Status
Not open for further replies.
From Bloomington to Edinburgh

IN-46 48.48 miles
59 mins / 59 mins based on current traffic

State Road 37 S 49.99 miles
1 hour / 1 hour based on current traffic

I agree about the cornfield. Most likely not LS. jmo

What was BPD's initial response when the remains of Ellen M. were found? A vicious perp was out there that time. However, I think that they arrested him within a fairly short time.
http://www.wbiw.com/local/archive/2012/09/man-who-murdered-bloomington-w.php
iirc, and when I have time tonight after work I will look it up, BPD was asked several times if they thought the public should beware of a killer out there, in context to Lauren, and they said it was unlikely, in no certain terms.

I had a strange thing happen ... I had a thought late last night that Lauren had been found. Maybe it was from reading about the body in Edinburg, though I don't think it's her. Wishful thinking perhaps. I've been thinking about her but can't find much new to say right now.

On a happier note, Happy Holidays to all!

I had a strange thing happen ... I had a thought late last night that Lauren had been found. Maybe it was from reading about the body in Edinburg, though I don't think it's her. Wishful thinking perhaps. I've been thinking about her but can't find much new to say right now.

On a happier note, Happy Holidays to all!
I had the same thoughts, and curious enough to Google the location (based on the news video) where the remains were found, which is very close to the highway/interstate (within yards) to the east and two super close RSOs living within a mile to the west.

I had the same thoughts, and curious enough to Google the location (based on the news video) where the remains were found, which is very close to the highway/interstate (within yards) to the east and two super close RSOs living within a mile to the west.

Interesting that we both thought this ... I was literally drifting off to sleep and had this thought. It was almost strong enough to make me immediately check here, though I waited to the next day. It's also interesting that two RSOs live so close to the Edinburgh site (though I still don't think the discovered body is her) ...

I thought I added the description of the photos. First photo shows the article described location of the remains. The dots on the Google view : white, remains, yellow, farm news story reported from in video. Red, address of RSO. Zoomed in on location of remains shown in video. ..looks like someone laying on the ground in white. Don't know the date of these Google view images...but am I the only one that "sees" this?
be277357cfe4cef93b851ac08faab8ca.jpg
6bd3422c193d1014dc34b917b5c3f97d.jpg
65420c3b64c11d34939017c0fc2c5a31.jpg
9ff8b2251f029207f6477af307fd5242.jpg

I doubt it. Based on the separation of the tread tracks relative to vehicles on the road nearby (they are very wide compared to the cars), that would have to be a pretty large person to be an arm.

I thought I added the description of the photos. First photo shows the article described location of the remains. The dots on the Google view : white, remains, yellow, farm news story reported from in video. Red, address of RSO. Zoomed in on location of remains shown in video. ..looks like someone laying on the ground in white. Don't know the date of these Google view images...but am I the only one that "sees" this?

I think you've made a great effort here but I just pulled that exact spot up on Google maps and it appears to be part of the number "4" which is part of the super imposed (embedded) date of "2014."

I totaly see it, fwiw.

Mahouston69, can you please link me up the co-ords you are using to pull this image? Tia

September 2013 is the google streetview imagery date on the adjacent Co Road 800 East, fwiw. The traffic on I65 is at a complete stand still in the Google Map picture I am looking at, that runs adjacent to the recovery location.

Tilford said it was unknown if the remains were male or female, an age and how long they had been there.

"The remains have been there for quite some time based on decomposition," Tilford said.

A forensic anthropologist with the University of Indianapolis was scheduled to assist in the recover and identification of the remains, according to law enforcement officials.

The remains were taken to a lab yesterday to be examined by an anthropologist next week.

http://www.shelbynews.com/news/article_beacdbe8-87b2-11e4-be23-7fe64e98ba01.html

Neighbors tell FOX 59 they’ve been through that field a lot.

“We frequent over there quite a bit. It’s quiet, it’s peaceful, it’s a beautiful place to go and relax. You just don’t think of something like that happening, especially right across the street,” explains neighbor Mike Bryant.

Investigators say it’s too early to determine if foul play was involved.

http://fox59.com/2014/12/19/officers-investigate-after-human-remains-found-in-cornfield/

These coordinates hopefully get you close. https://www.google.com/maps/@39.3941536,-85.9441983,137m/data=!3m1!1e3

I have a huge desktop monitor and it does not zoom in close like my tablet and phone do. Posting a screen shot of the surrounding area to help you get close to where this is.View attachment 66443 and this photo shows as close as my desktop google maps will take me. View attachment 66444

I checked again on a different PC.

What we are seeing is actually part of the number 4 in the date "2014" that Google has embedded into the image.

I caught a blurb and I think it said the Sullivan county body was identified as a missing teen from that area. Not LS.

Edit: I don't have a link but the remains were identified as Tiffany (sp?) Addams from Sullivan. The FB post I read said she was 20 years old and 7 months pregnant. And it is being investigated as a homicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinzstel