IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No evidence of him being in Bloomington, but he was confirmed to be in the state on the 3rd (I think it may have been at tolls or something? I should look it up) It's obviously still a long shot but it's still very strange that he was there on the exact day that she went missing.

It could be a coincidence, though ... I was shocked to find that he drove around my neck of the woods after killing the Curriers. Scary. If he drove the 80/90E route, he would have crossed the top northern part of IN, which has tolls. I agree with Ros that he seemed to have things prearranged. But who knows?

PS: Driving from Chicago to Bloomington would look like this:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Chicago&1s=IL&2c=Bloomington&2s=IN#db9c7a1457cd83d9ef75fcbf

And driving from Chicago to Essex, VT, via 80/90E would look like:
https://www.google.com/#q=driving+from+chicago+to+essex,+vermont

Here is one timeline that puts him in Indiana on June 3rd (from a member of this forum) [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9754897&postcount=923"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AK AK, NY Israel Keyes - Who are all of his victims???[/ame]

This appears to put him on the direct route (Indiana toll road) and probably not near Bloomington. However, I just thought the info was something we shouldn't ignore. I'm sure there's a great chance it's just a coincidence, but who's to say Keyes didn't make a pitstop on a college campus to look for a young woman? The purpose of this trip was to commit murder, and Keyes was clearly a sick individual. Really nothing to prove it could have been him other than the fact that he's a serial killer and was within driving distance on that day... but still eerie.

Wow, I didn't know anything about Keyes. Terrifying.

I still think the odds of a stranger abduction are extremely low given the time frame and other factors, and I personally feel that the POI would have taken a very different course of action if they believed it was... But reading things like this give me the chills.

I know that after Keyes died in prison, information on him and his crimes along with his route/whereabouts was turned over to BPD for investigation. Nothing has ever come of it but I don't know if it's because it has been ruled out or just kept close to the vest.

Here is one timeline that puts him in Indiana on June 3rd (from a member of this forum) Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AK AK, NY Israel Keyes - Who are all of his victims???

This appears to put him on the direct route (Indiana toll road) and probably not near Bloomington. However, I just thought the info was something we shouldn't ignore. I'm sure there's a great chance it's just a coincidence, but who's to say Keyes didn't make a pitstop on a college campus to look for a young woman? The purpose of this trip was to commit murder, and Keyes was clearly a sick individual. Really nothing to prove it could have been him other than the fact that he's a serial killer and was within driving distance on that day... but still eerie.

He visited family members in small town near Ft.Wayne. The route has 4 toll booths and does put him on direct route out of state to ohio. But this guy drove 2715 miles.in a rental car and he had airline ticket to same destination that he didnt use.. I dont believe you can eliminate him because he was ,a 3 hr drive north.of bloomington. The Essex Murders were 6/8 . Essex is a 12 hr drive from bloomington ...so he has 4 1/2 days of unaccounted for time. Lauren happens to disappear within that same timeframe...
His Relatives have since moved but while living near.Ft. Wayne they made handmade organic soaps "sea soap".... I cant confirm if any shops in bloomington carried the product. .

He visited family members in small town near Ft.Wayne. The route has 4 toll booths and puts him on a direct route out of state, to ohio. To carry out his murders, this guy has driven 2715 miles in a rental car, and he had airline ticket to same destination.. I dont believe you can eliminate him because he was a 3 hr drive
drive north.of bloomington. The Essex Murders were 6/8 . Essex is a 12 hr drive from bloomington ...so he has 4 1/2 days of unaccounted for time. Lauren happens to disappear within that same timeframe...

I don't have time right now to dig for it, but I read that he spent three days in Vermont before murdering the Curriers. I think that was documented somehow, e.g., by purchases, etc. If true, that would leave more like 1 1/2 days. That doesn't mean it couldn't have happened, obviously, just that he'd have had less time. If he was involved, he could have taken LS with him to Vermont, I suppose. Prior to this discussion, I would have never thought to look for her there. (And it's not like JR or DB taking her to their home state.)

I don't have time right now to dig for it, but I read that he spent three days in Vermont before murdering the Curriers. I think that was documented somehow, e.g., by purchases, etc. If true, that would leave more like 1 1/2 days. That doesn't mean it couldn't have happened, obviously, just that he'd have had less time. If he was involved, he could have taken LS with him to Vermont, I suppose. Prior to this discussion, I would have never thought to look for her there. (And it's not like JR or DB taking her to their home state.)

And in that 1.5 day timeframe , Lauren disappeared ...

Wow, I didn't know anything about Keyes. Terrifying.

I still think the odds of a stranger abduction are extremely low given the time frame and other factors, and I personally feel that the POI would have taken a very different course of action if they believed it was... But reading things like this give me the chills.

It seems like everything went against LS' favor that night ... and to think she crossed paths with an infamous serial killer at 4 am in the morning seems unlikely, IMO (and so unfair). But ... I just heard about two women in Maine who got lost hiking in the mountains, were found, and then died after driving into the ocean a few minutes later. What horrific luck. I guess it happens. :(

And in that 1.5 day timeframe , Lauren disappeared ...

Maybe ... but wouldn't it depend on the time he left Chicago, etc.? He could have driven around for awhile, even checked stuff around town out ... but then it would have taken him more than 15 hours to get to Vermont, I'd think (Bloomington being south of I-80/90). I'm willing to consider almost anything, but the timeline would have to be carefully analyzed. Also, does anyone know what type of rental vehicle he was driving?

Maybe ... but wouldn't it depend on the time he left Chicago, etc.? He could have driven around for awhile, even checked stuff around town out ... but then it would have taken him more than 15 hours to get to Vermont, I'd think (Bloomington being south of I-80/90). I'm willing to consider almost anything, but the timeline would have to be carefully analyzed. Also, does anyone know what type of rental vehicle he was driving?

Ive not found the type of rental car he was driving. Im sure the BPD has that info and is examining all the video they've collected.
I agree we would need to know more information to consider him a suspect but from what iv'e read , there would be no way to eliminate him either. I would like to know the timestamps at the toll booths as well as if he used the last booth going east.
I also agree with you , that Keyes could have taken LS with him on way to Vermont.

It seems like everything went against LS' favor that night ... and to think she crossed paths with an infamous serial killer at 4 am in the morning seems unlikely, IMO (and so unfair). But ... I just heard about two women in Maine who got lost hiking in the mountains, were found, and then died after driving into the ocean a few minutes later. What horrific luck. I guess it happens. :(

Check this out. Especially the recent locations.

How weird?!

https://www.facebook.com/melissa.moyer.737

yes. What's weird is that she died in July.

Sometimes people keep the memory of a loved one alive by keeping that person's Facebook page going. What I find strange is that a deceased person's page would have no RIP messages on the wall. Sometimes a specific RIP memorial page is made for the deceased, though.

While this link has nothing to do with this case directly, it does talk about police records and the law and practice of releasing investigatory files of open or closed cases. Which dovetails into this case due to the civil litigation and what, if any, LE evidence the Spierer's have access to. It's very possible the answer is: none.

http://www.indystar.com/article/201...olice-disclosure-policies-vary-across-Indiana

Ive not found the type of rental car he was driving. Im sure the BPD has that info and is examining all the video they've collected.
I agree we would need to know more information to consider him a suspect but from what iv'e read , there would be no way to eliminate him either. I would like to know the timestamps at the toll booths as well as if he used the last booth going east.
I also agree with you , that Keyes could have taken LS with him on way to Vermont.

I've seen a list of (some of) the rental cars/dates/places but I'll have to look for it and see if I can find it again. I had actually brought up Lauren over on the IK thread last week/a few days ago. I even mapped out possible routes and time frames/miles he would've had to work within and from where we left it on that thread I thought we had pretty much ruled out the possibility of a connection using a time line done by some very very thorough WS researchers along with the information released by the FBI. But, it's still certainly worth checking into the rental car, just to see if it matches any cars seen on the tape. Here is my thinking though on a connection though (not that anyone asked ;)! )I followed the Samantha Koenig case from day 1 and I've done a fair amount of research on Keyes and honestly, from what we know about Laurens condition on 6/3, I'm not so sure she would've been a target of his; he really got off, I mean he really really got off on his victims fear and I'm not so sure that Lauren would've been coherent enough to give him that kind of fear. The other problem is that, it seemed to be a well established pattern that when he did kill, he immediately put distance between himself and that location and there is no indications that he had ever made 2 kills that close together in time and distance to each other, and he also told investigators that other than The Curriers, none of his victims had received much press coverage. That is certainly not the case with Lauren. So, while it's crazy not to take a look when a college girl goes missing on the day a known serial killer comes through the area, it really doesn't seem to fit with the way he usually worked. Or, maybe I'm just in deep denial that it could be possible because given his disposal methods it's highly unlikely that any of his victims will ever be found and I really don't even want to entertain that idea in regards to Lauren.

I've seen a list of (some of) the rental cars/dates/places but I'll have to look for it and see if I can find it again. I had actually brought up Lauren over on the IK thread last week/a few days ago. I even mapped out possible routes and time frames/miles he would've had to work within and from where we left it on that thread I thought we had pretty much ruled out the possibility of a connection using a time line done by some very very thorough WS researchers along with the information released by the FBI. But, it's still certainly worth checking into the rental car, just to see if it matches any cars seen on the tape. Here is my thinking though on a connection though (not that anyone asked ;)! )I followed the Samantha Koenig case from day 1 and I've done a fair amount of research on Keyes and honestly, from what we know about Laurens condition on 6/3, I'm not so sure she would've been a target of his; he really got off, I mean he really really got off on his victims fear and I'm not so sure that Lauren would've been coherent enough to give him that kind of fear. The other problem is that, it seemed to be a well established pattern that when he did kill, he immediately put distance between himself and that location and there is no indications that he had ever made 2 kills that close together in time and distance to each other, and he also told investigators that other than The Curriers, none of his victims had received much press coverage. That is certainly not the case with Lauren. So, while it's crazy not to take a look when a college girl goes missing on the day a known serial killer comes through the area, it really doesn't seem to fit with the way he usually worked. Or, maybe I'm just in deep denial that it could be possible because given his disposal methods it's highly unlikely that any of his victims will ever be found and I really don't even want to entertain that idea in regards to Lauren.

I agree and dont want to entertain that thought either.

wrong person, should probably remove this link. This person has updates/places as of 10 hours ago.

Actually, it is the right person, which is why Karmady thinks it's weird (which it is). I think a friend (the one in the pictures) posted these ... there are photos on her wall as well as Melissa's. Maybe they went to these places together, and it's her way of mourning? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966