharishi Effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

You really don't need to be skilled in mediation or to even have any experience with meditation. All you need is the desire for Lauren to be found and the ability to hold that thought in your mind for an extended period of time. Please let me know if you would like to participate and please please feel free to recruit as many people as you would like. I'm open to suggestions for dates and times, but I was thinking maybe every Sunday afternoon for the foreseeable future. maybe around 4pm-5pm central time. There is no reason at all why there can't be multiple times, even a set time for every day of the week, so that the largest number of people that would like to participate will have the opportunity. If you don't believe in all this woo-woo stuff then do it anyway and think of it as a legit opportunity to take a nap, just make sure to think only about Lauren being found before you fall asleep. ;)
Surely I'm not the only weirdo here.

I have been feeling very frustrated and helpless regarding Lauren, It's so difficult wanting to do something but feeling wholly unable to do anything of real value. I decided recently that I would start to approach this in the same way I approach everything else in my life. I make a conscious effort to be positive and proactive in everyday life, and I realized that I was only looking at Laurens case from a negative perspective, constantly going over the questions I can't answer and feeling frustration over all the things I can't do....

Snipped by me. I understand how you feel. What I try to do is impart an understanding of safety in my daughter and the girls she socializes with on Lauren's behalf. They have a need for independence that supersedes their understanding of safety, IMO. Doing so won't bring Lauren back, but I joined this board because she reminded me of my daughter in many ways.

While I'm not sure if walking alone contributed to her disappearance, I do know that trusting a young man she didn't know couldn't have helped matters. So I talk about both ... no walking alone, no trusting those who might not have your back. I think young women need to stick together. And of course I speak of alcohol and drugs. But they're out there, I know.

I hope Lauren's mother and father know that we still have her (and them) in our thoughts.

I have been feeling very frustrated and helpless regarding Lauren, It's so difficult wanting to do something but feeling wholly unable to do anything of real value. I decided recently that I would start to approach this in the same way I approach everything else in my life. I make a conscious effort to be positive and proactive in everyday life, and I realized that I was only looking at Laurens case from a negative perspective, constantly going over the questions I can't answer and feeling frustration over all the things I can't do. Don't misunderstand, I'm not saying there is anything positive about Lauren being missing, I'm referring to the manner I approach and process the information regarding her disappearance. So, all of this thinking led me to making my mediation focus this question: 'How can I be a positive influence on bringing Laurens disappearance to a resolution?" After many meditations I had an idea. Rather than only using mediation to seek an answer to this the question, instead use mediation as the positive influence itself. So, I want to see if there is any significant amount of people that would be interested in participating in a coordinated, synchronized meditation focusing on finding Lauren. My thought process is that because entropy is a measure of disorder (in the case, the information that leads to finding Lauren is very disorganized) and that disorder can only increase, according to the second law of Thermodynamics. The only way to reverse entropy is to introduce an outside energy. Thoughts and intentions (via meditation too) are energy. This might sound really flaky, I know that is sort of expected from me by now, but there is plenty of real scientific data to back up the concept of group meditation and how it can effect outcomes. For those interested in that sort of thing here are a few links on that:
http://link.springer.com/article/10.1023/A:1006978911496
http://www.scientificexploration.org/journal/jse_21_2_mason.pdf
http://news.wikinut.com/Meditation-En-Masse-Will-Change-the-World/1.t_mezj/
Maharishi Effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You really don't need to be skilled in mediation or to even have any experience with meditation. All you need is the desire for Lauren to be found and the ability to hold that thought in your mind for an extended period of time. Please let me know if you would like to participate and please please feel free to recruit as many people as you would like. I'm open to suggestions for dates and times, but I was thinking maybe every Sunday afternoon for the foreseeable future. maybe around 4pm-5pm central time. There is no reason at all why there can't be multiple times, even a set time for every day of the week, so that the largest number of people that would like to participate will have the opportunity. If you don't believe in all this woo-woo stuff then do it anyway and think of it as a legit opportunity to take a nap, just make sure to think only about Lauren being found before you fall asleep. ;)

I'm in Seeing! You're not a weirdo at all - lol! Everyone has their own way, in my case, I have to check on Lauren's thread every day, no matter what I'm doing or where I am, I've been here since the first post but lurked because I knew if I started posting, y'all would be sorry :) If people want to think I'm a weirdo because I want to check on Lauren's status when I'm on vacation, then so be it. Keylime talks with her daughter - all great ways to honor Lauren!

I will check out your links and see what I can accomplish, in Lauren's honor, on Sunday afternoons. I've never meditated before but if there is any chance it will bring Lauren home to her loved ones, then I'll do it! At least I will feel like I'm helping, positive energy never hurts!!!

Anyone else care to join in?

I'm in Seeing! You're not a weirdo at all - lol! Everyone has their own way, in my case, I have to check on Lauren's thread every day, no matter what I'm doing or where I am, I've been here since the first post but lurked because I knew if I started posting, y'all would be sorry :) If people want to think I'm a weirdo because I want to check on Lauren's status when I'm on vacation, then so be it. Keylime talks with her daughter - all great ways to honor Lauren!

I will check out your links and see what I can accomplish, in Lauren's honor, on Sunday afternoons. I've never meditated before but if there is any chance it will bring Lauren home to her loved ones, then I'll do it! At least I will feel like I'm helping, positive energy never hurts!!!

Anyone else care to join in?

I agree - Sure, why not?

Unlike KeyLime, I don't have any kids. But I do have a younger (college-age) female cousin, and sometimes undergrad interns, so I try to be sensitive to opportunities to share with them about safety. (Just because it is my field I focus on the importance of being informed in your decisions about drug use.)

I agree - Sure, why not?

Unlike KeyLime, I don't have any kids. But I do have a younger (college-age) female cousin, and sometimes undergrad interns, so I try to be sensitive to opportunities to share with them about safety. (Just because it is my field I focus on the importance of being informed in your decisions about drug use.)

The flip side is to talk about the young men about what to do if you see or find a young woman in LS' condition. That's not an easy conversation for me, because I'd like to think my son would do the right thing ... but we have to consider the tendency to not want to become involved as well as peer pressure.

I want to think that ZO acted on LS' behalf at SW, because believing that restores my faith just a little. OTOH, it may be that he wasn't. IDK. If he was, I wonder if he knows more about the night than he's willing to share, for whatever reason.

... You really don't need to be skilled in mediation or to even have any experience with meditation. All you need is the desire for Lauren to be found and the ability to hold that thought in your mind for an extended period of time. Please let me know if you would like to participate and please please feel free to recruit as many people as you would like. I'm open to suggestions for dates and times, but I was thinking maybe every Sunday afternoon for the foreseeable future. maybe around 4pm-5pm central time. There is no reason at all why there can't be multiple times, even a set time for every day of the week, so that the largest number of people that would like to participate will have the opportunity. If you don't believe in all this woo-woo stuff then do it anyway and think of it as a legit opportunity to take a nap, just make sure to think only about Lauren being found before you fall asleep. ;)

Snipped by me. I'd be happy to do a focused meditation on LS every Sunday from 4-5 pm. Perhaps some helpful thoughts will result. Thinking positive is good.

Several thoughts:
1) Clearly, and all along, LE has had more information that the general public....2 years are gone, why not ask for some help by releasing more information if it's relevent?...maybe it would put pressure on someone?

2) LS and CR. This has been an itch for me since day 1...They met at Indy 500 on Sunday, through what seems to be a link between the HT and JR. It seems that HT and JR were closer, but LS knew JR through HT and that LW met CR through JR....so that night, JR calls LS to come over for a pre-game party, and apparently she has already been partying at SW with DR and others, but chose NOT to hang/party/see boyfriend JW...for whatever reason, but decides that this invitation is more appealing...it was clear that CR had 'designs' for LS and I believe it was stated that he told someone he wanted to sleep with her. My assessment is Lauren KNEW this, and that there may have even been some interest on her side. LS and DR wander on over, but DR returns to SW, but LS stays and ultimately goes to CRs appt with him before heading to Kilroys. I believe her intention that night was to pursue CR...I am curious if LE knows how long they were at CR's before heading to Kilroys....did they stop to grab something, or did they linger a while and spend time together. It is unclear if MB was home at this time, as it was said that he might have been on JR's earlier, but again, not confirmed. If we know what time they arrived at Kilroys, and I would suspect LE has video of them 'making their way' TO Kilroys the same cameras that have them coming back to 5N later, then they would know how long they were there. Where I'm going is motive. I'd be suprised if LE doesn't not have a list of attendees at JR's party and I'd be curious to know if they'd lawyered up too or if they would talk to LS and CR interactions at JRs and why/when they left. She seemed to be by his side the rest of the night, to Kilroys, at Kilroys, leaveing Kilroys, at SW, leaving SW....if she didn't want to be, was concerned about JW in any way, wanted to go home or wanted to get away from CR, she had opportunity at SW....but again chose to stay with him, albeit impaired. I'm interested in what info (thru text or other) that JW was privy to about that night, during that night or early morning....why so quick to assume something is wrong. If this is regular behavoir, why assume the worse? If it's not regular behavoir, I'm sure JW's was curious to her whereabouts/intentions, or at least.....her safety?

3) The vomit...(sorry), but he carries her home, but he vomits on his stairs? Assuming they are positive it's his, why? What caused it? They way I see it, there are few options:
a. He has a tummy ache
b. He has consumed too much drug/alcohol (but less than LS, but she apparently can handle it)
c. Kilroys served some bad pizza
d. He just witnessed something that he couldn't stomach

2 years and we're no further than that day....someone needs to start prying into people's lives!

Several thoughts:
1) Clearly, and all along, LE has had more information that the general public....2 years are gone, why not ask for some help by releasing more information if it's relevent?...maybe it would put pressure on someone?

2) LS and CR. This has been an itch for me since day 1...They met at Indy 500 on Sunday, through what seems to be a link between the HT and JR. It seems that HT and JR were closer, but LS knew JR through HT and that LW met CR through JR....so that night, JR calls LS to come over for a pre-game party, and apparently she has already been partying at SW with DR and others, but chose NOT to hang/party/see boyfriend JW...for whatever reason, but decides that this invitation is more appealing...it was clear that CR had 'designs' for LS and I believe it was stated that he told someone he wanted to sleep with her. My assessment is Lauren KNEW this, and that there may have even been some interest on her side. LS and DR wander on over, but DR returns to SW, but LS stays and ultimately goes to CRs appt with him before heading to Kilroys. I believe her intention that night was to pursue CR...I am curious if LE knows how long they were at CR's before heading to Kilroys....did they stop to grab something, or did they linger a while and spend time together. It is unclear if MB was home at this time, as it was said that he might have been on JR's earlier, but again, not confirmed. If we know what time they arrived at Kilroys, and I would suspect LE has video of them 'making their way' TO Kilroys the same cameras that have them coming back to 5N later, then they would know how long they were there. Where I'm going is motive. I'd be suprised if LE doesn't not have a list of attendees at JR's party and I'd be curious to know if they'd lawyered up too or if they would talk to LS and CR interactions at JRs and why/when they left. She seemed to be by his side the rest of the night, to Kilroys, at Kilroys, leaveing Kilroys, at SW, leaving SW....if she didn't want to be, was concerned about JW in any way, wanted to go home or wanted to get away from CR, she had opportunity at SW....but again chose to stay with him, albeit impaired. I'm interested in what info (thru text or other) that JW was privy to about that night, during that night or early morning....why so quick to assume something is wrong. If this is regular behavoir, why assume the worse? If it's not regular behavoir, I'm sure JW's was curious to her whereabouts/intentions, or at least.....her safety?

3) The vomit...(sorry), but he carries her home, but he vomits on his stairs? Assuming they are positive it's his, why? What caused it? They way I see it, there are few options:
a. He has a tummy ache
b. He has consumed too much drug/alcohol (but less than LS, but she apparently can handle it)
c. Kilroys served some bad pizza
d. He just witnessed something that he couldn't stomach

2 years and we're no further than that day....someone needs to start prying into people's lives!

I'm going to go with D.

And you're right- someone needs to start prying into people's lives. I get that the POI's have lawyered up, but from where I'm sitting there is still so much that could be done in regards to prying, pestering, and being annoying to the point they snap or break. Letting them fade into society isn't going to help solve this case. Once summer 2011 ended and the POI's returned to IU's campus, it seemed like the media was doing a better job prying than LE. Does anyone else get the interpretation that LE basically left the suspects alone after they lawyered up? Again, I recognize there's only so much you can do once people have lawyered up, but I feel like LE could have went out of their way to somehow make life annoying and uncomfortable for the POI's.

The problem with prying into people's lives and being annoying until they break or snap is two-fold:
#1 It's very unlikely every POI is guilty.

#2 It's possible that every POI is innocent.

Should society really cast a large net, presuming guilt and then act accordingly, catching innocent and potentially innocent people alike in the web in hopes of finding an actual guilty party because the state can't find enough evidence to move forward otherwise?

My answer to that is clearly 'no'. Society should not operate that way.

But it's like I mused the other day, if it was 100% about finding LS then LE would just put all the cards on the table, post videos, photos, summarize statements and searches, etc and hope something breaks from it (even if it means tarnishing the legal case). They aren't going to do that.

But none of this means we should start throwing out people's legal rights in some kind of 'ends justifying the means' action in order to at least make an attempt to find LS and justice. Do that, and along the way justice will suffer in the bigger picture much more than in any one case.

I'm going to go with D.

And you're right- someone needs to start prying into people's lives. I get that the POI's have lawyered up, but from where I'm sitting there is still so much that could be done in regards to prying, pestering, and being annoying to the point they snap or break. Letting them fade into society isn't going to help solve this case. Once summer 2011 ended and the POI's returned to IU's campus, it seemed like the media was doing a better job prying than LE. Does anyone else get the interpretation that LE basically left the suspects alone after they lawyered up? Again, I recognize there's only so much you can do once people have lawyered up, but I feel like LE could have went out of their way to somehow make life annoying and uncomfortable for the POI's.

It absolutely amazes me that some people still think LS walked out of JR's and that JR is telling the truth. The preponderance of evidence points to him LYING. There is not enough for a criminal conviction in public view, but if I were on a Jury in a Civil suit based on public facts I would vote in favor of the Plaintiffs (Spierers). JR supposedly spent almost 1 hr making sure that LS was capable of walking home 2 blocks when he could have walked her home in 5 minutes. Six ways to Sunday the stories and FACTS indicate that something went very wrong!!! She didn't "round the corner"... unless her corpse was "rounding the corner" in a vehicle. And sure ask the question in a polygraph... "did you see her round the corner?
he could pass it even if she were dead and in a vehicle. She didn't walk around that corner barefoot and alive - no way.

And, it absolutely amazes me that some people have such strong opinions when only one reporter has seen the video. Am I supposed to just say yes to anything he says? Don't get me wrong. I'm glad that a journalist is investigating. However, we're only getting one take on this story.
Many reporters have been laid off work. It's not like 10 years ago when every TV, radio station, and newspaper would have their own news department and send in their own team.
And, I never was a yes man. I have to see it for myself so I can make up my own mind.

AKH and VV....
Agreed, prying and assuming guilt is not the way to go, but there are more clues out there as to what happened and why, the hope would be that the clues would devlop into a theory that could be proved, cleearly reaching....but at this point, gotta reach. If it's my daugher, I'm prying...

As far as JR...agreed. But we got to find out why? Why was he involved, why did he lie/cover, or what the hell really happened? Someone else maybe able to provide some insight, someone else at the party, someone who has NOT lawyered up.

Related to that, here's the biggest issue I see with JR's story: TIMING-
LS and CR arrive at 5N shortly after 3:00 from what we know, correct? Our puking, incoherent/amnesia stricken CR is likely 'put to bed' immediately. I don't think it takes MB long, maybe seconds to a few minutes to decide he has to finish his paper and doesn't want to party, so now LS ends up at JR....but doesn't leave until 4:30???? This is almost and hour and a half later, what is she doing, what is he doing? I don't think we have a confirmed time frame from when LS was 'walked' to JR's, but I can't imagine is much past 3:30....so what is she doing from 3:30 to 4:15 when she makes the call? Trying to dial on a iPod? That time is a long time when you're messed up. Also, why make up that time frame? How does it fit the story? Someone else has to know what happened at 5N that night, even if it's second hand.

... Related to that, here's the biggest issue I see with JR's story: TIMING-LS and CR arrive at 5N shortly after 3:00 from what we know, correct? Our puking, incoherent/amnesia stricken CR is likely 'put to bed' immediately. I don't think it takes MB long, maybe seconds to a few minutes to decide he has to finish his paper and doesn't want to party, so now LS ends up at JR....but doesn't leave until 4:30???? This is almost and hour and a half later, what is she doing, what is he doing? I don't think we have a confirmed time frame from when LS was 'walked' to JR's, but I can't imagine is much past 3:30....so what is she doing from 3:30 to 4:15 when she makes the call? Trying to dial on a iPod? That time is a long time when you're messed up. Also, why make up that time frame? How does it fit the story? Someone else has to know what happened at 5N that night, even if it's second hand.

Snipped by me. If it wasn't for the fact that there was no hits by cadaver dogs at JR's, I'd think that JR let LS crash there to sleep it off, just like MB allegedly did with CR. I'm assuming the dogs were cadaver dogs, since she was obviously at JR's that night. If they weren't, she could have fallen asleep and not woken up, since JR's story obviously places her in his apartment. (Which is why I can't believe the dogs weren't cadaver dogs.)

I agree that someone else has to know what happened ... or at least has heard rumors.

Snipped by me. If it wasn't for the fact that there was no hits by cadaver dogs at JR's, I'd think that JR let LS crash there to sleep it off, just like MB allegedly did with CR. <Snipped.>

I've wondered the same thing -- If he just left her to crash and things went wrong later.

About the dogs: It's always bothered me that whatever kind of dogs they were, they didn't search the apartment until almost a month later. Would they still be effective if the place had been totally cleaned? I have no idea. Either way though, we don't actually know the results of any of the searches.

Cadaver dogs can detect the death scent 100 years after one dies in a building. So, the police did not screw up. They knew what they were doing. You can bet had BPD fund that scent at JR's, CR's, or JW's-we would be hearing about a suspect and likely an arrest. So, I don't think Lauren died in those buildings.
They nay have thought she was dead though if she was in prolonged syncope. Let's hope that did not happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdeem713